Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Apple Identifies Samsung-Products (Phones) To Ban - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Apple Identifies Samsung-Products (Phones) To Ban (12230 Views)

Lagosians You Can Get Free Repairs For Your Samsung Products / How To Identify Fake Samsung Products And Other Brands / Activate Sms Delivery Report On Your Phones To Confirm Delivery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apple Identifies Samsung-Products (Phones) To Ban by joanana(f): 11:44am On Aug 28, 2012
Flying high on the heels of their victory against Samsung, Apple's legal team have identified the Samsung products, whose bam will be sought. The list includes eight smartphones and has been filed as a court notice.

The devices in question are members of the Samsung Galaxy S and Galaxy S II families. Here goes the full list of smartphones:

Samsung Galaxy S 4G
Samsung Galaxy S II (AT&T)
Samsung Galaxy S II (Skyrocket)
Samsung Galaxy S II (T-Mobile)
Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G
Samsung Galaxy S Showcase
Droid Charge by Samsung
Samsung Galaxy Prevail

Apple's legal team have prepare a handy chart, which lists the patents infringed by each device. See it below.

As you can see in the chart, the biggest offenders are relatives to the Samsung Galaxy S I9000. The number of infringed patents decreases in the newer devices.

The injunction hearing has been scheduled for September 20. We'll be sure to keep you posted on its outcome.

The chart shows the list of patents infringed by the above devices

SOURCE: http://www.gsmarena.com/apple_identifies_the_samsung_products_it_will_seek_to_ban_-news-4705.php

Re: Apple Identifies Samsung-Products (Phones) To Ban by joanana(f): 11:47am On Aug 28, 2012
I will never buy the stwepid i - rubbish, not in a million years!!!Android for life They can sue Sammy but they cant stop them!!! Sammy will always be ahead.

15 Likes

Re: Apple Identifies Samsung-Products (Phones) To Ban by na2day(m): 12:07pm On Aug 28, 2012
joanana: I will never buy the stwepid i - rubbish, not in a million years!!!Android for life They can sue Sammy but they cant stop them!!! Sammy will always be ahead.

Lol grin
I used to think all 9ja girls only care for BB grin
nice to see someone breaking the rule grin

Let's see whether they will succeed!

5 Likes

Re: Apple Identifies Samsung-Products (Phones) To Ban by joanana(f): 12:20pm On Aug 28, 2012
na2day!:

Lol grin
I used to think all 9ja girls only care for BB grin
nice to see someone breaking the rule grin

Let's see whether they will succeed!

I hope they dont .
PS: I hate crackberry with so much passion, the "ping" sound is annoying angry angry angry. If u give me as a gift i will accept it but dnt expect to c me use it cos i will sell it immediately wink wink wink wink wink wink
M different Naija babe!!! wink

9 Likes

Re: Apple Identifies Samsung-Products (Phones) To Ban by DICKtator: 3:16pm On Aug 28, 2012
Need to get all those collections before they are withdrawn/sold off from the market. Endangered species.
Relics sake.

grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Apple Identifies Samsung-Products (Phones) To Ban by Nobody: 3:19pm On Aug 28, 2012
It's only in the US. Outside the US, all those phones have got on qualms.
Re: Apple Identifies Samsung-Products (Phones) To Ban by lafuria1(m): 3:23pm On Aug 28, 2012
seriously wat is apple's problem. Are they afraid of samsung or wat. D OS are different and pple can chose btw apple or android. U get 1bn dollars and nw u want some samsung phones banned.the way apple is going about this samsung issue like a dyin company desparetly lookin for how 2 survive.

2 Likes

Re: Apple Identifies Samsung-Products (Phones) To Ban by Nobody: 3:24pm On Aug 28, 2012
this apple want to create a monopoly,scared because Samsung always a step ahead and very innovative,apple on the other hand has been struggling and running outta ideas since Jobs died....well we will see as it plays out worldwide Samsung are the leaders in mobile phone and if they grow at the rate tey are going,apple will become a thing of the past...
apple want to stop change and nothing stops change
Re: Apple Identifies Samsung-Products (Phones) To Ban by Castos(m): 3:36pm On Aug 28, 2012
Samsung are the worst! Abeg follow NOKIA they go joor they make sense pass

1 Like

Re: Apple Identifies Samsung-Products (Phones) To Ban by Nobody: 3:38pm On Aug 28, 2012
they should ban them copy right rogues. they produce crap and sell at huge price as if its originality is second to non.

with their die die battery.

