Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,342 members, 7,822,620 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

Can Evil Ones Torment Christians? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Evil Ones Torment Christians? (1100 Views)

Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment / If Eternal Torment Is True, Then Where Is This Plain Teaching In The Tenach / Eternal Torment and a Merciful GOD - Goshen and Co, feedback needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Evil Ones Torment Christians? by Ayomivic(m): 9:45am On Aug 25, 2012
CAN EVIL ONES TORMENT CHRISTIANS ?

Let me first answer this question and if iam wrong or right please let me know.

According to the bible, the answer to the above question is no. I think we christians are the problem of ourself and that was the reason some call christians are been tormented by evil ones.We claimed to be christian whereas we are not. Let me start by asking this question.
who is christian ?
We all know that the meaning of christians is people like christ. Then, who is christ ?
Christ was an holy man who really obeyed God by doing the will of God. If we are christians as we claimed, we need to do the will of God.

If we are real christians the bible makes us to understand that evil one can not touch or torment us.

"We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not" (1 John 5:18).

this verse shows that Satan respects the child of God because, he fears the present of God that is in them.When we obey God, his face we be upon us to protect and bless us and if we call on him he answers quickly.This was the reason Jesus said
"But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness (seek to obey God) and all these things (protection, material things) shall be added onto you" (Mathew 6:33)

If we are secretly committing sins,that is when we open doors for Satan or invited Satan to torment us. He can use that oppotunity to enslave his victims, to disgrace them and drag them to hell, if care is not taking. Many christian when they are in one problem or the other, they will started runing from piller to post, from one pastor to other to offer prayers instead of examine themself to see if they have unknow or intensionaly paved way for satan or his agents .If we found this to be the couses,What we need to do is to make amendment of our way, by confessing our sin to God or returning what we have wrongly taken from others and make sure we do not continue in that evil way again. The Bible says

"People who conceal their sins will not prosper, but if they confess and turn from them, they will receive mercy" (proverbs 28:13)

"If we confess our sins,he is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sin and cleans us from unrighteousness" (1 John 1; 9)

Many people want deliverance from God in time of truble but they are not ready to forsake their sins .They want to collect but not willing to give.This is difficult. the Bible says

"What shal we say then?Shall we continue in sin,that grace may abound?,God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin live any longer therein? (Romans 6:1-2)

we should also know that, some time this so call problem or affilction is good because it brings us back to God before it is to late. When we are afflicted, we tend to turn back to God for mercy.

"Then i will return to my place until they admit their guilt and turn to me.For as as soon as trouble comes, they will earnestly search for me" (Hosea 5;15)

But if we examine ourself in time of truble or affilction and discover that we have not done anything wrong to deserve what we are passing through as Job did. then let us be happy because it is a temptation, and at the end of any temption no matter how long it is, there must be joy.

The world is full of temptations for we Christians.The bible call Satan "the tempter".

I can say temptation is good and in other hand terrible for christian.The reason i said this is that,Temptation help us to know our stand in faith by putting us to test to see if we are doing or know what God wants . It give joy to christian if we over come it. But if it over come Christians, it can lead to terrible things.

I think there are two types of temtation.First, Satan can tempt us to regect God and go in the way of world when we are facing hardship of life.This is the kind of temptation that Job faced.

Secondly, Satan can show us the beauty and goodness of wordly things to make us disobey God.This is type of temptation that Adam and Eve faced in the garden of Eden.Jesus also faced these two kinds of temptations together.

"Watch and pray so that you will not fall into into temptation"( Mathew 26:41)

in short, christian as nothing to fear, if they are really at God saide.
I pray God we help us to always do what pleases hin in Jesus name .Amen
Re: Can Evil Ones Torment Christians? by OmoAlata(f): 9:58am On Aug 25, 2012
Ayomivic:
If we are secretly committing sins,that is when we open doors for Satan or invited Satan to torment us.

Absolutely. He then has a ground against us.
Re: Can Evil Ones Torment Christians? by Joagbaje(m): 5:44am On Aug 26, 2012
evil one can torment or even kill a christian if he give room to it. if you dont live by faith, if you dont walk in love. the enemy can afflict youmand kill. even if youre a minister who has power to heal.
Re: Can Evil Ones Torment Christians? by ijawkid(m): 6:48am On Aug 26, 2012
Yeah evil ones can tempt or torment us physically.....ofcus!!!!!!

