Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,187 members, 7,822,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Did The Holy Spirit Commit Adultery ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did The Holy Spirit Commit Adultery ? (1414 Views)

Did Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Realy Commit Adultery? / Will A Born Again Christian Commit Adultery? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did The Holy Spirit Commit Adultery ? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Aug 28, 2012
I do not know how to put this across without being accused of Blasphemy, but I am not bothered. Holy Spirit 'made' Mary pregnant. Whatever means that occurred does not matter to me at this point. But bearing in mind that Mary was betrothed to Joseph before the Holy Spirit got her pregnant with the Son of God, Is it wrong to say Holy Spirit committed Adultery ?
Re: Did The Holy Spirit Commit Adultery ? by Emmy9ite(m): 6:52pm On Aug 28, 2012
Have u heard the word 'mystery'? It is not adultery,it is something we cannot understand!
Re: Did The Holy Spirit Commit Adultery ? by Chanchit: 6:53pm On Aug 28, 2012
Bros, e be like say u don sniff spiritual sh!?t..
Re: Did The Holy Spirit Commit Adultery ? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Aug 28, 2012
Chanchit: Bros, e be like say u don sniff spiritual sh!?t..
Did you ever think to ask yourself this question ? I also heard some pastors do sleep with female faithfuls during "midnight spiritual cleansing assignment" Dont you think there might be connection ? May be there is something those MOGs know, that we dont.
Re: Did The Holy Spirit Commit Adultery ? by okeyxyz(m): 12:01am On Aug 29, 2012
Billyonaire: I do not know how to put this across without being accused of Blasphemy, but I am not bothered. Holy Spirit 'made' Mary pregnant. Whatever means that occurred does not matter to me at this point. But bearing in mind that Mary was betrothed to Joseph before the Holy Spirit got her pregnant with the Son of God, Is it wrong to say Holy Spirit committed Adultery ?
A few questions:
What is adultery and who or what is the holy spirit? Is he human? If yes, then he qualifies to be in a position of being accused of adultery, but if not and is "spirit", then your questions makes absolute no sense and should either be refined or simply dumped as rubbish as it is.

In your judgment as a perfectly logical adult, is adultery the only means to get a woman pregnant?
Re: Did The Holy Spirit Commit Adultery ? by Delafruita(m): 1:38am On Aug 29, 2012
okeyxyz:
A few questions:
What is adultery and who or what is the holy spirit? Is he human? If yes, then he qualifies to be in a position of being accused of adultery, but if not and is "spirit", then your questions makes absolute no sense and should either be refined or simply dumped as rubbish as it is.

In your judgment as a perfectly logical adult, is adultery the only means to get a woman pregnant?
every means of getting a woman pregnant involves kerewa
Re: Did The Holy Spirit Commit Adultery ? by Niflheim(m): 1:45pm On Aug 29, 2012
there are women in america who talk about the anunaki(aliens),and how they abducted them, extracted their eggs and impregnated them through artificial insemination!!!
Re: Did The Holy Spirit Commit Adultery ? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Aug 29, 2012
okeyxyz:
A few questions:

Call me names if you chose to, I think I know a little about the Holy Spirit than you think. But whether the holy spirit is human or spirit is a question for another day. The issue here is that someone's betrothed got impregnated by power of the holy spirit and I need to know if this is not wrong.
Re: Did The Holy Spirit Commit Adultery ? by mkmyers45(m): 6:12pm On Aug 29, 2012
Niflheim: there are women in america who talk about the anunaki(aliens),and how they abducted them, extracted their eggs and impregnated them through artificial insemination!!!

True even the first immaculate conception story emanated in assyria and is older than biblical accounts...
Re: Did The Holy Spirit Commit Adultery ? by mkmyers45(m): 6:13pm On Aug 29, 2012
Billyonaire: Call me names if you chose to, I think I know a little about the Holy Spirit than you think. But whether the holy spirit is human or spirit is a question for another day. The issue here is that someone's betrothed got impregnated by power of the holy spirit and I need to know if this is not wrong.

Bro me you just forget me angry angry
Re: Did The Holy Spirit Commit Adultery ? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Aug 29, 2012
mkmyers45:

Bro me you just forget me angry angry
I havent forgotten you o ? What-a-gwan ? Still the Astral Projection issue ?
Re: Did The Holy Spirit Commit Adultery ? by mkmyers45(m): 9:11pm On Aug 29, 2012
Billyonaire: I havent forgotten you o ? What-a-gwan ? Still the Astral Projection issue ?
eh and the Jesus thread
Re: Did The Holy Spirit Commit Adultery ? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Aug 29, 2012
mkmyers45: eh and the Jesus thread
Jesus was a good man, he was a lower initiate in degree two of the an ancient esoteric organization who actually believed that he could take care of the karmic debts himself. Because of the nature of Jesus' works and words, he must constantly return to the court of Yama until there are no more misunderstandings involving his name." "On the other hand, the followers of Jesus believed that he could take care of the karmic debts himself. Those following him dumped all their transgressions on him, doing nobody any good. They didn't learn the lessons of the laws of karma, and Jesus now has to answer for all the things done in his name." He was no Son of God as popularly acclaimed but an enlightened Chela who opted out at degree 2 and moved through, Tibet, Egypt and other ancient mystical climates studying mystical sciences. The Bible is actually is good old book that is excellent for beginners, but one wonders why none of the 12 disciples wrote any book in the Bible, yet it took more than 50 yrs for even the first history of Jesus to be written by people who never saw him. The history and story of Jesus in the bible are copy and paste, find and replace of other traditions. It didnt happen. But hey, faith works wonders, and faith is electro-magnetic universe force, it has nothing to do with religion. Faith is electromagnetic energy with which all things come to pass.
Re: Did The Holy Spirit Commit Adultery ? by DeepSight(m): 9:34pm On Aug 29, 2012
Only id.iots believe that ridiculous middle-eastern fable.
Re: Did The Holy Spirit Commit Adultery ? by OmoAlata(f): 11:20pm On Aug 29, 2012
Tread very carefully guys

Mark 3:22-30 states,

"And the scribes who came down from Jerusalem said, 'He has Beelzebub,' and, 'By the ruler of the demons He casts out demons.' …'Assuredly, I [Jesus] say to you, all sins will be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they may utter; but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation;' because they said, 'He has an unclean spirit'"
Re: Did The Holy Spirit Commit Adultery ? by ijawkid(m): 12:50am On Aug 30, 2012
The HOLY spirit na person??
Re: Did The Holy Spirit Commit Adultery ? by Goshen360(m): 12:52am On Aug 30, 2012
ijawkid: The HOLY spirit na person??

I tire for these people oo. cheesy
Re: Did The Holy Spirit Commit Adultery ? by KristenST: 7:01am On Aug 30, 2012
okeyxyz[color=#990000][/color]

I think to answer this question you have to try and understand what the Holy Spirit is.

What is the Holy Spirit? John speaks to the people

(Luke 3:16) John answered them all, "I baptize you with water. But one more powerful
than I will come, the thongs of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie. He will baptize
you with the Holy Spirit and with fire.

It says In the Bible when Jesus stepped forward for John to baptize him leading by example.
Matthew 3:13-17
13Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to be baptized by John. 14But John tried to deter him, saying, “I need to be baptized by you, and do you come to me?”
15Jesus replied, “Let it be so now; it is proper for us to do this to fulfill all righteousness.” Then John consented.
16As soon as Jesus was baptized, He went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and lighting on Him. 17And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with Him I am well pleased.”

The Holy Ghost is a spirit that can come upon you like the brushing of wind, like the warmth from the sun. The Holy Spirit is of God and is good. It is not lust or fornication or adultery because it has no sexual or fleshly intentions or desires. God Holy Spirit didn’t just come upon Mary, there are many references in the Bible about the Holy Spirit and it “coming over” or “over shadowing” many people. To receive the gift of the Holy Spirit God gives you the power to help you overcome all that is evil and unrighteous.

ACTS 1:5-8
5 For John baptized with water, but in a few days you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.”
6 Then they gathered around him and asked him, “Lord, are you at this time going to restore the kingdom to Israel?”
7 He said to them: “It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority. But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”

Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own. 1 Cor 6:19

When you have accepted Christ into your life and have done what is ask of you to be saved

(Acts 2:38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.)

You have given yourself to him saying yes here I am Lord use me in any way you wish to do your works and your will.

[b]Luke 1:30-38
30 But the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary; you have found favor with God. 31 You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you are to call him Jesus. 32 He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, 33 and he will reign over Jacob’s descendants forever; his kingdom will never end.”
34 “How will this be,” Mary asked the angel, “since I am a virgin?”
35 The angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God. 36 Even Elizabeth your relative is going to have a child in her old age, and she who was said to be unable to conceive is in her sixth month. 37 For no word from God will ever fail.”
38 “I am the Lord’s servant,” Mary answered. “May your word to me be fulfilled.” Then the angel left her.
Mary knew in loving the Lord our God and trusting him and his plan for her life was to bring only good. So she accepted his will as a willing servant to him.
[/b]
The plan God had for Mary was predestined before she was ever born. God knew the kind of person she was going to be. He chose her and her people to be his people. We all have a purpose in life he has a plan for each one of us and this was Marys’ to give birth to the Son of God, Our redeemer. Here are a few scriptures in the bible where it states that we are not our own. In the Beginning God created Adam and from Adam there was Eve. God is our creator and we are his vessels to use us.

(For we are laborers together with God: you are God's field, you are God's building -1 Corinthians 3:9)

(I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. I said, 'You are my servant'; I have chosen you and have not rejected you. – Isaiah 41:9)

Even when we have sinned God is there to forgive us if we are genuinely sorry for what we have done and seek repentance. He is still with us and will use us to do his will.

