Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,783 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

Cynthia Osokogu Was Killed By Her FaceBook Friends - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Cynthia Osokogu Was Killed By Her FaceBook Friends (36503 Views)

Cynthia Osokogu Was Chained & Strangled To Death / The Faces Of Cynthia Osokogu’s Alleged Murderers / Missing Cynthia Osokogu's Corpse Found In Lagos Mortuary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cynthia Osokogu Was Killed By Her FaceBook Friends by MMM2(m): 4:50pm On Aug 22, 2012
Rip
Re: Cynthia Osokogu Was Killed By Her FaceBook Friends by ghanaschools: 5:00pm On Aug 22, 2012
Bullshit story and waste of time. Even a nursery 1 criminal psychologist would know that druging her, strangling and then robbing her makes the motive of this murder story a fantasy story. I believe in suggestions.
Re: Cynthia Osokogu Was Killed By Her FaceBook Friends by adonisgold: 5:01pm On Aug 22, 2012
chuzyemx:
Guess u have problem wit common sense of readin n understandin
grin[quote author=chuzyemx]
Hahahaha
Re: Cynthia Osokogu Was Killed By Her FaceBook Friends by chidooh1: 5:27pm On Aug 22, 2012
facebook, eskimi, badoo, bbm...social media have over-wised a lot of girls, meeting a stranger is always dangerous especially for girls. During casual chatting only just to kill time, i know how many girls that have dropped sensitive info and even begged to come and spend time or weekend. Forget about business
trips and proposals, 98% of girls embark on this tour just for fun and f**k. Ladies, try to get sense and be yourself stop cheating your boyfriend, stop lying,i know you girls like fun but apply sense when you want to hang-out. Tell your friends about it, confide in somebody when making such steps. R.I.P cynthia you wouldn't have kept secret of where you were going.
Re: Cynthia Osokogu Was Killed By Her FaceBook Friends by Heymus(m): 6:02pm On Aug 22, 2012
This is quite sad! RIP. girl.
Re: Cynthia Osokogu Was Killed By Her FaceBook Friends by tpia5: 6:30pm On Aug 22, 2012
onila:

shes on facebook. .facebook search her

i did check her fb page. . . . . . .
Re: Cynthia Osokogu Was Killed By Her FaceBook Friends by tpia5: 6:32pm On Aug 22, 2012
Series22: Names of her killers are:
Ayodele Akande
Taye Salami
David Abayomi
Jerimaih Abayomi
Abdulrazaq Deji
Abiodun Lawal

where did you get this list?
Re: Cynthia Osokogu Was Killed By Her FaceBook Friends by phadat(m): 6:41pm On Aug 22, 2012
What a wicked world RIP
Re: Cynthia Osokogu Was Killed By Her FaceBook Friends by Nobody: 6:50pm On Aug 22, 2012
[quote author=Rhino.5dm] scary as this news is, I can confidently tell you that most girls in Nigeria are in no way better than this lady. They'll be quick to meet you up at any location without any previous acquaintance.

The unbelievable part is that they are willing to jump into car and travel to any city to meet a complete stranger. These girls don't even want to know whether you are married or not. Just recharge their BIS and send them 20k with a flight ticket, the deal is sealed.

Need we say More?
Re: Cynthia Osokogu Was Killed By Her FaceBook Friends by joerux60: 7:27pm On Aug 22, 2012
pro01:

That is all there is to it. I can't believe how credulous most people are. Since when did the Nigerian police (or media for that matter) suddenly become so trustworthy? This entire story is nonsensical, sorry to say.

How can a hardened criminal answer the phone of a lady he just killed? Even if he did, how did the police trace the phone call to the exact house they where in Festac? Is that how sophisticated our Police force has suddenly become? Why and how did the hotel employees simply take the dead girl's body to a mortuary - without informing the police beforehand as is the standard practice? What is the name of the hotel? There are just too many loopholes here, and I understand why the family would want to present this 'clean' version of events in order to save their pride.

