Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,778 members, 7,817,206 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

Lagos Bridges & Chinese Firms - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Bridges & Chinese Firms (982 Views)

Obiano Flags Off Housing Estate Project, Inspects Ongoing Roads, Bridges (photos / People Who Failed To Use Pedestrian Bridges In Lagos Punished (pics) / Senate Summons Fashola Over Falling Bridges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Bridges & Chinese Firms by luvinhubby(m): 11:42am On Aug 25, 2012
A bridge in China built less than one year ago collapsed two days ago killing three people. That makes it the seventh bridge to collapse in less than a year and we have Chinese firms constructing roads & bridges in Lagos. At this rate, are Chinese firms technically reliabe for such jobs in Lagos.
Re: Lagos Bridges & Chinese Firms by homerac7: 11:56am On Aug 25, 2012
7 bridges in a year.

out of how many bridges constructed in d year?

were all constructed at same time or/and by same coy?

were they co-located or dispersed?

what was d failure analysis?

were they designed by same ppl?

who approved d designs?

who did d geotechnicals?

pls nswer ds first b4 i knw wht line of questions to lead u on.

most of u think engineering and construction na moi-moi matter to b analysed by just any fish monger and okada riders.
Re: Lagos Bridges & Chinese Firms by luvinhubby(m): 6:56pm On Aug 25, 2012
homerac7: 7 bridges in a year.

out of how many bri
who did d geotechnicals?

pls nswer ds first b4 i knw wht line of questions to lead u on.

most of u think engineering and construction na moi-moi matter to b analysed by just a
ny fish monger and okada riders.
@ Mr. Technical & engineering guru..We have not gotten to technicals yet, but taking an overview look at the fact that bridges built in their own country are not safe, considering the number of collapses, CAN WE STILL TRUST THEM?
Re: Lagos Bridges & Chinese Firms by homerac7: 6:58am On Aug 26, 2012
^ Mr Enquirer, those r d basis for dat answer. it's what i'm trying to point to u dt it'nnot always an off-hand response when it comes to engineering matters, that's y in most cases u have investigation panels of peers to come to dat judgement.
Re: Lagos Bridges & Chinese Firms by luvinhubby(m): 12:14pm On Aug 26, 2012
Maybe you can do the investigation and give us laymen an informed opinion to either confirm our fears or put our minds to rest. We don't have to wait for a China built bridge to collapse for your likes to come up with a post-tragedy, typical Nigeria response. The essence of the thread is to ask such questions now.
Re: Lagos Bridges & Chinese Firms by EkoIle1: 1:31pm On Aug 26, 2012
luvinhubby: Maybe you can do the investigation and give us laymen an informed opinion to either confirm our fears or put our minds to rest. We don't have to wait for a China built bridge to collapse for your likes to come up with a post-tragedy, typical Nigeria response. The essence of the thread is to ask such questions now.

Beyond layman answers, lay man opinions, layman assumptions and layman guess and comments just like your layman question, what type of answers are you looking for since credible answers to your questions requires technical knowledge and know how just like the other poster pointed out?

This is common sense you know...
Re: Lagos Bridges & Chinese Firms by homerac7: 9:09pm On Aug 26, 2012
^
thnk u Eko Ile for d proper response, i don't know y he talked d way he did. instead of learning and thanking me, he became rude. i wouldnt knw y i shld b d one to supply him info when he's d one dt wants to know. if he only knws what it costs to fund a panel of peers to arrive at such answer, he'd just shut up.
Re: Lagos Bridges & Chinese Firms by ektbear: 10:05pm On Aug 26, 2012
hmm

(1) (Reply)

Fake Ohaneze Ndigbo Joins Kano Protest Against Mohammed Film / Sokoto State In Blackout! / Unban Slimghost Mukina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.