Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,102 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:33 AM

Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 - Jobs/Vacancies (557) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 (2366113 Views)

Oyo TESCOM Teachers Recruitment 2013 / Lagos State Teachers Recruitment Test / Lagos State Teachers Recruitment 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) (560) ... (842) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by kingsjeroneyah: 1:44pm On Jul 15, 2018
trexglox:
I love what just happened in ekiti.. A word is enough for the wise
No body owes workers salary and get voted for.
Imagine, 3k alert(EKSG) on the die-minute.

3 Likes

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by 001bumsa: 5:50pm On Jul 15, 2018
This is what I saw on mine

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by 001bumsa: 6:18pm On Jul 15, 2018
But my pay slip is showing 70,7...
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Sau24(m): 6:43pm On Jul 15, 2018
The figure above is wrong for one in 8/3.it should be below that.Mean while that one in you pay slip could be correct.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by 001bumsa: 6:44pm On Jul 15, 2018
And before now it has been 65,2....
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Sau24(m): 6:46pm On Jul 15, 2018
Iam in 8/4 but my figure is not up to what you posted 8/4 should be 2k plu higher than8/3
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by 2ruconfidence(f): 6:51pm On Jul 15, 2018
Chibuking81:
Most Rivers state civil servants, most especially teachers in both UBE AND PPSB that constitute up to half percent of Rivers state civil servant, I have discussed with so far were all angry with Mr Governor and getting ready to cast their vote against him, on the note that since ten years now no promotion, some that entered since last five years no promotion too.

These teachers has direct contact with upcoming youths, some which are at their 18th birthday, whom are qualified to register and cast their vote, but due to negligence at the side of government to teachers, instead of discouraging political apathy, they will ended up encouraging it, because government is not showing concern toward them.

Most complained about increase in their responsibilities as a bread winners of their family, still in the same salaries scale for more than a decade, with more children, and children changing from one level of education to higher one, with children universities tuition fees on their head.

Still, they witness deduction on their paid salaries, economy on the negative side. Most civil servants (teachers especially) believed that promotion would have solved most of these economy challenges, and increase in responsibilities challenges, but it's not forthcoming.

Anyone close to governor should advice him to seek the support of civil servants ( teachers mostly, as they are badly neglected) , by giving all of them as matter of urgency their long over due double promotion to get their support during election.

This neighborhood watch guys are being paid 70k monthly.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Juenwume: 8:33pm On Jul 15, 2018
trexglox:
I love what just happened in ekiti.. A word is enough for the wise
My sister, you don't know how happy i am right now...

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by 001bumsa: 5:50am On Jul 16, 2018
Sau24:
Iam in 8/4 but my figure is not up to what you posted 8/4 should be 2k plu higher than8/3
I only screen grabbed my profile, if there is any mistake. It's not my fault. Can someone do same so we can see and compare
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by hakeemlyon: 8:51am On Jul 16, 2018
Just checked mine now... I guess I have been promoted.

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by gold360(m): 9:13am On Jul 16, 2018
hakeemlyon:
Just checked mine now... I guess I have been promoted.
you were on level 8 step 3 before now?
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by hakeemlyon: 9:31am On Jul 16, 2018
gold360:
you were on level 8 step 3 before now?
yes..
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by kingsjeroneyah: 9:55am On Jul 16, 2018
For 001bumsa, 8^3 net= 7923---.
For hakeemlyon, 8^9 net= 7923---.
I think its a topographical error.
As far as it did not reflect on the net, otherwise the two cannot have the same net.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by 001bumsa: 2:10pm On Jul 16, 2018
kingsjeroneyah:
As far as it did not reflect on the net, otherwise the two cannot have the same net.
We were employed the same time, so we should be in same grade. So if there is any mistake it should be in my step and not the salary
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by kingsjeroneyah: 2:27pm On Jul 16, 2018
001bumsa:

We were employed the same time, so we should be in same grade. So if there is any mistake it should be in my step and not the salary
That's what am saying, that step 9, was probably type in error hence the take home remain same for the two parties.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by dmercy141983(m): 2:55pm On Jul 16, 2018
I am going to personally vote against wike and organise workers to vote against him even though we all know our vote doesn't count... He wants to bribe us with loan abiiii to hell with loan rather implement our promotion in paper and monetary values, promote us and implement it pay us our small money OK! we need it. Mr. project my foot!
vote against wike vote for a worker friendly governor from whatever party even the APC.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by 2ruconfidence(f): 9:15pm On Jul 16, 2018
Our main problem in this job is d union(NUT).The health fought for their member's salary and he promised to release d salary which i believe he has done.The NBA also wrote to him to transfer all their members that are teaching in secondary schools to their ministry which he had done.NUT is only interested in collecting union dues....

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by emekatex: 11:21pm On Jul 16, 2018
kingsjeroneyah:
I guess that should be gross salary and not net salary. However, do u have any idea when it will be implemented?
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by kingsjeroneyah: 7:58am On Jul 17, 2018
emekatex:
I guess that should be gross salary and not net salary. However, do u have any idea when it will be implemented?
Sometimes ago, it was to be implemented. Those in charge press button and finish two school, while on the third. Mr project gave them an order to stop till further notice. The biometric guys, say till after biometric. I know biometric, ends next month. Gaskia
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by gold360(m): 11:44am On Jul 17, 2018
Are you a Teacher or do you know a Teacher? Maltina Teachers application extended till Friday July 20th, 2018. Hurry now & apply. Teachers reward is here on earth!
Visit http://www.maltina-nigeria.com/maltina-teacher-of-the-year.html
Pls re-broadcast to all Private and public secondary school Teachers

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Iniobon(m): 4:05pm On Jul 18, 2018
The President of the Trade Union Congress of Nigeria, Mr. Bobboi Kaigama, announced on Wednesday that a new amount agreed on by the Federal Government and labour to serveas Nigeria’s new minimum wage would be announced next month.Bobboi, who made the disclosure in an interview with the labour correspondentof the News Agency of Nigeria in Lagos, said that the committee working on theminimum wage had almost concluded negotiations on the matter.The Federal Government had set a September date to roll out a new minimum wage for workers, although the Minister of Labour, Dr Chris Ngige, was recently reported as “double-speaking’’ on the issue.Civil servants in Nigeria are eagerly awaiting a wage increase after years of enduring a wage structure, described byanalysts as one of the lowest in the world.But public office holders in Africa’s most populous nation, including members of the bi-cameral parliament enjoy some of the biggest wages in the world, according to analysts.Kaigama said that a tripartite committee meeting was holding on Wednesday in Abuja but refused to elaborate on issues being discussed at the meeting.“The tripartite meeting is holding todaybut I do not want to pre-empt the outcome or the level we have reached inour discussions, otherwise there will be unnecessary anxiety.”But by the end of August, I am assuring you that workers will know what the agreed new minimum wage will be, ” he said.On November 22, 2017, President Muhammadu Buhari approved the appointment of a 30-member committee to work out a new minimum wage. He inaugurated the committee onNovember 27.Buhari was, subsequently, hailed by workers for listening to their cries for a review of the current N18, 000 minimum wage put in place by former President Goodluck Jonathan in 2011.The labour movement, including the Nigeria Labour Congress and the TUC had previously demanded N56, 000 as new minimum wage.However, the President of the NLC, Mr Ayuba Wabba later submitted a memorandum to the wage committee, demanding N66, 500 “living wage’’.Wabba said the living wage was necessary to restore confidence for workers, whom he said, had been devastated by years of exploitation and enduring slave wage.The committee negotiating the new wage is made up of representatives of the Nigeria Employers’ Consultative Association, the TUC/NLC and the government, represented by the FederalMinistry of Labour and Employment.http://punchng.com/workers-to-know-new-minimum-wage-in-august-says-tuc/

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by biggal: 7:48pm On Jul 18, 2018
2ruconfidence:

This neighborhood watch guys are being paid 70k monthly.