All you i-products haters, just try to use any for at least 2 days and you will confess:

no carrying of charger about like a bb user cheesy :Dcos you can get upto 5hours cheesy cheesy
picture quality is superb wink
casing is rugged wink

what is even the difference between our very own sanusi lamido sanusi and samsung grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Apple Identifies Samsung-Products (Phones) To Ban by Nobody: 3:38pm On Aug 28, 2012
ehie: this apple want to create a monopoly,scared because [s]Samsung always a step ahead and very innovative,[/s]apple on the other hand has been struggling and running outta ideas since Jobs died....well we will see as it plays out worldwide Samsung are the leaders in mobile phone and if they grow at the rate tey are going,apple will become a thing of the past...
apple want to stop change and nothing stops change

Are you serious ? shocked shocked All these androids are just bunch of thievies stealing from Apple.Where did samung get their technology from ?
Re: Apple Identifies Samsung-Products (Phones) To Ban by DAVE5(m): 3:42pm On Aug 28, 2012
joanana: I will never buy the stwepid i - rubbish, not in a million years!!!Android for life They can sue Sammy but they cant stop them!!! Sammy will always be ahead.
O girl nah long tin u dey talk, ppl shout android for ma ear sote I sell ma iphone go buy d mumu android n now I dey vex 4 masef eryday now, I kant wait to buy back ma lovely iphone back

6 Likes

Re: Apple Identifies Samsung-Products (Phones) To Ban by stolenstone: 3:42pm On Aug 28, 2012
smh for apple! There days are numbered, people go chop un finish like d actual apple fruit. Continue with this beef for close competitors and you'll meet ur waterloo. To Samsung corporation, weep not child!
Re: Apple Identifies Samsung-Products (Phones) To Ban by ebamma(m): 3:48pm On Aug 28, 2012
last year samsung made more profit and sold more phones than apple,i was expecting this,because apple knows that the only way the can stop samsung is by banning their phones
Re: Apple Identifies Samsung-Products (Phones) To Ban by Nobody: 3:48pm On Aug 28, 2012
stolen stone: smh for apple! There days are numbered, people go chop un finish like d actual apple fruit. Continue with this beef for close competitors and you'll meet ur waterloo. To Samsung corporation, weep not child!

a child that crosses his boundery needs some spankin and thats what samsung is on the verge of getting
Re: Apple Identifies Samsung-Products (Phones) To Ban by Scarpon(m): 3:49pm On Aug 28, 2012
Samsung till i die.
what the heck is pineapple
Re: Apple Identifies Samsung-Products (Phones) To Ban by Nobody: 3:49pm On Aug 28, 2012
Mercy,Apple, mercy
Re: Apple Identifies Samsung-Products (Phones) To Ban by Ejine(m): 3:52pm On Aug 28, 2012
Samsung, copying the 'expo'.

Re: Apple Identifies Samsung-Products (Phones) To Ban by Darlo22(m): 3:52pm On Aug 28, 2012
aguiyi: they should ban them copy right rogues. they produce crap and sell at huge price as if its originality is second to non.

with their die die battery.

All you i-products haters, just try to use any for at least 2 days and you will confess:

no carrying of charger about like a bb user cheesy :Dcos you can get upto 5hours cheesy cheesy
picture quality is superb wink
casing is rugged wink

what is even the difference between our very own sanusi lamido sanusi and samsung grin grin grin grin grin
Thank God u said "very own"
Re: Apple Identifies Samsung-Products (Phones) To Ban by Agiliti(m): 3:52pm On Aug 28, 2012

2 Likes

Re: Apple Identifies Samsung-Products (Phones) To Ban by Scarpon(m): 3:53pm On Aug 28, 2012
but make i ask she them gp block my galaxy 19100?
Re: Apple Identifies Samsung-Products (Phones) To Ban by Nobody: 3:59pm On Aug 28, 2012
stolen stone: smh for apple! There days are numbered, people go chop un finish like d actual apple fruit. Continue with this beef for close competitors and you'll meet ur waterloo. To Samsung corporation, weep not child!

No hating from Apple. . .they cant just stand some losers stealing their technology.

Samsung used to be known with blue face and the D-series when the first iPhone came onboard !

