Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,041 members, 7,818,085 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

Bomb-laden Car Intercepted In Maiduguri - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bomb-laden Car Intercepted In Maiduguri (5547 Views)

Suicide Bombers Intercepted In Borno State, Army Releases Statement / 2 Vehicles Filled With Explosives, Arms Reportedly Intercepted In Maiduguri / Thumb Printed Ballot Papers Allegedly Intercepted In Niger State (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bomb-laden Car Intercepted In Maiduguri by mukina2: 9:53am On Aug 22, 2012
Nigeria’s Borno Joint Task Force (JTF) on Operation Restore Order (ORO) said on Tuesday that it had intercepted a bomb-laden vehicle in Maiduguri.

A statement issued by the JTF spokesman, Lt. Col. Sagir Musa, in Maiduguri on Tuesday, said that the arrest took place on Monday at about 6 p.m.

“The JTF, based on information obtained from an arrested Boko Haram terrorist and moles in the Boko Haram Camp, intercepted a Toyota Camry 2001 model car heavily loaded with Improvised Explosive Device.

“The car has registration number Borno AA 867 MAF and was intercepted in Tudu quarters, Maduganari area of Maiduguri.

The statement said that the vehicle was heading to an unknown destination when it was intercepted, adding that the sponsors of the suicide bomber, led by a high profile Terrorist Commander were under surveillance and would soon be arrested by the JTF.

“ This is the deadliest bomb-laden vehicle to be arrested by the JTF in Maiduguri. Had the suicide bomber gotten to its target, fatalities would have been very high.”

The statement said that recorded bomb materials and incendiaries recovered in the car included four DAF gas oil cylinders, three constructed IED, 18 x 9 volts batteries with 2 switches and four x 25-litre jerricans with incendiary materials earmarked for suicide bombing.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/08/22/disaster-averted-as-bomb-laden-car-arrested/

1 Like

Re: Bomb-laden Car Intercepted In Maiduguri by mcevans1(m): 9:57am On Aug 22, 2012
Good Job by JTF!! They should act fast and arrest their sponsors
Re: Bomb-laden Car Intercepted In Maiduguri by Super1759: 10:01am On Aug 22, 2012
But wait I want to ask a question, are people still living maiduguri?

1 Like

Re: Bomb-laden Car Intercepted In Maiduguri by Korrection(m): 10:02am On Aug 22, 2012
I asked this question some time not too long ago...i dont understand...but if its all about bomb in the north...we don tire for the stories..........
Super1759: But wait I want to ask a question, are people still living maiduguri?
Re: Bomb-laden Car Intercepted In Maiduguri by brownlord: 10:05am On Aug 22, 2012
Na spirit they drive the car, no photo, to show for it, no name, they just keep writing script for us everyday,if all this people are really arrested everyday as claim by our security men, I wonder why bombin and killin is still on the rise, Abel make them stop this wale adeunga production story and arrest this culprit and hang all of the

2 Likes

Re: Bomb-laden Car Intercepted In Maiduguri by Pennywise(m): 10:09am On Aug 22, 2012
Great job to JTF. I always believe if their brothers being held are persuaded long enough, they will talk.

Keep honing your persuasion skill. We will need them down south with our own terrorists otherwise called kidnappers
Re: Bomb-laden Car Intercepted In Maiduguri by Acidosis(m): 10:12am On Aug 22, 2012
lmao

At first I mis-read the topic as

BIN LADEN'...
Re: Bomb-laden Car Intercepted In Maiduguri by solomon111(m): 10:19am On Aug 22, 2012
These are the same JTF people,that Nigerians do not value.
Even the sudanese appreciate them.
Re: Bomb-laden Car Intercepted In Maiduguri by belemzy: 10:25am On Aug 22, 2012
Good job JTF. But we need to see the faces of those arrested . 1 or 2 Photos please...
Re: Bomb-laden Car Intercepted In Maiduguri by Beync(f): 10:29am On Aug 22, 2012
So what is the driver of the camery saying? Where is he coming from? Who send him and where is he going to? They keep arresting bomb laden cars without tracing their origins and sponsors. rubbish

1 Like

Re: Bomb-laden Car Intercepted In Maiduguri by Korrection(m): 10:35am On Aug 22, 2012
A very good observation...they shouldnt make this public until the senders and sponsors are caught...now its on air and the sponsors will be quick upon thier heels
Beync: So what is the driver of the camery saying? Where is he coming from? Who send him and where is he going to? They keep arresting bomb laden cars without tracing their origins and sponsors. rubbish
Re: Bomb-laden Car Intercepted In Maiduguri by Okijajuju1(m): 10:47am On Aug 22, 2012
What is still baffling me is that the report does not say anything about the driver...