Pls have they started work cos I applied
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by temple4real(m): 6:47pm On Jul 20, 2018
The Federal Government has disbursed N668.898 billion to the three tiers of government for the month of May, despite the impasse in the Federation Accounts Allocation Committee (FAAC).

Director of Information at the Federal Ministry of Finance, Hassan Dodo, revealed this in a statement on Friday in Abuja.

He explained that the sharing of revenues for May, which was meant to be distributed in June, was put on hold because of the disagreement on remittances by the revenue generating agencies, especially the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC).

Dodo added that the money was distributed due to the urgent need to cushion the undue hardships being experienced by workers nationwide.

He, however, said the government was intensifying efforts to address the unsatisfactory remittances.

According to the director, the N668.898 billion is made up of the statutory distributable sum of N575.475 billion and N93.423 billion from the Value Added Tax (VAT).

He said, “The total revenue realised for the month, was shared in line with the extant formula as follows: Federal Government – N282.223 billion; State Governments – N181.167 billion; and Local Government Councils – N136.490 billion.

“The Oil Producing States received N53.071 billion as 13 per cent derivation. The sum of N15.947 billion was paid to the revenue generating agencies as costs of collections.”

Dodo revealed that the statutory revenue of N575.475 billion received for the month of May was lower than the N613.057 billion received for April by a total of N37.582 billion.

He noted that from the total statutory revenue of N575.475 billion, the Federal Government was given N268.770 billion, the states – N136.324 billion, Local Government Areas – N105.100 billion, the oil-producing states – N53.071 billion, while the revenue generating agencies received N12.210 billion as costs of collections.

“For the month of May 2018, the total revenue of N93.423 billion from the Value Added Tax (VAT) was N5.458 billion higher than the N87.965 billion distributed in April 2018.

“From the total of N93.423 billion, the Federal Government received N13.453 billion; the states received N44.843 billion; the Local Government Councils received N31.390 billion, while N3.737 billion was received by the revenue collecting agencies,” the director said.

The monthly FAAC meeting held in June had ended in a stalemate as a result of the disagreement on remittances by the revenue generating agencies.

The controversy continued as the Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF) faulted the remittances from the NNPC, saying they were inaccurate.

Briefing reporters after the governors met on Wednesday in Abuja, NGF Chairman and Zamfara State Governor, Abdul’Aziz Yari, queried the amount the NNPC claimed to have used for the payment of petroleum subsidies.

He said the governors resolved that until the agency corrects the discrepancies in the amount remitted to the Federation Account, the states would not share the money.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Chibuking81(m): 7:03pm On Jul 20, 2018
temple4real:
The Federal Government has disbursed N668.898 billion to the three tiers of government for the month of May, despite the impasse in the Federation Accounts Allocation Committee (FAAC).

Director of Information at the Federal Ministry of Finance, Hassan Dodo, revealed this in a statement on Friday in Abuja.

He explained that the sharing of revenues for May, which was meant to be distributed in June, was put on hold because of the disagreement on remittances by the revenue generating agencies, especially the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC).

Dodo added that the money was distributed due to the urgent need to cushion the undue hardships being experienced by workers nationwide.

He, however, said the government was intensifying efforts to address the unsatisfactory remittances.

According to the director, the N668.898 billion is made up of the statutory distributable sum of N575.475 billion and N93.423 billion from the Value Added Tax (VAT).

He said, “The total revenue realised for the month, was shared in line with the extant formula as follows: Federal Government – N282.223 billion; State Governments – N181.167 billion; and Local Government Councils – N136.490 billion.

“The Oil Producing States received N53.071 billion as 13 per cent derivation. The sum of N15.947 billion was paid to the revenue generating agencies as costs of collections.”

Dodo revealed that the statutory revenue of N575.475 billion received for the month of May was lower than the N613.057 billion received for April by a total of N37.582 billion.

He noted that from the total statutory revenue of N575.475 billion, the Federal Government was given N268.770 billion, the states – N136.324 billion, Local Government Areas – N105.100 billion, the oil-producing states – N53.071 billion, while the revenue generating agencies received N12.210 billion as costs of collections.

