Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,421 members, 7,815,953 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

Failure In WAEC 2012: I Disagree with Waec result - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Failure In WAEC 2012: I Disagree with Waec result (717 Views)

INEC Weighs Its Options On Kogi, Lawyers Disagree:thisday / PDP, S’East Governors Disagree With Ekwueme Over Jonathan / 79.6% Students Fails Again In Waec Exams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Failure In WAEC 2012: I Disagree with Waec result by bilms(m): 12:28pm On Aug 23, 2012
Mass Failure in WAEC 2012: I do not believe that WAEC's judgment is true

I have been wondering why this nation has accepted in good faith, the recent results released by WAEC that witnessed massive failure of students without any further questioning. I will like to call for an investigation into the decision by WAEC that led to the failure of so many students.

It will be proper in this age of freedom of information to consider requesting for the scripts of the students to be provided to both the teachers and the students. How is it possible that students who passed their secondary school exams in SS1, SS2 and first and second term of SS3 will eventually fail the final exams, which is one out of the nine exams taken at secondary level? Is the WAEC curriculum in harmony with the schools curriculum? Were the exams questions based on the curriculum and available learning materials recommended by WAEC? Did WAEC ever consider integrating the school continuous assessment in the final results?

There is the need to investigate WAEC and its activities concerning the results of our future generation, so that their results will help us in determining where the problem lies. Exams are not tools of punishments but instruments for teaching and learning improvement and I do not see any reason why we cannot use WAEC to improve learning
Re: Failure In WAEC 2012: I Disagree with Waec result by bilms(m): 3:15pm On Aug 23, 2012
wink
Re: Failure In WAEC 2012: I Disagree with Waec result by bilms(m): 5:04pm On Aug 23, 2012
cheesy
Re: Failure In WAEC 2012: I Disagree with Waec result by bilms(m): 7:04am On Aug 24, 2012

(1) (Reply)

President Gej On N2000 Note / I Have Free Calling Code On All Network / Bakassi: If My People Declare War On Nigeria, I’ll Pray For Them – Monarch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.