Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,651 members, 7,820,261 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

How Staff Friendly Is Your Bank? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Staff Friendly Is Your Bank? (4566 Views)

Police Teargas Nigerdock Staff Over Protest Of Unpaid Salaries (Pics) / Alhaji Dangote: Please Come To The Aid Of Your Staff Members In DISC, Osogbo. / NCAA Sacks 187 Staff Over Employment Irregularities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Staff Friendly Is Your Bank? by hammers(m): 10:40am On Dec 28, 2007
how staff friendly is your bank?
i happen to find myself in a bank where i just have to accept things as they come.
human resourse policies are made with little or no consideration for staff .For example- to get staff loan in my bank depends on how connected you are .out of station allowance is extremely poor. i heard it was last reviewed 5 years ago. i do not want to say much.i don't know if this is the case in other banks.
Please i'd love you to share your experiences with me.
My bank uses purple colour as its identity
Re: How Staff Friendly Is Your Bank? by hollandis(f): 11:38am On Dec 28, 2007
hammers:

how staff friendly is your bank?
My bank uses purple colour as its identity

wema bank grin

me i no get bank o.I dey save money for inside kalo kalo
Re: How Staff Friendly Is Your Bank? by olufash: 2:25pm On Dec 28, 2007
NA EITHER WEMA OR FIRST BANK
]
Re: How Staff Friendly Is Your Bank? by micklplus(m): 2:26pm On Dec 28, 2007
Nice topic to have here !
Well, my bank is very alright in terms of staff welfare and how friendly my bank is to the staff. I have a very sensitive bank that would go extra miles to sort  issues as they relate to staff ! my bank believes that, Human resources is the back bone of organisation and adequate care on the part of the staff would further ensure loyalty of the staff. And ofcourse, theres a room for improvementsssss. As a matter of fact, we are expecting pay increase !!!

God bless me
God bless naija.
God bless my bank
Re: How Staff Friendly Is Your Bank? by Don1DeMaco: 2:32pm On Dec 28, 2007
be careful what makes u happy
i hope ur own case no go worse pass those wey dey zenith with this pay rise wey them dey give una
u sure say them don think am well b4 them promise u the money
no come 4 Feb dey complain say ur boss don turn ur salary to something else ooo LMAO
Re: How Staff Friendly Is Your Bank? by clareomiz(f): 2:48pm On Dec 28, 2007
@ micklplus,
Really would love to know your kind of bank! any clue? Succeed!
Re: How Staff Friendly Is Your Bank? by micklplus(m): 3:59pm On Dec 28, 2007
Don1DeMaco:

be careful what makes u happy
i hope your own case no go worse pass those wey dey zenith with this pay rise wey them dey give una
u sure say them don think am well before them promise u the money
no come 4 Feb dey complain say your boss don turn your salary to something else ooo LMAO

U are very funny but the truth is, my bank has the most ethical standard in the banking industry !!! Our case is not going to be like zenith for real. Everything has been structured out ! We dont embark on pay increase every two months oooooooooo. We are not even the higest paying bank in the industry and infact, my boss cant even access my salary not to talk of checking my balance !! We have high regards for our staff and thats the truth !

clareomiz:

@ micklplus,
Really would love to know your kind of bank! any clue? Succeed!

Ours is a bank that uses various strategic approach to banking ! we captured nigeria and africa market already, we are only on a journey to capture the market on a global level.

cheers
Re: How Staff Friendly Is Your Bank? by ROBEN(m): 4:35pm On Dec 28, 2007
MICKPLUS
ARE YOU HIDING YOUR BANK FROM BEING IDENTIFIED? IF YOU ARE PROUD OF YOUR BANK AS YOU MAKE US BELIEVE,YOU WONT HESITATE BUT ANNOUNCE IT TO NAIRALANDERS.
Re: How Staff Friendly Is Your Bank? by menix(m): 4:37pm On Dec 28, 2007
Hmmmmm, Savanah bank
Re: How Staff Friendly Is Your Bank? by micklplus(m): 5:03pm On Dec 28, 2007
menix:

Hmmmmm, Savanah bank

U are so funny ! savannah bank no dey again bro !!!

