Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Advice From Parents After Cynthia-Osokogu's Death - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice From Parents After Cynthia-Osokogu's Death (17328 Views)

2-year-old Girl Disappears From Parents’ Bedside (photo) / Cynthia Osokogu Laid To Rest In Boji-Boji Owa, Delta / What Is Wrong With Men Living With Their Parents After Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice From Parents After Cynthia-Osokogu's Death by pembisco(m): 7:05pm On Aug 27, 2012
Hehehehe! Now we knw doz dt stl eat tank u mama fud
Re: Advice From Parents After Cynthia-Osokogu's Death by LuvMercy(f): 7:59pm On Aug 27, 2012
E no stop girls waka n boys won't stop inviting.na boys dey cause d wahala,dem neva add person for chat,the next tin is, wen am i seeing u? Nigerians dey abuse social network cos of their poor sex conduct. Girls be careful sha.

1 Like

Re: Advice From Parents After Cynthia-Osokogu's Death by cindyrella(f): 8:54pm On Aug 27, 2012
kay9: Cindyrella so u still live with ur parents, eating ''mummy thank u''? Hmm. And when i wan talk sumtin important here, u go put mouth join? Umuazi nawadays sef...

Seun, see, i think its time u started displaying people's age beside their names here o.
ITK,Where u see wei I write say I dey stay wit my parents?
Btw: when did it become a crime for someone to live with their parents? Mtcheeeeeew! If u no get sometin to talk beta shatap before I vex! angry

1 Like

Re: Advice From Parents After Cynthia-Osokogu's Death by Nobody: 10:25pm On Aug 27, 2012
Just delete all the pics you posed by a Hummer and you'll be fine.

I'm already getting enough "Spam" messages from a "Mirable" staying with a Reverend Father in a small town in the middle of the desert who has $6m waiting for me in some swiss bank account. *SMH
Re: Advice From Parents After Cynthia-Osokogu's Death by lumeneng22: 10:26pm On Aug 27, 2012
Efcc should go after these igbo people in lagos. Their lifestyle calls for questioning.Mark zukerberg the owner of facebook uses his brain and not rituals or armed robbery and he is a young boy like these dudes.
Re: Advice From Parents After Cynthia-Osokogu's Death by Spy360(m): 10:37pm On Aug 27, 2012
It's very unfortunate that hers came that way, ours could come in a different way. we ought to be very carefull
Re: Advice From Parents After Cynthia-Osokogu's Death by stagger: 11:34pm On Aug 27, 2012
I used to think some of those parental lectures were unnecessary yarns, especially as a teenager. But now as a parent, I know better, especially as the are far too many more corrupting influences around us.

Right from when I was a kid, I used to remember warnings we were given:

1) Do not open the door to your house for strangers.
2) Never accept money, food, lifts or gifts from strangers.

Such warnings. Now how does a grown girl just take off to go and meet someone she met on Facebook without a chaperone? My wife never goes to any meeting anywhere with a group of people for the first time without two of my enforcers hanging around: you would not even know who they are or what they are doing. Yet even with this incident, we would still see girls doing Aristo runs and entering cars of strangers they do not know, especially in Abuja.
Re: Advice From Parents After Cynthia-Osokogu's Death by dking123: 1:37am On Aug 28, 2012
Happytina: I didnt read d story o! Can someone pls tel me what hapend 2 the said cynthia. Thx in anticipation

R u from the moon?
Re: Advice From Parents After Cynthia-Osokogu's Death by Nobody: 2:41am On Aug 28, 2012
it is a pity.... guys the living must fill her impact but you can now make money online by clicking bellow $20 per day... very simple and it is real
Re: Advice From Parents After Cynthia-Osokogu's Death by AtbuAbdul(m): 6:35am On Aug 28, 2012
Skybancs: it is a pity.... guys the living must fill her impact but you can now make money online by clicking bellow $20 per day... very simple and it is real
hmmm, I smell yahoo yahoo level hia o!
Re: Advice From Parents After Cynthia-Osokogu's Death by princemmab(m): 6:37am On Aug 28, 2012
cynthio: My mum practically took charge of my phone for two days after reading the news.:-(
That's because u r cynthia too
Re: Advice From Parents After Cynthia-Osokogu's Death by Onegai(f): 6:56am On Aug 28, 2012
Cynthia was a young, very soft and sweet girl. She was contacted by people tellling her that she could get merchandise for her boutique cheaply, so she inquired and came down to Lagos, where she was informed the clothes were in a hotel, and she went to inspect them. The murderers, after the incident, proceeded to use her phone to call her friends and family that she was in a hospital in Edo state and requested money be sent to them for her. It was tracing those phone calls that caused them to be caught. Please stop painting this girl as a foolish person who jumped a plane for fun, she was a savvy businesswoman, her first job, she used the funds to set up her boutique so she could be financially independent.
Re: Advice From Parents After Cynthia-Osokogu's Death by jpphilips(m): 8:39am On Aug 28, 2012
1ndidi2: Okay, dad finished his cup of tea, my younger brother brought Sunday Sun newspaper to him, he read through and saw the 'Cynthia' story. Gbam, he beckoned me and asked if i had seen it
I knew what was coming,so I said yes its an old story and ran into my room.

