Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,609 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:06 AM

Ok - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ok (3938 Views)

How I Successfully Quit Tramadol, U Too Can Do Same / The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. / Why Are More Married Women In Nigeria Becoming Addicted To The Drug Codeine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ok by Jubal01: 4:04pm On Aug 25, 2012
Ok
Re: Ok by VENUSS(f): 10:51pm On Aug 25, 2012
yes, any tym u feel lyk it, take a glass of water, read ur holy book, leak chocolates or honey,eat and sleep. gudluk.
Re: Ok by Nobody: 2:02am On Aug 26, 2012
What are the symptoms u have that makes u feel ur addicted to tramadol
Re: Ok by Jubal01: 8:55am On Aug 26, 2012
VENUSS: yes, any tym u feel lyk it, take a glass of water, read ur holy book, leak chocolates or honey,eat and sleep. gudluk.
Tnx. I'l do jst dat. I rili wana drop dat habit.
Re: Ok by PHARMTOKI(f): 9:29am On Aug 26, 2012
Hello jubal01. A little word of advice if I may. Tramadol belongs to the class of opiate medications. Drugs of this class usually cause withdrawal symptoms if its use is stopped suddenly. Please see your doctor so that he can advice you on how to taper down your dosage. Cheers.
Re: Ok by Jubal01: 4:58am On Aug 28, 2012
Bt is dia any substitute 2 it?
Re: Ok by Jubal01: 4:38pm On Sep 05, 2012
PHARM.TOKI:
Hello jubal01. A little word of advice if I may. Tramadol belongs to the class of opiate medications. Drugs of this class usually cause withdrawal symptoms if its use is stopped suddenly. Please see your doctor so that he can advice you on how to taper down your dosage. Cheers.
U mean i cnt abruptly stp it?
Re: Ok by dominique(f): 7:19pm On Sep 05, 2012
its not advisible to abruptly stop using the medication you're adicted to. it can trigger a worse relapse. i believe the doctor that prescribed the medicine should be able to give you hint on how to handle the addiction.
Re: Ok by Jubal01: 7:25pm On Sep 06, 2012
dominique: its not advisible to abruptly stop using the medication you're adicted to. it can trigger a worse relapse. i believe the doctor that prescribed the medicine should be able to give you hint on how to handle the addiction.
Tnx alot. I tried stopin it bt wat i felt durin dos 2 days was lyk hell. I couldnt slip @ nyt, was vry nervy alwys etc.
Re: Ok by pslm23(f): 8:13pm On Sep 06, 2012
what kind of dosage are you on??

I have been using Tramadol for the last 3 or 4 years to help with my herniated disc problem but i only take it as needed for pain and only at night! It is not as strong as Hydrocodone but it does create a slight buzz. one time i was foolish and took 2 at once cos my pain was bad, in short, it knocked me out.

Your doc might need to adjust or bring down your dose and gently wean you off of it. Not advisable to just up and quit it. He should either place you on non narcotic pain medication like prescription only Ibruprofen which is a bit stronger than regular Ibruprofen.

The major problems anybody with a serious addiction to pain meds face is liver damage.
Re: Ok by Jubal01: 9:58pm On Sep 07, 2012
[quote author=pslm23]what kind of dosage are you on??

I take 2 in d mrng n 2 @ nyt. Nw i cnt slip witht takin it. *sobs*
Re: Ok by pslm23(f): 2:10am On Sep 08, 2012
[quote author=Jubal01][/quote]

how do you even function when you take two at night? you dosage must be small then. I'm on 50mg and there's no way i can take one not to talk of two during the day? I hope you don't operate machinery or do any kind of driving while on this medication.

Aren't you supposed to only take this when you are in pain?? it's not the kind of medication where they will say take one 3 x a day. This is strictly for pain as it comes!! My advise for real if you are serious about kicking the habit, is to go see the doctor who put you on it and have him taper your dose down gradually. Meanwhile, you can also do yourself a favor by only taking this med when you are in pain and not just willy nilly like that!. best of luck dear!

p.s Talk to your doctor about your insomnia too. he might put you on a non habit forming sleep medication that isn't addictive. until you kick your tramadol addiction completely!
Re: Ok by micklplus(m): 6:54am On Sep 11, 2012
@OP, so sorry about your case.
Personally, I don't take drugs. I am very healthy but, I had to take tramadol when I had an accident earlier this year for severe pain in my jawline, shoulder and hand as prescribed by my doctor.

I was getting close to addiction and how did I stop? I reduced from 4 per day( morning and night) to 2 per day( night only). Then I swiched to ibruprofen. I later switched to Panadol extra and paracetamol and I stopped it eventually.
Re: Ok by tpiander: 3:01am On Sep 19, 2015
Re: Ok by malabite3: 3:34pm On Sep 20, 2015
Why not try the quantum infused hollogram. I could sample you with some if you are in lagos.

(1) (Reply)

Stretch Marks / See Whats Happen To Those That Wish Covid-19 On Leaders(short) / STUDY: 50% Of South Africans Are Obese - Here's Why! (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.