Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,063 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:31 AM

Views About Msc In Project Management? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Views About Msc In Project Management? (4545 Views)

will Msc In Norway university make you get job faster in Nigeria / Msc In Petroleum Engineering. / Masters In Project Management At Unilag Or Pmp Certified? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Views About Msc In Project Management? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Apr 12, 2011
Hello guys,

I need your honest opinion about going to study for an Msc in Proj. Mgt.

I applied for a different course, but the school is offering me Msc in Proj. Mgt after viewing my CV.

What do you think? Is it a waste of time and resources when you can get a Prince 2 Cert. in one week?

My other option is Msc in management.

Thanks
Re: Views About Msc In Project Management? by marjo: 9:53am On Apr 13, 2011
Hello, what is your first degree in and what is nature of your work experience. this will enable us advise you better.

If i have to advise without having the above needed info, i would suggest you do an MSC in something else and then get a Prince 2 certification ( not the two week type but the full one).

From my line of work i have seen that people prefer persons with specific qualifications e.g engineering, architecture, etc with a PM certification to back it up.

Cheerio
Re: Views About Msc In Project Management? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Apr 13, 2011
Hello,

Thanks for your response.

First degree in Geology but my work experience has been mostly working as a Project Support staff/Administrator on Enginering Design Projects
Re: Views About Msc In Project Management? by pluto04(m): 11:47pm On Apr 13, 2011
aysometin:

Hello,

Thanks for your response.

First degree in Geology but my work experience has been mostly working as a Project Support staff/Administrator on Enginering Design Projects

M.Sc in Project Management is an absolute waste of resources! PRINCE2 and PMP have more value. An M.Sc in Engineering Design + PRINCE2/PMP might be more useful in your current career track (assuming you'll like to stay in the same)/ If you must choose (I don't believe you have to choose since its your money and you need to get good value for it) between M.Sc in Management and M.Sc in Project Management, M.Sc in Management will be preferred. On a final note if one school can't offer you what you want, you need to look for one that will.
Re: Views About Msc In Project Management? by marjo: 12:42pm On Apr 14, 2011
pluto04 is t
pluto04:

M.Sc in Project Management is an absolute waste of resources! PRINCE2 and PMP have more value. An M.Sc in Engineering Design + PRINCE2/PMP might be more useful in your current career track (assuming you'll like to stay in the same)/ If you must choose (I don't believe you have to choose since its your money and you need to get good value for it) between M.Sc in Management and M.Sc in Project Management, M.Sc in Management will be preferred. On a final note if one school can't offer you what you want, you need to look for one that will.
ot

i completely concur. this is why i wanted more details on your first degree and/or work experience.
Re: Views About Msc In Project Management? by jaybee3(m): 12:44pm On Apr 14, 2011
@ OP
U've got mail
Re: Views About Msc In Project Management? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Apr 14, 2011
Thanks guys

(1) (Reply)

5-technology Based Skills You Can Learn In 5days And Start Earning Good Income. / Nnpc Is Recruiting / What Are The Posible Job Opportunities For A Person Who Studied Microbiology.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.