Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,139 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:32 PM

Overhead Pictures Of Ladipo Car-Parts Market In Lagos - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Overhead Pictures Of Ladipo Car-Parts Market In Lagos (20794 Views)

My Trip to 'Mgbuka Obosi' the Largest Used Parts Market in the SE / Ladipo Spare-Parts Market Finally Shut-down / How Toyota Engines Are Re-built In Ladipo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Overhead Pictures Of Ladipo Car-Parts Market In Lagos by lukkie(m): 9:28pm On Aug 26, 2012
I went to the market recently and took these pictures while waiting for the guy to source some parts. Note that this is just a small section of the market.

Re: Overhead Pictures Of Ladipo Car-Parts Market In Lagos by Nobody: 10:59pm On Aug 26, 2012
Quite a wide selection of used parts. But dare I say it, very disorganised. One of the reasons why buyers sometimes end up with the wrong parts. How can anyone find anything amidst all that chaos?
Re: Overhead Pictures Of Ladipo Car-Parts Market In Lagos by lukkie(m): 11:38pm On Aug 26, 2012
It's better organised than you think o. Just tell them what you want and they'll direct you to the right stand in seconds. As a precaution though, i never go there without my mechanic.

1 Like

Re: Overhead Pictures Of Ladipo Car-Parts Market In Lagos by Fhemmmy: 2:00pm On Aug 27, 2012
Like some people always say . . My desk is a mess, but please dont touch, cos i know where all things are . . .Lol

5 Likes

Re: Overhead Pictures Of Ladipo Car-Parts Market In Lagos by seedord247(m): 2:03pm On Aug 27, 2012
lukkie: It's better organised than you think o. Just tell them what you want and they'll direct you to the right stand in seconds. As a precaution though, i never go there without my mechanic.

You dont need to tell them what u want..... Immediately they see you... They know the kind of car u drive and also the part u are looking for... Kwenu. shocked

13 Likes

Re: Overhead Pictures Of Ladipo Car-Parts Market In Lagos by violent(m): 2:08pm On Aug 27, 2012
The picture provides a vivid description of the modern day Nigeria. Chaotic, Confused, Uninspiring, mutilated, depressed, irreparable and abandoned with a completely bleak future!

Why we as a nation, are so cursed, to thrive in such despicable filth despite the land flowing with milk and honey (what milk and honey?) is beyond human understanding.

5 Likes

Re: Overhead Pictures Of Ladipo Car-Parts Market In Lagos by Nobody: 2:11pm On Aug 27, 2012
I didnt see any spare parts, but Barca players and Nou Camp grin....live goes on, this what happens when you steal ppl's money give them just 20 sherlings , then use their money to give ur ppl free Education, AWO it will never be well with u even in Hell, ur grand son is my friend but i dont give a hoot. But the IGBOS are catching up cool

1 Like

Re: Overhead Pictures Of Ladipo Car-Parts Market In Lagos by Chirolechick: 2:13pm On Aug 27, 2012
this market is a no-go-area especially when u hv no biz being there.
they breed all sorts in ds mkt,armed n unarmed robbers n co

1 Like

Re: Overhead Pictures Of Ladipo Car-Parts Market In Lagos by Nobody: 2:13pm On Aug 27, 2012
seedord247:

You dont need to tell them what u want..... Immediately they see you... They know the kind of car u drive and also the part u are looking for... Kwenu. shocked

Thats what I call no dulling grin grin grin, this is how Japan and China started tongue
Re: Overhead Pictures Of Ladipo Car-Parts Market In Lagos by gator666: 2:14pm On Aug 27, 2012
Fhemmmy: Like some people always say . . My desk is a mess, but please dont touch, cos i know where all things are . . .Lol

Applies to me 101%, lol.
Re: Overhead Pictures Of Ladipo Car-Parts Market In Lagos by BluePinkee(f): 2:16pm On Aug 27, 2012
Is that the market? Looks kinda disorganised and cluttered.Is that the market? Looks kinda disorganised and cluttered.Is that the market? Looks kinda disorganised and cluttered.
Re: Overhead Pictures Of Ladipo Car-Parts Market In Lagos by Nobody: 2:16pm On Aug 27, 2012
This market supposed to be between Oshodi and Isolo right, its been long i left Lagos wink

1 Like

Re: Overhead Pictures Of Ladipo Car-Parts Market In Lagos by Afam4eva(m): 2:16pm On Aug 27, 2012
Why must our markets always be dirty and chaotic.
Re: Overhead Pictures Of Ladipo Car-Parts Market In Lagos by violent(m): 2:20pm On Aug 27, 2012
^^^

It isn't the markets that are dirty and chaotic.
Re: Overhead Pictures Of Ladipo Car-Parts Market In Lagos by Fhemmmy: 2:20pm On Aug 27, 2012
afam4eva: Why must our markets always be dirty and chaotic.

