Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:33 AM

I Wish I Were A Lady - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / I Wish I Were A Lady (6823 Views)

Love Story: I Wish I Held Back.... / Love Story: I Wish I Had Held Back. / "If I Were To Be Nigerian President" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Wish I Were A Lady by joe4christ(m): 7:59am On Sep 11, 2012
mute4real: I wish I was a lady. So I could live my life by the rule 'If you have it then you can flaunt it.' Not minding if it has any significant impact on the lives of men who have been designed to be attracted to what they see. It is my life so I can live it the way I choose.

I wish I was a lady. So I could wear tight fitted pants with tops that barely go below my waistline. So I could show the world the curves of my hips and how good looking the shape of my legs are. It is not my business if I am too hot for you to handle. If I am too tempting for you, then take your eyes off of me.

I wish I was a lady. With well shaped breasts that can I display for the world to see. I just love what I see in the mirror with low neckline dresses that allows the top part of my breasts protrude out of the dress. God gave me this beauty. What is wrong with showing the world?

I wish I was a lady. So I could walk the streets during the day scantily clad. So I could show off all the beauty I have been endowed with, both in front and behind. I don’t care if later at night a hundred men are having sex with me in their imaginations. That’s their business. For all I care I am still a virgin.

I wish I was a lady. So I could go to church with sleeveless tops and well exposed cleavage. So when I lift up my holy hands, the sides of my breasts can be exposed for all to see. I’ll just be in the spirit and speak in tongues. I don’t care if the guy beside me has his tongue tied because of what he is seeing.

I wish I was a lady. So I can innocently dress seductively. So I can cause the heads of men with their wives in the car to turn around as they drive past me. It does not matter if that would lead to a serious one on one session between the man and his wife. After all, I was innocently dressed.

I wish I was a lady. So when I am in my boss’ office to drop the files on his desk, I’ll just bend a little bit more than is necessary. So he can have a glimpse of my round and full breasts. Who knows, what happens next might just earn me that promotion that I so desperately need. I’ve got to use what I have to get what I want. It’s an age old formula that always works.

I wish I was a lady. So when I come across a guy that I like I’ll just accidentally drop my pen. So as I bend to pick it up, he’ll get to see that my breasts are real and not padded. I’ll pretend I don’t know that as a lady I am supposed to bend with my knees and not my waist.

I wish I was a lady. So I could be on the pages and cover pages of magazines with revealing undies. It’s awesome to see all the camera lights flashing during the photo shoots. It feels good to be a superstar. It does not matter if any man tears off my picture from the magazine and pastes it on his wall so he can use it to fantasize about dirty things he wished he could do with me.

I wished I was a lady. So I could live life by the rule, 'If you have it then you can flaunt it.' It does not matter how many men end up in hell because I showed them a little bit more than they could handle. And what they did with the thoughts of that little extra sent them to hell.

But now I am a guy. So I guess I’ll just have to find a way to deal with all of these ‘nonsenses’ till my time on earth is over.

The one who Jesus loves,
Mute Efe,
www.facebook.com/mutehimself

You keep propagating the kingdom of darkness and you think you're doing God the service?
Saying you are loved by Jesus, of course christ died for us even while we are yet sinners, what you're exhibiting today are signs that you're gradually losing it, sooner than later u might start acting like those that have been given out to their own lust (A reprobate mind)

[size=15pt]Romans 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their
knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to
do those things which are not convenient; 29 Being filled
with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness,
covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate,
deceit, malignity; whisperers, 30 Backbiters, haters of
God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things,
disobedient to parents, 31 Without understanding,
covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable,
unmerciful: 32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that
they which commit such things are worthy of death, not
only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do
them.[/size]
Re: I Wish I Were A Lady by joe4christ(m): 8:00am On Sep 11, 2012
Re: I Wish I Were A Lady by Lovetinz(m): 8:34am On Sep 11, 2012
You wouldn't wish you were a lady for much longer
if you read poor Cynthia of blessed memory's story.
Would that have happened to a guy? angry
Re: I Wish I Were A Lady by snthesis(m): 3:32pm On Sep 11, 2012
cant believe there are so many myopic ppl on NL shocked shocked
if u cant get the msg behind the piece- men! u need help

@OP
nice one!
Re: I Wish I Were A Lady by mute4real: 6:55pm On Sep 11, 2012
snthesis: cant believe there are so many myopic ppl on NL shocked shocked
if u cant get the msg behind the piece- men! u need help

@OP
nice one!
@snthesis, thank you, thank you very much. To say I am surprised is an understatement. I have actually been thinking if there was something I did wrong in the piece. I am amazed that people cannot comprehend such a simple piece. We need serious help in this country and we need it fast.
Re: I Wish I Were A Lady by adaptor4all: 1:37am On Sep 12, 2012
Be careful of wat u wish for man..u wish u were a lady so u cud flaunt many tins,but u neva tot,4 hw long?..As a lady,menopause go pause u,as a man,u fit lambo til 80..so get sense cos I dey para
Re: I Wish I Were A Lady by thorpido(m): 1:10pm On Sep 12, 2012
joe4christ:

