Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

PDP: Lagos Speaker, Gbajabiamila Should Resign Not Okupe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP: Lagos Speaker, Gbajabiamila Should Resign Not Okupe (873 Views)

It Is Nigeria Chief Judge That Should Resign Not Buhari / PDP's Lagos Rally Dwarfs APC's Mega Rally In Lagos [ compare photos] / Massive Crowd Inflow At PDP Lagos Rally [photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP: Lagos Speaker, Gbajabiamila Should Resign Not Okupe by Olanlere11: 7:22am On Aug 22, 2012
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the South-West has insisted that the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) should first ask the Speaker of Lagos State House of Assembly, Mr. Adeyemi Ikuforiji and the House of Representatives Minority Leader, Mr. Femi Gbajabiamila to resign before the party can be taken seriously on its stand on corruption.
The PDP said it was ridiculous that the ACN could claim that Ikuforiji, cannot be asked to resign while at the same clamouring for the sack of Dr. Doyin Okupe, senior special assistant to President Goodluck Jonathan over yet-to-be substantiated report of his investigation by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) over alleged contract scam.
PDP Zonal Publicity Secretary, Hon. Kayode Babade said in a statement issued in Ibadan today, that if anyone must be sacked or asked to resign from office, they are the Lagos Speaker, and the ACN Leader in the House of Representatives.
The PDP said; “While we will not defend anyone for committing crime, but we must state that we will no longer sit back and allow these gang of hypocrites in the ACN to harass, blackmail or intimidate our members. “With the zeal and vigour they have been approaching this issue of Dr Okupe, it is obvious that there are more to it than meet the eyes and what we can conclude is that some people are afraid of the man Dr Doyin Okupe and are out to distract him. The PDP said what has the former Benue State Governor, Senator George Akume, who is now the ACN Leader in the senate done since 2007 that he left office on the alleged contract scam involving Dr. Okupe? Saying his raising the matter now puts a lot of question marks on the claim.
Re: PDP: Lagos Speaker, Gbajabiamila Should Resign Not Okupe by jerusalem101: 10:54am On Aug 22, 2012
Since they are not PDP members(Gbajabiamila and the Lagos State speaker) their fraudulent acts is acceptable.Is only PDP members that are corrupt,but we have suddenly forgotten that George Akume a former PDP member(now ACN) ran to Senate inorder to prevent EFCC from knocking on his door to come and give account of his stewardship as the Governor of benue state..... Please let put party interest behind us and do the right thing,,,before ACN should ask PDP members to vacate office as a result of fraudulent act(s),ACN should first get rid of all the thieves in it camp,most of them that ran from PDP to ACN simply because they could not achieve their aim in PDP,in the likes of Dino Melaye and the rest and PDP should also make her ways straight........Enough of all these tricks by self-centered/inconsistent politicians whether in PDP or in opposition without any ideology than to amass wealth/riches to themselves through public offices,,haba!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: PDP: Lagos Speaker, Gbajabiamila Should Resign Not Okupe by geogina1234(m): 11:48am On Aug 22, 2012
o boy you forgot this picture

Re: PDP: Lagos Speaker, Gbajabiamila Should Resign Not Okupe by PointB: 12:09pm On Aug 22, 2012
Olanlere11: The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the South-West has insisted that the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) should first ask the Speaker of Lagos State House of Assembly, Mr. Adeyemi Ikuforiji and the House of Representatives Minority Leader, Mr. Femi Gbajabiamila to resign before the party can be taken seriously on its stand on corruption.
The PDP said it was ridiculous that the ACN could claim that Ikuforiji, cannot be asked to resign while at the same clamouring for the sack of Dr. Doyin Okupe, senior special assistant to President Goodluck Jonathan over yet-to-be substantiated report of his investigation by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) over alleged contract scam.
PDP Zonal Publicity Secretary, Hon. Kayode Babade said in a statement issued in Ibadan today, that if anyone must be sacked or asked to resign from office, they are the Lagos Speaker, and the ACN Leader in the House of Representatives.
The PDP said; “While we will not defend anyone for committing crime, but we must state that we will no longer sit back and allow these gang of hypocrites in the ACN to harass, blackmail or intimidate our members. “With the zeal and vigour they have been approaching this issue of Dr Okupe, it is obvious that there are more to it than meet the eyes and what we can conclude is that some people are afraid of the man Dr Doyin Okupe and are out to distract him. The PDP said what has the former Benue State Governor, Senator George Akume, who is now the ACN Leader in the senate done since 2007 that he left office on the alleged contract scam involving Dr. Okupe? Saying his raising the matter now puts a lot of question marks on the claim.

