Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,127 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

ITS ALL YOUR Fault:traditionalist Blames Societal Crimes On Islam & Christianity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ITS ALL YOUR Fault:traditionalist Blames Societal Crimes On Islam & Christianity (1808 Views)

Born Gay? It's Not Your Fault / Seun We Want A Pagan Traditionalist Mod On The Religious Section / Story of Cain And Abel Another Myth from Islam Christianity and other religions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ITS ALL YOUR Fault:traditionalist Blames Societal Crimes On Islam & Christianity by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:28pm On Aug 20, 2012
A traditional chief in Badagry Local Government Area in Lagos State, Possu Awarawuru, has identified the advent of foreign religions as a bane of the country’s social problems.
Mr. Awarawuruis is one of the seven White Cap Chiefs of Akran of Badagry, Wheno Aholu Menu Toyi 1.
Mr. Awarawuru made this known in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Saturday in Badagry during this year’s anniversary of the ancient town.
“Before the coming of Christianity and Islam, our fore-fathers worship in their traditions and the society was peaceful and crime-free,’’ he said at the festival with the theme “Reconnecting with the Root. ’’
He explained that before the coming of the two religions, Nigerians worship traditional religion and was guided by the values, morals and various injunctions, laid down by the divinities.
According to him, without the two religions, the society will be crime-free, since traditional religious worshipers don’t chase materialism.
“If you get to the prisons, Christians and Moslems are always there but you can hardly see an idol worshipper being imprisoned. ’’
He advocated for the return to African ways of worship, saying that worshippers of the various divinities including Ogun (God of Iron), Olokun (God of the River) and Sango (Thunder), always abide with the norms and injunctions of the deities.
Mr. Awarawuru, who is also the head of the Possukoh Quarters, urged followers of foreign religions to stop calling traditionalists idol worshippers.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/08/19/its-fault-idol-worshippers-blame-christians-muslims-nigerias-problems/

- Abagworo

[img]http://www.guardian.co.tt/sites/default/files/field/image/2_3.png[/img]

1 Like

Re: ITS ALL YOUR Fault:traditionalist Blames Societal Crimes On Islam & Christianity by Fulaman198(m): 5:01pm On Aug 20, 2012
Wow that's interesting, we would be criticized for posts like this.
Re: ITS ALL YOUR Fault:traditionalist Blames Societal Crimes On Islam & Christianity by Ptolomeus(m): 8:21pm On Aug 20, 2012
Arab and Christian, have said they came to Africa to "civilize savages" ...
After several centuries of political, cultural and religious:
THIS IS THE LEGACY THAT ARABS AND CHRISTIANS HAVE LEFT IN AFRICA.

Re: ITS ALL YOUR Fault:traditionalist Blames Societal Crimes On Islam & Christianity by Ptolomeus(m): 8:23pm On Aug 20, 2012
They can not blame this on Ogun, Sango, Osun or Iemojá ....
Africa did not have demons. Demons came with the colonizers ...

2 Likes

Re: ITS ALL YOUR Fault:traditionalist Blames Societal Crimes On Islam & Christianity by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:10am On Aug 21, 2012
Ptolomeus: They can not blame this on Ogun, Sango, Osun or Iemojá ....
Africa did not have demons. Demons came with the colonizers ...

hahaha well said! cheesy

1 Like

Re: ITS ALL YOUR Fault:traditionalist Blames Societal Crimes On Islam & Christianity by PastorAIO: 1:22pm On Aug 21, 2012
But it was before christianity and Islam that we were selling ourselves for peanuts into slavery. Trans atlantic slavery, and trans sahara slavery. Those slave traders were not christian or muslim. There were still wars in africa before christianity or Islam.

Brothers and Sisters, this matter is a lot deeper than superficially blaming any religion or mode of worship.

It is true though that traditional worshippers today are more law abiding and seem to live more moral lives than their christian and muslim counterparts. In fact for me when someone tells me that they are a born again christian I start to watch my back.
Re: ITS ALL YOUR Fault:traditionalist Blames Societal Crimes On Islam & Christianity by PastorAIO: 1:24pm On Aug 21, 2012
Re: ITS ALL YOUR Fault:traditionalist Blames Societal Crimes On Islam & Christianity by mkmyers45(m): 5:40pm On Aug 21, 2012
Pastor AIO: But it was before christianity and Islam that we were selling ourselves for peanuts into slavery. Trans atlantic slavery, and trans sahara slavery. Those slave traders were not christian or muslim. There were still wars in africa before christianity or Islam.

Brothers and Sisters, this matter is a lot deeper than superficially blaming any religion or mode of worship.