ROBEN:

MICKPLUS
ARE YOU HIDING YOUR BANK FROM BEING IDENTIFIED? IF YOU ARE PROUD OF YOUR BANK AS YOU MAKE US BELIEVE,YOU WONT HESITATE BUT ANNOUNCE IT TO NAIRALANDERS.

when u think investment, u thinK I B T C
cheers
Re: How Staff Friendly Is Your Bank? by tommyex(m): 5:21pm On Dec 28, 2007
Girls international bank grin

seriously
Skye bank seems cool,intercontinental in my hood aint nice.I guess it depends on the branch n location too.
Re: How Staff Friendly Is Your Bank? by Tobiegal(f): 5:29pm On Dec 28, 2007
Hey al,

Wel,abt ma Bank! okay, its jst dere realy, i must say, friendlines is quiet relative when it comes 2 ma Bank.

Every individual has a responsiblity to ensure dat d best in friendliness is achieved.

Concerning HR, wel, nuthing serious, dey r jst dere.

And gues wot?

We jst got a pay-raise!!! grin
Re: How Staff Friendly Is Your Bank? by niceuzor: 9:18pm On Dec 28, 2007
How many banks in Nigeria do have friendly staffs ? undecided none i guess.
Re: How Staff Friendly Is Your Bank? by olulu(m): 10:48pm On Dec 28, 2007
olu fash:

NA EITHER WEMA OR FIRST BANK
]

u wanna get ur ass whooped. cool
check d list of old banks, and tell me if first bank is still not a force to reckon with cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How Staff Friendly Is Your Bank? by topkin(m): 10:58pm On Dec 28, 2007
I don't work in a bank but heard bout IBTC and GTBank being both customer-centric and staff-centric. wink
Re: How Staff Friendly Is Your Bank? by afroasian(m): 9:37am On Dec 29, 2007
Im quite pissed at Nigerian Banks and their staff.

they have this 'air', this kind of "we are doing you a favor attitude", and rather than giving you simple courtesy, I don't know whether its intentional or just that these peeps are not just right for their jobs.

I was told sometime ago that 'Customer Service' is non existent in Nigeria. How true.
Re: How Staff Friendly Is Your Bank? by komfortojo(f): 11:40am On Dec 29, 2007
In my bank, we are experiencing peace, its a place like home.
A trial will convince you.
Re: How Staff Friendly Is Your Bank? by MP007(m): 1:56pm On Dec 29, 2007
very friendly when they accept cash for deposit/ savings, frown at you when u are withdrawing cash or cashing check,
Re: How Staff Friendly Is Your Bank? by lynxnoon(m): 11:55pm On Dec 29, 2007
Haba y any1 neva yab UBA or d worst of all, 1st bank?
tho i bank wit dem its like i dont have a choice
I tink i'll rate GTB as 1 of d top 3 as per staff friendly
Re: How Staff Friendly Is Your Bank? by babasin(m): 10:48am On Dec 30, 2007
ERASTUS AKINGBOLA, Inter-Continental Bank MD Bizarre AMENDMENT TO POLICY ON DEPOSIT MOBILIZATION

Last View on Sun 30th December, 2007
Last Modified on Sat 29th December, 2007 12:45:18 am
Author: Posted by Admin Letters

om: Akingbola Erastus
Sent: Thu 12/27/2007 9:34 AM
To: All Intercontinental Bank Employees
Cc: Executive Management
Subject: AMENDMENT TO POLICY ON DEPOSIT MOBILIZATION

TO: ALL STAFF

SUBJECT: AMMENDMENT TO POLICY ON DEPOSIT MOBILIZATION

DATE: 24RD DECEMBER, 2007

A review of the total deposit position of the Bank month on month reveals that the Bank is running short of its planned monthly deposit target.

