Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,383 members, 7,864,748 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 05:36 AM

Genocide On The Watch In Kenya - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Genocide On The Watch In Kenya (1371 Views)

Seven Cabinet Members To Watch In Buhari's Team - BBC / Graphic! Killings Continue Unabated In PLATEAU State, Under The Watch Of STF Co / Influential Women To Watch In Buhari’s Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Genocide On The Watch In Kenya by bhakula: 8:10pm On Jan 01, 2008
Ethnic and political tensions are getting out of control in Kenya as 50 people are burnt in a church. Read this story from shupee very interesting.

http://www.shupee.com/news_details.php?news_id=291

Re: Genocide On The Watch In Kenya by denex: 8:31pm On Jan 01, 2008
Well, the more I learn about international politics, the more I realise that things like this don't just happen.

Somewhere in Europe some months back, a group of businessmen, commodity importers, weapon dealers and natural resource exploiters with some politicians deliberated this matter behind closed doors.
Re: Genocide On The Watch In Kenya by babasin(m): 8:33pm On Jan 01, 2008
According to the EU, in at least two constituencies - Molo and Kieni - the results that were announced did not reflect the number of votes cast.

EU observers say they heard the voting figures being announced in Molo itself, but when the same results were announced again in Nairobi, the number of votes for Mr Kibaki was significantly higher - by 25,000.

Four of the 22 Kenyan election commissioners have also expressed doubts about the veracity of the figures giving President Kibaki victory by 200,000 votes.

But Finance Minister Amos Kimunya denied his party, the ruling PNU, or the government had been involved in rigging the poll.

He told the BBC: "I have no evidence that they were rigged. Anyone who has any information that they were rigged in one constituency or the other, or overall, let them subject it through the legal process."

and so another AFRICAN country decends in chaos!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7166932.stm

Somewhere in Europe some months back, a group of businessmen, commodity importers, weapon dealers and natural resource exploiters with some politicians deliberated this matter behind closed doors.

but must AFRICANS not be able to think and get this done without KILLING themselves??
Re: Genocide On The Watch In Kenya by denex: 8:33pm On Jan 01, 2008
Well, the more I learn about international politics, the more I realise that things like this don't just happen.

Re: Genocide On The Watch In Kenya by ell77(f): 8:41pm On Jan 01, 2008
The article you posted devoted 1 tenth to the actual people who died because of this and the remaing 9 tenths were donated to british holiday visits - which by the way are ok because they will be safe when visiting Safari's even when the urban areas are running in chaos!

Na wa o! Very sad, atleast I used to admire Kenya for that but now I don't see much difference between all African Politicians! cry
Re: Genocide On The Watch In Kenya by babasin(m): 10:20pm On Jan 01, 2008
The article you posted devoted 1 tenth to the actual people who died because of this and the remaing 9 tenths were donated to british holiday visits -

well the audience is not for AFRICANS but for British holiday people.

africans dont even report NEWS about one another. what a sad continent.
Re: Genocide On The Watch In Kenya by ell77(f): 10:28pm On Jan 01, 2008
I saw reports on NTA about the election i have not yet watched the news to see what they will have to say. To me it just seemed incensitive. If the article was about Kenyans killing giraffes they may have devoted more to the article about that you know but human lives are by-the-by. Anyway it's true Africans should report on what is going on for themselves.
Re: Genocide On The Watch In Kenya by funloving(m): 10:36pm On Jan 01, 2008
I once raised in topic in this forum asking what is wrong with the Black Race ?
There is something fundamentally wrong with our make-up, our psyche. We are very, very, very EVIL.
AFRICANS, BLACKS, ARE VERY EVIL. I make bold to generalise, irrespective of what anybody will say.

There are election irregularites all over the world. It took place even in the world's No 1 Democracy, USA but lives were not lost, churches were not burnt and property were not destroyed.

As long as humans run elections we should always expect irregularities but must it be of the magnitude as seen in Africa ? Why can't we have minor irregularities that will still allow the election result to be a true reflection of how the people voted ?

Why can't Africans for once do something right that the world will applaud ?

Very soon we will begin to blame the West for our woes.

Nobody can use you if you don't make yourself available to be used.