That's a reasonable demand. In addition, Tinubu should also resign on the weight of his past criminality!
He who come to equity must come with clean hands.
Re: PDP: Lagos Speaker, Gbajabiamila Should Resign Not Okupe by Cyprealo: 12:38pm On Aug 22, 2012
Party war in progress. Both parties are trying to shield corruption by protecting their "Own". If both parties are committed to the eradication of corruption, they should sack both culprits and subject them to prosecution, rather than playing this hide and seek game
Re: PDP: Lagos Speaker, Gbajabiamila Should Resign Not Okupe by Eziachi: 11:03pm On Aug 22, 2012
Re: PDP: Lagos Speaker, Gbajabiamila Should Resign Not Okupe by sbeezy8: 11:13pm On Aug 22, 2012
both should resign
Re: PDP: Lagos Speaker, Gbajabiamila Should Resign Not Okupe by Eziachi: 11:15pm On Aug 22, 2012
So they now barter and compares their criminals? grin

ACN: Okupe must go, he is a criminal.

PDP: He is going nowhere, your criminals are bigger criminals than our criminals.

ACN: How can you say that when one of your grand criminal,s Bode George just came out of Kirikiri and our grand Tinubu, only warmed the court bench?

PDP: Okay, let me think, I knew you must have some criminals hiding in your cupboard.

ACN: While your messing your brain thinking, I will give you another name-Ibori.

PDP: Damn! I didn't see that one coming. OK! What about Atiku? He was your member. OBJ indicted him!

ACN: You fool! Atiku was only a member of AC and not ACN.

PDP: And whats the difference?

ACN: AC is a reincarnation of AG, UP and AC, which means, strictly western as it always comes with 2 alphabets, its now strictly Nigerian i.e 3 alphabets, moreover, Atiku has returned to where he belonged.

PDP: And where does he belong?

ACN: To the den of criminals and killers-PDP

PDP: You are not going to win this argument, I am sending for Okupe and Abati. Reno Omokri is already on his way.

ACN: Alright then! Lai Mohammed will be my backup in that case.

1 Like

Re: PDP: Lagos Speaker, Gbajabiamila Should Resign Not Okupe by Cyprealo: 12:04pm On Aug 23, 2012
@Eziachi, good one, they are playing on our intelligence
Re: PDP: Lagos Speaker, Gbajabiamila Should Resign Not Okupe by Eziachi: 9:14pm On Aug 23, 2012
Cyprealo: @Eziachi, good one, they are playing on our intelligence
They are really indeed courtesy of Nigerians that allowed them.
Re: PDP: Lagos Speaker, Gbajabiamila Should Resign Not Okupe by Nobody: 7:37am On Aug 24, 2012
Eziachi: So they now barter and compares their criminals? grin

ACN: Okupe must go, he is a criminal.

PDP: He is going nowhere, your criminals are bigger criminals than our criminals.

ACN: How can you say that when one of your grand criminal,s Bode George just came out of Kirikiri and our grand Tinubu, only warmed the court bench?

PDP: Okay, let me think, I knew you must have some criminals hiding in your cupboard.

ACN: While your messing your brain thinking, I will give you another name-Ibori.

PDP: Damn! I didn't see that one coming. OK! What about Atiku? He was your member. OBJ indicted him!

ACN: You fool! Atiku was only a member of AC and not ACN.

PDP: And whats the difference?

ACN: AC is a reincarnation of AG, UP and AC, which means, strictly western as it always comes with 2 alphabets, its now strictly Nigerian i.e 3 alphabets, moreover, Atiku has returned to where he belonged.

PDP: And where does he belong?

ACN: To the den of criminals and killers-PDP

PDP: You are not going to win this argument, I am sending for Okupe and Abati. Reno Omokri is already on his way.

ACN: Alright then! Lai Mohammed will be my backup in that case.

grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Barth Nnaji Dismissed For Fraud / Gov Mimiko To Gov Fashola "I Am Sad / President Jonathan's 7am Address is rubbish

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.