It is true though that traditional worshippers today are more law abiding and seem to live more moral lives than their christian and muslim counterparts. In fact for me when someone tells me that they are a born again christian I start to watch my back.
grin grin
Re: ITS ALL YOUR Fault:traditionalist Blames Societal Crimes On Islam & Christianity by Sweetnecta: 5:57pm On Aug 21, 2012
if the muslim leaders have been up to par in Islam and the muslim community as a whole had put their reputations against Islam, all would have stayed as muslims, and not as religious and tribal bigots you see them as now.
Re: ITS ALL YOUR Fault:traditionalist Blames Societal Crimes On Islam & Christianity by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:59pm On Aug 21, 2012
Pastor AIO: But it was before christianity and Islam that we were selling ourselves for peanuts into slavery. Trans atlantic slavery, and trans sahara slavery. Those slave traders were not christian or muslim. There were still wars in africa before christianity or Islam.

no but we Pagans will never have started slavery on such a grand-scale as you mentioned above. also our slaves were domestically sold and still retained their culture traditions, identity ,etc. ill-treatment, whipping, etc, starvation is all too extrememe. also they had a chance to return back to their people since it was on the same land.
Re: ITS ALL YOUR Fault:traditionalist Blames Societal Crimes On Islam & Christianity by Fulaman198(m): 9:34pm On Aug 21, 2012

Hmm very interesting
Re: ITS ALL YOUR Fault:traditionalist Blames Societal Crimes On Islam & Christianity by Fulaman198(m): 9:35pm On Aug 21, 2012
Pastor AIO:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnlffZ1mm80

I don't speak Yoruba, what was this video talking about?
Re: ITS ALL YOUR Fault:traditionalist Blames Societal Crimes On Islam & Christianity by PastorAIO: 10:16am On Aug 22, 2012
Fulaman198:

I don't speak Yoruba, what was this video talking about?

She goes on about a lot of things but the long and short of it is that Yoruba people should rediscover themselves. She talks against the loss of culture. She doesn't really say anything new but she says it very eloquently.

1 Like

Re: ITS ALL YOUR Fault:traditionalist Blames Societal Crimes On Islam & Christianity by Okijajuju1(m): 11:56am On Aug 22, 2012
The Chief has spoken with the wisdom that can only be given to someone by the gods..

Societal crimes we see today is as a result of foreign gods that have infilerated our lands and made the dieties of our forefathers outcast in the land that they once governed..

Like the Chief rightly said, back in the days, life was alot easier..

The one thing that popular religion has brought us is an all forgiving God which gives way for criminals to operate with the belief that the new GOD of the white man would forgive them.. It didnt use to be so.

I just visited my village a few months back and was told that the Kidnappings, killings and robberies in the land got so bad that the King and Chiefs brought in over 100 alusi's into the village and put it around the village with an instruction to kill whoever kills, steals or kidnaps anybody..

The truth is that todays society is one in which the Gods have been rendered powerless hence evil is allowed to roam freely.

2 Likes

Re: ITS ALL YOUR Fault:traditionalist Blames Societal Crimes On Islam & Christianity by Fulaman198(m): 5:10pm On Aug 22, 2012
Pastor AIO:

She goes on about a lot of things but the long and short of it is that Yoruba people should rediscover themselves. She talks against the loss of culture. She doesn't really say anything new but she says it very eloquently.

Wow thanks for the explanation kind sir.

Okija_juju: The Chief has spoken with the wisdom that can only be given to someone by the gods..

Societal crimes we see today is as a result of foreign gods that have infilerated our lands and made the dieties of our forefathers outcast in the land that they once governed..

Like the Chief rightly said, back in the days, life was alot easier..

The one thing that popular religion has brought us is an all forgiving God which gives way for criminals to operate with the belief that the new GOD of the white man would forgive them.. It didnt use to be so.

I just visited my village a few months back and was told that the Kidnappings, killings and robberies in the land got so bad that the King and Chiefs brought in over 100 alusi's into the village and put it around the village with an instruction to kill whoever kills, steals or kidnaps anybody..

The truth is that todays society is one in which the Gods have been rendered powerless hence evil is allowed to roam freely.

Very interesting Okija Juju
Re: ITS ALL YOUR Fault:traditionalist Blames Societal Crimes On Islam & Christianity by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:28pm On Aug 22, 2012
Okija_juju:

spot on Okija! cool

(1) (Reply)

Conspiracy Theory!! The Other Meaning Of LOL / Christianity Encourages Bestiality (bleeping Animals) / Imagine There's No Heaven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.