You keep propagating the kingdom of darkness and you think you're doing God the service?
Saying you are loved by Jesus, of course christ died for us even while we are yet sinners, what you're exhibiting today are signs that you're gradually losing it, sooner than later u might start acting like those that have been given out to their own lust (A reprobate mind)

[size=15pt]Romans 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their
knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to
do those things which are not convenient; 29 Being filled
with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness,
covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate,
deceit, malignity; whisperers, 30 Backbiters, haters of
God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things,
disobedient to parents, 31 Without understanding,
covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable,
unmerciful: 32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that
they which commit such things are worthy of death, not
only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do
them.[/size]
Joe4Christ,you need to get an english teacher who can teach you styles of writing and expressions.It's obvious you didn't get this.
Re: I Wish I Were A Lady by marvilala(m): 1:23pm On Sep 12, 2012
Nice post..
Re: I Wish I Were A Lady by mute4real: 10:50am On Sep 15, 2012
NL, it will do us well if we read to comprehend instead of jumping into conclusions. I find it disheartening that of all more than forty responses to this article, less than five people really comprehended it. All other responses were just out of place.
Re: I Wish I Were A Lady by Cuddlemii: 11:46am On Sep 15, 2012
mute4real: NL, it will do us well if we read to comprehend instead of jumping into conclusions. I find it disheartening that of all more than forty responses to this article, less than five people really comprehended it. All other responses were just out of place.
kariolality: Criticism is equivalent to the fuel that makes a vehicle move,if the fuel dry off,well the vehicle has to stop thus making a journey to be delayed.Criticism makes you to achieve your goal faster.

You just exhibited a weakness.

Everyone would interpret and misinterpret your work, that is what makes you a writer.

What you should have done was tell your own side of the write-up- explain what you meant/your intention was in a comment.

You can't force your critics to see things with your own eyes, let them see it with theirs and let your expression expose every reader to all possibilities. That is the beauty of literature, one word can open doors to so many meanings.

You've written well, leave your readers to explore it.
Re: I Wish I Were A Lady by mute4real: 3:00pm On Sep 15, 2012
Cuddlemii:

You just exhibited a weakness.

Everyone would interpret and misinterpret your work, that is what makes you a writer.

What you should have done was tell your own side of the write-up- explain what you meant/your intention was in a comment.

You can't force your critics to see things with your own eyes, let them see it with theirs and let your expression expose every reader to all possibilities. That is the beauty of literature, one word can open doors to so many meanings.

You've written well, leave your readers to explore it.
Cuddlemii,
What I am talking about has nothing to do with criticism. In fact to be a good critic, one needs to have proper comprehension of the article. And there is a difference btw criticizing an article and insulting the writer of the article. Where is civility if we cannot stick to issues.

And as a moderator this act of insulting writers is one of the things you should address. The fact that I don't agree with the content of your article is not an excuse for me to be insulting you, but that is what is prevalent here and I am yet to see you really address that.

I Wish I Were A Lady was not written in codes. Anyone who really read it till the end should be able to comprehend it, but I guess some pple just want to read their own comments so they read the title of an article and rush to place a comment. Whatever happened to the popular saying, "Never judge a book by its cover."? In this case, by its title.

Plz let's be civil and do things right. Criticize the article, don't insult the writer. Thanks.
Re: I Wish I Were A Lady by Cuddlemii: 3:33pm On Sep 15, 2012
mute4real:
Cuddlemii,
What I am talking about has nothing to do with criticism. In fact to be a good critic, one needs to have proper comprehension of the article. And there is a difference btw criticizing an article and insulting the writer of the article. Where is civility if we cannot stick to issues.

And as a moderator this act of insulting writers is one of the things you should address. The fact that I don't agree with the content of your article is not an excuse for me to be insulting you, but that is what is prevalent here and I am yet to see you really address that.

I Wish I Were A Lady was not written in codes. Anyone who really read it till the end should be able to comprehend it, but I guess some pple just want to read their own comments so they read the title of an article and rush to place a comment. Whatever happened to the popular saying, "Never judge a book by its cover."? In this case, by its title.

Plz let's be civil and do things right. Criticize the article, don't insult the writer. Thanks.

Oh please,

Did you skip the part I was rudely addressed for putting up your write-up without changing your "was" to "were"? Did you see my reply?

I was also addressed rudely but I replied the handle respectfully teaching him how to criticize constructively.

The rules and regulation of this section also addresses constructive criticism. I make it my priority to state it everywhere on this section that members should criticize writers constructively.

What more do you want? You expect me to flog the members into adhering to constructive criticism? Learn to ignore the things that don't add value to your life and focus on what is positive/important.

