Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,076 members, 7,825,399 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

5 Things You Mustn't Do Before Sleeping - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 5 Things You Mustn't Do Before Sleeping (12101 Views)

7 Things You Should Not Do Before Sleeping / Five Things You Must Avoid Before Sleeping At Night / 5 Things To Avoid Before Sleeping (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

5 Things You Mustn't Do Before Sleeping by Nobody: 8:10pm On Aug 28, 2012
DON’T SLEEP WITH WATCH
Watches can emit a certain level of radioactivity. Though small, but if you wear your watch to bed for a long time, it might have adverse effects on your health.

DON’T SLEEP WITH BRA
Scientists in America have discovered those that wear bras for more than 12 hours have a higher risk of getting breast cancer. So go to bed without it.

DON’T SLEEP WITH PHONE

Putting the phone beside your bed or anywhere near you is not encouraged.
Though some of us will use phones as alarm clocks, but please put the phone as far as possible. Scientists have proved that electrical items including mobile phone and television sets emit magnetic waves when used. These waves can cause disruptions to our nervous system. Therefore if you need to put your mobile phone near you, switch it off first.

DON’T SLEEP WITH MAKE UP
People who sleep with make up might have skin problems in the long run.
Sleeping with make up will cause the skin to have difficulty in breathing and problem in perspiring. You will also need a much longer time to go into deep sleep.

DON’T SLEEP WITH OTHERS’ WIFE/HUSBAND
You may never wake up again.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Mustn't Do Before Sleeping by 4mula9: 8:18pm On Aug 28, 2012
grin[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#550000][/color]Tanks 4d tips. Most xpecialy no 5 ;DTanks 4d tips. Most xpecialy no 5
Re: 5 Things You Mustn't Do Before Sleeping by MariaGoretti: 8:30pm On Aug 28, 2012
noted
Re: 5 Things You Mustn't Do Before Sleeping by pearlhapi(f): 8:54pm On Aug 28, 2012
Don't sleep with bra?well av heard that severally and I v always fallen a victim•maybe I just need someone to explain why it shouldn't be done befor I finally stop it

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Mustn't Do Before Sleeping by Acidosis(m): 9:19pm On Aug 28, 2012
pearl~hapi:
Don't sleep with bra?well av heard that severally and I v always fallen a victim•maybe I just need someone to explain why it shouldn't be done befor I finally stop it

There's nothing wrong with wearing a bra while you sleep if that's what you're
comfortable with. Some doctors may even recommend it when a girl's breasts are very sore. You've probably heard all sorts of rumors, both positive and negative, about wearing a bra at night. But the truth is, there's no scientific basis to any of them. Sleeping in a bra wille not make a girl's breasts perkier or prevent them from
getting saggy. And it will not cause a girl to develop cancer or stunt her breast growth. (It's also not true that underwire bras cause breast cancer.)
Some women want to wear a bra to bed because they think it feels more
comfortable. Your best bet is to choose a lightweight, non- underwire bra. Some camisole-style pajama tops even come with a bra built in. The bra you choose to sleep in shouldn't be too tight or have parts that dig in: that could disrupt your sleep or cause
breast irritation. On the subject of staying comfortable, it's never a good idea (day or night) to wear bras that are extremely tight or don't fit properly.
Reviewed by: Larissa Hirsch, MD
Date reviewed: September 2010
Re: 5 Things You Mustn't Do Before Sleeping by Acidosis(m): 9:21pm On Aug 28, 2012
Re: 5 Things You Mustn't Do Before Sleeping by pearlhapi(f): 10:02pm On Aug 28, 2012
Acidosis:

There's nothing wrong with wearing a bra while you sleep if that's what you're
comfortable with. Some doctors may even recommend it when a girl's breasts are very sore. You've probably heard all sorts of rumors, both positive and negative, about wearing a bra at night. But the truth is, there's no scientific basis to any of them. Sleeping in a bra wille not make a girl's breasts perkier or prevent them from
getting saggy. And it will not cause a girl to develop cancer or stunt her breast growth. (It's also not true that underwire bras cause breast cancer.)
Some women want to wear a bra to bed because they think it feels more
comfortable. Your best bet is to choose a lightweight, non- underwire bra. Some camisole-style pajama tops even come with a bra built in. The bra you choose to sleep in shouldn't be too tight or have parts that dig in: that could disrupt your sleep or cause
breast irritation. On the subject of staying comfortable, it's never a good idea (day or night) to wear bras that are extremely tight or don't fit properly.
Reviewed by: Larissa Hirsch, MD
Date reviewed: September 2010
ooooh I c•fenk u for the detailed xplainings•
Re: 5 Things You Mustn't Do Before Sleeping by kay9(m): 10:16pm On Aug 28, 2012
I always sleep with my phone. All these talk, vibration this, cancer that... Humbug. My phone's a cross between Bane and Bruce Wayne; every morning it RISES with me! wink

Oh and by the way, in appreciation of his extensive research on the subject, i hereby confer on Acidosis the honorary title of ''The Boobsman''. grin grin
Re: 5 Things You Mustn't Do Before Sleeping by Acidosis(m): 8:36am On Aug 29, 2012
kay9:
Oh and by the way, in appreciation of his extensive research on the subject, i hereby confer on Acidosis the honorary title of ''The Boobsman''. grin grin
hehehehe. . .thats hilarious!
Re: 5 Things You Mustn't Do Before Sleeping by Nobody: 11:07am On Aug 29, 2012
Acidosis: Nice one ~Vicky~!!!

What if I sleep on the same bed with you??

grin grin grin

grin grin grin...i share my bed alone

stillme: @Op,make sure u don't sleep with Bunmioguns.

angry angry angryBunmi is my friend
Re: 5 Things You Mustn't Do Before Sleeping by dbrightest: 11:23am On Aug 29, 2012
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy @No 5...
Re: 5 Things You Mustn't Do Before Sleeping by intrepid: 11:35am On Aug 29, 2012
Much has been said about phones and radiation emission but many ppl ignore it due to misunderstanding of that word "RADIATION" and how inimical it can be to health.Please keep phones away from you when asleep.Thanks Op for that information.
Re: 5 Things You Mustn't Do Before Sleeping by kay9(m): 12:05pm On Aug 29, 2012
^^ Hogwash. I'll prolly out-live u sef, nothing personal.
Re: 5 Things You Mustn't Do Before Sleeping by Naanhetch: 2:29pm On Aug 29, 2012
lmao no 5 very funny
Re: 5 Things You Mustn't Do Before Sleeping by mukina2: 2:46pm On Aug 29, 2012

(1)

201 Edo Health Workers Test Positive For COVID-19 / Ebola: South African Woman Tested Negative - Minister of Health, Prof. Chukwu / Stale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.