The Arms dealer can't force Arms on you unless you are willing to buy

The natural resource exploiter can't just walk into your land and plunder your resources unless you are willing to help him.

Other better countries and continents have a way of safe guarding their people and their resources but Africans have a repulsively ingenious way of destroying their own, with the help of outsiders.

STUPID BUNCH OF HUMANS !!!
Re: Genocide On The Watch In Kenya by ell77(f): 10:56pm On Jan 01, 2008
funloving:

There is something fundamentally wrong with our make-up, our psyche. We are very, very, very EVIL.
AFRICANS, BLACKS, ARE VERY EVIL. I make bold to generalise, irrespective of what anybody will say.

There are election irregularites all over the world. It took place even in the world's No 1 Democracy, USA but lives were not lost, churches were not burnt and property were not destroyed.

As long as humans run elections we should always expect irregularities but must it be of the magnitude as seen in Africa ? Why can't we have minor irregularities that will still allow the election result to be a true reflection of how the people voted ?

The natural resource exploiter can't just walk into your land and plunder your resources unless you are willing to help him.

Other better countries and continents have a way of safe guarding their people and their resources but Africans have a repulsively ingenious way of destroying their own, with the help of outsiders.

Some of what you said is true and some needs to be explored further as it is in some cases more complex than you have made out but i am African and i am not stupid. Please try not to generalise
Re: Genocide On The Watch In Kenya by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jan 01, 2008
Ok, the election was rigged, how would killing solve the issue? Do some people think at all? Do some people make use of their brains at all?
Re: Genocide On The Watch In Kenya by Iman3(m): 1:14am On Jan 02, 2008
Death toll is now estimated at 300 people:

More than 300 people have been killed in Kenya since the election, and last night there was no sign that security forces were willing, or able, to bring the rampaging mobs under control. Gangs of machete-wielding men set up roadblocks along the main road out of Nairobi to the west, pulling Kikuyus from their cars.

The Kenyan Red Cross said that 70,000 people had fled the violence, and some Kikuyus had reportedly crossed into Uganda for safety. “This is a national disaster,” said Abbas Gullet, the agency’s secretary-general. Aerial footage taken by the Red Cross showed farms and hundreds of houses on fire and roadblocks every ten kilometres (six miles). Only those from “the right ethnic group” were allowed through the barricades, Mr Gullet said.

A police spokesman told a news conference in Nairobi: “We never expected the savagery to go so far.”

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/africa/article3118970.ece

Re: Genocide On The Watch In Kenya by naijaking1: 1:31am On Jan 02, 2008
If you ask me, I would say that not one African deserves to die so that a dictator could remain in power for one more day.

Unfortunately, it has become the stock-in-trade for our dictators to cling to power through the blood of their people. I mean the Mobutus, the Kibakis, the Mugabes, the Babangidas, etc.
Re: Genocide On The Watch In Kenya by babasin(m): 8:51am On Jan 02, 2008
AFRICANS, BLACKS, ARE VERY EVIL. I make bold to generalise, irrespective of what anybody will say

nobody is born EVIL!

africans basically lack GOOD education & opportunity.

those that went about killing people are:

1. drop-out
2. not gainfully employed

Note that the Poltical class delibrately created these people so they can use them as weapon against others.
Re: Genocide On The Watch In Kenya by otokx(m): 11:24am On Jan 02, 2008
Kibaki does not have any thing to offer the Kenyan people, not that the opposition fares better. This politicians are always causing mayhem by bringing in tribal sentiments.
Re: Genocide On The Watch In Kenya by ndubest(m): 11:43am On Jan 02, 2008
I hope the world is watching grin and waiting ;Duntil it excalates like Rwanda

Its time for the US to do something now that its still localised before the kilings become widespread

they better act now or keep their "peace keeping" money in their banks when the full war starts
Re: Genocide On The Watch In Kenya by babasin(m): 12:01pm On Jan 02, 2008
Its time for the US to do something now that its still localised before the kilings become widespread

No. It is time for NIGERIA to do something.

for once, we should take advantage of this situation and show our strength.

