Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,693 members, 7,823,948 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

Story of Cain And Abel Another Myth from Islam Christianity and other religions - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Story of Cain And Abel Another Myth from Islam Christianity and other religions (7301 Views)

Women In Islam, Christianity And Judaism / ITS ALL YOUR Fault:traditionalist Blames Societal Crimes On Islam & Christianity / what (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Story of Cain And Abel Another Myth from Islam Christianity and other religions by Chrisbenogor(m): 8:28pm On Sep 07, 2008
We all know the story of cain and abel, it was the first murder recorded in the bible. The bible never and I say never states why God prefers Abel so here are the questions.
1. Why did God prefer Abel's offering?
2. How could cain have wrapped his mind around the concept of murder?
3. What was the mark of cain, and why did God have to put a mark on since there were no other people on the earth.
4. Cain goes ahead to marry, where did she come from?
5. Why did God even protect Cain if it was a murder?
Christian and Islamic Apologists get your thinking caps on because I say this story was just a myth what do you think.
Re: Story of Cain And Abel Another Myth from Islam Christianity and other religions by mazaje(m): 10:49pm On Sep 07, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

We all know the story of cain and abel, it was the first murder recorded in the bible. The bible never and I say never states why God prefers Abel so here are the questions.
1. Why did God prefer Abel's offering?
2. How could cain have wrapped his mind around the concept of murder?
3. What was the mark of cain, and why did God have to put a mark on since there were no other people on the earth.
4. Cain goes ahead to marry, where did she come from?
5. Why did God even protect Cain if it was a murder?
Christian and Islamic Apologists get your thinking caps on because I say this story was just a myth what do you think.

o boi you don by market ohh. you go hear all soughts of explanations from people here that if the bother to answer you. some people go even post as if them dey there sef when the things dey happen all in trying to prove the fable and myth. . . . . . .
Re: Story of Cain And Abel Another Myth from Islam Christianity and other religions by Nobody: 11:39pm On Sep 07, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

I think you are free to believe its all a myth.
Re: Story of Cain And Abel Another Myth from Islam Christianity and other religions by JIL(m): 12:19am On Sep 08, 2008
Cain and Abel another myth? No one alive can answer that question because they weren't there when it happened. However, we will find out on judgement day- when it will be to late to repent. Be patient my friend, that day will come sooner than you expect.
Re: Story of Cain And Abel Another Myth from Islam Christianity and other religions by mazaje(m): 12:27am On Sep 08, 2008
JIL:

Cain and Abel another myth? No one alive can answer that question because they weren't there when it happened. However, we will find out on judgement day- when it will be to late to repent. Be patient my friend, that day will come sooner than you expect.

What if it comes and you discover that allah is the creator of the heaven and the earth and that mohammed is his last messenger? what will you do then?. . . . . . . . . .
Re: Story of Cain And Abel Another Myth from Islam Christianity and other religions by Nobody: 1:01am On Sep 08, 2008
mazaje:

What if it comes and you discover that allah is the creator of the heaven and the earth and that mohammed is his last messenger? what will you do then?. . . . . . . . . .

Nothing. Every choice has its consequence.
Re: Story of Cain And Abel Another Myth from Islam Christianity and other religions by mazaje(m): 1:31am On Sep 08, 2008
davidylan:

Nothing. Every choice has its consequence.

You will burn in hell forever. . . . . .
Re: Story of Cain And Abel Another Myth from Islam Christianity and other religions by Morenike3(f): 1:32am On Sep 08, 2008
mazaje:

I rebuke that in Jesus name shocked
Re: Story of Cain And Abel Another Myth from Islam Christianity and other religions by Nobody: 1:35am On Sep 08, 2008
mazaje:

which one?
According to my scriptures, i'm already a blessed partaker of God's eternal kingdom . . . of course you dont have to believe it exists.
Re: Story of Cain And Abel Another Myth from Islam Christianity and other religions by mazaje(m): 1:36am On Sep 08, 2008
*Morenike:

I rebuke that in Jesus name shocked
rebuke what? Allah? prove to me that allah is not god. . . . . . . .
Re: Story of Cain And Abel Another Myth from Islam Christianity and other religions by Morenike3(f): 1:39am On Sep 08, 2008
mazaje:

You believe that Allah is God, does not mean I have to share the same believe.
Re: Story of Cain And Abel Another Myth from Islam Christianity and other religions by Nobody: 1:47am On Sep 08, 2008
mazaje:

no one has to prove anything. Dont bother with any God. He doesnt exist no?
Re: Story of Cain And Abel Another Myth from Islam Christianity and other religions by bettes(f): 1:49am On Sep 08, 2008
mazaje:

[color=#990000][/color]

Morenike was rebuking your curse not Allah,personally i think you need special deliverance i can recomend some good churches to you.
Re: Story of Cain And Abel Another Myth from Islam Christianity and other religions by mazaje(m): 3:43am On Sep 08, 2008
bettes:

[color=#990000][/color]

Morenike was rebuking your curse not Allah,personally i think you need special deliverance i can recomend some good churches to you.

Pls do. . . . . . . . . . . . .
Re: Story of Cain And Abel Another Myth from Islam Christianity and other religions by Chrisbenogor(m): 7:25am On Sep 08, 2008
@daviddylan Common you can do better than that just pitch in on what you think, I resigned from warfare just to hear your thoughts.
They are so many schools of thought about what happened and I know you believe that man was already in existence so that should answer that about the people he was scared of, so how about you pitch in on the rest.
If there are any muslim brothers in da house feel free to let your thoughts flow too.
Cheers.
Re: Story of Cain And Abel Another Myth from Islam Christianity and other religions by Chrisbenogor(m): 10:34am On Sep 08, 2008
Ok let me add a little bit more info, from the christian bible
1 Adam knew his wife Eve intimately, and she conceived and gave birth to Cain. She said, "I have had a male child with the LORD's help."2 Then she also gave birth to his brother Abel. Now Abel became a shepherd of a flock, but Cain cultivated the land. 3 In the course of time Cain presented some of the land's produce as an offering to the LORD. 4 And Abel also presented [an offering]- some of the firstborn of his flock and their fat portions. The Lord had regard for Abel and his offering, 5 but He did not have regard for Cain and his offering. Cain was furious, and he was downcast. 6 Then the LORD said to Cain, "Why are you furious? And why are you downcast? 7 If you do right, won't you be accepted? But if you do not do right, sin is crouching at the door. Its desire is for you, but you must master it." 8 Cain said to his brother Abel, "Let's go out to the field."And while they were in the field, isCain attacked his brother Abel and killed him.
So tell me what Cain did wrong??
History shows that the story might have Origins from the story of the great war between shepherds and farmers in Sumaria and it was documented on clay, stories with the same similarity have been found in Egypt before the year Moses was born and remember it was he who supposedly wrote the first five books. (Muslim)

But recite unto them with truth the tale of the two sons of Adam, how they offered each a sacrifice, and it was accepted from the one of them and it was not accepted from the other. (The one) said: I will surely kill thee. (The other) answered: Allahaccepteth only from those who ward off (evil). Even if thou stretch out thy hand against me to kill me, I shall not stretch out my hand against thee to kill thee, lo! I fear Allah, the Lord of the Worlds. Lo! I would rather thou shouldst bear the punishment of the sin against me and thine own sin and become one of the owners of the fire. That is the reward of evil-doers. But (the other's) mind imposed on him the killing of his brother, so he slew him and became one of the losers. Then Allah sent a ravenscratching up the ground, to show him how to hide his brother's naked corpse. He said: Woe unto me! Am I not able to be as this raven and so hide my brother's naked corpse? And he became repentant.
- 5:27-31
Now as we can see the muslim version is even more vague, Cain didnt even know that he had to bury Abel how did he know what murder was? Beats me guys. Again how did abel know that to kill was wrong? And it also fails to say why it was accepted.
Re: Story of Cain And Abel Another Myth from Islam Christianity and other religions by Chrisbenogor(m): 10:45am On Sep 08, 2008
Next what was Cain's motive for killing abel it was not explicitly stated anywhere in the Quaran.
Re: Story of Cain And Abel Another Myth from Islam Christianity and other religions by Nobody: 4:42pm On Sep 08, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

