Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,564 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

Ten Worst Nigerian Celebrity Stage Names (Part 1) - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ten Worst Nigerian Celebrity Stage Names (Part 1) (26841 Views)

What Are Your Coolest/Wackiest Nigerian Celebrity Stage Names? / The Stories Behind 15 Celebrity Stage Names / Celebrities And Their Weird Stage Names (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ten Worst Nigerian Celebrity Stage Names (Part 1) by Cornel88(m): 11:53am On Aug 20, 2012
I-go-die should top d list.
Re: Ten Worst Nigerian Celebrity Stage Names (Part 1) by Dotman01(m): 11:56am On Aug 20, 2012
@Op . . I totally disagree on modenine nine's part. . .
Its seems u dnt know what Nine means in hiphop culture. 'Nine' is a semi-automatic handgun designed
to fire cartridges in caliber 9mm
Parabellum. So when someone calls himself Mode Nine, it simply means 'someone is in a killing Mode or in a mode to kill or murder a song. Pls Whenever u want to give examples just leave out 'real hip hop acts'.
Abi u havent heard about. Killer mike? Bun b? Big boi (mind u he's not big)? Big K.R.I.T? yelawolf? Andre 3000? These are names gotten in the streets before going into full time music.

3 Likes

Re: Ten Worst Nigerian Celebrity Stage Names (Part 1) by Nobody: 11:57am On Aug 20, 2012
ANY-PEN :
Most muscians that aren't with their real names as stage name will have their names sounding stupid until you can here their reasons for those names.

I think their names is a reflection of their personalities, most of these musicians are FAKE & when I say fake, I mean they don't have real principles & values that makes a strong character.

If you have strong character as a person, the first thing you do is identify, recognize & accept self & that includes your name & idealogies. This is part of what you sell in whatever you do.

But this ones look for what will sound sweet on people's tongue.... That's "fake" (you don't know self yet) & now you selling what you don't know?...... Bullshit!

I've heard Asa talked about her name & I think she's original. She picked that name when she was a child from an occurrence. I think she is an exception.

Very correct. Asa is originality. She will keep inspiring for long.
Idris Abdulkareem comes to mind too.

Many other naija musicians are fleeting illusions.
Re: Ten Worst Nigerian Celebrity Stage Names (Part 1) by oluwacjay: 12:00pm On Aug 20, 2012
grin Zule Zoo nko.

2 Likes

Re: Ten Worst Nigerian Celebrity Stage Names (Part 1) by emorse(m): 12:02pm On Aug 20, 2012
How about names like Original Stereoman, solid star(gaseous star nko), mighty mouse, pasuma? I like mode 9 though, sounds hi - tech. Like "activate mode 9". "mode 9 activated". Lol
Re: Ten Worst Nigerian Celebrity Stage Names (Part 1) by olabiz2010: 12:09pm On Aug 20, 2012
The pot calling the kettle black, you guyz should check your user name before you post any comment here because some user name on Nairaland are clueless, funny and 'unbearable'. Name like; Richfella(who is living in face me i face you), kayswag100(WTF?), ANY-PEN(to write what?), micoco(), SayHello(to who?)....if anyone of you should become a celeb tomorrow, i bet you will still use your Nairaland user name as your stage name..... Charity begins at home... Just saying tho' *wink*

3 Likes

Re: Ten Worst Nigerian Celebrity Stage Names (Part 1) by Nobody: 12:10pm On Aug 20, 2012
some people too dey drink panadol 4 other people matter.... dem don popular already N there's nothing u can do about it. dey dia dey run ur mouth, instead make u self go take name "like" BABAJ or MARUWA bcom celebrity make people know U u dey there dey condem.
Re: Ten Worst Nigerian Celebrity Stage Names (Part 1) by sexyglow(f): 12:23pm On Aug 20, 2012
I GO DIE & I GO SAVE (lol)
Re: Ten Worst Nigerian Celebrity Stage Names (Part 1) by solid3(m): 12:23pm On Aug 20, 2012
In my own opinion, Ciana is the sexiest name both on radio presentation and in music. She did this sweet song called "Waka Dey Go"
Re: Ten Worst Nigerian Celebrity Stage Names (Part 1) by Nobody: 12:25pm On Aug 20, 2012
@OP ur nland user name hv 2 b on d list too....
Re: Ten Worst Nigerian Celebrity Stage Names (Part 1) by Revolva(m): 12:37pm On Aug 20, 2012
@poster