“For the month of May 2018, the total revenue of N93.423 billion from the Value Added Tax (VAT) was N5.458 billion higher than the N87.965 billion distributed in April 2018.

“From the total of N93.423 billion, the Federal Government received N13.453 billion; the states received N44.843 billion; the Local Government Councils received N31.390 billion, while N3.737 billion was received by the revenue collecting agencies,” the director said.

The monthly FAAC meeting held in June had ended in a stalemate as a result of the disagreement on remittances by the revenue generating agencies.

The controversy continued as the Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF) faulted the remittances from the NNPC, saying they were inaccurate.

Briefing reporters after the governors met on Wednesday in Abuja, NGF Chairman and Zamfara State Governor, Abdul’Aziz Yari, queried the amount the NNPC claimed to have used for the payment of petroleum subsidies.

He said the governors resolved that until the agency corrects the discrepancies in the amount remitted to the Federation Account, the states would not share the money.

http://www.nta.ng/news/economy1/20180720-faac-fg-states-lgs-share-n668-89b/
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Chibuking81(m): 10:33am On Jul 22, 2018
http://googleweblight.com/i?u=http://punchng.com/unpaid-salaries-responsible-for-fayemis-victory-says-nlc/&hl=ha-NG&tg=315&pt=11

Unpaid salaries responsible for Fayemi’s victory, says NLC
Published
July 22, 2018
ADELANI ADEPEGBA
The Nigeria Labour Congress has attributed the election of Kayode Fayemi as Ekiti State Governor to the failure of the outgoing administration in the state to pay workers’ salaries and benefits.
The congress therefore admonished the incoming administration to settle workers salaries and pension immediately it was sworn in.

The NLC President, Ayuba Wabba, in a congratulatory message to Fayemi in Abuja on Saturday, stated that Fayemi’s election was a reflection of the popular wishes of the people and their appreciation of the work he started when he was governor of the state.
Wabba counseled the new governor against vilifying or going after his predecessor, adding that he should rather complete the work he started in his first tenure.
The NLC boss stated that Fayemi should use the opportunity of his second coming to render higher and greater service to the people of Ekiti State “who have kept faith with you in spite of everything.”
He said, “Few, if any, suffered the level of government-engineered vilification and witch-hunt aimed at frustrating your bid for a second term in office. That you won this election in spite of these obstacles or frustration should be a source of joy and pride to you and your esteemed supporters.
“We believe that the non-payment of workers salary and pension by the outgoing government was enough reason for the vote of no confidence by the people.

“We are confident that one of your first executive actions upon your inauguration would be to clear the backlog of salaries and pension owed Ekiti workers.”
The congress President said the people would hold the new governor to his promises, adding that the NLC would not do any differently.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Chibuking81(m): 11:04am On Jul 22, 2018
Unpaid salary as main reason PDP was voted out from Ekiti.
This suppose to serve as a note of warning
/noticed to governors to be workers friendly.

Since more than 10 years in Rivers state, teachers has not been promoted, the one done has not reflected in their salaries.

Those employed about five years ago has not been promoted at all, even their steps has not changed.

Those of us whom didn't received their February and March salary 2016 till now, the money has not been paid.

The interest free revolving loan its form was filled, no sign of it coming soon. General election is just only 7 months to go.

As matter of urgency, governor should give teachers double promotion, pay their February/ March 2016 unpaid salary. Give them interest free revolving loan he promised.

Anything done at late hours is considered by the educated working class citizens as fake. This include the late hours promotion, as was done in Ekiti state.

United state recently categorized vote buying with money during election as part of election rigging, (Ekiti state as a case study) educated citizens view it as fake.

Capital projects and human projects are both important, but the most important is human project or human development, which has positive impact in the economy life of the state and her citizens.

Our governor should hasten his feet, to address the workers challenges, most especially teachers who constitute upto half of state civil servants.

Together with their families, they has significant number/ voting strenght in the state more than any other state ministry or establishment.