Most posters/members/mods of this forum have been insulted or rudely addressed and didn't apportion blames on anyone. These things happen but never allow unknown people get to you. You are too brave for that!

Lexo22: The title of this topic is grammatically wrong and I am disappointed in the moderator who allowed this post to cross front page without correcting the fatal error ... @poster next time try "i wish i were a woman" no fighting oh abeg naem i dey oh!

Cuddlemii:

Noted!

You know rudeness doesn't get you you anywhere.

If you observe an error make it known constructively.

Now that you've corrected it yourself, has it not contributed to the learning process?

Some members have learnt the difference between "was" and "were", through your observation and that is commendable.

No one is above mistake, next time, I will look closely for errors like this.

https://www.nairaland.com/1032505/wish-lady#12126210
Re: I Wish I Were A Lady by Cuddlemii: 3:56pm On Sep 15, 2012
@mute4real,

I have hidden all the offensive posts and left the constructive ones.

Hope you are happy now? smiley
Re: I Wish I Were A Lady by mute4real: 3:58pm On Sep 15, 2012
Cuddlemii:

Oh please,

Did you skip the part I was rudely addressed for putting up your write-up without changing your "was" to "were"? Did you see my reply?

I was also addressed rudely but I replied the handle respectfully teaching him how to criticize constructively.

The rules and regulation of this section also addresses constructive criticism. I make it my priority to state it everywhere on this section that members should criticize writers constructively.

What more do you want? You expect me to flog the members into adhering to constructive criticism? Learn to ignore the things that don't add value to your life and focus on what is positive/important.

Most posters/members/mods of this forum have been insulted or rudely addressed but they handled it maturely and didn't apportion blames on anyone. These things happen but never allow unknown people get to you. You are too brave for that!
Cuddlemii,
I observed everything in silence while it happened. There is nothing grammatically wrong with I Wish I Was A Lady. I kept quiet becos both forms are correct. 'I wish I was' and 'I wish I were' are both correct. In fact, in British English, 'I wish I was' is the correct form. It is American English that uses 'I wish I were.'

You can confirm in the Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary, 7th Edition. Look up the word 'Wish' on page 1689 and you will find that I am correct.

So, please, next time when someone places such comment about wrong English usage, try to do a thorough check before effecting such corrections.

1 Like

Re: I Wish I Were A Lady by Cuddlemii: 6:04pm On Sep 15, 2012
mute4real:
Cuddlemii,
I observed everything in silence while it happened. There is nothing grammatically wrong with I Wish I Was A Lady. I kept quiet becos both forms are correct. 'I wish I was' and 'I wish I were' are both correct. In fact, in British English, 'I wish I was' is the correct form. It is American English that uses 'I wish I were.'

You can confirm in the Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary, 7th Edition. Look up the word 'Wish' on page 1689 and you will find that I am correct.

So, please, next time when someone places such comment about wrong English usage, try to do a thorough check before effecting such corrections.

Contrary to what you said, I did my research before I changed the subject to I wish I were a lady.
I can send an extensive & detailed email of the information I gathered in my research.
I don't want to derail your thread or trigger any negative effect.
Better still, we can address it on the chat room if you like.
Should you need me to change the subject back to I wish I was a lady,
I will because its your topic, ok?
But remember, I wish I were a lady was used in the content of your write-up smiley
Re: I Wish I Were A Lady by Nobody: 10:59am On Sep 22, 2012
No! You wish you were a woman. Some women dothese things you say.....but ladies like me...never! *wink*
[url]Www.lagosgirlromanceseries..com[/url]
Re: I Wish I Were A Lady by Cuddlemii: 11:11am On Sep 22, 2012
@op,
Since I didn't get a feedback from you, I might as well post it here.
Here are some of the information I gathered, it might be useful or not!

What Does “Subjunctive” Mean?

“Subjunctive” refers to a “verb mood” that conveys an urgency, and it generally points to a desire or imaginary situation.
This mood is most noticeable in the third person.
In subjunctive form, the simplest root of the word is used.

Because the word wish, it is clear that the speaker is talking about something that is not so.
In such a case, the subjunctive is called for:
"I wish I were a lady"

This form below is called for when the statement refers to a state outside reality:
I wish I were a lady (You are not a lady & can never be a lady at least in reality)

What does "Indicative" mean?
It simply means what is happening, what happened, what will happen.
Gives the facts. It exists in all the basic sentences.

This form is called for when the statement refers to a state of being that existed, or could have existed in actual time:
"I was lost"
"If I was unkind to you in those days, please forgive me"

WAS is used in a situation where the statement might once have been or could be in reality. This verb mood is called indicative
Re: I Wish I Were A Lady by Nobody: 4:17pm On Sep 22, 2012
pls, these r not compliments, complete sarcasmcheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Earth's Invasion (winners take earth.) / Before Her Very Eyes / Nnenne’s Last Valentine: Short Story By Oluoma Udemezue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.