@daviddylan Common you can do better than that just pitch in on what you think, I resigned from warfare just to hear your thoughts.
They are so many schools of thought about what happened and I know you believe that man was already in existence so that should answer that about the people he was scared of, so how about you pitch in on the rest.
If there are any muslim brothers in da house feel free to let your thoughts flow too.
Cheers.

You called it a myth.

Joshua 24:15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; . . . but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

To serve the Lord is not by force. End of story.
Re: Story of Cain And Abel Another Myth from Islam Christianity and other religions by mazaje(m): 4:59pm On Sep 08, 2008
davidylan:

You called it a myth.

Joshua 24:15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; . . . but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

To serve the Lord is not by force. End of story.

But the same joshua ( and so many other prophets in the bible)and the god which he served killed unbelievers just because they were unbelievers. . . . . . . . . . . . . serving the hebrew god used to be by force in the old testament. . . . . . now it isnt. . . . becuse humanity has changed and so did the hebrew god. . . . . . . .
Re: Story of Cain And Abel Another Myth from Islam Christianity and other religions by Chrisbenogor(m): 5:50pm On Sep 08, 2008
@david
I called it a myth but thats my own opinion not yours and I certainly do not want to change yours just to know where you stand, this is not about serving the lord dude its just an opinion but seems you are already on the defensive so I'll let you be.
Re: Story of Cain And Abel Another Myth from Islam Christianity and other religions by Nobody: 7:58pm On Sep 08, 2008
mazaje:

But the same joshua ( and so many other prophets in the bible)and the god which he served killed unbelievers just because they were unbelievers. . . . . . . . . . . . . serving the hebrew god used to be by force in the old testament. . . . . . now it isnt. . . . becuse humanity has changed and so did the hebrew god. . . . . . . .

Pls substantiate this allegation.

Chrisbenogor:

@david
I called it a myth but thats my own opinion not yours and I certainly do not want to change yours just to know where you stand, this is not about serving the lord dude its just an opinion but seems you are already on the defensive so I'll let you be.

You dont need to know where i stand. We are all entitled to independent opinions.
I'm not on any defensive, i just dont give unserious individuals like you the benefit of my time.
Re: Story of Cain And Abel Another Myth from Islam Christianity and other religions by Chrisbenogor(m): 8:07pm On Sep 08, 2008
@david Gee didn't know this was beef man, you know I think you get the thrill out of attacking and being attacked, I thought I could have a civil debate with your turns out that you can't even stop name calling.
Re: Story of Cain And Abel Another Myth from Islam Christianity and other religions by Nobody: 8:12pm On Sep 08, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

@david Gee didn't know this was beef nuff said.

Beef for what? If a 2 yr old asked you to let him have bones to crack would you give him or tell him to wait till he's older?
Re: Story of Cain And Abel Another Myth from Islam Christianity and other religions by Nobody: 8:13pm On Sep 08, 2008
why are you inordinately interested in a book you have called a myth?
Re: Story of Cain And Abel Another Myth from Islam Christianity and other religions by mazaje(m): 8:15pm On Sep 08, 2008
davidylan:

Please substantiate this allegation.