You are a sadist and a mutherfucker looking for cheap attention ..you may have a sound mind in writing but doing the wrong thing ..how on earth do you say all the. Artist you mentioned staged name is worst..the one that suprized me is mode9 I see you are a myopic bastard - look around the world which hiphop artist ever had such a name - mode - 9 think deeply even in america theirs is d worst many of their artist have wack names- rick ross what is dat - a name stolen from a drug king pin , and you here sayin kc presh mode9 ice prince names are worst - ol boy dem don hammer you dey here dey worry about their names -
Re: Ten Worst Nigerian Celebrity Stage Names (Part 1) by feeljohnny(m): 12:37pm On Aug 20, 2012
....and what abt d use.less names on nairaland?
Re: Ten Worst Nigerian Celebrity Stage Names (Part 1) by Areaboy2(m): 12:43pm On Aug 20, 2012
Maybe we should start a thread about the most ridiculous names on Nairaland grin grin grin grin grin.

one noob called born2fck will surely win undecided
Re: Ten Worst Nigerian Celebrity Stage Names (Part 1) by Nobody: 12:48pm On Aug 20, 2012
completely ridiculous thread - they are ENTERTAINERS - so what do you have to say about names like limpbizkit, ice cube, pdiddy, puff daddy snoop doggy dogg, beastie boys, coolio, busta rhymes jay z etal?

if you have an issue with their names don't listen to their music. end of
Re: Ten Worst Nigerian Celebrity Stage Names (Part 1) by izeek(m): 12:48pm On Aug 20, 2012
If you must pick @ peeps and find fault with their names and all, why don' we start with yours?

WHat in the world does dejeffo stand for, is it english, yoruba or even latin?

Does it represent any situation or monument ur affiliate with?

I just don't seem to understand how we blacks reason and worship wat eva is western!

Explain to me how the names 50cent, bobby brown, jay-z, dr dre, wutang clan, marron five, or even the game wud sound more appealing than the afore listed names mentioned by you.

My advice is that you. Don't just subscribe to dumb names just because they r foreign.
Re: Ten Worst Nigerian Celebrity Stage Names (Part 1) by Nwoka(m): 12:48pm On Aug 20, 2012
DeJeffo: So here’s the thing about choosing a name for yourself when you decide on a career in music; you have to pick something witty like say… Royce Da 5’9, M.I, or even something Bold like Madonna, RuggedMan or Just keep it simple and stick with you real name like Omawunmi, R.Kelly, Dare, Ikechukwu etc.

Whatever you Choose sha, has to be ‘Cool’, Witty (if you’re wise like that), Unique, have a clear meaning and most importantly it has to blend with your Image as an artist (imagine if Michael Jackson called himself “Mister Shiny pants’).

Unfortunately when you’re still an up and coming act, you don’t have a team of PR/A&R people at your beck and call, ready to advise and direct your every career move.

So your options for picking a perfect Stage name may not be well advised.

Now bear In Mind I’m a huge fan of Naija Music and this List in no way is a reflection of the quality of Music they make -cos they do make Good music. So here I present to you what –In MY SUPREME opinion- are the worst Nigerian musician stage names in recent history:

10- KC PRESH

This one seems like the Laziest choice these dudes could come up with! Apparently they blended their individual names to form the one of the most characterless names ever. Even worse is how convenient it was to break apart their identities when the group split.

A good Group name is supposed to make the acts seem like one unique unit, Kinda like Destiny’s Child, Boyz II Men, Plantashun boiz, Wutang Clan etc.

9 – MODE 9

Yes! Yes! I know what you’re thinking, how dare I! Modenine is a great Lyricist, Naijas best Rapper….. blah blah blah. And you may very well be absolutely right!

