Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,068 members, 7,956,989 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 01:45 AM

Security: Enugu-Church Bans Headgears & Handbags - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Security: Enugu-Church Bans Headgears & Handbags (6968 Views)

Suicide Bombers Carry Bombs In Handbags (photos) / Dickson Bans Activities Of Group Supporting Jonathan Re-election / Photo:Ibadan Church Bans Leggings,Mini Skirts,Backless Outfits And Open B*oobs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Security: Enugu-Church Bans Headgears & Handbags by rodeo0070(m): 6:22am On Aug 27, 2012
THE St Theresa’s Catholic Cathedral, Nsukka, Enugu State, has baned women from wearing big headgears and carrying handbags to Sunday service.

Reverend Father Uche Obodoechina, the Cathedral Administrator, who announced this during Sunday service in Nsukka, said that the ban would take effect from September 9.

Obodoechina said that the measure was introduced to ensure the security of worshippers.

According to him, the big headgears, in most cases, made the identification of persons during Sunday service difficult.

He said that the headgears (popularly called canopy) turned to a “barricade” whenever many women putting on big headgears stayed on a row during service.

“Please, in view of the present security challenges, the church has urged women to stop coming to Sunday service with big headgears and bags to enable security men know when bomb will be smuggled into the church.

“The church has directed security men at the church gate to seize big headgears and bags from September 9.

“This measure is aimed towards enhancing the security of the faithful during Sunday mass.”

Furthermore, the clergyman announced that cars would henceforth be parked at St Theresa’s College field.

According to him, only motorcycles would be allowed to park at designated places within the church premises.

He added that for those coming for 5.30 a.m. mass, the gate leading to the church would be closed by 6.00 a.m., while the gate for those coming for the 7.30 a.m. would be closed by 8.00 a.m.

“So if you cannot come before this time, you are late and you will not be allowed to enter into the cathedral compound.

“We urge members to cooperate and obey the directives in the interest of safety for all.

“These are temporary measures and will be relaxed as soon as the security challenges in the country improve.

“The church is sorry for whatever inconveniences the measures will cause members,” he said.

SOURCE: www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/front-page-news/46567-security-church-bans-headgears-handbags
Re: Security: Enugu-Church Bans Headgears & Handbags by kisibo: 10:10am On Aug 27, 2012
rodeo0070:

SOURCE: www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/front-page-news/46567-security-church-bans-headgears-handbags

Lol...d fear of bh is d beginin of wisdom....d question now is .....wen will d securty of d country improve?
Re: Security: Enugu-Church Bans Headgears & Handbags by emekaD3(m): 10:11am On Aug 27, 2012
if enugu church does this for security, what will bornu church do?

3 Likes

Re: Security: Enugu-Church Bans Headgears & Handbags by stepo707: 10:17am On Aug 27, 2012
emeka.D.:

grin grin grin
Re: Security: Enugu-Church Bans Headgears & Handbags by Nobody: 10:23am On Aug 27, 2012
kisibo:

Lol...d fear of bh is d beginin of wisdom....d question now is .....wen will d securty of d country improve?

lwkmd.... grin grin grin
Re: Security: Enugu-Church Bans Headgears & Handbags by Nobody: 10:25am On Aug 27, 2012
The women will riot, because most of them go to church fashionably late in order to parade said canopy.

2 Likes

Re: Security: Enugu-Church Bans Headgears & Handbags by Bettielite(f): 10:26am On Aug 27, 2012
Can u imagine wat has become of country
Re: Security: Enugu-Church Bans Headgears & Handbags by Bettielite(f): 10:29am On Aug 27, 2012
emeka.D.:
I wonder!
Re: Security: Enugu-Church Bans Headgears & Handbags by Afam4eva(m): 10:33am On Aug 27, 2012
Lol...all this because of bokoharam.

I think they should also ban women from wearing bra, because they hide things inside grin

1 Like

Re: Security: Enugu-Church Bans Headgears & Handbags by Scarpon(m): 10:35am On Aug 27, 2012
that is not the key for security lets just pray that god should keep us safe cuz if god is not watching the city the guards are watching invain

1 Like

Re: Security: Enugu-Church Bans Headgears & Handbags by chelseabmw(m): 10:41am On Aug 27, 2012
cheesy cheesy The fear of boko is the beginning of wisdom
Re: Security: Enugu-Church Bans Headgears & Handbags by rodeo0070(m): 10:47am On Aug 27, 2012
Crazy world...
Re: Security: Enugu-Church Bans Headgears & Handbags by pembisco(m): 10:53am On Aug 27, 2012
Scarpon: that is not the key for security lets just pray that god should keep us safe cuz if god is not watching the city the guards are watching invain
u mean God or god...ders a dfrnce btwn d 2...god=Allah=deity i.e god of d moon whyl God=jesus christ=holy spirit=God almighty i.e God of heaven nd earth,our creator!

1 Like

Re: Security: Enugu-Church Bans Headgears & Handbags by snthesis(m): 11:01am On Aug 27, 2012
afam4eva: Lol...all this because of bokoharam.

