Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,862 members, 7,810,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:49 AM

OBJ Denies Backing Lamido-Amaechi For President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OBJ Denies Backing Lamido-Amaechi For President (7737 Views)

You're Now One Of Us - Arewa Thanks Amaechi For Cancelling Proposed Maritime Uni / A Thread Specially Dedicated To Governor "Rotimi Amaechi" For His Determination. / Rivers PDP 'Congratulates' Amaechi For Losing APC's VP Slot. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

OBJ Denies Backing Lamido-Amaechi For President by IjeomaObasi: 11:18am On Aug 22, 2012
FORMER President Olusegun Obasanjo yesterday cleared the air on the 2015 Presidency, saying he is more concerned about security challenges facing the nation than the 2015 general election.

The former president’s position followed speculations that he may dump President Goodluck Jonathan for Governors Sule Lamido-Rotimi Amaechi Presidential ticket.

The ex-President was also said to have made his position known to the Presidency to avert crisis of confidence between him and the President.

But there were signals yesterday that some former governors of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and a few serving ones, especially those on second term, have begun talks on the next general election.

Obasanjo was said to have had audience with some of his associates over speculations that he may back Lamido.

He was also said to have regretted that the speculations were designed to put him at loggerheads with President Jonathan.

One of the associates, who spoke in confidence with our correspondent, quoted Obasanjo as saying: “I am more concerned with finding solutions to the country’s challenges of security, corruption and economy.

“I expect all those who love Nigeria should concern themselves with how to tackle these challenges rather than busying themselves with 2015.

“I am not interested in the distraction of the red herring on 2015.”

Notwithstanding Obasanjo’s position, some former PDP governors and a few ones on second term were said to have started preliminary talks on 2015

Some of the former and serving governors are already weighing options on whether to back Jonathan’s second term or shop for an alternative candidate.

It was gathered that the governors are also considering a creation of an alternative platform if PDP is hijacked in 2015 in favour of a predetermined candidate.

A source said these governors might constitute a second force in PDP to form an alliance with politicians of like minds in other political parties.

The source said: “Some politicians and government officials may be pretending but the fact is that preliminary discussions on 2015 have started among some former and serving governors, especially those in PDP.

“Those from the North are deeply interested in power shift to the region in 2015 . I can say that informal or exploratory talks have begun.

“So, if names are being speculated, these might have come from the ongoing talks among these governors

“Even in the presidency, there are covert plans being hatched on 2015. You do not leave your fate till the last minutes.

“Nobody can wait because the opposition is already gaining some mileage for 2015 by winning the sympathy of the people.”

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/news/58603-2015-obasanjo-denies-backing-lamido-amaechi-for-president.html#.UDSvtBCrFSQ.twitter
Re: OBJ Denies Backing Lamido-Amaechi For President by floriana(m): 11:35am On Aug 22, 2012
How can he do that after we have awarded a medical contract for the examination of the liver, kidney and other vital internal organs of Sule Lamido to ensure obj doesn't play another Yar'adua on us? SMH (Violently)

1 Like

Re: OBJ Denies Backing Lamido-Amaechi For President by Dpeacemaker101: 11:40am On Aug 22, 2012
Why the fake news?
Re: OBJ Denies Backing Lamido-Amaechi For President by Nobody: 12:02pm On Aug 22, 2012
Dpeacemaker101: Why the fake news?

It is called dirty politics. Besides, even if the story was true, OBJ would still "deny" it for now. That is politics.