The negative variance in our deposit position is attributed to the fact that staff are not marketing our various deposit liability products and thus not meeting their targets. In addition, some account officers do not exert proper relationship management skills with their customers. As such, most accounts under their management do not witness any activity for months and some become dormant after six (6) months.

To engender a consistent and sustainable growth in our bank wide deposit position, the following will now apply effective January 2, 2007:

v For every month that staff (service or marketing ) does not achieve up to 60% of monthly deposit target, staff will be debited as follows:

1st Month: N5, 000.00 (marketer); N2, 500.00(service staff)

2nd Month N10, 000.00 ,, ; N5, 000.00 ,,

3rd Month N15, 000.00 ,, ; N7, 500.00 ,,

Thereafter, staff will be sent on suspension.

v Any non-borrowing current account that records no activity in a month, the account officer(marketing officer) will be debited N1, 000.00 (One Thousand naira only) per a/c

v If the a/c is not tagged to an a/c officer, the Branch head / GE will be debited as appropriate

v For Dormant accounts the following will apply: Marketing officer that allows an a/c being managed by him/her to go dormant will be debited N10, 000.00 (Ten Thousand naira only) monthly until the account is re-activated.

v If the a/c is not tagged to an a/c officer, the Branch head / GE will be debited as appropriate, except in cases where it is proven beyond reasonable doubt that the customer cannot be remarketed.e.g Death, relocation etc.

v For regions where more than 50% of staff are sanctioned on deposit related matters, the RBEs will each be debited N10, 000.00 (Ten Thousand naira only) monthly.

v After the 3 rd month, the RCEs will be debited N20, 000.00 (Twenty Thousand naira only).

Please be guided

ERASTUS B. O. AKINGBOLA
Re: How Staff Friendly Is Your Bank? by vaadol: 7:15pm On Dec 30, 2007
ERASTUS AKINGBOLA, Inter-Continental Bank MD Bizarre AMENDMENT TO POLICY ON DEPOSIT MOBILIZATION

Last View on Sun 30th December, 2007
Last Modified on Sat 29th December, 2007 12:45:18 am
Author: Posted by Admin Letters

om: Akingbola Erastus
Sent: Thu 12/27/2007 9:34 AM
To: All Intercontinental Bank Employees
Cc: Executive Management
Subject: AMENDMENT TO POLICY ON DEPOSIT MOBILIZATION

TO: ALL STAFF

SUBJECT: AMMENDMENT TO POLICY ON DEPOSIT MOBILIZATION

DATE: 24RD DECEMBER, 2007

A review of the total deposit position of the Bank month on month reveals that the Bank is running short of its planned monthly deposit target.

The negative variance in our deposit position is attributed to the fact that staff are not marketing our various deposit liability products and thus not meeting their targets. In addition, some account officers do not exert proper relationship management skills with their customers. As such, most accounts under their management do not witness any activity for months and some become dormant after six (6) months.

To engender a consistent and sustainable growth in our bank wide deposit position, the following will now apply effective January 2, 2007:

v For every month that staff (service or marketing ) does not achieve up to 60% of monthly deposit target, staff will be debited as follows:

1st Month: N5, 000.00 (marketer); N2, 500.00(service staff)

2nd Month N10, 000.00 ,, ; N5, 000.00 ,,

3rd Month N15, 000.00 ,, ; N7, 500.00 ,,

Thereafter, staff will be sent on suspension.

v Any non-borrowing current account that records no activity in a month, the account officer(marketing officer) will be debited N1, 000.00 (One Thousand naira only) per a/c

v If the a/c is not tagged to an a/c officer, the Branch head / GE will be debited as appropriate

v For Dormant accounts the following will apply: Marketing officer that allows an a/c being managed by him/her to go dormant will be debited N10, 000.00 (Ten Thousand naira only) monthly until the account is re-activated.

v If the a/c is not tagged to an a/c officer, the Branch head / GE will be debited as appropriate, except in cases where it is proven beyond reasonable doubt that the customer cannot be remarketed.e.g Death, relocation etc.

v For regions where more than 50% of staff are sanctioned on deposit related matters, the RBEs will each be debited N10, 000.00 (Ten Thousand naira only) monthly.

v After the 3 rd month, the RCEs will be debited N20, 000.00 (Twenty Thousand naira only).