They should command more attention.

3 Likes

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by mod17(f): 11:24am On Jul 23, 2018
Chibuking81:
Unpaid salary as main reason PDP was voted out from Ekiti.
This suppose to serve as a note of warning
/noticed to governors to be workers friendly.

Since more than 10 years in Rivers state, teachers has not been promoted, the one done has not reflected in their salaries.

Those employed about five years ago has not been promoted at all, even their steps has not changed.

Those of us whom didn't received their February and March salary 2016 till now, the money has not been paid.

The interest free revolving loan its form was filled, no sign of it coming soon. General election is just only 7 months to go.

As matter of urgency, governor should give teachers double promotion, pay their February/ March 2016 unpaid salary. Give them interest free revolving loan he promised.

Anything done at late hours is considered by the educated working class citizens as fake. This include the late hours promotion, as was done in Ekiti state.

United state recently categorized vote buying with money during election as part of election rigging, (Ekiti state as a case study) educated citizens view it as fake.

Capital projects and human projects are both important, but the most important is human project or human development, which has positive impact in the economy life of the state and her citizens.

Our governor should hasten his feet, to address the workers challenges, most especially teachers who constitute upto half of state civil servants.

Together with their families, they has significant number/ voting strenght in the state more than any other state ministry or establishment.

They should command more attention.
True talk. A word is enough for the wise
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by tonero263(m): 12:25pm On Jul 23, 2018
Please,what is the current state of the state biometrics Finished or on-going...
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by kingsjeroneyah: 7:47pm On Jul 23, 2018
tonero263:
Please,what is the current state of the state biometrics Finished or on-going...
On-going!
Backhand services.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by sunnysos: 7:45am On Jul 24, 2018
Chairman of Trade Union Congress of Nigeria (TUC), Enugu State Council, Comrade Igbokwe Chukwuma Igbokwe confirms Gov. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi's payment of July salaries of state's Civil/Public Servants today (July 23rd, 2018) without receipt of Federal Allocations for June and July, 2018.

...Commends Gov. Ugwuanyi "for setting a record", saying:
"This action of His Excellency, which is happening for the first time since the creation of Enugu State is an undeniable proof that he is not just workers-friendly but truly committed to workers' welfare".

Enugu State is truly in the hands of God. #amokelouis

http://thepunditng.com/tuc-chairman-confirms-payment-of-july-salaries-without-faac-allocations/
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by sunnysos: 11:06am On Jul 24, 2018
The Deputy Governor-Elect of Ekiti, Bisi Egbeyemi, says Governor Ayo Fayose planned to use last-minute recruitment drive to win the July 14 governorship election for the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) but failed.

He described the employment forms released by the Fayose administration before the governorship poll in the state as fraudulent, warning prospective jobs seekers to be wary.

Speaking with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Ado-Ekiti on Monday, Egbeyemi also assured that the governor-elect, Dr Kayode Fayemi, would implement its blueprint for all sectors.

According to him, the salaries owed to workers by Fayose would be a top priority of the incoming administration.

The tenure of the current administration would end on October 16.

Egbeyemi described the purported recruitment as a scam to deceive the electorate during the poll.

“How can a governor who had few weeks left instruct unemployed youths in the state to submit their curriculum vitae for jobs that he promised to create for them?

“Over 10,000 youths in the state collected the forms for the jobs, but unfortunately, up till now, he has not employed one single youth in the state.

“Here is somebody who sacked all those who were employed by the Fayemi-led administration and now wants to employ 2,000 workers.

“Workers and the youths should know that he is only deceiving them, but he has forgotten that the people and an average Ekiti worker is more educated and enlightened than he is,” he said.

Egbeyemi, a former Chairman of Ado-Ekiti Local Government Area, promised that the incoming government would employ those sacked by the present government when it assumed office.

http://kikiotolu.com/fayemis-deputy-reveals-how-fayoses-last-minute-plan-failed/

(1) (2) (3) ... (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) (560) ... (842) (Reply)

Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom / Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs / Updated-New Job Vacancies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.