Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,855 members, 7,855,528 topics. Date: Monday, 10 June 2024 at 01:08 AM

For Nigeria's Health: You, My Friend, Are Responsible - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / For Nigeria's Health: You, My Friend, Are Responsible (1774 Views)

Germany Tells Netanyahu: We Are Responsible For The Holocaust -BBC / Do You Agree With Bbc's Analysis Of Nigeria's Health, Wealth And Population? / Nigerian Senators Say Tummy-exposing Sarees Are Responsible For Corruption! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Nigeria's Health: You, My Friend, Are Responsible by prophet(m): 10:09pm On Apr 10, 2006
Whatever happens to Nigeria for good or ill ,  you are responsible.
Whatever you do to make it happen, my friend, you are responsible.
Point all your fingers in accusation and toes too, you are responsible.
Laugh when others cry, in mockery or genuinely, you are responsible.
When the fires rage and and all is gained or lost, you are responsible.
When the tides rise, consuming all beneath, you are responsible.
Floods will cease and some survive or not, you are responsible.

If you honour God believing in Him or not, you are responsible.
Whether you are born again or reborn or not, you are responsible.
When you lie, cheat, kill, maim or let it happen, you are responsible.
When you can and do nothing about it or not, you are responsible.
When you take oath and break the same or not, you are responsible.
Gloat about gains when others hunger, thirst, you are responsible.
Choose to watch passively all you like or not, you are responsible.

Pray to God, calling Him whatever name, you are responsible.
Your God or god answers you or not, still, you are responsible.
Promote any sexuality or family values or not, you are responsible.
You can run, hide, wear and tear all you like, you are responsible.
Choose to build, destroy, aggravate, stabilise, you are responsible.
Lawyer, Engineer, Barrister, Accountant or not, you are responsible.
Burglar, Witch, Wizard, Witch, Herbalist or not, you are responsible.

Politician, Teacher, Student, Parent or not, you are responsible.
President, Governor, Senator, Politician, you all are responsible.
Professor, Father, Mother, Brother, Sister, you are responsible.
Participant, complainant, wide awake or asleep, you are responsible.
Adults, children, young people, