Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,739 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Corvettes And Ferrari 360 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Corvettes And Ferrari 360 (5570 Views)

Ferrari And Lamborghini Spotted In Lagos By FreezeCoolFm (photos) / This Ferrari Got Everyone Staring At It In Lagos (photos) / Check Out These 1 Lamborghini And 2 Ferrari In The Same Compound (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corvettes And Ferrari 360 by luyang114114: 4:25am On Aug 25, 2012
I saw an article: The previous generation of the C5, with a 5.7​​-liter V8 engine, highest horsepower 400hp, performance is probably close to the Ferrari 360 level, but not yet high to the extent of the Lamborghini.
I want to know the differences between them.
Re: Corvettes And Ferrari 360 by Nobody: 2:37am On Aug 26, 2012
luyang114114: I saw an article: The previous generation of the C5, with a 5.7​​-liter V8 engine, highest horsepower 400hp, performance is probably close to the Ferrari 360 level, but not yet high to the extent of the Lamborghini.
I want to know the differences between them.
The C5 corvette had two variants of the 5.7L V8, one was for the regular model and the other was for the high performance Z06.
The 360 modena's 3.6L V8 power output is close to the corvette's (but the C5 smokes it on the straights...). Which lamborghini engine in particular was used as the benchmark?
Re: Corvettes And Ferrari 360 by luyang114114: 4:12am On Aug 27, 2012
Thanks,but i don't know which lamborghini as the benchmark.
platinumricky:
The C5 corvette had two variants of the 5.7L V8, one was for the regular model and the other was for the high performance Z06.
The 360 modena's 3.6L V8 power output is close to the corvette's (but the C5 smokes it on the straights...). Which lamborghini engine in particular was used as the benchmark?
Re: Corvettes And Ferrari 360 by Trac: 7:39am On Aug 27, 2012
Corvettes are Ferrari imitations. Get the real thing if you can afford it. The Corvette has extremely bad motion dynamics: it gives no warning at limits plus it isn't predictable in a variety of cases.
Re: Corvettes And Ferrari 360 by luyang114114: 5:54am On Aug 28, 2012
Trac: Corvettes are Ferrari imitations. Get the real thing if you can afford it. The Corvette has extremely bad motion dynamics: it gives no warning at limits plus it isn't predictable in a variety of cases.
So badly?But I've heard that the corvettes is a household name in the United States, and very civilians.
Re: Corvettes And Ferrari 360 by Trac: 9:20pm On Aug 28, 2012
luyang114114:
So badly?But I've heard that the corvettes is a household name in the United States, and very civilians.

Corvettes are cheap cars. It is also part of the counter-culture of the 60's (Rock/Doo-Wop/Motown) and it draws a lot of attention from Americans than other cars would. Many that know nothing about cars may know what a Corvette is. Europeans don't term the Corvette a supercar because it fails to meet a standard plus it is widely known not to be able to "make a turn." I really didn't get your expression as "a household name" but if you meant common, then I cannot vouch for that. I rarely see them. I did see a bunch of them at the Corvette event and it wasn't that big and I was passing by. There is nothing to impress you about those vehicles.

luyang114114:

I want to believe you meant the word "civilised."

It is NOT a civilised car -- matter of fact, it is a mess. From an intellectual understanding of a motor vehicle wrt design, this shares the same engineering as a tractor save for light materials/component and more powerful engine, long bonnet and a truncated rear. The recipe is about the same and this includes the suspension also. Some Corvettes now have the magnetic ride (MR) suspension and that about what's good. Suspension is a part of the chassis and cannot make a bad chassis good; how much more excellent.

Civilised??!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9_w8ETrQPc - Watch those that congregated around the scene, taking pictures. The driver's comment can be observed from two aspects. He was either lying - talking from a false outlook or behind the wheel it didn't seem like he was going fast. You have a false sense of security in a Corvette. Part of it is due to its lowered and excessively wider track width and wide tyres: you go from 100% grip to 0% grip with little to no feedback.

The Woodlands

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzlg3oQMze4 - This is how it performs on dry road. What is its portion on wet and icy roads.

Dallas Cars and Coffee event

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDi7OSTHbwQ - another display where power cannot be put to the ground.

This is Cars and Coffee event in Houston
To those familiar with the location, nothing can go wrong on that surface road from a standstill and alone to 30mph. It fails to make an angular turn from a standstill on an open legal road on a dry sunny day. When a high-performance car at high-speed bring you to a corner (within its envelope), it is suppose to go round or about that corner. This already has failed at a standstill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmkntJ96aeo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhaYP6a-G3s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t70h5NBwBq0& - note - the speed limit is 40mph and a vehicle is done misbehaving in demonstration before it got to half of it.

Rainy day - the driver was trying to display to impress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tU7FndBwCP8&

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGeZ-u1JWNw - fails under a rolling linear acceleration

This isn't worth the money no matter how cheap. The technology also is very old. It is not good on road, it isn't good on track. You have to be a professional racecar driver to be able to tame this in its entire "spectrum" for they are the one's with the depth of experience. Don't pay any mind to the reviews you read of the internet. Most of them are not journalists and worse of all, many don't know anything about cars or live with the cars they drive. Some of the cars are poorly tested and then recommended as a "must-have." The Corvette is an over-hyped vehicle and very primitive in design. It is also full of plastic and you will be getting rid of it real quick because it isn't worth the money.

In summary, it is unpredictable in a straight line (under acceleration) and it cannot take a corner: this is in reference to its performance way-below its performance envelope limits. It is not close in performance to the Lambo's or the Ferrari.
Re: Corvettes And Ferrari 360 by sultaan(m): 3:06am On Aug 29, 2012
But there are lots of videos on youtube showing people crashing their Ferrari and Lambos too.I think its a very good car for 1/5 the price of Ferrari

$45k compared to $200k.

All the accidents show drivers going too hard on their throttle, spinning out the wheels.The Corvette is a great track ready car not refined for the roadway,but highway rides low, widetracks and tires.Interior might have too much plastic but the car is all about value and with the ZR1 Corvette it smokes all the $200k plus super cars out there for about half the price($120k).

Corvette is a sport car, not luxury,nor luxury-sport.

There is a reason for some people to buy a Factory Five instead of Mercedes SLS
Re: Corvettes And Ferrari 360 by luyang114114: 7:28am On Aug 29, 2012
Trac:

Corvettes are cheap cars. It is also part of the counter-culture of the 60's (Rock/Doo-Wop/Motown) and it draws a lot of attention from Americans than other cars would. Many that know nothing about cars may know what a Corvette is. Europeans don't term the Corvette a supercar because it fails to meet a standard plus it is widely known not to be able to "make a turn." I really didn't get your expression as "a household name" but if you meant common, then I cannot vouch for that. I rarely see them. I did see a bunch of them at the Corvette event and it wasn't that big and I was passing by. There is nothing to impress you about those vehicles.

I want to believe you meant the word "civilised."

It is NOT a civilised car -- matter of fact, it is a mess. From an intellectual understanding of a motor vehicle wrt design, this shares the same engineering as a tractor save for light materials/component and more powerful engine, long bonnet and a truncated rear. The recipe is about the same and this includes the suspension also. Some Corvettes now have the magnetic ride (MR) suspension and that about what's good. Suspension is a part of the chassis and cannot make a bad chassis good; how much more excellent.

Civilised??!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9_w8ETrQPc - Watch those that congregated around the scene, taking pictures. The driver's comment can be observed from two aspects. He was either lying - talking from a false outlook or behind the wheel it didn't seem like he was going fast. You have a false sense of security in a Corvette. Part of it is due to its lowered and excessively wider track width and wide tyres: you go from 100% grip to 0% grip with little to no feedback.

The Woodlands

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzlg3oQMze4 - This is how it performs on dry road. What is its portion on wet and icy roads.

Dallas Cars and Coffee event

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDi7OSTHbwQ - another display where power cannot be put to the ground.

This is Cars and Coffee event in Houston
To those familiar with the location, nothing can go wrong on that surface road from a standstill and alone to 30mph. It fails to make an angular turn from a standstill on an open legal road on a dry sunny day. When a high-performance car at high-speed bring you to a corner (within its envelope), it is suppose to go round or about that corner. This already has failed at a standstill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmkntJ96aeo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhaYP6a-G3s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t70h5NBwBq0& - note - the speed limit is 40mph and a vehicle is done misbehaving in demonstration before it got to half of it.

Rainy day - the driver was trying to display to impress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tU7FndBwCP8&

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGeZ-u1JWNw - fails under a rolling linear acceleration

This isn't worth the money no matter how cheap. The technology also is very old. It is not good on road, it isn't good on track. You have to be a professional racecar driver to be able to tame this in its entire "spectrum" for they are the one's with the depth of experience. Don't pay any mind to the reviews you read of the internet. Most of them are not journalists and worse of all, many don't know anything about cars or live with the cars they drive. Some of the cars are poorly tested and then recommended as a "must-have." The Corvette is an over-hyped vehicle and very primitive in design. It is also full of plastic and you will be getting rid of it real quick because it isn't worth the money.

In summary, it is unpredictable in a straight line (under acceleration) and it cannot take a corner: this is in reference to its performance way-below its performance envelope limits. It is not close in performance to the Lambo's or the Ferrari.
Did you meant “the corvettes said the Internet is so good”,it's wrong? It is not safe?
Re: Corvettes And Ferrari 360 by luyang114114: 7:36am On Aug 29, 2012
sultaan: But there are lots of videos on youtube showing people crashing their Ferrari and Lambos too.I think its a very good car for 1/5 the price of Ferrari

$45k compared to $200k.

All the accidents show drivers going too hard on their throttle, spinning out the wheels.The Corvette is a great track ready car not refined for the roadway,but highway rides low, widetracks and tires.Interior might have too much plastic but the car is all about value and with the ZR1 Corvette it smokes all the $200k plus super cars out there for about half the price($120k).

Corvette is a sport car, not luxury,nor luxury-sport.

There is a reason for some people to buy a Factory Five instead of Mercedes SLS
Everyone has their own opinion, maybe I should give it a try to see Which is better smiley
Re: Corvettes And Ferrari 360 by Trac: 5:47am On Sep 02, 2012
luyang114114:
Did you meant “the corvettes said the Internet is so good”,it's wrong? It is not safe?

It is not a safe car.
Re: Corvettes And Ferrari 360 by Trac: 2:09am On Apr 12, 2013
luyang114114:
Everyone has their own opinion, maybe I should give it a try to see Which is better smiley

I understand this is late. Luckily, I had the response archived. I do not mean to revive the thread but posts keep vapourising. This response has been on my desktop for a few months. The pdf is attached. This was my response that was hidden.

Re: Corvettes And Ferrari 360 by Nobody: 3:28am On Apr 12, 2013
Trac, have you owned a Corvette or driven oen for a reasonable length of time?

I doubt that you have.

I've owned Corvettes and I have a friend who owns a stable of Corvettes and a Ferrari (not sure of the model of the top of my head).

Corvettes are not the death traps and unsavory mechanical contraption that you make them to be.

OP, what are you after?

Ferraris are great cars, they offer differing models and prices are all over the place.

Chevrolet makes fantastic cars, the Corvette is one of them. The newer ones are first rate world cars. They are not Ferraris but that is not a bad thing. a BMW 750Li is not a Bentley, an Audi A8L is not a Maybach. They are all different animals.
Re: Corvettes And Ferrari 360 by Ivvie: 8:42am On Apr 13, 2013
Somorin#1:
Trac, have you owned a Corvette or driven oen for a reasonable length of time?

I doubt that you have.

I've owned Corvettes and I have a friend who owns a stable of Corvettes and a Ferrari (not sure of the model of the top of my head).

Corvettes are not the death traps and unsavory mechanical contraption that you make them to be.

OP, what are you after?

Ferraris are great cars, they offer differing models and prices are all over the place.

Chevrolet makes fantastic cars, the Corvette is one of them. The newer ones are first rate world cars. They are not Ferraris but that is not a bad thing. a BMW 750Li is not a Bentley, an Audi A8L is not a Maybach. They are all different animals.

It's Trac here. This is my original profile; started in 2007. Ikenna banned me because I reproved him; that's another post entirely.

True; I have never owned a Corvette, nor driven one. To drive a Corvette requires a "technique." A BMW does not really require a technique for taming. A Mercedes requires a technique, due to its soft turn-in, enormous torque and the feedback from the steer-wheels. Most people that own a Corvette cannot tame it. It is a problem when linear acceleration is performed and the limit has been exceeded. As long as the Corvette is still built on the solid suspension, it's not a car that will dial into corners well without a technique suitable to tame it. No doubt; it's got some serious g's (V2/R) - but that's due to its huge tyres, low clearance, stiff setup and factored downforce . With this recipe, its break-away envelope (buffer) is almost non-existent. This is not a car for the recreational experienced racer. In my personal opinion, they belong to the professional race drivers. It is easy getting to the Corvette's limit, due to its primitive chassis. Ever so, because of the solid axle setup. The chassis makes all the difference. Driving a Corvette at 80% of its potential is not an easy task and maintaining consistency. For most people, it's not possible.

P.S. I'll respond to the pending post at the other thread when my current account is lifted from the ban. I've escalated the issue to Seun at the moment and feedback may not be timely.
Re: Corvettes And Ferrari 360 by sultaan(m): 7:37pm On Apr 13, 2013
Ivvie:

It's Trac here. This is my original profile; started in 2007. Ikenna banned me because I reproved him; that's another post entirely.

True; I have never owned a Corvette, nor driven one. To drive a Corvette requires a "technique." A BMW does not really require a technique for taming. A Mercedes requires a technique, due to its soft turn-in, enormous torque and the feedback from the steer-wheels. Most people that own a Corvette cannot tame it. It is a problem when linear acceleration is performed and the limit has been exceeded. As long as the Corvette is still built on the solid suspension, it's not a car that will dial into corners well without a technique suitable to tame it. No doubt; it's got some serious g's (V2/R) - but that's due to its huge tyres, low clearance, stiff setup and factored downforce . With this recipe, its break-away envelope (buffer) is almost non-existent. This is not a car for the recreational experienced racer. In my personal opinion, they belong to the professional race drivers. It is easy getting to the Corvette's limit, due to its primitive chassis. Ever so, because of the solid axle setup. The chassis makes all the difference. Driving a Corvette at 80% of its potential is not an easy task and maintaining consistency. For most people, it's not possible.

P.S. I'll respond to the pending post at the other thread when my current account is lifted from the ban. I've escalated the issue to Seun at the moment and feedback may not be timely.

Basically what I understand here is the driver has to be able to handle a 430+hp 0-60 in 4.1 secs RWD when compared to a 200-300hp BMW FWD different individuals have their preference which is why some like the Viper.

It is a fact that most who have the money for a Corvette don't not have the skills to handle it so don't blame the car.

If a car has to be compared to a BMW is should be the Cadillac and the Cadillac has beaten the BMW in several tests so this is all by individual preference if you see cars you like take a test drive, look at your wallet and make your pick
Re: Corvettes And Ferrari 360 by yungboss(m): 9:40am On Apr 14, 2013
sultaan:

Basically what I understand here is the driver has to be able to handle a 430+hp 0-60 in 4.1 secs RWD when compared to a 200-300hp BMW FWD different individuals have their preference which is why some like the Viper.

It is a fact that most who have the money for a Corvette don't not have the skills to handle it so don't blame the car.

If a car has to be compared to a BMW is should be the Cadillac and the Cadillac has beaten the BMW in several tests so this is all by individual preference if you see cars you like take a test drive, look at your wallet and make your pick
no BMW has ever been a FWD...the BMW gtr=3.7s from nought to 60...
Re: Corvettes And Ferrari 360 by Nobody: 6:21am On Apr 17, 2013
Ivvie:

Where are you getting all this from? Man, you really need to go to a driving/racing class in Irving to get behind some fast cars.

A Corvette is a very civilized well handling and safe car.

A car is a tool like a knife. You can use it to peel an orange or use it to cut your jugular vein. You can easily kill yourself in a Trabant if you take it to the edge of it's envelope and abuse it.

If you're an Autoist like me, you're really doing all of us a disfavor by promoting this untruths.

Get behind a modern Corvette and then report back. I wish to read of your own personal experiences and not rehash from YouTube and the web.

Please.
Re: Corvettes And Ferrari 360 by Trac: 7:03am On Apr 20, 2013
sultaan:

You are correct! An individual that can tame a vehicle and gives in return identical time trials is considered as "consistent." Improving and taming a vehicle is not easier said than achieved.

The Viper is another character of an animal. The Corvette is mild-mannered in comparison.

Somorin#1:

Where are you getting all this from? Man, you really need to go to a driving/racing class in Irving to get behind some fast cars.

A Corvette is a very civilized well handling and safe car.

A car is a tool like a knife. You can use it to peel an orange or use it to cut your jugular vein. You can easily kill yourself in a Trabant if you take it to the edge of it's envelope and abuse it.

If you're an Autoist like me, you're really doing all of us a disfavor by promoting this untruths.

Get behind a modern Corvette and then report back. I wish to read of your own personal experiences and not rehash from YouTube and the web.

Please.

I'm not a slouch to chassis, suspension configurations and how they work. There are calculations and vectors to buttress my conclusions but I suppressed it for the purpose of this thread. I'm not a race-enthusiast or autoist (as you say); neither am I passionate about cars. This is not to say I don't understand the principles of going fast. My approach to the motor vehicle is different from yours. I was completely aware when I typed all I have accomplished in this thread.

If your claim is the modern Corvette is not what I have stated, I will take your word for it. If it's still based on the solid (leaf) spring suspension, I'm afraid to tell you that it's still a very difficult car to drive and a poor handling car for most users. The potentials will never change. There is very little that can be done with a suspension setup that is 1930's. The recent figures I am aware of relative to the Corvette is around the 650hp figure. I believe it is more now. A vehicle that gives over 1g-g will definitely handle well far below its limit. It is a different thing driving at its limit.

If you drove the Corvette at its limit and tamed it, then you have my respect as an advanced driver. The videos were just a mirror to what the real-deal is. To be factual, that is how the Corvette is.

It is best an interested user is shown the both sides of this vehicle. It is not a standard car but an extreme high performance car in a very raw state. It's not a vehicle for everyone. Sure, they are fun to drive but they are based on primitive technology; hence its price. That's what the market wants.
Re: Corvettes And Ferrari 360 by Nobody: 10:01am On Apr 21, 2013
Trac:

You are correct! An individual that can tame a vehicle and gives in return identical time trials is considered as "consistent." Improving and taming a vehicle is not easier said than achieved.

The Viper is another character of an animal. The Corvette is mild-mannered in comparison.

I'm not a slouch to chassis, suspension configurations and how they work. There are calculations and vectors to buttress my conclusions but I suppressed it for the purpose of this thread. I'm not a race-enthusiast or autoist (as you say); neither am I passionate about cars. This is not to say I don't understand the principles of going fast. My approach to the motor vehicle is different from yours. I was completely aware when I typed all I have accomplished in this thread.