I only hope that the police wouldn't frame-up innocent people for the murder and coerce them into making false confessional statements; we all know that is what the Nigerian Police knows how to do best. I wouldn't be surprised if this girl's death has nothing to do with facebook to begin with.

may her soul RIP.
cellphones are programmed exactly in the same way as car satellite trekkers.
as long as your phone is switched on and it has network, the network providers
can always pinpoint your exact location.
Re: Cynthia Osokogu Was Killed By Her FaceBook Friends by naptu2: 7:28pm On Aug 22, 2012
The story continues here (with names and picture of the suspects) https://www.nairaland.com/1025841/how-killed-cynthia-osukogu-suspects
Re: Cynthia Osokogu Was Killed By Her FaceBook Friends by 76Naira(m): 8:06pm On Aug 22, 2012
Ayodele Akande
Taye Salami
David Abayomi
Jerimaih Abayomi
Abdulrazaq Deji
Abiodun Lawal

Please where did you get this list above?
Are the actual names not Echezona Nwabufor, 33 and Ezekiel Nnechuwu Olisa Eloka, 23?

You need to be careful with whatever your motives are. To generate an all Yoruba list for a crime committed by two Ibo boys is not only annoying, but also disrespectful. Unless there is something you know that the police doesn't.

From a truthful and respectful Ibo.

1 Like

Re: Cynthia Osokogu Was Killed By Her FaceBook Friends by andyanders: 8:53pm On Aug 22, 2012
Babzilla:
Mr. 'Cynthia's advocate'. Maybe if she had refused to see them they would have dragged her all the way from Nassarawa and strangled her in Lagos eh?

You said the truth. I am sorry for what happened to her but she is to be blamed 100%. You do not meet strangers on internet, strike a deal or whatever and Innocently follow them to an hotel for business without telling your parents or arranging for security. If they told her that they had cloths/goods to sell, why not ask them to send it to you on confirmation that you love it, you pay.
She must have foolishly fallen head on with their antiques by having to develop love as Nigerians do as they must shown to her through facebook chat. From the kind of family she came from, she supposed to be more security conscious than her actions. Though nobody knew what transpired as she is not alive to tell her own side of the story.
This is to warn Ladies here to be careful the way they meet strangers online.
I saved a friend of mine who met a lady online and to my greatest surprise, he said that the lady is beautiful, single and no child from her facebook. It was when he showed me the lady, that I realized that the lady lives next building to my house and do runs and had a 7yr old kid and her father is a spiritualist. When I showed the guy their place, the guy ran back and never contacted the girl again.

1 Like

Re: Cynthia Osokogu Was Killed By Her FaceBook Friends by Modelling(f): 10:08pm On Aug 22, 2012
BoboYekini: horrible. but something's still not right. if she trusted the suspects enough to fly all the from nassarawa to Lagos(I'm even assuming she had millions in cash on her), why would they have to kill her to get the money?. i mean, the hard part is getting her to show, right? string her along and she'll drop over n over,
and, a girl that's willing to go straight from the airport to a hotel room, you shouldn't have to drug her to get jiggy. and if they did, why then kill her?when you can be easily caught. the payoff just doesn't seem worth it. i know its very possible the story is 'as is'. there are people that wicked.
but I'd hate to cast aspersions on the character/judgment of the poor girl. something. is just off about the whole story. its too....generic. like, 'just give them a story- bare bones'.
My dear dat's just what i was wondering, she really deserve some punishments for takin such step but den why d killing? Probably 2 avoid her reporting them.
Re: Cynthia Osokogu Was Killed By Her FaceBook Friends by Modelling(f): 10:21pm On Aug 22, 2012
Ayodele Akande
Taye Salami
David Abayomi
Jerimaih Abayomi
Abdulrazaq Deji
Abiodun Lawal
Sure?
Re: Cynthia Osokogu Was Killed By Her FaceBook Friends by Ownfag(m): 11:05pm On Aug 22, 2012
So sad.. RIP beautiful Cynthia.
Re: Cynthia Osokogu Was Killed By Her FaceBook Friends by adigunomomama(m): 12:51am On Aug 23, 2012
Just check her facebook wall (Cynthia Valerine Osokogu) now and see tha RIP mssgs her frends wrote dere, mahn....so so painful, May her soul rest in perfect peace. This shuld be a big lesson to you garls,
Calabar - Lagos
PHC - Lagos
Abuja - Lagos

All just for a guy u met on internet. Hmmmm!!!!