Abi the car was also being remote controlled or what?!
Re: Bomb-laden Car Intercepted In Maiduguri by ArQueBusieR(m): 10:59am On Aug 22, 2012
Aggressive intelligence gathering works wonders.
Re: Bomb-laden Car Intercepted In Maiduguri by Eifeh(m): 11:02am On Aug 22, 2012
Just passing

Re: Bomb-laden Car Intercepted In Maiduguri by Nobody: 11:04am On Aug 22, 2012
Re: Bomb-laden Car Intercepted In Maiduguri by Abujafood: 11:08am On Aug 22, 2012
We can't be sure they aren't doing this for security reasons. The case might be more complicated than it seems!

dozydre: Crooked story to me, how can u talk bout this without showing a pic, Name of the driver. And wat made u ppl tink there sponsors will be waitin to be caught without any trace of were the car is coming from.
Re: Bomb-laden Car Intercepted In Maiduguri by okeyxyz(m): 11:33am On Aug 22, 2012
For all we know this could be the PR department of the federal govt, police & army at work here. Isn't it a wonder that we keep intercepting bombs, arms & armunition week-in, week-out, yet we never get to the bottom of the case? How is it possible that there is so much interception of evidences but it seems non ever leads to the gang, mastermind, or sponsor? Nigerians should please start thinking with their brains and ask the proper questions.
Re: Bomb-laden Car Intercepted In Maiduguri by pembisco(m): 11:37am On Aug 22, 2012
Super1759: But wait I want to ask a question, are people still living maiduguri?
a$$hole! Pple live evn in dafur talkless of here in maiduguri...dnt overage exagerate wt u dnt knw
Re: Bomb-laden Car Intercepted In Maiduguri by Beync(f): 11:44am On Aug 22, 2012
Korrection: A very good observation...they shouldnt make this public until the senders and sponsors are caught...now its on air and the sponsors will be quick upon thier heels
no they want us to be singing praises that they working, when they cannot do the real work. Where did they load the bombs from? Who produced or purchase the bombs from where?. They keep feeding us with how they intercept bombs without the owner. smh
Re: Bomb-laden Car Intercepted In Maiduguri by ayando(m): 1:44pm On Aug 22, 2012
we r no fools.this to me is staged.let them come out wit real facts n evidence.they r working but dey shouldnt overrate it.phew!
Re: Bomb-laden Car Intercepted In Maiduguri by Mexyz(m): 1:49pm On Aug 22, 2012
Guys funny o,so u guys want 2 knw where d vehicle ws cumn 4rm,d driver's name and a pic? Cum maiduguri na mke una cme tke pic...mtcheew. U guys are nt even askn if journalists are bold enof to enta borno state. Belv it or nt,ds JTF are doin a great job.
Re: Bomb-laden Car Intercepted In Maiduguri by sureboykris(m): 3:25pm On Aug 22, 2012
Ì ve nothing against d JTF but most times these stories just sound staged. No clues as to where d vehicle is coming ,where its going. How can U̶̲̥̅̊ reveal to us that there r moles in boko haram?U̶̲̥̅̊ don't reveal info like this. Î just feel they r trying to impress d Nigerian populace. Must U̶̲̥̅̊ go to d press each time U̶̲̥̅̊ make an arrest ?if these arrests r true then they r simply sending A̶̲̥̅ message to other culprits to go into hiding
Re: Bomb-laden Car Intercepted In Maiduguri by nomshu(m): 4:57pm On Aug 22, 2012
Pls lets learn hw to appreciate this guyz job well done, to me this is a very good achievement. more greese to your elbow JTF. keep the work going we are praying hard for you all!
Re: Bomb-laden Car Intercepted In Maiduguri by jude33084(m): 5:39pm On Aug 22, 2012
Soldiers are dying everyday in Borno yet we don't honour them undecided All we know is complain and ask for more without respest for them

This is not fair at allll sad
Re: Bomb-laden Car Intercepted In Maiduguri by Nobody: 6:26pm On Aug 22, 2012
Acidosis: lmao

At first I mis-read the topic as

BIN LADEN'...

Yea, same thing happened to me too... Lol.
Re: Bomb-laden Car Intercepted In Maiduguri by ebor(m): 12:06am On Aug 23, 2012
The bomb laden vehicle was shown yesterday on NTA network news (9PM)with better details than what was given here. the doubting Thomas who are asking for picture of the car as evidence are encouraged to be current by watching news to avoid making uninformed comments!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Agbaso Contests Impeachment At Appeal Court / Buhari's Certificate: I Withdraw My Support / 7 Bitter Truths About Ghana And Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.