If your claim is the modern Corvette is not what I have stated, I will take your word for it. If it's still based on the solid (leaf) spring suspension, I'm afraid to tell you that it's still a very difficult car to drive and a poor handling car for most users. The potentials will never change. There is very little that can be done with a suspension setup that is 1930's. The recent figures I am aware of relative to the Corvette is around the 650hp figure. I believe it is more now. A vehicle that gives over 1g-g will definitely handle well far below its limit. It is a different thing driving at its limit.

If you drove the Corvette at its limit and tamed it, then you have my respect as an advanced driver. The videos were just a mirror to what the real-deal is. To be factual, that is how the Corvette is.

It is best an interested user is shown the both sides of this vehicle. It is not a standard car but an extreme high performance car in a very raw state. It's not a vehicle for everyone. Sure, they are fun to drive but they are based on primitive technology; hence its price. That's what the market wants.

Let me know if you ever put in some seat time in either one of them.

Until then, this debate will be fruitless.

Good day.
Re: Corvettes And Ferrari 360 by sultaan(m): 8:33pm On Apr 21, 2013
I can't handle a Ford Mustang GT at its limit, and I have had a couple of close calls in my 240hp, 228ft/lb Ford Fusion not because it is bad but i underestimated what is can do at over 3000rpm. So if I get into a Corvette and try to make a turn at 4000rpm, you should know I'm begging for trouble.

For every driver is a car, but there is not a car for every driver. Trac this is what you have to accept you may not like is but your opinion of what a car should be/do is not the same as others if they sell 10x Corvette than Ferrari at 1/3 the price.

If you believe you can design a better car, there is a job waiting for you at Toyota because the only thing they have out there is a Scion with Subaru engine in it.

1 Like

Re: Corvettes And Ferrari 360 by Trac: 8:34am On Apr 22, 2013
sultaan: I can't handle a Ford Mustang GT at its limit, and I have had a couple of close calls in my 240hp, 228ft/lb Ford Fusion not because it is bad but i underestimated what is can do at over 3000rpm. So if I get into a Corvette and try to make a turn at 4000rpm, you should know I'm begging for trouble.

For every driver is a car, but there is not a car for every driver. Trac this is what you have to accept you may not like is but your opinion of what a car should be/do is not the same as others if they sell 10x Corvette than Ferrari at 1/3 the price.

If you believe you can design a better car, there is a job waiting for you at Toyota because the only thing they have out there is a Scion with Subaru engine in it.

I thought deeply about this and was displeased. The topic of the post was a choice comparison between a Ferrari and a Corvette. The right answer is a Ferrari as a vehicle of choice. My conclusions were not extreme but good judgement to fore-warn anyone about a Corvette. I find it wrong to advice a person on a car that for many years was rated as the highest fatality car by the IIHS per 10,000 registered. The practicality is overwhelming. Many rollovers and undesired behaviors and fatalities. What is common with all the drivers alive, dead and 'Vette-ophiles? They'll all (past/present) tell that the Corvette is an excellent car. The first thing a Corvette owner would when the capability to own a Lambo would do is rid the Corvette. People purchase it because it is cheap. They don't mind accepting its clumsiness (both in build and performance). A-third of the price of a super car with GM making a profit over the-third of a price speaks reasonable volumes. How else would you make a car for a-third the price and make profit doing so while increasing shareholders value? A car with the suspension of a carriage (horse/ox) and dampers; with an excess of 650hp+ to relate with. This is as putting lipstick on a pig and passing the blame when expectations don't meet up.

Vehicle composure issues at 3,000rpm says a lot. The reference should not be [that] you are asking for trouble under the 'Vette's 4,000 rpm range but to question why the sudden outcome on your Ford Fusion with 240hp+. -- matter of fact, you are seriously asking for trouble when you take the keys and approach a 'Vette (if that's your testimony). You should be worried about taking off at a stand-still and accelerating at any given velocity than making a turn. You will do yourself a lot of good by learning and appreciating the purpose of the independent suspension layout than defending this primitive setup that the Egyptians used in the construction of their pyramids and civilisation; the same layout used as farm cart.