Mum came out with my other bothers and they made the whole story about me because i am a girl, especially mum saying 'every time 'peepeepee' on the phone/computer, becareful o please my daughter

elder brother is even making it worse by telling them More stories about the 'pains of internet' hmm!

RIP to her.

yea!! dats the pain of having semi literate parents, they could have met anywhere with or without FB, i get more business proposals at the church, hang outs, occasions and even in the office.

security calls; oga pesin wan see you, who? he calls a name, not familiar, ok put him or her on the phone,good morning sir; i am a marketer, let him in.im looking for a job, what is your area of specialty, linguistics,sorry we have no need for them grin grin grin

these are daily life scenarios, for effective business to take place, there must be an element of trust. if in doubt ask inspired autos.

i manage a fleet where all the vehicles were procured by someone i don't even know in person from the US, so advice your parents to sit up and think straight.
Re: Advice From Parents After Cynthia-Osokogu's Death by Mpetempe(m): 10:07am On Aug 28, 2012
k9ine: Pls moderator, what language did the OP use in the write-up.
This is a bad piece I have read in recent time.
Bro. Must You Complain?
Re: Advice From Parents After Cynthia-Osokogu's Death by 1ndidi2(f): 10:17am On Aug 28, 2012
jp philips:

yea!! dats the pain of having semi literate parents, they could have met anywhere with or without FB, i get more business proposals at the church, hang outs, occasions and even in the office.

security calls; oga pesin wan see you, who? he calls a name, not familiar, ok put him or her on the phone,good morning sir; i am a marketer, let him in.im looking for a job, what is your area of specialty, linguistics,sorry we have no need for them grin grin grin

these are daily life scenarios, for effective business to take place, there must be an element of trust. if in doubt ask inspired autos.

i manage a fleet where all the vehicles were procured by someone i don't even know in person from the US, so advice your parents to sit up and think straight.

Oga fleet manager- u deserve a standing ovation,u have achieved
In life,congrats! If u have a wife and kids(I feel sorry 4 them)
If u are yet to have them(I feel sorry for them)
Semi literate parents don't trust their children-right.
I'm sure ur parents are well educated,my 'semi literate' parents
Are showing concern about d issue and we are discussing
It like a family should. Its not because they don't trust
Their daughter- u are d one that should get ur self important head to think straight.
And wen u are done with that,get ur superiority airs out of here and go hang out with your
Security woman!

1 Like

Re: Advice From Parents After Cynthia-Osokogu's Death by Nobody: 11:29am On Aug 28, 2012
Luv Mercy: E no stop girls waka n boys won't stop inviting.na boys dey cause d wahala,dem neva add person for chat,the next tin is, wen am i seeing u? Nigerians dey abuse social network cos of their poor sex conduct. Girls be careful sha.
If they invite you, can't you say no. Why be say na boys dey cause the wahala?
Re: Advice From Parents After Cynthia-Osokogu's Death by jpphilips(m): 12:28pm On Aug 28, 2012
1ndidi2:

Oga fleet manager- u deserve a standing ovation,u have achieved
In life,congrats! If u have a wife and kids(I feel sorry 4 them)
If u are yet to have them(I feel sorry for them)
Semi literate parents don't trust their children-right.
I'm sure ur parents are well educated,my 'semi literate' parents
Are showing concern about d issue and we are discussing
It like a family should. Its not because they don't trust
Their daughter- u are d one that should get ur self important head to think straight.
And wen u are done with that,get ur superiority airs out of here and go hang out with your
Security woman!

when you are old enough, we talk.
Re: Advice From Parents After Cynthia-Osokogu's Death by Periwinkle(m): 1:08pm On Aug 28, 2012
Chirolechick: seriously this cynthia story has made parents look @ their daughters wt 1 eye o,
can u imagine my boss @ work got the newspaper and boldly wrote my name on it n the page he wants me to read, that was the 1st thing he gave to me when i said goodmorning, so imagine what he will be saying 2 his daughters, as 4 my parents, especially my dad,hmmmmmmmm, i no fit talk wetin d man tel me sef

NL always makes me laff hard big time....ur boss knows wat he saw, so u shld take him seriously, hahaha, writing ur name above the story? too funny mehn, i'm in the UK and my Dad in naija actually forwarded the link straight to my email....God help us, every body dey look us with one kain eye now oh
Re: Advice From Parents After Cynthia-Osokogu's Death by Englishteacher: 6:49pm On Aug 28, 2012
Royal Roy:
Oh dear, and you actually think you've written in English language?

