Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Crazy Things Parents Use To Scare Their Children! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Crazy Things Parents Use To Scare Their Children! (810 Views)

Things Parents Should Never Say Around Kids / Things Parents Use To Scare Their Children! / Funny Things Parents' Do That Makes You Chuckle! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Crazy Things Parents Use To Scare Their Children! by Tolexander: 2:14am On Aug 20, 2012
Just woke up in the middle of the night and then remembered one of those things dad used in scaring me when i was young. We had a calendar then that had Jesus' image, dad told me that if i commit any evil at home when nobody is around, that is Jesus in the calendar watching everything i do. I used to be very scared that time to commit any sin cos dad said if Jesus sees me, he will throw me to the lake of fire immediately. There was this day when i saw fried fish on the table in the sitting room, it caught my eyes that i intended stealing but i was scared seein calendar Jesus watching me. That day i just summoned courage and said actually this fried fish was not supposed to be on the table in the sitting room that it was supposed to be in the kitchen. Then i moved it to the kitchen and balanced with it actually, there was no calendar jesus looking at me in the kitchen. I finished the fried fish that day. So my fellow nairalander, will be very glad to hear your own story also.
Re: Crazy Things Parents Use To Scare Their Children! by RoyalRoy(m): 9:09am On Aug 20, 2012
^^^^ very funny. Had similar experience. Had a big portrait of my dad in the living room. No matter where you stay in the living room, his eyes are fixed on you. (Don't know how the American photographer achieved this fit). It got to a stage we couldn't put on the T.V during our "homework" hours cos daddy was looking at us from the pix. It was so scary.

1 Like

Re: Crazy Things Parents Use To Scare Their Children! by Tolexander: 6:24pm On Aug 20, 2012
Royal Roy: ^^^^ very funny. Had similar experience. Had a big portrait of my dad in the living room. No matter where you stay in the living room, his eyes are fixed on you. (Don't know how the American photographer achieved this fit). It got to a stage we couldn't put on the T.V during our "homework" hours cos daddy was looking at us from the pix. It was so scary.
lol. But naw, am grown up and no more image intimidation

(1) (Reply)

Ladies, Who Would Marry? / Shout Out To All The Single Gals! / SHOCKER ! Rev Chris Okotie Has Decided Never To Re-marry Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.