YaraDULL should call meeting of AU and organise 'ground forces' ready for deployment.
Re: Genocide On The Watch In Kenya by mazaje(m): 1:28pm On Jan 02, 2008
funloving:

Some thing is very very wrong with the Black people in Africa, its just that it lies deep and there is much more to it that meets the ordinary eyes but something is really really wrong with us. our affinity to each other is at the zero level we hate our selves so much for no reason at all, the affinity of white people to each other is much more than ours .
Re: Genocide On The Watch In Kenya by babasin(m): 1:34pm On Jan 02, 2008
@mazaje

why did you leave lovely Cyprus for cold Finland?

Just curious
Re: Genocide On The Watch In Kenya by romeo(m): 1:45pm On Jan 02, 2008
babasin:

No. It is time for NIGERIA to do something.

for once, we should take advantage of this situation and show our strength.

YaraDULL should call meeting of AU and organise 'ground forces' ready for deployment.

Are they at war? Did the country ask you any kind of help? have we not done things far worse than this in our democracy? Do you know how many people that were killed just because of a local govt. election in Nigeria?

abeg make una dey think before writing
Re: Genocide On The Watch In Kenya by babasin(m): 3:39pm On Jan 02, 2008
Are they at war? Did the country ask you any kind of help? have we not done things far worse than this in our democracy? Do you know how many people that were killed just because of a local govt. election in Nigeria?

abeg make una dey think before writing

yes they are at WAR. Nigeria needs to save them from themselves.

But with only 85k standing army, we are no better than janjweed in DARFUR
Re: Genocide On The Watch In Kenya by McKren(m): 3:42pm On Jan 02, 2008
Mwai Kibaki is responsible for anything that goes wrong in Kenya.

How difficult is it respect the will of the people
Re: Genocide On The Watch In Kenya by davidif: 8:22pm On Jan 02, 2008
my my i tire for dis continent. What a shame.
Re: Genocide On The Watch In Kenya by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jan 02, 2008
otokx:

Kibaki does not have any thing to offer the Kenyan people, not that the opposition fares better. This politicians are always causing mayhem by bringing in tribal sentiments.

I agree.
Re: Genocide On The Watch In Kenya by Horus(m): 11:21am On Jan 03, 2008
Kenya 'plunged into bloodshed'

Nairobi - Kenya's newspapers warned on Wednesday that the dispute over last week's presidential vote risked plunging the relatively stable nation into the kind of ethnic bloodshed seen in some of its neighbours.
Violence since the December 27 poll has claimed more than 300 lives. It said: "If no urgent step is taken to arrest the killings, Kenya is bound to sink into the abyss and join the ranks of war-torn countries like Cote d'Ivoire, Somalia, Rwanda and Sierra Leone and others which have experienced genocide on an unimaginable scale.

[img]http://www.reuters.com/resources/r/?m=02&d=20071231&t=2&i=2625452&w=&r=2007-12-31T121955Z_01_L2771079_RTRUKOP_0_PICTURE0[/img]

"This is not a situation that will peter out on its own. Urgent intervention is required to save Kenya, which until now was regarded as one of the most stable democracies in Africa."

'It will not help the situation'

Since President Mwai Kibaki was re-elected and sworn in on Sunday despite widespread accusations of fraud, tribal violence had flared in strongholds of defeated challenger Raila Odinga's Orange Democratic Movement (ODM).
"It will not help the situation for the president to carry on as if there is nothing the matter, or for ODM to believe it can march its way to State House without further spillage of blood," The Standard newspaper said.
The Daily Nation ended its front-page editorial by also taking a swipe at its leaders.
"This is about saving the lives of innocent Kenyans who are dying in the most gruesome manner while their leaders continue to enjoy the comforts and luxuries paid for by the taxpayer."
The newspaper also carried a full-page appeal entitled "Give Peace and Dialogue a Chance", signed by a Kenyan diplomat who was involved in Somali peace negotiations, and the Kenyan general who brokered Sudan's north-south peace deal.

Source: http://www.news24.com/News24/Africa/News/0,,2-11-1447_2245476,00.html

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Activates Nuclear Accelerator At Obafemi Awolowo University / Nigeria:politics And Ideology / Cnn Broadcasting Obama From Ghana Live!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.