3 Likes

Re: OBJ Denies Backing Lamido-Amaechi For President by Biggyd2: 12:14pm On Aug 22, 2012
Who are we to believe? OBJ should not come up later with another combo of proposed presidential candidates and deny what he said today. The antecedent of the party deceiving people, speaks for itself! undecided However, if OBJ would make good his words on the first paragraph of this article, Nigerians will be happy!
Re: OBJ Denies Backing Lamido-Amaechi For President by Euroclydon(m): 12:15pm On Aug 22, 2012
Baba don't mind them... Even the press is confused.
Re: OBJ Denies Backing Lamido-Amaechi For President by Chanchit: 12:16pm On Aug 22, 2012
Make una no kill baba for us o...
Baba is concerned with the security, and corruption issues @ d moment..*winks*
Re: OBJ Denies Backing Lamido-Amaechi For President by MurphyT1: 12:17pm On Aug 22, 2012
Abeg 2015 stl far, the beta focus their energy on beta things
Re: OBJ Denies Backing Lamido-Amaechi For President by ChideraFavour(m): 12:19pm On Aug 22, 2012
Weda it's true or not am not interested on who is ruling or who's backn eachoda wht I'm interested in is fairnest,love,justice,equity, &patroitic pls let us pray & fight 4 a beta change in ds our naija
Re: OBJ Denies Backing Lamido-Amaechi For President by omowolewa: 12:20pm On Aug 22, 2012
I just wonder who the north will present for 2015. Until I read the false news I thought the headline refers to Lamido Sanusi. North has good leaders but not good politician,I can't imagine a president that will auto-pilot Nigeria again.

For Obj,I think he should be seen and not heard(as a consultant) else press men will always twist his words.
Re: OBJ Denies Backing Lamido-Amaechi For President by greall1: 12:23pm On Aug 22, 2012
obasanjo pillar of PDP
Re: OBJ Denies Backing Lamido-Amaechi For President by HighChief4(m): 12:23pm On Aug 22, 2012
As if they are all sure to live till 2015. Nigerian politicians are all comedians
Re: OBJ Denies Backing Lamido-Amaechi For President by brownlord: 12:28pm On Aug 22, 2012
If all this people, starting from legislators in the state hours of assembly, senators, governors, ex president governors, and all this evil politicians can all be killed then Nigeria will be not just the giant of Africa but have a stand in the international community, this people needs to be killed, IBM., atiku. Buhari, annenih. Obj. Sanusi, Elrufai. And all the northern bigot need to die for this country to move forward, but too bad don't think that can happen, so let continue to bare till we ready to do that
Re: OBJ Denies Backing Lamido-Amaechi For President by Navalsadiq(m): 12:40pm On Aug 22, 2012
The only way forward is for a shift of power from the three major tribes in the country.because they are responsible for the set back this country is experiencing.they hav allowed sentiment and nepotism to pilot the affairs of this nation.GOD HELP NAIJA..
Re: OBJ Denies Backing Lamido-Amaechi For President by Geomac: 1:16pm On Aug 22, 2012
High_Chief: As if they are all sure to live till 2015. Nigerian politicians are all comedians

You can say that again
Re: OBJ Denies Backing Lamido-Amaechi For President by pembisco(m): 1:40pm On Aug 22, 2012
Who assured diz fools dt they'll evn see 2015...
Re: OBJ Denies Backing Lamido-Amaechi For President by alaoeri: 1:40pm On Aug 22, 2012
People are really scared of ebora owu, baba lu iyawo anyway only time 'll tell whether na true or false.
Re: OBJ Denies Backing Lamido-Amaechi For President by aare07(m): 1:44pm On Aug 22, 2012
Nigeria is in needs of urgent reform of media sector.
Leadership newspaper told us the newspaper..................
Re: OBJ Denies Backing Lamido-Amaechi For President by gurujoe(m): 1:44pm On Aug 22, 2012
Naval sadiq: The only way forward is for a shift of power from the three major tribes in the country.because they are responsible for the set back this country is experiencing.they hav allowed sentiment and nepotism to pilot the affairs of this nation.GOD HELP NAIJA..
shift of powa frm d 3 major tribes? I hp u ar nt countin Igbo in dat yr tribe game. I bliv d mess we found ourselve 2day is because we havn't givn justice chance in dis country.
Re: OBJ Denies Backing Lamido-Amaechi For President by Dpeacemaker101: 2:14pm On Aug 22, 2012
brownlord: If all this people, starting from legislators in the state hours of assembly, senators, governors, ex president governors, and all this evil politicians can all be killed then Nigeria will be not just the giant of Africa but have a stand in the international community, this people needs to be killed, IBM., atiku. Buhari, annenih. Obj. Sanusi, Elrufai. And all the northern bigot need to die for this country to move forward, but too bad don't think that can happen, so let continue to bare till we ready to do that
I totally agree with you.
Re: OBJ Denies Backing Lamido-Amaechi For President by Dpeacemaker101: 2:16pm On Aug 22, 2012
Well, all I know is if GEJ is contesting in 2015 , I will vote him again. He is the man we need.