Please be guided

ERASTUS B. O. AKINGBOLA

heya
Re: How Staff Friendly Is Your Bank? by monstah(m): 9:19pm On Dec 30, 2007
If by being 'friendly' u mean disrespectful,mean,irritating,frustrated and irritable, my bank's up there!

truly the second!!!
Re: How Staff Friendly Is Your Bank? by scorpio1(m): 11:41pm On Dec 30, 2007
, Good, Better, Bank Phb, [/color]

, The customer friendliness at BankPhb Bode thomas is something i look forward to constantly, from the 2 Beautiful, s**y n Wonderful CSU's at the front table--([color=#000099]Tutu & Kemi
smiley), to the youthful guy behind the counter,,,they are really good, and their color combination really does something to me, !!!
[sub][/sub]I've kinda stopped running my account with UBA and Oceanic Bank, they dealt with me in such a way that if it were in the states,i'll go to court to sue for damages,
Re: How Staff Friendly Is Your Bank? by Carlosein(m): 5:44pm On Dec 31, 2007
scorpio1:

, Good, Better, Bank Phb, [/color]

, The customer friendliness at BankPhb Bode thomas is something i look forward to constantly, from the 2 Beautiful, s**y n Wonderful CSU's at the front table--([color=#000099]Tutu & Kemi
smiley), to the youthful guy behind the counter,,,they are really good, and their color combination really does something to me, !!!
[sub][/sub]I've kind of stopped running my account with UBA and Oceanic Bank, they dealt with me in such a way that if it were in the states,i'll go to court to sue for damages,

my brother sorry, that UBA, God only knows why they call it a bank lipsrsealed
Re: How Staff Friendly Is Your Bank? by afroasian(m): 12:17pm On Jan 01, 2008
I have an account with UBA, from Standard Trust bank - actually should be called (Standing Trust bank), coz you never find anywhere to sit down and the queue is always hell. I have to use it just to make things easy for sending money to ma sister etc - only that reason anyway, but the service is CRAP.

@babasin

na wah o, if your post about Erastus Akingbola is true, the man should be arrested. Such an action goes against fundamental human rights and logical reasoning.

so what am I to do if the customer leaves his account dormant? my salary will be deducted if the customer isnt depositing in his own account?

and what incentives do these banks offer clients to deposit their money's anyway.

In a Nigerian bank, to deposit is no problem. But if you want to withdraw, na halala. At the end of the day, these bank heads cooperate with nigeria's looters to transfer dubious currencies around the world.
Re: How Staff Friendly Is Your Bank? by yimiton(f): 4:37pm On Jan 02, 2008
Yes, I agree with afroasian, I use UBA too from STB and their customer service is very poor. Check out the branch on Akin Adeshola, the ladies in the bulk room always behave as if they are doing you a favour, it takes them for ever to count your money and the way they keep saying, 'verify the account number' leaves more than enough respect to be desired.

I still bank with them because they caught me young! Credit to STB, they came to camp while I was still serving and encouraged us to open accounts with them. Ever since then, I've remained with them.
Re: How Staff Friendly Is Your Bank? by akinnaija(m): 1:42am On Jan 03, 2008
UBA is the worst bank I have ever seen, just bhind the humiliation I received from GTB registrar office in Anthony(be warned there is plenty trouble behind those IPOs), spent more than 3 hours trying to get signature verification. Do these staff actually get trained to attend to people? Once they get a handfull of individuals in their office they start misbahaving and tag it pressure. What do you want the guy working on the rig do when crude is pumping out or should the crane operator do when the heavy chains are fast apprpoaching , the truth is we all have issues at our various working place. Professionalism demands that you treat people to the best of your abilities especially in cases where you had begged them to invest.