But that doesn’t change the fact that this name has ridiculous origins and even worse makes no sense to the common, no-hip-hop-listening-to Nigerian on the street. What is a Mode 9? Wetin dat Wan mean? Is it some kind of Intergalactic, mystical Hardcore Puzzle that we feeble minded humans failed to unravel?

8 - ICE PRINCE

Dude is a very talented, can rap…. Can sing….. Can make Hit Music …can make silly hair styles trend etc. I admit I’m a Fan.

But I just can’t get past this name. When you put on your radio and hear a New Rapper hollering “2 CHAINZ!!” It’s no surprise when you see him in Videos and public appearances rocking two Diamond chains…abi? Or someone call himself Six Foot Plus and is actually that tall…right? Or a short dude calling himself Lil Wayne etc.

But this broda! I no Understand d guy sef! Ok obviously he’s not a Prince in the traditional sense, cos there are not that many in Naija sef, but then the ICE? I have never seen him rocking anything that can pass for Ice or Bling, or maybe he is talking about Ice Cubes …maybe He has a castle made of Ice where he is the Prince and has little droplets of ice as servants.

I once believed that he maybe had an ‘Ice-Cold Personality’ but then he started rocking skinny Jeans and that Theory went down the toilet!

A truly mind blowing Unsolved Mystery

7 - Baba Fryo

Ahhhh! This guy own dey obvious na… you don’t know? His First Son is named Fryo, so the only logical thing to do was to call himself Baba fryo…..10/10 Chikena!

And if you don’t know who Baba Fryo is, ask your Daddy!

6 - P-SQUARE

Their names are Peter and Paul, so naturally it seemed like a good Idea to call themselves P square.

However…since it’s obvious that they dodged Math class, somebody should have told them that the correct name should be P squared

In any case, that would have still been a silly name. I guess success can make anything seem cool

*I’ll end here for now and for several reasons; (A) I hate reading long articles and I don’t want to put anyone through that kind of Torture!

(B) I’m Lazy!

(C) I’m Lazy!

(D) I want to get some reader feedback before I publish the rest! ….. so wait for Part 2

[url=/p1WmnS-67]Worst Nigerian Celebrity Names[/url]
where is Azadus,Tony Tetuila,Danfo driver....
Re: Ten Worst Nigerian Celebrity Stage Names (Part 1) by shadrach77: 12:53pm On Aug 20, 2012
another ridicule one is wizkid - actuallly the original spelling has an 'h'. to be a whizkid you need to be a genius, an inventor - so what has he done to enable him call himself wizkid - and again, is a 22 year old man a "kid"? shocked shocked shocked

Then we have 9ice - the word nice already has an 'i' in it so the word '9ice' should not have an 'i' or else it becomes "nine-ice" and the number nine cannot replace the letter 'n' cause it's not pronounced nai but nain (ending with an 'n') The whole concept is wrong wink smiley smiley
Re: Ten Worst Nigerian Celebrity Stage Names (Part 1) by kayswag100(m): 12:55pm On Aug 20, 2012
olabiz2010: The pot calling the kettle black, you guyz should check your user name before you post any comment here because some user name on Nairaland are clueless, funny and 'unbearable'. Name like; Richfella(who is living in face me i face you), kayswag100(WTF?), ANY-PEN(to write what?), micoco(), SayHello(to who?)....if anyone of you should become a celeb tomorrow, i bet you will still use your Nairaland user name as your stage name..... Charity begins at home... Just saying tho' *wink*

...as if u can tell me was d hell OLABIZ(-YBODY)2010 means! Yeah, charity begins @ home indeed!

Btw, i m not a celeb and NO SINGLE SOUL knws who KAYSWAG100 is in real lyf!

Oponu!!!
Re: Ten Worst Nigerian Celebrity Stage Names (Part 1) by nikkyshyne(f): 12:55pm On Aug 20, 2012
Modenine or mode9 as the case may be was gotten from the calculator. He knows how to solve calculator issues. Those times you think your calculator is calculating rubbish. He helped a girl back then and she asked how he did it. He said something about mode 9 bla bla, since then his pals have been calling him mode 9. He decided to stick with the name.

I watched the interview.