We can be persecuted,beaten,slapped just like it happened to Jesus,spat on, or even killed........

Its very true we can be tormented.......

No christian can be torment free in this time of the end.....except d christians lives outside this planet....:-)
Re: Can Evil Ones Torment Christians? by Delafruita(m): 7:49am On Aug 26, 2012
Joagbaje: evil one can torment or even kill a christian if he give room to it. if you dont live by faith, if you dont walk in love. the enemy can afflict youmand kill. even if youre a minister who has power to heal.
how did job "give room for it"?
Re: Can Evil Ones Torment Christians? by OmoAlata(f): 8:18am On Aug 26, 2012
Delafruita:
how did job "give room for it"?

Job 3:25

New International Version (NIV)

25 What I feared has come upon me; what I dreaded has happened to me.

Fear is a sin. The Bible says, "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear.
Re: Can Evil Ones Torment Christians? by Areaboy2(m): 11:53am On Aug 26, 2012
Omo Alata:

Job 3:25

New International Version (NIV)

25 What I feared has come upon me; what I dreaded has happened to me.

Fear is a sin. The Bible says, "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear.

What the hell are you talking about?

Fear is what preserved the human race. It is a natural feeling like love, anger, hate and every other similar sort.
If your ancestors never feared anything, you and me wont be here today undecided
Re: Can Evil Ones Torment Christians? by delkuf(m): 12:22pm On Aug 26, 2012
Let me come in. There is fear and there is spirit of fear. If u notice, God said He has not given us the spirit of fear. Area boy, the fear u are talking abt is the nature fear. b
But wen the devil wht to wrk he send the spirit of fear.
Re: Can Evil Ones Torment Christians? by OmoAlata(f): 6:11pm On Aug 26, 2012
delkuf: Let me come in. There is fear and there is spirit of fear. If u notice, God said He has not given us the spirit of fear. Area boy, the fear u are talking abt is the nature fear. b

You tell him grin
Re: Can Evil Ones Torment Christians? by danwo: 7:38pm On Aug 26, 2012
Ayomivic: CAN EVIL ONES TORMENT CHRISTIANS ?

Let me first answer this question and if iam wrong or right please let me know.

in short, christian as nothing to fear, if they are really at God saide.

I pray God we help us to always do what pleases hin in Jesus name .Amen

@Ayomivic

Also it depends on which fear we are referring to here.

If christians guards all gates to the heart

(i.e.
eyes - what to see
ears - from what to hear
mouth - from what to speak
flesh - from what is sensual)

then of course, the christian has no cause to have an unholy fear

We all know the King David and Bathsheba scandal, compare that with how Joseph handled Potiphar's wife.

Area_boy:

What the hell are you talking about?

Fear is what preserved the human race. It is a natural feeling like love, anger, hate and every other similar sort.
If your ancestors never feared anything, you and me wont be here today undecided

delkuf:

Let me come in. There is fear and there is spirit of fear.

If u notice, God said He has not given us the spirit of fear.

Area boy, the fear u are talking abt is the nature fear. b

Omo Alata:

You tell him grin

The fear there, consider the word in perspective

@Area_boy

On the contrary, "Fear is not what preserved the human race"

and it is because "ancestors did not fear, you and me are here today"

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom:
a good understanding have all they that do his commandments:
his praise endures forever
- Psalm 111:10

Though Adam and Eve, slipped up for lack of fear,

yet paradoxically, without subsequent ancestors' to date lack of fear, man could have become extinct from not engaging in hazardous and exciting activities (i.e. the exploration of unknown territory, ideas, inventions etc)

@delkuf

Fear has positive and negative values, fear can be rightly used and can be wrongly used.

God uses fear in a normal way for our benefit, the devil abuses fear in an abnormal way for his benefit

The spirit of fear in 2 Timothy 1:7 actually was referring to timidity.
Re: Can Evil Ones Torment Christians? by mkmyers45(m): 12:35am On Aug 27, 2012
Evil can torment and scare the hell out of a christain so god's will can be fulfilled,it can also come if god and satan decides to set a wager on a soul to test the person.....Job 33:9 'I am pure and without sin; I am clean and free from guilt. Job 1:1 'There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil.

(1) (Reply)

The Whole World Must Hear This / Why God Has To Come In Human Form At All… / T.B Joshua's Wise Man Delivered Didier Drogba's Brother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.