Trying to make up my mind if its worth any thing to help this confused youth.
@OP, you don't deserve to own a keyboard or whatever that ran your fingers over!
Re: Advice From Parents After Cynthia-Osokogu's Death by kinguwem: 9:37pm On Aug 28, 2012
Curiosity killed the cat. Trust is one of the risks taken in business. The killers are now in trouble because they abused the privilege trusted in them. Cynthia die because men valued money more than honour. They forgot the principle of love, 'love your neighbour as you love yourself'. The killers shall die a disgraceful death and their families shall live in shame and sorrow.
Cynthia, as you go to the great beyond, may your soul rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: Advice From Parents After Cynthia-Osokogu's Death by Bigjane(f): 11:38am On Aug 29, 2012
Luv Mercy: E no stop girls waka n boys won't stop inviting.na boys dey cause d wahala,dem neva add person for chat,the next tin is, wen am i seeing u? Nigerians dey abuse social network cos of their poor sex conduct. Girls be careful sha.

i tire ya ooooooooooo
Re: Advice From Parents After Cynthia-Osokogu's Death by cynthio: 1:20pm On Aug 29, 2012
passionate88: if u r nt boys inclined that means u are definitely a..... No let them catch u o.
Bia, mind urself o. What were u tryn 2 say?
Re: Advice From Parents After Cynthia-Osokogu's Death by Gogeous(f): 1:37pm On Aug 29, 2012
They ar just concerned abt u.every female should xpect dat
Re: Advice From Parents After Cynthia-Osokogu's Death by Nobody: 7:13pm On Aug 29, 2012
jp philips:

A very literate parent will also worry about his/her child(ren)? Literacy has little to do with this. Even broad minded parents who have felt that they had taught their kids the basic stuff on personal security and responsibility still had to appraise and ensure that the knowledge passed is still in their brains,especially after this incident.

2 Likes

Re: Advice From Parents After Cynthia-Osokogu's Death by jpphilips(m): 11:04am On Sep 03, 2012
dabriggs:

A very literate parent will also worry about his/her child(ren)? Literacy has little to do with this. Even broad minded parents who have felt that they had taught their kids the basic stuff on personal security and responsibility still had to appraise and ensure that the knowledge passed is still in their brains,especially after this incident.

you don't need this incidence to know that a new business partner u have not met in person, inviting you to inspect and purchase goods, knowing fully well there is a 50% chance u will come with cash, have no business meeting you in a hotel room where the person has little or nothing to lose, common sense dictates that.

from what i think, the truth is that, the girl gave them the impression she is coming to purchase out rightly hence the guys expected her to bring cash, now to play smart, she didn't come with cash but made the mistake of not changing the venue.

i only responded to that smalli because she knows next to nothing how the real life works. facebook or no face book, the guys could have met her in church or any other place or even visit her in the office as marketers.the only mover here is a "good deal" and that is the focus of any successful business man.

some girls will prefer to meet a stranger in a hotel so as to rob you selling the impression she wont be safe in your place. it happens all the time, once they drug you, money, wrist watch, phones etc gone. these runs girls do it on daily basis so "na pesin wey no dey game dey mis yarn". you think that most runs girls that come back with 100k and above most nights really earned it from the guys? you must be living in pluto, they rob their clients on most occasions, 90% even use jazz to make the clients sleep off without touching them after which they rob you blind.

Tell me? a man that invites you to his family house and the one that invites you to a hotel, who is more responsible?

the guy that opts for hotel is the one with cynical intentions is either he is married and doesn't want you to know where he stays or he wants to misbehave so you cant trace him. either way he has nothing to lose.

office or family house where he has something to lose is more appropriate, this is an old rule of the game..parents don't teach you that but experience does.

RIP cynthia

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

It's Our One Year Wedding Anniversary / Recurring Dreams About My Wife Wanting To Kill Me / Don't Receive Call In Kitchen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.