Re: Cynthia Osokogu Was Killed By Her FaceBook Friends by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 4:19am On Aug 23, 2012
Those animals should be given public execution. Worst than a common thief, if possible their family and village wiped off the map. sick! sick! sick!

RIP Cynthia

1 Like

Re: Cynthia Osokogu Was Killed By Her FaceBook Friends by Ranoscky(m): 5:14am On Aug 23, 2012
I HATE Facebook!
Re: Cynthia Osokogu Was Killed By Her FaceBook Friends by Abudom(m): 5:16am On Aug 23, 2012
[quote author=Ranoscky]I HATE Facebook why cos i like it
Re: Cynthia Osokogu Was Killed By Her FaceBook Friends by mightiersa: 6:17am On Aug 23, 2012
Godjone: And my kinsman David Mark issue a warning d oda day abt d use of social media wen foolish and myopic coments flows uncontrollably 4rm dis forum. With this, i here by declair that facebook shud be banned 4rm operating in 9ja airwaves. Dis kiling is calous, wicked, sacriligious and a total disregard 4 d sanctity of human lyf

I totally disagree wt u that facebook shld be banned.
In case u don't knw, facebook as incorporation has a monitoring system that will automatically suspend user for sending frnd request to people he/she doesnt have any connection wt; either mutual frnd, same sch, same city etc.
In the case of cynthia, she made alot of mistakes. In fact, her case would safe so many others frm heart-shaking event like that.

LET'S BE CAREFUL AND WATCHFUL. Humans ar wicked... And the funny thing is that; u cannt knw their tots toward u.

Wọ́n fẹ̀jẹ̀ dúdú sínú tutọ́ funfun jáde.
Re: Cynthia Osokogu Was Killed By Her FaceBook Friends by Heymus(m): 6:44am On Aug 23, 2012
mightiersa:

In case u don't knw, facebook as incorporation has a monitoring system that will automatically suspend user for sending frnd request to people he/she doesnt have any connection wt; either mutual frnd, same sch, same city etc.
In the case of cynthia, she made alot of mistakes. In fact, her case would safe so many others frm heart-shaking event like that.

LET'S BE CAREFUL AND WATCHFUL. Humans ar wicked... And the funny thing is that; u cannt knw their tots toward u.

mightiersa:

mightiersa:

Even with too much of friends one is exposing his/herself to so many dangers expecially those ones you do not know. Just saw that Cynthia had over a thousand of friends on facebook, may God save us from evils. Once again RIP cynthia.
Re: Cynthia Osokogu Was Killed By Her FaceBook Friends by Heymus(m): 6:45am On Aug 23, 2012
mightiersa:

mightiersa:

mightiersa:

Even with too much of friends one is exposing his/herself to so many dangers expecially those ones you do not know. Just saw that Cynthia had over a thousand of friends on facebook, may God save us from evils. Once again RIP cynthia.
Re: Cynthia Osokogu Was Killed By Her FaceBook Friends by Adez83: 6:48am On Aug 23, 2012
The Name Of Those Murder Criminal Ard Echezona Nwabufor
(aged 33) and Ezekiel
Nnechuwu Olisa
Eloka (aged 23)
Re: Cynthia Osokogu Was Killed By Her FaceBook Friends by geogeous(f): 7:31am On Aug 23, 2012
This is so disheartening. Some of us are naturally too-trusting. Guess there s no place for trust uh!
Re: Cynthia Osokogu Was Killed By Her FaceBook Friends by khaleesi(f): 11:04am On Aug 23, 2012
For all those people who are judging this girl without considering the fact that sometimes things happen.. I guess you live your life in constant fear. Cos life is about trust and risk and friends. How do you knw that the pastor who made u give ur life to God is not molesting ur little daughter..or the neighbour who smiles so sweetly and always offer to help is not waiting for the perfect opportuinity to rape u..or the stranger u met, the one who look so innocent and talk so fluently who assures u he has a biz proposal for u will turn out to be a murderer? You dont know.. Thats the truth.
Pple this story is not about meeting strangers on social media.. But its about the betrayal of trust and the wickedness of the heart of men.
They said they didnt mean to kill her but things went wrong.. When i 1st saw this post i was tempted to condemn this girl's action and judge her too.. Then i tot of my own experiences and i paused.. Let me share some of this experience with you
when i was little, say 14 yrs my elder brother sent me to give something to his dear friend.. When i got to the guy's house he invited me in...and i trustingly went in..the moment i stepped in, it became a battle not to get raped.. I struggled and even got bruised before i finally escaped.. ( now i tink.. what if something had gone wrong and in cause of the struggle i died? Pple would ve been saying..wat is a lil girl like dat doing in a guy's house and my bro will try explaining he sent me there...and they will probably say 'hes just trying to cover up for his sister'..
After that incident.. 2 yrs later we moved to a new location.. I made some newfriends there.. There was this guy who stayed on our street..when i meet him outside, we will chat and he will make me laugh so much..we became good friends and after so many weeks of asking me to come visit him..i decided to, i didnt tell anyone..afterall am going to see a friend who even live on same street..wat can happen to me? We were in his sitting room, gisting and watching movies..when i noticed his countenance was changing..feeling uncomfortable i decided to leave..he blocked my way and i started struggling with him..he beat the living daylight of me..dragged me to his room.. I fought with him..almost escaped only to get to the gate and find out it was locked..he dragged me bak into the room..his friend was in the sitting room and ignored my cries...i screamed my lungs out and no help was coming.. And with body sored all over, face scratched..tears on my face,i smelled death.. Too weak i couldnt fight no more..all i could do at that moment was pray..i stopped fighting and started pleading with him and praying in my mind..he was this close to penetrating when he stopped.. I dont knw why and he didnt knw why either..he told me he has raped several girls but dont knw why he cant go on with me now.. Some days later, him and 3 of his friends raped a soldier's daughter..she was bold enough to tell her pple and he was arrested.. (now i tink...considering the beating he gave me that day, if things have gone wrong and i died, you all will be saying a girl already prostituting at this tender age..wat was she doing in his house? Forgetting that there re days wen u go to visit a seemingly harmless neighbour or friend)
after that incident i became extra careful with neighbours and friends.. And 5 years later i found out u cant be too careful.. I was at the studio to work on my songs.. When i met this guy recording his songs.. We started talking and he said he has a business proposal for me, we should see and discuss it.. Of course i agreed.. This is life, u meet pple evryday..u do biz wt strangers.. So we met somedays later..i was expeting an open place..a restaurant or bar..but he took me to his place instead.. I was double minded..do i scream in the car and tell him am not going to his place?..he will probably tink am paranoid.. And if hes dangerous..him and his friend in the car can easily overpower me and things could get messy from there..i decided to be calm.. We got to his place..and he played different songs he has recorded, for me to listen to.. Showed me the song he wanted us to do together..i felt relax..like what the hell was i worried about in the 1st place..u really are paranoid i told myself.. Time flew by pretty fast and then it was time to leave..he refused to let me leave..said theres no way am leaving without him, having sex with me..i can scream if i want but no help will come..he can even kill me here and noone will knw.. Game was on..from my experience with this pple u stay calm..u dont let them see ur fear..they feed on it..u dnt struggle with them either.. So i kept making him talk..asking him questions..told him calmly,the only way he can rape me is after am dead..while he was talking i dialled my roomie nos on his phone(i had previously told her am going to meet someone i met at the studio)..i hurriedly told her whr i was and that this is the guy nos..i was fast to get the info to her..before he rushd the fone from me..he was mad..i stayed calm.. Now hes scared..since i wasnt struggling or screaming, he had no opportunity to beat me up..and he doesnt knw hw to start the rape..wen the victim is acting so calm.. I survived that day..i was finally able to talk him into letting me go ( now i tink...if i didnt ve this experience of dealing wt such pple, if i wasnt lucky to dial my roomie nos on his fone, whc also helped..and if i wasnt overall fortunate...sometin terrible could ve happend..and noone will believe i only met him to discuss a biz deal and didnt knw what i was getting into) since when did it become a crime to trust pple?.. If u want to blame somebody..blame the someone who betrayd that trust.. I know she should ve told someone whr she was going but wat make u tink she didnt tell someone she was going to lagos to get things for her boutique? The story said thats why she wanted to come to lagos in the 1st place..and meeting the guys was like killing two birds with one stone. She was just unfortunate, but its no reason for anyone to call her names.. Everyone slip at one stage or another in life.. Some just got lucky and others don't. sometimes u trust pple in life u shudnt trust.. U trust them because u want to believe the world is a beautiful place and there are good pple in it (am guilty of this)..too bad u realise it isnt..sometimes u realise this early..sometimes u only do when its too late..
If Festac is a place for prostitution so? Do u think its everyone that knows that?.. I dont stay in Lagos and i never knew that till now. Its a dangerous world out there and sometimes in a flash u act without thinking and before u knw what, u re in deep shit.. So give the girl a break please.. May her soul rest in peace

