Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,433 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:31 AM

Which Exportation Business Can I Start With 100k. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Which Exportation Business Can I Start With 100k. (9062 Views)

Do It Yourself Exportation Business Guide Free - Season The Nitty Gritty. / Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? / Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Exportation Business Can I Start With 100k. by Chigorkizz(m): 12:28am On Aug 23, 2012
Please i need ur advice on d type of exportation business i can start with 1hundred thousand naira as a bigginer.PLS help
Re: Which Exportation Business Can I Start With 100k. by chemashie(m): 5:19am On Aug 23, 2012
Do you have a registered coy and was ur coy registered with NEPC? If no, then u r not ready for xport biz. You can start as export broker for now or product sourcing agent. You can start by registering your products on alibaba or other B2B websites.
Re: Which Exportation Business Can I Start With 100k. by Chigorkizz(m): 6:42am On Aug 23, 2012
How do i register wit alibaba?
Re: Which Exportation Business Can I Start With 100k. by chemashie(m): 7:22am On Aug 23, 2012
I thought you are a trained exporter or are you just starting afresh? You need to be familiar with product you want to export such as palm kernel shell, sesame seeds, shea nuts/butter, cassava chips(hot cake), charcoal, groundnut or solid minerals like iron ore, lead, manganese, copper etc. You need to understand some terms like minimum order quantity(MOQ); shipping terms like FOB, CIF; Payment terms like LC, T/T, western union & also packaging of ur product. You need these when you r talking to a buyer.
Log on to alibaba.com and sign up with them as free member for now cos u need up to 500k to become a gold member.
Your present location also determine your success, you can help exporter to source for product if you stay outside lagos. Let me know where u stay so i can guilde you tru.
Re: Which Exportation Business Can I Start With 100k. by Chigorkizz(m): 7:40am On Aug 23, 2012
I stays in benue state.here we have many agric.products especially cassava which is in abundant.
Re: Which Exportation Business Can I Start With 100k. by chemashie(m): 8:03am On Aug 23, 2012
You too dey dull ursef then, is it cassava chips or ordinary? People prefer chip ones than whole cassava. I sent 5Kg of PKS to a buyer(nigerian) in central europe yesterday. The man pleaded with me to work on cassava chips which i told to give me a time.
Even if the man is ready to start the business he wouldn‘t like to work with an exporter without coy name & NEPC license. You will still need to get d sample of cassva chips and forward to me for onward delivery to the buyer. U r not supposed to pay 4 courier.
Re: Which Exportation Business Can I Start With 100k. by Chigorkizz(m): 9:14am On Aug 23, 2012
Its ordinary cassava bt i can process it in2 chips.i'll lik 2 b in bizz wit u.jst show me hw 2 process it den we're in2 business.
Re: Which Exportation Business Can I Start With 100k. by scorpa: 10:29am On Aug 23, 2012
@chemashie

Please can I have ur contact...I would like to ask you some questions.

Thanks
Re: Which Exportation Business Can I Start With 100k. by leixinai: 11:19am On Aug 23, 2012
[img]http://www.forexchartingsoftware.info/iPhone.gif[/img]

Welcome guy and nice to meet you
Re: Which Exportation Business Can I Start With 100k. by Chigorkizz(m): 11:24am On Aug 23, 2012
Shw me d way 4ward.
leixinai: [img]http://www.forexchartingsoftware.info/iPhone.gif[/img]

Welcome guy and nice to meet you
Shw me d way 4ward.
Re: Which Exportation Business Can I Start With 100k. by chemashie(m): 12:25pm On Aug 23, 2012
@ chigorkizz, i don‘t know how to process into chips cos is out of my area. I was with my client (before he travelled out) and his lawyer on PKS, he asked if i can also supply cassava chips in large quantity after our discussion. I promise to see if i can get an exporter on cassava chips and forward to him.
I hope to discuss with him about u as soon as possible. Like i said earlier, his lawyer might be reluctant to work with faceless people without legal backing.
NOTE: there are thousands of scammers on alibaba, sometimes nigerian disguised as a potential buyers to scam you.
@scorpa, my contact is 08034018955 or bankolemutolib@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Which Exportation Business Can I Start With 100k. by Chigorkizz(m): 12:27pm On Aug 23, 2012
chemashie: You too dey dull ursef then, is it cassava chips or ordinary? People prefer chip ones than whole cassava. I sent 5Kg of PKS to a buyer(nigerian) in central europe yesterday. The man pleaded with me to work on cassava chips which i told to give me a time.
Even if the man is ready to start the business he wouldn‘t like to work with an exporter without coy name & NEPC license. You will still need to get d sample of cassva chips and forward to me for onward delivery to the buyer. U r not supposed to pay 4 courier.
Hw's it sold?is it sold in gram or kg?hw many dollar per g or kg?
Re: Which Exportation Business Can I Start With 100k. by chemashie(m): 12:46pm On Aug 23, 2012
Register with alibaba first so as to get the internet exposure you needed to show case your wares. More dan 20 prospective buyers will call you but 15 of them would‘ve sent the same message to over 100 exporters to get best price for single product & 4 are likely to be scammers while 1 or none would be ready to buy. In a nutshell there are many jokers & few buyers.
Rule of the game: always request for courier fee if any buyer request for your samples abroad & don‘t be desperate to make money fast or else you will be disappointed.

3 Likes

Re: Which Exportation Business Can I Start With 100k. by chemashie(m): 1:05pm On Aug 23, 2012
Solid products are sold in METRIC TONES(MT). 1000kg make up 1 metri ton, so if you are supplying 100MT that is 100,000kg. Always quote ur price in MT @ a particular port such as apapa port or Portharcourt port.
Shipping: make use of FOB(free on board), that is, u r responsible for packaging(50/100kg jute bag), loading into container & onto ship then u hands off.
Payment terms: make sure it is strictly 100% Irrevocable, Confirmed Letter of Credit. The buyer‘s bank relaese ur fund 2ur bank in nigeria as soon as the buyer confirm the products. This is the best payment term so far.
NB: don‘t accept bank transfer, western union or any other payment term except LC.
I will try to get the current international price/FOB and reply.
Typing from my fone is hell.....
Re: Which Exportation Business Can I Start With 100k. by TechRev: 1:26pm On Aug 23, 2012
@chemashie, what other products are exported that you know?? You talked of groundnut, in what form is the groundnut exported?? For someone that has a registered business, what else does he need apart from knowledge of source of the materials??
Re: Which Exportation Business Can I Start With 100k. by chemashie(m): 5:39pm On Aug 23, 2012
Groundnut is sold the way it appears, reddish brown or normal brown colour. Log on to alibaba.com and check some of ur competitiors from nigeria. Just copy d info and twist it to suit your purpose.
Don‘t copy&paste cos it will affect visibility of ur displayed products.
To get started just google ‘buy groundnut from nigeria on alibaba‘, and obtain the following info: current FOB/MT price, payment terms, pictures of the products & number of people u r to compete with.
Since u have d source for ur product, just upload ur pix & show its environment to further convince ur buyers.
Goodluck.
Re: Which Exportation Business Can I Start With 100k. by jobaskia(m): 5:44pm On Aug 23, 2012
@chemashie I will like to know tentative cost of shipping PKS to Poland. I need a vessel for 12,500MT for PKS to Poland . How do i go about it ?,
NEXPC is in place. Pls let me know other necessary information i dont know about.
Re: Which Exportation Business Can I Start With 100k. by chemashie(m): 6:06pm On Aug 23, 2012
If you access to any agricultural produce and u don‘t have registered company or license to export you can display ur products of mocality.com, tradestable.com & other websites that offer free ads in nigeria. You can spare urself from agony of coy registratn or license for now.
Many companies or individual can as well pick up ur contact and ask u to supply them.
I used this method for my pure honey and i have been selling to people tru dis.
Try that for now and move on later. My 2 cents!
Re: Which Exportation Business Can I Start With 100k. by honeyguy(m): 10:09am On Aug 24, 2012
i need a supplier of coffee in large quantity asap
Re: Which Exportation Business Can I Start With 100k. by boladex1: 1:36pm On Aug 24, 2012
chemashie: If you access to any agricultural produce and u don‘t have registered company or license to export you can display ur products of mocality.com, tradestable.com & other websites that offer free ads in nigeria. You can spare urself from agony of coy registratn or license for now.
Many companies or individual can as well pick up ur contact and ask u to supply them.
I used this method for my pure honey and i have been selling to people tru dis.
Try that for now and move on later. My 2 cents!

PLEASE AM ALSO INTERESTED IN EXPORT, AM BASED IN LAGOS AND WHAT CAN I INVEST IN
AND PLEASE CAN U GIVE ME UR DETAILS
Re: Which Exportation Business Can I Start With 100k. by ado123: 3:10pm On Aug 24, 2012
check this site below for detail:

www.smallscale-export-import..com
Re: Which Exportation Business Can I Start With 100k. by chemashie(m): 3:23pm On Aug 24, 2012
@ jobaskia, let me know the stage @ which you are right now.
Step by step guilde(am assumin d contract has been signed):
Source for product
Warehousing in lagos
Inspection @ warehouse using SGS or COBALT, packaging, containerising.
Contact freight forwader & ensure the documentation is done quickly to avoid spending more money for warehousing.
Ensure you containerise the products in warehouse & transport direct from their to d vessel.
What is ur FOB price to Poland?

1 Like

Re: Which Exportation Business Can I Start With 100k. by chemashie(m): 3:32pm On Aug 24, 2012
@bola-dex, export bix is lucrative & complicated. It is biz dat can be readily financed by banks such as diamond bank when u hav d contract & d buyer is ready to give LC.
I hop u understand it is international biz? So, u either shape in or they wipe ur asz.
My contact is bankolemutolib@yahoo.com
Re: Which Exportation Business Can I Start With 100k. by Nobody: 4:33pm On Aug 24, 2012
@chemashie and all, nice job u guyz're doin out here... i'd wantd to only read thru but it might encourage u if i let u knw alot of us cherish d time & all u've sacrificed to put us thru on ds. God bless u; pls keep it up.

1 Like

Re: Which Exportation Business Can I Start With 100k. by chemashie(m): 5:12pm On Aug 24, 2012
It shows my posts & other people‘s posts have touched many lives here. I have received over 20 messages to my inbox & PM on dis topic alone. Everything shuldn‘t be about ebooks alone, i believe any fast learner should pick up from my posts so far and double d knowledge.
If anybody consult me personally for one on one on this, he/she should be ready to pay for the service.
I have to be sincere to everyone that i don‘t have any prepared ebook on this, the only one i have is from my mentor & it is unethical to sell/give out to any one.
Incase any one has a contract to export any product such person can contact me for detailed RETURN ON INVESTMENT (ROI). You will need to do this before you embark on any project. No bank/financial institution will fund ur project if the ROI is not done. Any project with ROI of 25% upward is good for anyone to embark on.
Re: Which Exportation Business Can I Start With 100k. by Chigorkizz(m): 5:19pm On Aug 24, 2012
@chemeshie.i rilly appreciate ur help and all ur concerns 4 me abt dis business.Tnk u so much 4 giving a fine sword 2 a great man.it's nw left 4 me 2 work on d ideas u gave.
Am cirusly interested in d cassava chips production cos i can source for more than 100 metric tonnes...all i nid is the means.I Stays in Benue state,if there's any interested coy or person dat can take d transportational responsibility den i'll b in biznes wit him.Again if he can invest in d sourcing.tnks
Re: Which Exportation Business Can I Start With 100k. by Chigorkizz(m): 5:32pm On Aug 24, 2012
If u're intrestd in financing the production of cassava chips contact me @ chigorkizz@gmail.com
Chigorkizz: @chemeshie.i rilly appreciate ur help and all ur concerns 4 me abt dis business.Tnk u so much 4 giving a fine sword 2 a great man.it's nw left 4 me 2 work on d ideas u gave.
Am cirusly interested in d cassava chips production cos i can source for more than 100 metric tonnes...all i nid is the means.I Stays in Benue state,if there's any interested coy or person dat can take d transportational responsibility den i'll b in biznes wit him.Again if he can invest in d sourcing.tnks
If u're intrestd in financing the production of cassava chips contact me @ chigorkizz@gmail.com
Re: Which Exportation Business Can I Start With 100k. by chemashie(m): 5:41pm On Aug 24, 2012
Many companies use this cassava alot and u can start from buyers in Nigeria. Put the pictures on free ads site in nigeria like mocality, tradestable, dealfish etc.
Customers for my pure honey are mainly from nigeria cos exporting edible foods require rigorous lab test and certificates.
Just be consistent and be gud to all prospective customers that will call you. Many are jokers but out of dem can be of help in the long run.
Don‘t 4get me if d thing start to gel...lol
Re: Which Exportation Business Can I Start With 100k. by Chigorkizz(m): 6:33pm On Aug 24, 2012
Cassava chips cost 190-300dollar per metric tonn.
Re: Which Exportation Business Can I Start With 100k. by tinnymerit(m): 6:48pm On Aug 24, 2012
please house how can one turn cassava to chips?,dont seems to understand it.tanks.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Says You Can't Make It Through The Internet. Do It On Fiverr Today! / Is Learnify.ng Still Paying? / How Can I Withdraw Funds From FIVERR In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.