Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,953 members, 7,817,797 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

The Details Of The Name Of The Scam Person I Sent Money In China - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Details Of The Name Of The Scam Person I Sent Money In China (3353 Views)

I Mistakenly Sent Money Twice To An Account (online) HELP !!! / Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers / Sent Money Through Western Union Yet Unable To Withdraw It Through GTB. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Details Of The Name Of The Scam Person I Sent Money In China by felixweah(m): 2:05pm On Dec 31, 2007
http://www.thewholesaleforums.co.uk/forum/bad-supplier-experiences/15465-alibaba-gold-member-scam.html

una see am? for those who trust white guys because his white lol
Re: The Details Of The Name Of The Scam Person I Sent Money In China by MyPeace(f): 11:48am On Jan 02, 2008
we no see anything.  state your case properly cool
Re: The Details Of The Name Of The Scam Person I Sent Money In China by felixweah(m): 3:49pm On Jan 02, 2008
Re: The Details Of The Name Of The Scam Person I Sent Money In China by Dorcasde(f): 3:33pm On Jan 03, 2008
Sorry Poster,

I am a Nigerian based in China, I am into sourcing and procurement. When next you want to do business in China, hallo at me.  Even if you already have a customer whom you  buy from,  pay to them directly while I help double check by talking with them so that they don't feel they are dealing with a stranger they can easily toss and turn around. I speak their language and also get along with them very well.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: The Details Of The Name Of The Scam Person I Sent Money In China by astronp7(m): 5:37pm On Jan 03, 2008
@ felixweah:
Sorry for the lost. Have you tried click on the link on your foot note? It seems not to be working. You may need to modify it in your profile section. Cheers!
Re: The Details Of The Name Of The Scam Person I Sent Money In China by felixweah(m): 12:55pm On Jan 05, 2008
Re: The Details Of The Name Of The Scam Person I Sent Money In China by felixweah(m): 12:56pm On Jan 05, 2008
Dorcasde @ nice to hear from you you can send me mail to felixweah@yahoo.com thanks
Re: The Details Of The Name Of The Scam Person I Sent Money In China by felixweah(m): 11:34pm On Jan 09, 2008
I have just been scammed out of $1100 on www.alibaba.com by a Gold Member. I have dealt and still deal with 2 genuine Alibaba sellers, so I do know that there are decent guys out there in China.

The details of the name of the scam person I sent money to was Deyou Chen in Putian City, Fujian, China. The fradulent company was Xiamen Zhongpin Technology and they are no longer registered on Alibaba, but I am sure that they are still on there using some other name.

Anyway, I have greatly analysed myself to see the signs that I could have picked up to indicate that I was dealing with a scammer/fraudster.

I have prepared a list below of all the current Gold Member sellers on Alibaba who I believe are scammers. There are a few clues:

1. These sellers list many items in many different product categories, normally the highly desirable items such as Laptops, Ipods, top or the range mobile phones, PDAs, GPS Navigation systems, Nike trainers/sneakers, bikinis, jewellery, watches, handbags, This is a big clue that they are out to scam you. Also, some of them state that they are a clothing company yet they are listing products for electrical goods,

2. They are all from Putian City, Fujian Province, China. I have since discovered that this place is rife with fraud.

3. They all request payment via Western Union or T/T (Telegraphic Transfer), where they have bank transfer details it is in the name of a person not a company name. (Please note that I do send money via Western Union to a company that I have been dealing with for 2 years in China, so sending money via Western Union does not necessarily mean that someone is scamming.)

4. They claim to have been trading since before 2007 yet they have only been registered on www.Alibaba.com since 2007. This is another sign of a scam.

5. You will frequently find them available to chat to on Alibab's TradeManager, Yahoo Messenger or MSN at unsociable hours in China. (i.e when most people and legitimate businesses are sleeping in China they are up trying to ensnare you and get you to wire them money. They will give you excuses like they work hard - yes this is correct because they work hard to try to scam you!)

