Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,981 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

why can't Nigerian start trusting product made in nigeria? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / why can't Nigerian start trusting product made in nigeria? (1266 Views)

Why Can't Jumia Offer Same-Day Delivery? / Why Can't Money Be Sufficiently Printed For Our Use? / Why Can't Nigerians Shop Online? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

why can't Nigerian start trusting product made in nigeria? by oziomatv(m): 8:16pm On Dec 29, 2007
[center]
My fellow Nigerians am complaining from the debt of my hearth to our inability to produce goods label in our own name.
      In Nigeria we have many designers who can pieces an Italian product and carbon copied it. The Easterners  can produce motor parts and spear parts.
        attempt is making for motor car and certain technology hidden somewhere yet to be developed.
           This is the time for us to show the world that blackman is not as they think.
               our economy will not go anywhere if we keep on importing what others produce without knowing how to repair it

when ever it spoils.
                         The Chinese and the Indians are taking advantage over our inability to unite to sample their inferior product          in which we can equally produce if we pay much attention on it.   
                           My opinion is, LET START PATRONIZING OUR PRODUCT RATHER THAN CRITICIZING IT.
[/center]
Re: why can't Nigerian start trusting product made in nigeria? by N4s1(m): 10:23pm On Dec 29, 2007
grin U just made my day with this, Nne, obu eziokwu ka ina ekwu, but it's because of people like us who will not buy once they see MADE IN NIGERIA!

The truth is that we are already accustomed to imported cheaper things, hope we change and encourage our industries to improve quality.

@OziomaTv, Nne Ibu onye ebee, kedu ebe gi no?

lol
Re: why can't Nigerian start trusting product made in nigeria? by wendymanda: 3:02am On Dec 30, 2007
The person above me said, alot of people will not want to buy because of one reason or the other. The tribalists will not want to "make the Igbo people richer" and it might also be more expensive than imported products. However people with common sense should always try to build up their country by buying things made and sold therein.
Re: why can't Nigerian start trusting product made in nigeria? by oziomatv(m): 9:07am On Dec 30, 2007
listen you don't have to worry about only Nigerians. Make your product to be marketed outside the country like Benni, Togo, Cameroon, Gabon other west African countries, east Africa. not only in our land it will take a little time but see what will happen.
         30years ago Chinese were being refereed as apes by the western world now where is china now? are they not a threat to world economy?
                  stop bothering and put effort.
                       Abu m nwa afor Mbaise na IMO State
Akpola m NNe abu m Nwaoke
Re: why can't Nigerian start trusting product made in nigeria? by oziomatv(m): 5:10pm On Jan 02, 2008
we need to talk on this,
Re: why can't Nigerian start trusting product made in nigeria? by Mustay(m): 11:14pm On Jan 02, 2008
but make una no dey do these ur PRODUCTS at the expense of human life
Re: why can't Nigerian start trusting product made in nigeria? by oziomatv(m): 11:10am On Jan 03, 2008
Anyway you're right but pratice make perfect
Re: why can't Nigerian start trusting product made in nigeria? by taj: 7:01pm On Jan 05, 2008
because Nigerians are more after the profit they will make than the quality of product produced. I bought a bottle of maltina on new year's day and guess what I found in the bottom particles, i can't even tell exactly what it is maybe sand or dead insects,
Re: why can't Nigerian start trusting product made in nigeria? by Kobojunkie: 8:35pm On Jan 05, 2008
oziomatv:

Anyway you're right but pratice make perfect

That is the laziest excuse of all and has been used for decades in that country for decades now. When do we get to the stage where we make it perfect before we try to sell it to the public?? Should the Nigerian then buy half-ass goods just cause "PRACTISE MAKES PERFECT"?? Come on. Why should a Nigerian buy a low quality product ?? cause it is made in Nigeria?? I am almost sure that if the quality of products were improved, people will buy regardless of where it is made.
Re: why can't Nigerian start trusting product made in nigeria? by Mustay(m): 10:53pm On Jan 05, 2008
taj:

because Nigerians are more after the profit they will make than the quality of product produced. I bought a bottle of maltina on new year's day and guess what I found in the bottom particles, i can't even tell exactly what it is maybe sand or dead insects,
Re: why can't Nigerian start trusting product made in nigeria? by oziomatv(m): 10:57am On Jan 06, 2008
Kobojunkie:

That is the laziest excuse of all and has been used for decades in that country for decades now. When do we get to the stage where we make it perfect before we try to sell it to the public?? Should the Nigerian then buy half-ass goods just cause "PRACTISE MAKES PERFECT"?? Come on. Why should a Nigerian buy a low quality product ?? cause it is made in Nigeria?? I am almost sure that if the quality of products were improved, people will buy regardless of where it is made.
   No my brother you can't take it that way, listen Americans didn't start off with quality goods likewise Europe.
        the more we buy our products the more we encouraged them and at the sametime make our critics.
              should we all depend on what others prodused without making a trial to do ours.
                      if they sees that people are buying but complaining they will be forced to improve.
                             China products is it the best?
taj:

I can feel your experience, but did you take it to the seller? and make him/her realize how disappointed you were? or ask for refund or changed it?
     this is what you should do it's your right.
    perhaps the company don't know about it but with your complaint tomorrow they will work with extreme care.
Re: why can't Nigerian start trusting product made in nigeria? by Mustay(m): 1:26pm On Jan 06, 2008
complaints?

you tell the onitsha boyz et al that yr relation died due to their drugs and they stop sad
Re: why can't Nigerian start trusting product made in nigeria? by oziomatv(m): 2:37pm On Jan 06, 2008
stop being arrogant
Re: why can't Nigerian start trusting product made in nigeria? by donmayor(m): 8:05pm On Jan 06, 2008
Why should I bother with Made in Nigeria when it is of low quality and will never last (Experience), the same with China products flooding the market. Lets solve our manufacturing problems - electricity, roads, corruption and poverty before we can start expecting standard products at reasonable price.
Re: why can't Nigerian start trusting product made in nigeria? by oziomatv(m): 9:51am On Jan 07, 2008
donmayor:

Why should I bother with Made in Nigeria when it is of low quality and will never last (Experience), the same with China products flooding the market. Lets solve our manufacturing problems - electricity, roads, corruption and poverty before we can start expecting standard products at reasonable price.

How do you think all these problems can be solve?
calling Americans or Europeans to come and develop our country?
Asking them loan from the money they got from us through their products and pay back with high interest?
Brother think well.
Re: why can't Nigerian start trusting product made in nigeria? by TheSly: 9:58am On Jan 07, 2008
Topic!!

because most of it are fake!!. . . (who no want better thing. . cheesy)
Re: why can't Nigerian start trusting product made in nigeria? by oziomatv(m): 10:50am On Jan 07, 2008
Every great achievement was once a failure,
we all like to start from top to down.

(1) (Reply)

Customized Sms / Business Name Registration Problem / Am Looking To Purchase Scrap Battery/spoit Battery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.