3 Likes

Re: Cynthia Osokogu Was Killed By Her FaceBook Friends by oceanicking: 11:51am On Aug 23, 2012
What a petty Exit,R.I.P.
Re: Cynthia Osokogu Was Killed By Her FaceBook Friends by Dee60: 12:01pm On Aug 23, 2012
Khaleesi,

Your story is quite interesting and its a lesson for many. Who knows how many are molested on a daily basis and of course would not seek justice because of lack of faith in our judicial system? Now we get to hear about Cynthia because our media would like to talk about what happened to a 'GENERAL's DAUGHTER'!

I wish you can publish your story in the papers and in several social media channels.

As it is, you really cannot stop people from meeting people in social media. It will be stupid to think so. In fact, you meet different people every day. The people you meet, either personally or via social media can add or delete value from you. Pray that you only meet people that will add value to you and pray to discern evil people so you can keep your distance.

As much as possible, do not meet people on social media unless you are able to pick one or two clues about who they are. Dont go to meet complete strangers unless in open public places! Dont go alone if you need to go. YOu must always tell someone where you are going to.

1 Like

Re: Cynthia Osokogu Was Killed By Her FaceBook Friends by Dee60: 12:04pm On Aug 23, 2012
NAIRALAND - some one is publishing fake names trying to deceive readers. I guess his objective is that he would not want believe to see that the killers are from his state! Please check.
Re: Cynthia Osokogu Was Killed By Her FaceBook Friends by Dee60: 12:09pm On Aug 23, 2012
Females are generally more vulnerable. They over-trust people who tell them the right words they want to hear and who make promises to them! Blame these evil guys who take advantage of women. THERE ARE MANY OF THEM OUT THERE! There are CEO, HR Managers, Governors, top politicians among them. They even steal our money to lavish gifts on their vulnerable victims!

A good and strong judicial system will help to check abuse on women!

1 Like

Re: Cynthia Osokogu Was Killed By Her FaceBook Friends by khaleesi(f): 12:52pm On Aug 23, 2012
Dee60

you are very correct.. Females are more vulnerable..we trust easily.. Get carried away with sweet words and nice smiles. The rate at which females both young and old are being abused in this country is nothing to write home about..
you think u cant fall victim to a stranger on fb, what about the pastor, the boss, the neighbour, the father's friend, etc..
Even if this girl had told someone where she was going..the deed would ve still be done..only differences is that it would ve been easier to track where she was killed and who killed her
if she had gone with someone, both of them could ve been drugged and the deed would ve still be done
she could ve met these guys earlier on in an open place and build a trust relationship with them...then when the opportunity present itself they will reveal their trueselves..and the deed would ve still be done
Anyhow we look at it, it will be wise to take precaution before meeting strangers, but while at it, pray to meet the right people

1 Like

Re: Cynthia Osokogu Was Killed By Her FaceBook Friends by Regina06(f): 2:52pm On Aug 23, 2012
Dis world is so wicked, may her soul RIP.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

MTN Mast Thieves Caught In Enugu State & Beaten (Pictures) / Residents Flee Community As Robbers Write About Impending “Christmas Visit" / 16-Year-Old Boy Breaks Into A Shop, Steals Laptop, Phones & Panties In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.