God sends his lions out again to kill a group of people who were new to Samaria. The reason for this atrocity is their lack of worship, even though they were never informed of the proper worship methods (2 Kings 17:24-26). However, this supposedly significant detail didn’t halt God from killing them. He had to have known that he would eventually murder this party, but instead of properly instructing them, God just kills them. There’s not even a miniscule resemblance of justice in the Hebrew god. there are many more. . . . . . . . . . . .
Re: Story of Cain And Abel Another Myth from Islam Christianity and other religions by Chrisbenogor(m): 8:20pm On Sep 08, 2008
@david dude chillax no worries when i started the thread I am sure I did not put your name for a reply but you did reply you can just bow out dawg. Like I said I am not out for warfare which you are obviously turning this to because its your specialty I am not going to stoop low and start calling you names unlike you I believe I can learn from everyone I meet.
Re: Story of Cain And Abel Another Myth from Islam Christianity and other religions by Nobody: 8:24pm On Sep 08, 2008
mazaje:

God sends his lions out again to kill a group of people who were new to Samaria. The reason for this atrocity is their lack of worship, even though they were never informed of the proper worship methods (2 Kings 17:24-26). However, this supposedly significant detail didn’t halt God from killing them. He had to have known that he would eventually murder this party, but instead of properly instructing them, God just kills them. There’s not even a miniscule resemblance of justice in the Hebrew god. there are many more. . . . . . . . . . . .

Dude, dishonesty seems to be your watchword. Read that passage very well, the land of Samaria belonged to the Jews who were taken captive by the Assyrians. However the Assyrian King brought Babylonians to forcefully dispossess the Jews and take over Samaria . . .

and, behold, they slay them, because they know not the manner of the God of the land.

God had every right to slay sinners who came to displace the jews in Samaria.

Now did God go to Babylon and just slay them for not following him?
Re: Story of Cain And Abel Another Myth from Islam Christianity and other religions by Nobody: 8:25pm On Sep 08, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

@david dude chillax no worries when i started the thread I am sure I did not put your name for a reply but you did reply you can just bow out dawg. Like I said I am not out for warfare which you are obviously turning this to because its your specialty I am not going to stoop low and start calling you names unlike you I believe I can learn from everyone I meet.

I am not turning anything to a warfare. It seems you have a predetermined shape you want this thread to go but you're crying because no one is interested in responding to the nonsense you people pose as questions.

Are you sad because this isnt turning into a "bash the bible" thread as usual? grin
Re: Story of Cain And Abel Another Myth from Islam Christianity and other religions by Chrisbenogor(m): 8:25pm On Sep 08, 2008
And read the post again it said the story was the myth.
Re: Story of Cain And Abel Another Myth from Islam Christianity and other religions by Nobody: 8:26pm On Sep 08, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

And read the post again it said the story was the myth.

then why forcing everyone else to give their opinion? cheesy Does it sound logical to you? If you know its a myth why asking the question? Did anyone force you to believe it before they give you dinner?
Re: Story of Cain And Abel Another Myth from Islam Christianity and other religions by Chrisbenogor(m): 8:37pm On Sep 08, 2008
Dude I asked questions and came up with a premise that it was a myth not a theory or a law and left it open for others to say what they think about the questions and give their own premise if you are not happy with the way it is then split its that simple.
Re: Story of Cain And Abel Another Myth from Islam Christianity and other religions by mazaje(m): 8:39pm On Sep 08, 2008
davidylan:

Dude, dishonesty seems to be your watchword. Read that passage very well, the land of Samaria belonged to the Jews who were taken captive by the Assyrians. However the Assyrian King brought Babylonians to forcefully dispossess the Jews and take over Samaria . . .

and, behold, they slay them, because they know not the manner of the God of the land.

God had every right to slay sinners who came to displace the jews in Samaria.

Now did God go to Babylon and just slay them for not following him?

you said salvation is not by force and i pointed verses to show you that in the old testament it used to be by force its either you worship the hebrew god and keep his commandedments or he kills you, the hebrew god killed people because of their unbelief. . . . . . .  so the hebrew god has every right to kill people who came to displace sinners abi. . . . .  why doesnt he send lions on we the athiest for displacing his people now?. . . . . . .

here is another sensless killing from the hebrew god of people just because they do not worship him . . . . . . god will kill children and unborn fetuses because their parents worship other gods (Hosea 13:16). more to come. . . . . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Notable Converts To Christianity From Islam / Saved To Save Others; Preach With Anything And Everything / When Last Did You Say The Hail Mary As A Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.