Because that is the language that is known and loved in that environment , , , when it is too clean, people are scared, cos they think too refined to have a fair price . . . tongue

2 Likes

Re: Overhead Pictures Of Ladipo Car-Parts Market In Lagos by free2ryhme: 2:21pm On Aug 27, 2012
BluePinkee: Is that the market? Looks kinda disorganised and cluttered.Is that the market? Looks kinda disorganised and cluttered.Is that the market? Looks kinda disorganised and cluttered.

Your case if more like the more you look the less you see.. Who told you Ladipo is disorganized? Have you paid a visit before? Clustered yes, disorganized No...
Re: Overhead Pictures Of Ladipo Car-Parts Market In Lagos by Afam4eva(m): 2:23pm On Aug 27, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Because that is the language that is known and loved in that environment , , , when it is too clean, people are scared, cos they think too refined to have a fair price . . . tongue
I think we have to start adopting the SHOPRITE model. It's disgusting entering these markets and most of the traders look like criminals.

1 Like

Re: Overhead Pictures Of Ladipo Car-Parts Market In Lagos by Siga: 2:25pm On Aug 27, 2012
See enough exhaust pipes...lol...omo...I just dey laugh as I see these pictures....its incredible how these guys find parts man...
Re: Overhead Pictures Of Ladipo Car-Parts Market In Lagos by Siga: 2:27pm On Aug 27, 2012
afam4eva:
I think we have to start adopting the SHOPRITE model. It's disgusting entering these markets and most of the traders look like criminals.
...If u no careful...dem go steal your car tires and rims, then con sell am to you again....lol grin
Re: Overhead Pictures Of Ladipo Car-Parts Market In Lagos by Nobody: 2:27pm On Aug 27, 2012
violent:
The picture provides a vivid description of the modern day Nigeria. Chaotic, Confused, Uninspiring, mutilated, depressed, irreparable and abandoned with a completely bleak future!

Why we as a nation, are so cursed, to thrive in such despicable filth despite the land flowing with milk and honey (what milk and honey?) is beyond human understanding.

STFU, am sure you are from EASTERN AFRICA...

1 Like

Re: Overhead Pictures Of Ladipo Car-Parts Market In Lagos by T4taiwo(m): 2:27pm On Aug 27, 2012
this is too rough...nigeria system
Re: Overhead Pictures Of Ladipo Car-Parts Market In Lagos by Fhemmmy: 2:28pm On Aug 27, 2012
afam4eva:

I totally agree with you but i dont see that happening, but if you want to, i would love to team up with you and we make it happen . . . cos i am sure there would be some people that wont mind to shop in a cleaner environment for spare parts . . .
Re: Overhead Pictures Of Ladipo Car-Parts Market In Lagos by ochukoccna: 2:30pm On Aug 27, 2012
violent:

Hmnn!
Re: Overhead Pictures Of Ladipo Car-Parts Market In Lagos by werepeLeri: 2:33pm On Aug 27, 2012
violent:

LOL - haba. because of Market? Its a spare part market for God's sake!
Re: Overhead Pictures Of Ladipo Car-Parts Market In Lagos by violent(m): 2:34pm On Aug 27, 2012
stevo4shiz:
STFU, am sure you are from EASTERN AFRICA...

Touts, Thugs and agberos should never be allowed anywhere near an internet. They take and spread filth everywhere they go.
Re: Overhead Pictures Of Ladipo Car-Parts Market In Lagos by Nobody: 2:35pm On Aug 27, 2012
What is LASEPA, NEMA, KAI doing about this? I am sure there is no EIA for these markets in Lagos. What a waste of commercial space!Next now, Uncle Fash(Nairaland member) go go close them down...
Re: Overhead Pictures Of Ladipo Car-Parts Market In Lagos by greall1: 2:35pm On Aug 27, 2012
Odo market.
Re: Overhead Pictures Of Ladipo Car-Parts Market In Lagos by violent(m): 2:43pm On Aug 27, 2012
werepeLeri:

LOL - haba. because of Market? Its a spare part market for God's sake!

This is actually beyond the market. It depicts the psychology of a group of people who have come to accept a chaotic way of life.
Re: Overhead Pictures Of Ladipo Car-Parts Market In Lagos by Valto(m): 2:44pm On Aug 27, 2012
this is just a small section of ladipo, the pictures just showed 0ne/ tenth of ladipo market... ladipo is so big , that it will take u so many hrs to navigate the whole market. infact u may miss your way if its your 1st time (ladipo is made up of so many streets in and around papa ajao mushin and towards oshodi apapa exp way)..
Re: Overhead Pictures Of Ladipo Car-Parts Market In Lagos by OkikiOluwa1(m): 2:49pm On Aug 27, 2012
Like transformer village. As if I dey see diff spare parts of robots.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Uber's Self-driving Car Just Killed A Pedestrian. / Nigeria Signs MOU With Volkswagen For Manufacturing Of Vehicles In The Country / Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.