A wise man sees trouble and avoids it. You don't experience situations to learn an experience. You flee from it. Likewise, no one deserves to be counseled to buy a Corvette when its capabilities for misbehaving is unpredictable. Nobdody wants to pay a rude price with his/her life for something this senseless. The coffee-&-cars incident (video #4 & 5; posted in this thread) is just enough as close as it can get. If any vehicle can go wrong on such grade of coarse-tarmac at a rolling 10mph, there is much to dislike about such a vehicle. People were at the curb. There is no 100% assurance that you can accelerate linearly at any rolling acceleration. News reports, IIHS statistics and live-encounters should be enough to deter anyone from such a pile of junk.

Favouring a car over price at the expense of basic objectives is unjust. Counselling or passing advice on that notion is wicked. There is no contest to the topic. The Corvette is a bad car and that's it. If the original poster has the money, the Ferrari should be the option of choice. I don't care about personal experiences neither do I care how great the car is. No right-minded family man that has duties and obligation to tend for a family and love-ones would buy such and bank his life upon it that will be well. A lot of people should spend time making a better milestone of humanity; not dumping money on how the Corvette will go faster and proving to the world how fast they can careen through on open roads where commuters share. Some exclusive high performance manufacturers will not sell some models to individuals; even if the money is upfront. Some will only release the keys to you but not the vehicle after millions of dollars are spent. The Corvette is sold as a road-going car and it's road legal; yet it is questionable under the rain: unpredictable under dry tarmac. If you want to buy a Corvette; buy one. Don't advice another about how lovely it is and blame all other drivers for how incompetent they were.

That heap of a waste is best suited in a controlled environment.

This is my conclusion and would make no further comments. Anyone with a brain that functions well will be true to himself instead of deceiving that: this is a poorly built car: not be enticed by the car's bait of cheap price.

N.B. Wrong! Toyota has made supercars with great potentials. It is called LFA under the Lexus title. Another is the 88C. They also have the MR2 or something like that.
Re: Corvettes And Ferrari 360 by sultaan(m): 11:04pm On Apr 22, 2013
Re: Corvettes And Ferrari 360 by Nobody: 11:25am On Apr 23, 2013
Trac:

I thought deeply about this and was displeased. The topic of the post was a choice comparison between a Ferrari and a Corvette. The right answer is a Ferrari as a vehicle of choice. My conclusions were not extreme but good judgement to fore-warn anyone about a Corvette. I find it wrong to advice a person on a car that for many years was rated as the highest fatality car by the IIHS per 10,000 registered. The practicality is overwhelming. Many rollovers and undesired behaviors and fatalities. What is common with all the drivers alive, dead and 'Vette-ophiles? They'll all (past/present) tell that the Corvette is an excellent car. The first thing a Corvette owner would when the capability to own a Lambo would do is rid the Corvette. People purchase it because it is cheap. They don't mind accepting its clumsiness (both in build and performance). A-third of the price of a super car with GM making a profit over the-third of a price speaks reasonable volumes. How else would you make a car for a-third the price and make profit doing so while increasing shareholders value? A car with the suspension of a carriage (horse/ox) and dampers; with an excess of 650hp+ to relate with. This is as putting lipstick on a pig and passing the blame when expectations don't meet up.

Vehicle composure issues at 3,000rpm says a lot. The reference should not be [that] you are asking for trouble under the 'Vette's 4,000 rpm range but to question why the sudden outcome on your Ford Fusion with 240hp+. -- matter of fact, you are seriously asking for trouble when you take the keys and approach a 'Vette (if that's your testimony). You should be worried about taking off at a stand-still and accelerating at any given velocity than making a turn. You will do yourself a lot of good by learning and appreciating the purpose of the independent suspension layout than defending this primitive setup that the Egyptians used in the construction of their pyramids and civilisation; the same layout used as farm cart.

