Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,519 members, 7,770,323 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:16 AM

Nigerian Traditional Wedding Cakes! - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Nigerian Traditional Wedding Cakes! (132245 Views)

Get Inspired! 20 Beautiful Wedding Cakes / Some Wedding Cakes You Won't Like!!!!!!!!!!!! / ~Wedding Cakes In Its Finest~ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Traditional Wedding Cakes! by onilaiscools: 11:37am On Aug 24, 2012

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Traditional Wedding Cakes! by onilaiscools: 11:39am On Aug 24, 2012
smiley nice

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Traditional Wedding Cakes! by onilaiscools: 11:39am On Aug 24, 2012
smiley

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Traditional Wedding Cakes! by onilaiscools: 11:41am On Aug 24, 2012
smiley hmmm

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Traditional Wedding Cakes! by onilaiscools: 11:42am On Aug 24, 2012
smiley b

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Traditional Wedding Cakes! by onilaiscools: 11:43am On Aug 24, 2012
smiley v

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Traditional Wedding Cakes! by tpia5: 11:52am On Aug 24, 2012
i like the expressions in the last one.

@ green white green photo- isnt that a white couple?
Re: Nigerian Traditional Wedding Cakes! by MrsChima(f): 12:47pm On Aug 24, 2012
tpia@:
i like the expressions in the last one.

@ green white green photo- isnt that a white couple?

Yes. Many of them were especially the first one.
Re: Nigerian Traditional Wedding Cakes! by Abagworo(m): 12:50pm On Aug 24, 2012
Naija has so much swag.
Re: Nigerian Traditional Wedding Cakes! by Nobody: 10:47pm On Aug 24, 2012
All the cakes are pretty but I like this one more grin

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Traditional Wedding Cakes! by onila(f): 2:32pm On Aug 25, 2012
linda_1: All the cakes are pretty but I like this one more grin
smiley
Re: Nigerian Traditional Wedding Cakes! by onila(f): 2:33pm On Aug 25, 2012
rety

Re: Nigerian Traditional Wedding Cakes! by onila(f): 2:34pm On Aug 25, 2012
awww lovely!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Traditional Wedding Cakes! by onila(f): 2:37pm On Aug 25, 2012
smiley

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Traditional Wedding Cakes! by anonymous6(f): 2:38pm On Aug 25, 2012
Re: Nigerian Traditional Wedding Cakes! by onila(f): 2:38pm On Aug 25, 2012
smiley aww

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Traditional Wedding Cakes! by tpia5: 4:31pm On Aug 25, 2012
why are so many of them white, though?

are the couples white?
Re: Nigerian Traditional Wedding Cakes! by anonymous6(f): 7:04pm On Aug 25, 2012
tpia@:
why are so many of them white, though?

are the couples white?

I couples are not white but it is the people that design the cakes that don't take note of that simple detail and paint the miniature dolls black
Re: Nigerian Traditional Wedding Cakes! by tpia5: 8:51pm On Aug 25, 2012
I'm not sure, but i think i'm seeing blue eyes on some of them.

maybe i need to change my contacts.
Re: Nigerian Traditional Wedding Cakes! by anonymous6(f): 9:05pm On Aug 25, 2012
tpia@:
I'm not sure, but i think i'm seeing blue eyes on some of them.

maybe i need to change my contacts.

ok you are talking about the dolls not the actual people getting married, I thought you were trying to connect the white dolls with the race of the couple's getting married. Any way you are right those dolls are white.
Re: Nigerian Traditional Wedding Cakes! by Tolaaaaannni(f): 9:25pm On Aug 25, 2012
Beaurriful cakes. So much creativity. smiley smiley
Re: Nigerian Traditional Wedding Cakes! by tpia5: 12:04am On Aug 26, 2012
anonymous6:

ok you are talking about the dolls not the actual people getting married, I thought you were trying to connect the white dolls with the race of the couple's getting married. Any way you are right those dolls are white.

yes, i'm trying to figure out why the dolls are white and some have blue eyes.

that's why i wondered if the couples the cakes were made for, are white.
Re: Nigerian Traditional Wedding Cakes! by anonymous6(f): 12:29am On Aug 26, 2012
tpia@:

yes, i'm trying to figure out why the dolls are white and some have blue eyes.

that's why i wondered if the couples the cakes were made for, are white.

yup without a doubt the dolls are white but the couples they were made for most definitely are black, 99% of Nigerians are Black, Nigeria is a black african country, there are no native white Nigerians they don't exist, so the Nigerian weddings will always consist of black Nigerians(exception if they marry outside their race, and in that case nigerian weddings tend to not be fully celebrated the way their suppose to be). So without a doubt the couples must be black Nigerians. Why they use white dolls is funny to me.

Example:
Look at the yoruba couple and look at the dolls on their traditional wedding cake
[img]http://4.bp..com/-is8WSHsorP0/Tb1lDYcIH7I/AAAAAAAAAD4/QtVgWnDWUFk/s1600/wedding4.jpg[/img]
http://hausanigerian..com/2011/05/nigerian-wedding-vs-british-wedding.html

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Traditional Wedding Cakes! by tpia5: 1:16am On Aug 26, 2012
Why they use white dolls is funny to me

and me also.

i can still understand kids playing with blonde barbies, but i'm finding it a bit hard to comprehend adults putting white blue eyed people on their traditional wedding cakes, when the couple themselves are black.

oh well, let me not put mouth sha. To each his own i suppose. Might be nitpicking i guess.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Traditional Wedding Cakes! by tpia5: 1:16am On Aug 26, 2012
the cakes are beautiful. cheesy
Re: Nigerian Traditional Wedding Cakes! by anonymous6(f): 1:19am On Aug 26, 2012
tpia@:

but i'm finding it a bit hard to comprehend adults putting white blue eyed people on their traditional wedding cakes, when the couple themselves are black.

I don't get that either, lets thank God the majority are not doing that, I have seen some Nigerian traditional weddings and most of the cakes that had dolls are black thank God.
Re: Nigerian Traditional Wedding Cakes! by tpia5: 1:41am On Aug 26, 2012
^ might be an oversight i guess.

maybe the white dolls are easier to make, or more readily available.

havent really noticed- the green white green one just initially struck me as a bit odd, hence my observation.
Re: Nigerian Traditional Wedding Cakes! by tpia5: 1:41am On Aug 26, 2012
dont think this one has been featured yet:

[img]http://naijablue7.files./2008/02/suitcase_cake-engagement.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Traditional Wedding Cakes! by tpia5: 1:42am On Aug 26, 2012
Re: Nigerian Traditional Wedding Cakes! by anonymous6(f): 1:45am On Aug 26, 2012
tpia@:
^ might be an oversight i guess.

maybe the white dolls are easier to make, or more readily available.

havent really noticed- the green white green one just initially struck me as a bit odd, hence my observation.

It could be a oversight, as you said because I don't think those couples will request white dolls purposely but they didn't contest it or care to see the significance or meaning of putting white dolls on their cake, but heah it is just cake

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Traditional Wedding Cakes! by tpia5: 1:51am On Aug 26, 2012
^ true.

no biggie.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Traditional Wedding Cakes! by anonymous6(f): 2:32am On Aug 26, 2012
tpia@:
^ true.

no biggie.

yeah, not a big deal

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown / Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures) / How To Make Soya Bean Meal For Your Baby (with Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.