2 Likes

Re: Apple Identifies Samsung-Products (Phones) To Ban by Nobody: 3:59pm On Aug 28, 2012
Thank God my burriful Note's not on the stewpid list.
Re: Apple Identifies Samsung-Products (Phones) To Ban by Nobody: 4:00pm On Aug 28, 2012
With Steve gone, and the iPhone 4S looking really bad at the recent launch, it’s hard to say that Apple will continue to have a strong grip on the industry. Apple’s iOS 5 notifications revamp and Siri were acquired from Nuance and not innovated from scratch. It’s hard to imagine that using this management style will enable them to continue to be competitive. I personally find it a shocker that they didn’t release the rumoured teardrop iPhone 5. It would have been the type of launch the company needed at this point of time – instead of the disappointing iPhone 4S.

This is the time for Samsung to shine. What they do now will undoubtedly lead them to where they will be tomorrow. This is the most crucial period for Samsung in the history of their company, as the true test for the Korean giant has begun. Whether they become the next innovative leader or catalyse their own doom will all depend on what they do in the next year..

Earlier this year we were given a preview of iOS 5. It came with a new notification system, and many other elements that appeared to be heavily borrowed from Android. Siri was revealed at the iPhone 4S launch. These are the two biggest ‘game changing’ additions to iOS 5. The problem is they acquired the iOS notification system when they hired a developer from the jailbreak community, while Siri was from Nuance. Their camera lenses have previously been from Sony as well. The only new innovation on the table is the A5 chip.

Apple’s new business trend seems to be buying up good tech and incorporating it into their own ecosystem. I don’t know, it just sounds lazy to me. Samsung on the other hand, brought in Steve Kondik and acquired Grandis (a MRAM developer). Cyanogenmod fans will be watching Samsung closely. I doubt there will be a Cyanogenmod based Samsung phone in the near future, though I expect major improvements to Touchwiz and Samsung’s version of the Android OS. I’m not sure how Samsung will use Grandis for Android, maybe not at all.

Despite all that’s been said, it is crucial that Samsung continues to innovate new and fresh ideas to grow their dominance. Acquisitions should always be made as a last resort. Organic batteries would be a good place for Samsung to start.

3 Likes

Re: Apple Identifies Samsung-Products (Phones) To Ban by dandadee: 4:01pm On Aug 28, 2012
hahaha...i-crap cryboys.we all know how much you hate the samsung galxy s2.trounced your i phone 4s..and u cant live with that..well, any attempt to ban the almighty s2 will only increase its demand..but be fair enough to restrict the ban to the US..is 1billion dollars not enough to soothe your pains..sore loosers go back to the drawing board and figure out how the 'counterfeit' is more desirable than the 'original'

1 Like

Re: Apple Identifies Samsung-Products (Phones) To Ban by Nobody: 4:02pm On Aug 28, 2012
When Samsung released the original Samsung Galaxy S, it came with Super AMOLED. One generation later, the Samsung Galaxy S2 was released with Super AMOLED Plus. We are already hearing rumours of a Super Amoled HD in the works. The same goes with the Hummingbird to Exynos processor transition as well as the radical change in phone design. Also compare the original Galaxy Tab with the Galaxy Tab 10.1.

If you hold the Galaxy S in one hand and the Galaxy S2 in the other, you’ll be surprised what Samsung did within 1 year. After 6 months of the Galaxy S2 launch, they will be releasing the Nexus Prime (or Galaxy Nexus), and this will again raise the bar too fast for others to catch their breath.

You can’t ignore such change.

Apple on the other hand, takes 2 years to raise the bar in a significant way. Can you recall how long it took them to incorporate copy and paste? They took a pounding when the Android notification system hit their market share; causing them to grudgingly improve their notification system in iOS 5 as well.

It is clear after the iPhone 4S launch, that Apple no longer leads in innovation, but is a follower of trends. I also foresee the same antennagate, glassgate and cameragate happening to the iPhone 4S. Might as well throw in Sirigate early into the mix if the current Autocorrect problems haven’t given you enough of a headache, yet.

3 Likes

Re: Apple Identifies Samsung-Products (Phones) To Ban by 76Naira(m): 4:08pm On Aug 28, 2012
Apple can only try.
The Microsoft story has shown us that no company can stay number 1 forever.
Creative ideas are not bestowed to some few. they abound amongst men.