I think they should also ban women from wearing bra, because they hide things inside grin
seconded grin grin
Re: Security: Enugu-Church Bans Headgears & Handbags by ZUBY77(m): 11:05am On Aug 27, 2012
A better alternative is to package the western Church in a west-must-go sack and send it back to Europe. Lets is tell them that we have learnt enough of their Jesus and Joseph and Isaiah and Abraham and Heaven. Then we will be forming organisations based on common interests which will include all ethnic groups etc.
I dont see a boko haram or any terrorist group bombing a meeting he is part of or has the right to belong to. I dont see an Igbo man selling out or sabotaging an organisation he has the right to belong to, i dont see a yoruba man cristisizing an org he has the right to belpng to. This is a way forward. We cannot go forward as a people if we dont put TB joshuas and oyedepos out of business.
You religious bigots and hypos, before you start to rain your normal curses, understand that i dont care.

1 Like

Re: Security: Enugu-Church Bans Headgears & Handbags by obicentlis: 11:07am On Aug 27, 2012
Its not bad as far as it will save lives and not give the terrorists opportunity to claim responsibility for bloodshed.
Re: Security: Enugu-Church Bans Headgears & Handbags by IfyAwazie(f): 11:11am On Aug 27, 2012
emeka.D.:
Lol. Abi oo
Re: Security: Enugu-Church Bans Headgears & Handbags by Nobody: 11:38am On Aug 27, 2012
Re: Security: Enugu-Church Bans Headgears & Handbags by Afam4eva(m): 11:40am On Aug 27, 2012
apocalypse:

Seconded , but it should only be ladies below 30 years old
Yeah, you're right.
Re: Security: Enugu-Church Bans Headgears & Handbags by Modelling(f): 11:41am On Aug 27, 2012
This's not reason enough 2 put this kind of ban in Enugu state that's neither meduguri nor damaturu. Nsukka people too dey take things too serious. The bomb'll not come through a female if it must come, they can look for other more serious things 2 ban. My thought.
Re: Security: Enugu-Church Bans Headgears & Handbags by Modelling(f): 11:43am On Aug 27, 2012
This's not reason enough 2 put this kind of ban in Enugu state that's neither meduguri nor damaturu. Nsukka people too dey take things too serious without considering how it may affect another person. Probably there has been grudges over the so called canopy or handbag 2 church. The bomb'll not come through a female if it must come, they can look for other more serious things 2 ban. My thought.
Re: Security: Enugu-Church Bans Headgears & Handbags by a1solution: 11:49am On Aug 27, 2012
New generation churches can never ban such thing as they know they would lose customers (especially girls)
Offering and tithe would reduce by 60%
Re: Security: Enugu-Church Bans Headgears & Handbags by Modelling(f): 11:52am On Aug 27, 2012
This's not too serious 2 put this kind of ban in enugu dat's neither yobe nor boronu. Nsukka people too dey take things serious without considering other people's feeling. There's other more things that can be banned instead of the so called canopy handbag. Bomb can not enter a church in nsukka through a woman. Probably there has been grudges over d way women's canopy or handbag.
My thought.
Re: Security: Enugu-Church Bans Headgears & Handbags by slimyem: 11:54am On Aug 27, 2012
apocalypse:

Seconded , but it should only be ladies below 30 years old
lol...
Brother apocalypse....i see you o...cheesy
Re: Security: Enugu-Church Bans Headgears & Handbags by Modelling(f): 11:57am On Aug 27, 2012
Modelling: This's not too serious 2 put this kind of ban in enugu dat's neither yobe nor boronu. Nsukka people too dey take things serious without considering other people's feeling. There's other more things that can be banned instead of the so called canopy handbag. Bomb can not enter a church in nsukka through a woman. Probably there has been grudges over d way women's canopy or handbag.
My thought.
sorry for my repeated pasting, network.
Re: Security: Enugu-Church Bans Headgears & Handbags by honeric01(m): 12:08pm On Aug 27, 2012
afam4eva: Lol...all this because of bokoharam.

What about pants and brazilian weaves?
Re: Security: Enugu-Church Bans Headgears & Handbags by Nobody: 12:09pm On Aug 27, 2012
Re: Security: Enugu-Church Bans Headgears & Handbags by dasparrow: 12:22pm On Aug 27, 2012
@Post

I don't even know what to make of this ban. On one hand, I understand the need to take security precautions. However on the other hand, is this church not taking things a tad bit too far? Since when have Nsukka women turned into potential suicide bombers? Most of these women are married with a family to take care of. You think they will just want to blow themselves up into pieces? What for? To gain what precisely? If the church was located up north, I might somehow understand but in the south east? Hmmmm I guess the women will have to tie their offering money in the wrapper like market women do since handbags are not allowed either. Sigh!
Re: Security: Enugu-Church Bans Headgears & Handbags by slimyem: 12:27pm On Aug 27, 2012
apocalypse:

I'm only backing a good suggestion , besides boko haramites use mainly young adults between the ages of 18 and 35 , abi ?
you sure your suggestion has nothing to do with sore-sight flabby over 35 b00bies? cheesycheesy
Re: Security: Enugu-Church Bans Headgears & Handbags by BinghiNya(m): 12:48pm On Aug 27, 2012
pembisco:
u mean God or god...ders a dfrnce btwn d 2...god=Allah=deity i.e god of d moon whyl God=jesus christ=holy spirit=God almighty i.e God of heaven nd earth,our creator!
you are a fool allah created jesus did jesus not suck his mum's boobs, you should be hanged from ur balls

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Revenue Drops To 5-year Low As Tax, Oil Income Fall / Febuary Protest Just Got Messed Up / Nigeria's Debt Service-to-Revenue Ratio Drops To 66.9%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.