Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,898 members, 7,844,893 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

Can Introduction Of new N5,000 Note Present Looting Opportunity For The Corrupt? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Introduction Of new N5,000 Note Present Looting Opportunity For The Corrupt? (606 Views)

Jonathan Orders CBN To Stop N5,000 Note Plan / Introduction Of N5,000 Note: Nigerians Are Wasting Their Time – Sanusi Lamido / 75% Nigerians Oppose N5,000 Note - NBS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Introduction Of new N5,000 Note Present Looting Opportunity For The Corrupt? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Aug 27, 2012
What do you think?
ist it possible?

If so how can they do it?
Re: Can Introduction Of new N5,000 Note Present Looting Opportunity For The Corrupt? by thoth: 12:13pm On Aug 29, 2012
it does not directly present them with the opportunity to loot but some may see it that way, sharing the looting will be easier , settling the senators wold not need huge bags of Ghana mus go bag and their loots will be more concealable , think of it 5 bundles of 5,000 naira notes is 2.5 million naira.

But the main purpose of the new notes is to weaken the nation economically,and cause more strife and public discontent, Now many people will think it is not in the best interest of the ruling officials to weaken the economy.
Re: Can Introduction Of new N5,000 Note Present Looting Opportunity For The Corrupt? by larez(m): 6:14am On Sep 02, 2012
To me, this is a form of looting and creating more contract opportunities for cronies. What will be the cost of embarking on this? Nigerians really need to start paying attention. These guys come up with ways to earn money. They hardly care about the country.
Re: Can Introduction Of new N5,000 Note Present Looting Opportunity For The Corrupt? by Nobody: 6:58am On Sep 02, 2012
I understand it would cost N40billion to implement -N40bn that could be utilised in improving power and security
larez: To me, this is a form of looting and creating more contract opportunities for cronies. What will be the cost of embarking on this? Nigerians really need to start paying attention. These guys come up with ways to earn money. They hardly care about the country.
Re: Can Introduction Of new N5,000 Note Present Looting Opportunity For The Corrupt? by dplordx(m): 8:10am On Sep 02, 2012
See, my job is money-laundering. With 5k notes, my job just got alot more wonderful grin
Im quoting a politican cheesy
Re: Can Introduction Of new N5,000 Note Present Looting Opportunity For The Corrupt? by egift(m): 9:09am On Sep 02, 2012
First thing first - Moving looted money is the least of the problem. For Nigerian politicians the only challenge is seeing what to steal, once that is done - the money will naturally disappear.

BTW, we all agree that our treasury is looted by the seconds, so why is this administration not putting looters in jail? Or somehow the are not aware of such?

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Not A Drunk, Glutton, Also Not Clueless - Abati / Nigeria picks team for $1-billion fund / Jonathan To Launch YOUWIN 2 For Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.