I dare to state that Apple might win the lawsuit but Samsung will win the market's compassion.
In 10 years all these suits will be gone and unless Apple can do more than a rectangular Iphone with rounded edges and an Ipad that would only change in Size, uncle Sammy will win the market in the next decade.

Asia owns the most active world's labor force and there is only little the west can do about that.
What Samsung looses currently, US & the west will pay to Asia for labor.

This is all a wast of time.......reinvent the western economy, get people back to all sorts of jobs & stop patenting "smiles" and making people pay more taxes than they get as revenue and maybe the west will survive the next 2 decades as world powers.

Italy, Greece, Spain, France, UK used to be mighty names, now we all see what is going on.

Asia is the next big thing and so will their companies and products especially the very best like Toyota, Honda, Samsung

A company this vast in products cannot be stopped.

Largest company of South Korea subsidiary: Samsung Life Insurance, Samsung Electronics, Samsung SDI, Samsung Electro-Mechanics, Samsung Corning Precision Glass, Samsung SDS, Samsung Networks, Samsung Techwin, Samsung Mobile Display, Samsung Digital Imaging, Samsung Fire & Marine Insurance, Samsung Card, Samsung Heavy Industries, Samsung Total Petrochemicals, Samsung C&T Corporation, Samsung Engineering, Cheil Industries, Samsung Everland, Hotel Shilla, Cheil Worldwide, Samsung Medical Center, Samsung Economic Research Institute.

1 Like

Re: Apple Identifies Samsung-Products (Phones) To Ban by Nobody: 4:09pm On Aug 28, 2012
ehie: With Steve gone, and the iPhone 4S looking really bad at the recent launch, it’s hard to say that Apple will continue to have a strong grip on the industry. Apple’s iOS 5 notifications revamp and Siri were acquired from Nuance and not innovated from scratch. It’s hard to imagine that using this management style will enable them to continue to be competitive. I personally find it a shocker that they didn’t release the rumoured teardrop iPhone 5. It would have been the type of launch the company needed at this point of time – instead of the disappointing iPhone 4S.

This is the time for Samsung to shine. What they do now will undoubtedly lead them to where they will be tomorrow. This is the most crucial period for Samsung in the history of their company, as the true test for the Korean giant has begun. Whether they become the next innovative leader or catalyse their own doom will all depend on what they do in the next year..

Earlier this year we were given a preview of iOS 5. It came with a new notification system, and many other elements that appeared to be heavily borrowed from Android. Siri was revealed at the iPhone 4S launch. These are the two biggest ‘game changing’ additions to iOS 5. The problem is they acquired the iOS notification system when they hired a developer from the jailbreak community, while Siri was from Nuance. Their camera lenses have previously been from Sony as well. The only new innovation on the table is the A5 chip.

Apple’s new business trend seems to be buying up good tech and incorporating it into their own ecosystem. I don’t know, it just sounds lazy to me. Samsung on the other hand, brought in Steve Kondik and acquired Grandis (a MRAM developer). Cyanogenmod fans will be watching Samsung closely. I doubt there will be a Cyanogenmod based Samsung phone in the near future, though I expect major improvements to Touchwiz and Samsung’s version of the Android OS. I’m not sure how Samsung will use Grandis for Android, maybe not at all.

Despite all that’s been said, it is crucial that Samsung continues to innovate new and fresh ideas to grow their dominance. Acquisitions should always be made as a last resort. Organic batteries would be a good place for Samsung to start.

Stop spamming the board.They should pay for the fraud they commited simple.
Re: Apple Identifies Samsung-Products (Phones) To Ban by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:12pm On Aug 28, 2012
hunh?

is it just me or quite a lot of the "info" on this thread is outright wrong, or and outdated?

smh
Re: Apple Identifies Samsung-Products (Phones) To Ban by Nobody: 4:15pm On Aug 28, 2012
Re: Apple Identifies Samsung-Products (Phones) To Ban by Nobody: 4:16pm On Aug 28, 2012
Re: Apple Identifies Samsung-Products (Phones) To Ban by Nobody: 4:16pm On Aug 28, 2012
Darlo22: Thank God u said "very own"

na lie ?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Ways Social Media Giants Are Brain Hacking Humans / January update: Download Dream League Soccer 2020 Mod For Android (DLS 20) / Konga.com Is Giving Free Credit.. Tested And Confirmed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.