Well so far that was all about GTB Registrar.

I am bold to announce that UBA is the worst of them all!!  I was in about three branches of UBA banks around Ojuelegba area and my problem stay unresolved and right now considering going to the UBA HQ @ Marina.
Could these people just improved their services and forget about giving the people hope (as promised in RED Ovation carol). If your account has not got N1Billion you do be treated like a number. Hope is for those who have stolen enough to be their pretigious customers. For young shall grow like us, the lady at the customer desk will just treat like a tramp.
I did not mean to tell stories but I had a bad experience with UBA, am still going through the nightmare, if anyone is willing to change my ompression of the bank I wont mind any assistance.

I had given the share certificate I bought to my stockbroker for transfer to my cscs account, in that process, she was told signature irregular and that I require a banker's confirmation.
so I had to come down to Lagos to do that, thank God for the hols, I was at the first branch , the lady gave an excuse that the signatory was not around, went to the next one around ojuelegba too, he was willing to help but his printer was bad. Asked me to visit the western avenue branch just by the bridge, there I got enough harassment from this pre-teen like girl highly supported by her BOM, even as had as the BM tries to help, she is making sure that my request for Banker's confirmation will take 2weeks. I started this procedure since 31st Dec 2007 and she told me she is expecting a go ahead from Calabar where the account was opened. I have given her my utility bills of my parents house, showed her my international passport. The BM has asked her to process it but she just wants to frustrate me.
Does anybody know who can help me.
I am suppose to resume work tomorrow in PH but I need to resolve this case today.
I bank with these guys and I also bought their shares, naa my offence be that oo. , ok I think the proper offence is that I opened a current account in Calabar, operated for about 4 years and I go around naija at will.

Please can anyone help me ask the banks what is the essence of IT, when they have to give phone numbers that will not go through and send mails that will not be replied in two days, what is the essence of claiming online banking?

I need answers before  I lose my brains, am a certified IT pro.

I told my stockbroker , I want to go to UBA HQ,  and she said how much stocks do I have that I want to go and make case, that it is kobokobo stocks and that I am not important to the system.
Re: How Staff Friendly Is Your Bank? by mashaun(m): 7:54am On Jan 03, 2008
UBA is the worst.

anyway it depends on the particular branch that you transact with.
UNILAG branch : guys there are doing good,but there is this teller that is very rude.she does know the better way to attend to customer on the counter.everybody now wonders who gave the Branch manager the idea of transfering the girl to custoemr services to make her attitude worst.
but GT is the best
Re: How Staff Friendly Is Your Bank? by yimiton(f): 8:24am On Jan 03, 2008
Could the author of this thread make a poll for the worst custormer friendly bank in Nigeria please?
This one is actually 'Staff Friendly' but I'll like to vote UBA as the worst customer friendly bank in Nigeria.
Re: How Staff Friendly Is Your Bank? by pinkkie(f): 12:15pm On Jan 03, 2008
nice one.but i guess u guys should come and experience peace with oceanic bank.we are the best in evrthing. a trial will convince u
Re: How Staff Friendly Is Your Bank? by hammers(m): 1:17pm On Jan 03, 2008
Thanks guys. I really appreciate your contributions but many of the respondents deviated from the original topic. I'll love you guys to take a closer look at the topic.

It says- how friendly is the management of your bank towards its staff, cheesy

Thanks

[color=#770077][/color]
Re: How Staff Friendly Is Your Bank? by dove22(f): 2:06pm On Jan 03, 2008
nobody seems to be talking about DIAMOND BANK.They are good too,or what do u guys think?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jobs City / Delta To Ban Nursing Mothers From Bringing Babies To Office / Heritage Banking Company Website Finally Up!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.