A wise man sees trouble and avoids it. You don't experience situations to learn an experience. You flee from it. Likewise, no one deserves to be counseled to buy a Corvette when its capabilities for misbehaving is unpredictable. Nobdody wants to pay a rude price with his/her life for something this senseless. The coffee-&-cars incident (video #4 & 5; posted in this thread) is just enough as close as it can get. If any vehicle can go wrong on such grade of coarse-tarmac at a rolling 10mph, there is much to dislike about such a vehicle. People were at the curb. There is no 100% assurance that you can accelerate linearly at any rolling acceleration. News reports, IIHS statistics and live-encounters should be enough to deter anyone from such a pile of junk.

Favouring a car over price at the expense of basic objectives is unjust. Counselling or passing advice on that notion is wicked. There is no contest to the topic. The Corvette is a bad car and that's it. If the original poster has the money, the Ferrari should be the option of choice. I don't care about personal experiences neither do I care how great the car is. No right-minded family man that has duties and obligation to tend for a family and love-ones would buy such and bank his life upon it that will be well. A lot of people should spend time making a better milestone of humanity; not dumping money on how the Corvette will go faster and proving to the world how fast they can careen through on open roads where commuters share. Some exclusive high performance manufacturers will not sell some models to individuals; even if the money is upfront. Some will only release the keys to you but not the vehicle after millions of dollars are spent. The Corvette is sold as a road-going car and it's road legal; yet it is questionable under the rain: unpredictable under dry tarmac. If you want to buy a Corvette; buy one. Don't advice another about how lovely it is and blame all other drivers for how incompetent they were.

That heap of a waste is best suited in a controlled environment.

This is my conclusion and would make no further comments. Anyone with a brain that functions well will be true to himself instead of deceiving that: this is a poorly built car: not be enticed by the car's bait of cheap price.

N.B. Wrong! Toyota has made supercars with great potentials. It is called LFA under the Lexus title. Another is the 88C. They also have the MR2 or something like that.

Your lack of automotive acumen is on a dangerous level.

It would be funny if you weren't making this elaborate idiotic suggestions.

An MR2 is now a supercar?

The 2ng generation MR2 with turbo engine is arguably more dangerous than any vette.

Only a complete idiot would heed any of your silly suggestions.
Re: Corvettes And Ferrari 360 by Nobody: 12:56pm On Apr 23, 2013
Somorin#1:

Your lack of automotive acumen is on a dangerous level.

It would be funny if you weren't making this elaborate idiotic suggestions.

An MR2 is now a supercar?

The 2ng generation MR2 with turbo engine is arguably more dangerous than any vette.

Only a complete idiot would heed any of your silly suggestions.
The above comment is extremely rude and unnecessary! Na wetin!!! Can't you present ur argument in a polite manner?! This aint the politics section...
Re: Corvettes And Ferrari 360 by yungboss(m): 3:19pm On Apr 23, 2013
platinumricky:
The above comment is extremely rude and unnecessary! Na wetin!!! Can't you present ur argument in a polite manner?! This aint the politics section...
"cartalk", lately has been very hostile...
Re: Corvettes And Ferrari 360 by Nobody: 3:30pm On Apr 23, 2013
yungboss:
"cartalk", lately has been very hostile...
i thought i was the only one who observed it.
Re: Corvettes And Ferrari 360 by Nobody: 6:49pm On Apr 23, 2013
platinumricky:

Your opinion.
Re: Corvettes And Ferrari 360 by Nobody: 8:39pm On Apr 23, 2013
Somorin#1:

Your opinion.
keep ur pride/ego/arrogance in check...
Re: Corvettes And Ferrari 360 by Nobody: 5:52am On Apr 24, 2013
platinumricky: keep ur pride/ego/arrogance in check...

Likewise, eTuffGuy, likewise.

(1) (2) (Reply)

2005 Honda Accord EX Jerking Issues / Peugeot 407 Transmission Fault / Why Do People Call Imported Second Hand Products Belgium

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.