(Rom 8:28: And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.)

If we so chose to do the will and the works of the Lord by knowing him and loving him he will direct us in the plan that he has for our lives.
So in Answer to your Question. Did God commit adultery with Mary because she was betrothed to Joseph? No. She did not. She was a willing servent to his plan for her and she was not Married to Joesph only betrothed but in this Joseph acknowledged that this was to God’s Will also. In agreeance with the Will of God it came to pass.

Matthew 1:20-25
20 But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, “Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. 21 She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins.”
22 All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: 23 “The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel” (which means “God with us”).
24 When Joseph woke up, he did what the angel of the Lord had commanded him and took Mary home as his wife. 25 But he did not consummate their marriage until she gave birth to a son. And he gave him the name Jesus.

I hope this helped some. When learning about the bible and Christianity there are lots of questions out there. Us as Christians aren't suppose to judge if someone is wondering or confused of a subject we need to come to him/her in peace and try to give knowledge on the subject the best we can and not ridicule someones ignorance(not an insult) in the unknown or the unfamiliar.(Not saying the bible is unfamiliar to you.) There are just some things in it that can be confusing and I think People who have searched and studied the word have found that so from time to time. That is why studying is important and asking questions. Certain answers can help in ways that you yourself might not have understood. smiley

1 Peter 3:15
But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect.
Re: Did The Holy Spirit Commit Adultery ? by KristenST: 7:08am On Aug 30, 2012
Sorry for Billyonaire and okeyxyz
or to Whom it may Concern of this subject for that matter. After reading a lot of these posts
I dont know who to really direct my post to honestly maybe just "in general" smiley
Re: Did The Holy Spirit Commit Adultery ? by Nobody: 8:04am On Aug 30, 2012
okeyxyz:
A few questions:
the annoying thing is that none of you can really prove this holy spirit exist or any spirit whatsoever.
Re: Did The Holy Spirit Commit Adultery ? by OmoAlata(f): 9:10am On Aug 30, 2012
diluminati:
the annoying thing is that none of you can really prove this holy spirit exist or any spirit whatsoever.

Why don't you go on your knees and ask for a visitation?

1 Like

Re: Did The Holy Spirit Commit Adultery ? by Nobody: 12:20am On Aug 31, 2012
KristenST: Sorry for Billyonaire and okeyxyz
or to Whom it may Concern of this subject for that matter. After reading a lot of these posts
I dont know who to really direct my post to honestly maybe just "in general" smiley
This post is not to analyze or judge the authenticity of the birth of the Lord and Savior. It is just for us to be enlightened on the misdemeanor or righteousness of the act of "coming over" and getting Mary pregnant with the lord. Is it not supposed to be adultery ? Or is there a forgivable "Holy Adultery" ?
Re: Did The Holy Spirit Commit Adultery ? by Nobody: 5:47am On Aug 31, 2012
Emmy9ite: Have u heard the word 'mystery'? It is not adultery,it is something we cannot understand!

you seem to know more than the bastards who wrote the bible sad
Re: Did The Holy Spirit Commit Adultery ? by Nobody: 5:53am On Aug 31, 2012
Billyonaire: Jesus was a good man, he was a lower initiate in degree two of the an ancient esoteric organization who actually believed that he could take care of the karmic debts himself. Because of the nature of Jesus' works and words, he must constantly return to the court of Yama until there are no more misunderstandings involving his name." "On the other hand, the followers of Jesus believed that he could take care of the karmic debts himself. Those following him dumped all their transgressions on him, doing nobody any good. They didn't learn the lessons of the laws of karma, and Jesus now has to answer for all the things done in his name." He was no Son of God as popularly acclaimed but an enlightened Chela who opted out at degree 2 and moved through, Tibet, Egypt and other ancient mystical climates studying mystical sciences. The Bible is actually is good old book that is excellent for beginners, but one wonders why none of the 12 disciples wrote any book in the Bible, yet it took more than 50 yrs for even the first history of Jesus to be written by people who never saw him. The history and story of Jesus in the bible are copy and paste, find and replace of other traditions. It didnt happen. But hey, faith works wonders, and faith is electro-magnetic universe force, it has nothing to do with religion. Faith is electromagnetic energy with which all things come to pass.

You are right!! In fact, Jesus was an Essen,he did not even die on the cross as the bible said. His descendants live in France. If you go to Spain,the natives will tell you how Mary escaped to the Spanish Island with pregnancy. They still honor her till today

Nigerians love to be deceived. It is because they have low IQ
Re: Did The Holy Spirit Commit Adultery ? by OmoAlata(f): 1:28pm On Aug 31, 2012
ifeness:

Nigerians love to be deceived. It is because they have low IQ

And why can't it be the Spanish who are deceived? wink

(1) (Reply)

Most Widely Circulated Magazine In The World / VIDEO: COZA SEX Scandal Ese Walter Rapping At Glo X-factor / Before You Pay That Firstfruits Offering!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.