Some of these companies will send you a non-existent tracking no. after you have made payment. The sad thing is that alot of them have been reported to www.Alibaba.com for not sending anything and Alibaba has done absolutely nothing to remove these gold member scammers from their site. I feel like someone with more resources should take some legal action against Alibaba and www.yahoo.com for aiding and abetting rampant fraud. (Yahoo, www.Yahoo.com, owns part of www.Alibaba.com and they get a fee everytime someone registers as a gold member) The way I see it, Alibaba should require extra verification and proof of stock from people applying for Gold membership in Fujian Province, China.

So, I hope I will help prevent others from being scammed too by providing more information on the internet - information which I myself did not have before I sent my money to the female scammer.

The list below contains some of the scammers I have identified. If you are lucky to get your order delivered it will be a fake, like a fake iPhone or a fake Nokia N95. I have read so many instances where people who ordered mobile phones, such as the Nokia N95 have received only what can be described as a toy phone.
Re: The Details Of The Name Of The Scam Person I Sent Money In China by globalaid(m): 2:47am On Jan 11, 2008
@Felixweah, sorry about your loss. Alibaba is not what it used to be again it is full of scammer claiming to be a genuine business people, one thing you have to look for is when the price is ridiculously cheap BEWARE, and never send money to someone you have never had deal with before, the result can be funny. Chinese are born criminal and cheat, the fraud here is so alarming but one just need to play safe, despite the fact i am based here i dont trust them with my money and i always thread carefully when dealing with them.
Re: The Details Of The Name Of The Scam Person I Sent Money In China by nwaba80: 4:27pm On Apr 16, 2011
I also bought USB Flash drives and memory cards worth of $3000.00 from this company www.afialink.net. Their products are genuine unlike the fakes flash drives in market today and they delivers on time. There are good guys in China. Just make sure, you are dealing with some you know. Never send money to any company you don't know. At least I am sure this company www.afialink.net has good service. You may try them too.

www.afialink.net
Re: The Details Of The Name Of The Scam Person I Sent Money In China by Nobody: 10:35am On Apr 17, 2011
nwaba80:

I also bought USB Flash drives and memory cards worth of $3000.00 from this company www.afialink.net. Their products are genuine unlike the fakes flash drives in market today and they delivers on time. There are good guys in China. Just make sure, you are dealing with some you know. Never send money to any company you don't know. At least I am sure this company www.afialink.net has good service. You may try them too.

www.afialink.net

Beware of this website soliciting for buyers. It is risky to deal with this company. The popular Alibaba.com is full of scammers, how much more unknown Afialink. If you have problem who are u going to report to.

If they are serious let them establish office or contact in Nigeria. Nigeria is undeniable a very big market.
Re: The Details Of The Name Of The Scam Person I Sent Money In China by nwaba80: 4:13pm On Apr 17, 2011
Afialink Company Now have office in Nigeria. They have Opened a branch office in Nigeria now. I am very sure of this. I can give you their office address or you can contact them in China to give you their Nigeria office address. One Love!

Check them out:

www.afialink.net

Re: The Details Of The Name Of The Scam Person I Sent Money In China by syntax50: 8:44am On Feb 18, 2019
Dorcasde:
Sorry Poster,

I am a Nigerian based in China, I am into sourcing and procurement. When next you want to do business in China, hallo at me.  Even if you already have a customer whom you  buy from,  pay to them directly while I help double check by talking with them so that they don't feel they are dealing with a stranger they can easily toss and turn around. I speak their language and also get along with them very well.

Cheers
Hallo Dorcasde, am very interested in having a direct contact in China, please can u reach me via whatsapp on 09072748743. Thankx....
Re: The Details Of The Name Of The Scam Person I Sent Money In China by syntax50: 8:44am On Feb 18, 2019
nwaba80:
Afialink Company Now have office in Nigeria. They have Opened a branch office in Nigeria now. I am very sure of this. I can give you their office address or you can contact them in China to give you their Nigeria office address. One Love!

Check them out:

www.afialink.net

STINKY SCAMMER

(1) (Reply)

CCTV Installation.Know Whats Going On @ Home/Office When You're Not Around / What Business In Nigeria Can One Start With 400K? / Starting A Small Scale Busines With 30,000 Naira Wot Can I Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.