2 Likes

Re: OBJ Denies Backing Lamido-Amaechi For President by Obinoscopy(m): 2:22pm On Aug 22, 2012
Must it always be governors that will be Presidents and Vice? This PDP sef tire me
Re: OBJ Denies Backing Lamido-Amaechi For President by 1025: 2:27pm On Aug 22, 2012
the confusion and security challenges in the polity today is as a result of obasanjo's wickedness and selfish interests which had made him think like a god.
the blood of all innocent nigerians who died in all these are crying for vengeance. my prayer is that he reap what he sow.
Re: OBJ Denies Backing Lamido-Amaechi For President by apala911: 2:47pm On Aug 22, 2012
Rumor mongering!!!!
Re: OBJ Denies Backing Lamido-Amaechi For President by amdy08: 3:20pm On Aug 22, 2012
Murphy T: Abeg 2015 stl far, the beta focus their energy on beta things
Murphy, to be sincere,their are better issues to talk about. 2015 is still far abeg.
Re: OBJ Denies Backing Lamido-Amaechi For President by excondido(m): 3:46pm On Aug 22, 2012
do people still care whoever obj 'select' to rule this country? they are all the same people being recycled for convinience sake not a candidate with the people at heart.
Re: OBJ Denies Backing Lamido-Amaechi For President by Nobody: 3:56pm On Aug 22, 2012
Aso Rock is not vacant!
Re: OBJ Denies Backing Lamido-Amaechi For President by Mavrick2012: 4:39pm On Aug 22, 2012
1025: the confusion and security challenges in the polity today is as a result of obasanjo's wickedness and selfish interests which had made him think like a god.
the blood of all innocent nigerians who died in all these are crying for vengeance. my prayer is that he reap what he sow.
keep decievin urselfs,u wil b suprise dat dis same man wil still b alive d nxt 20yrs and wil die peacefuly as a greatman while u keep waitin 4 "dooms day".LOL
Re: OBJ Denies Backing Lamido-Amaechi For President by ismhab(m): 5:11pm On Aug 22, 2012
Chanchit: Make una no kill baba for us o...
Baba is concerned with the security, and corruption issues @ d moment..*winks*
BABA IS THE FATHER OF MODERN TIME CORRUPTION.
Re: OBJ Denies Backing Lamido-Amaechi For President by DANILSA(m): 5:15pm On Aug 22, 2012
Billyonaire: Aso Rock is not vacant!
try again latter.
Re: OBJ Denies Backing Lamido-Amaechi For President by VirginFinder: 6:29pm On Aug 22, 2012
I just knew OBJ couldn't be done with the north just yet.

SW's sodomizing of the north for its sins against us has to continue in earnest and unabated until 2019. When that time comes we can now consider the north's proposal and anoint obedient candidates.

For now its GEJ till 2019 by God's grace.
Re: OBJ Denies Backing Lamido-Amaechi For President by oiseworld: 9:37pm On Aug 22, 2012
true !! Aso rock is not vacant.

And even if, How do this northerners think ? They think the world does not know what they are doing, the world is watching.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Heads Of Federal Agencies As Of Last Year (jonathan's Administration) / Igbo: A Recognized Ethnic Group In Rivers State, Says RVSG / Edo, Ondo 2020: IGP orders mop-up of illegal firearms, arrest of offenders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.