1 Like

Re: Ten Worst Nigerian Celebrity Stage Names (Part 1) by kayswag100(m): 12:57pm On Aug 20, 2012
Nwoka: where is Azadus,Tony Tetuila,Danfo driver....
embarassed
Re: Ten Worst Nigerian Celebrity Stage Names (Part 1) by kayswag100(m): 1:00pm On Aug 20, 2012
Nwoka: where is Azadus,Tony Tetuila,Danfo driver....
embarassed tongue tongue tongue

oga, u nor sabi quote JUST A PART OF A LONG PIECE?
U r d one making using NL on mobile difficult. I had 2 scroll FOR 2WEEKS b4 i cld get to d end of dis post!
Re: Ten Worst Nigerian Celebrity Stage Names (Part 1) by frankcimc(m): 1:07pm On Aug 20, 2012
[quote]The pot calling the kettle black, you guyz should check your user name before you post any comment here because some user name on Nairaland are clueless, funny and 'unbearable'. Name like; Richfella(who is living in face me i face you), kayswag100(WTF?), ANY-PEN(to write what?), micoco(), SayHello(to who?)....if anyone of you should become a celeb tomorrow, i bet you will still use your Nairaland user name as your stage name..... Charity begins at home... Just saying tho' *wink*

Hahah Nairalanders una no go kill person oo. Trust me there are usernames here on NL wey suppose make that list bcs all na stage name Lol.
Re: Ten Worst Nigerian Celebrity Stage Names (Part 1) by safarigirl(f): 1:40pm On Aug 20, 2012
The ones I don't get are those who start with one name and then decide to have another, eg. Ikechukwu aka Killz, and Saucekid aka Sinzu, they should make up their minds, btw, Sinzu sounds like some kinda Shaolin warrior ish, or a name for a character on Tekken. What's up with Skales as a stage name? Does the dude have scales or is he good at scaling a fence? Brymo, Bracket, still don't understand those. Sound Sultan, Flavor, Eva, Blaize, Mo'Cheddah, Da GRIN...names with swag and sensible meaning.
Re: Ten Worst Nigerian Celebrity Stage Names (Part 1) by Lordave: 1:56pm On Aug 20, 2012
Area_boy: Maybe we should start a thread about the most ridiculous names on Nairaland grin grin grin grin grin.

one noob called born2fck will surely win undecided
so you haven't heard of BIGVAJINA?
Re: Ten Worst Nigerian Celebrity Stage Names (Part 1) by safarigirl(f): 1:59pm On Aug 20, 2012
izeek: If you must pick @ peeps and find fault with their names and all, why don' we start with yours?

WHat in the world does dejeffo stand for, is it english, yoruba or even latin?

Does it represent any situation or monument ur affiliate with?

I just don't seem to understand how we blacks reason and worship wat eva is western!

Explain to me how the names 50cent, bobby brown, jay-z, dr dre, wutang clan, marron five, or even the game wud sound more appealing than the afore listed names mentioned by you.

My advice is that you. Don't just subscribe to dumb names just because they r foreign.
Why can't you just type your own and move on? Why must you take the fun away? Or will the thread collapse if you don't post? You think Americans don't make fun of their own? Didn't you read people who defended the choice of some of these stage names? Are 50 Cent et al Nigerians? Wetin concern us with their stage name? Where did you see people praising them? Okay, you, tell me the meaning of 2face. Some of the westerners I know, eg Eminem= MnM, ie Marshall Mathers, his name, looking at Snoop Dogg, you need not wonder the origin of the name. Finally, it's the Personality that makes the name, not the other way around. Make una leave my Ice Prince, I definitely would not prefer him bearing Panshak Zamani.
Re: Ten Worst Nigerian Celebrity Stage Names (Part 1) by BrutusOj(m): 2:08pm On Aug 20, 2012
kayswag100: ehen! What of 2FACE or is it 2FACES?
Does it mean he dodged english class @ high skool too? Or does he simply mean '...my name is spelt/pronounced in pidgin english'

or does he mean 'Two-Faces' as in Hypocite?

Or even Two Baba as in '...father of two'

only times wld tell when he'd unravel d real meaning of his name!

Let me just allow 'FACE' abi na 'FAZE' im call him self rest!

...at least 'Black Face' really has a BLACK FACE'''
2FACE is a 'pigin english' name and he has said bfor dat he can be gud at one time and bad at anoda time wch is just like he is dynamic...
Re: Ten Worst Nigerian Celebrity Stage Names (Part 1) by Nobody: 2:15pm On Aug 20, 2012
Dotman01: @Op . . I totally disagree on modenine nine's part. . .
Its seems u dnt know what Nine means in hiphop culture. 'Nine' is a semi-automatic handgun designed
Parabellum. So when someone calls himself Mode Nine, it simply means 'someone is in a killing Mode or in a mode to kill or murder a song. Pls Whenever u want to give examples just leave out 'real hip hop acts'.
Abi u havent heard about. Killer mike? Bun b? Big boi (mind u he's not big)? Big K.R.I.T? yelawolf? Andre 3000? These are names gotten in the streets before going into full time music.
well said brov

1 Like

Re: Ten Worst Nigerian Celebrity Stage Names (Part 1) by Nobody: 2:17pm On Aug 20, 2012
olabiz2010: The pot calling the kettle black, you guyz should check your user name before you post any comment here because some user name on Nairaland are clueless, funny and 'unbearable'. Name like; Richfella(who is living in face me i face you), kayswag100(WTF?), ANY-PEN(to write what?), micoco(), SayHello(to who?)....if anyone of you should become a celeb tomorrow, i bet you will still use your Nairaland user name as your stage name..... Charity begins at home... Just saying tho' *wink*
LMAO, come no join my name 4 that list o. Na over-meaning dey worry am
Re: Ten Worst Nigerian Celebrity Stage Names (Part 1) by drake2(m): 2:25pm On Aug 20, 2012
oyb: completely ridiculous thread - they are ENTERTAINERS - so what do you have to say about names like limpbizkit, ice cube, pdiddy, puff daddy snoop doggy dogg, beastie boys, coolio, busta rhymes jay z etal?

if you have an issue with their names don't listen to their music. end of

limpbizkit? Glad u mention them, very good Rock band. Maybe we can shair songs if u are a Rock fan.
Re: Ten Worst Nigerian Celebrity Stage Names (Part 1) by BrutusOj(m): 2:39pm On Aug 20, 2012
safarigirl: The ones I don't get are those who start with one name and then decide to have another, eg. Ikechukwu aka Killz, and Saucekid aka Sinzu, they should make up their minds, btw, Sinzu sounds like some kinda Shaolin warrior ish, or a name for a character on Tekken. What's up with Skales as a stage name? Does the dude have scales or is he good at scaling a fence? Brymo, Bracket, still don't understand those. Sound Sultan, Flavor, Eva, Blaize, Mo'Cheddah, Da GRIN...names with swag and sensible meaning.
kai...some of u don't reason at all..SOUND SULTAN(SULTAN is like chief/Lord/King/...d name is just like d king of sound wch is in line wit what he knws how to do better,or u wana say dat he doesn't sing well?)Reason well my frend..
Re: Ten Worst Nigerian Celebrity Stage Names (Part 1) by kama1210: 2:44pm On Aug 20, 2012
check out good names like
Kama12:10.
Mecksy
Rexdon Mighty
Mr. K .

And at The other hand , even names here in nairaland eh, just check ur NL stage name, or is it ur ID.
Re: Ten Worst Nigerian Celebrity Stage Names (Part 1) by bknight: 2:53pm On Aug 20, 2012
Dotman01: @Op . . I totally disagree on modenine nine's part. . .

I see you!

shadrach77:

Then we have 9ice - the word nice already has an 'i' in it so the word '9ice' should not have an 'i' or else it becomes "nine-ice" and the number nine cannot replace the letter 'n' cause it's not pronounced nai but nain (ending with an 'n') The whole concept is wrong wink smiley smiley

That's how we reason westside of nigeria undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Actress Uche Iwuanyanwu's Traditional Wedding (Photos) / Tonto Dikeh: 'Obasanjo Is Not My Son's Grandfather, Stop The Lies' / Tonto Dikeh Attends Independence Day Celebration At Her Son’s School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.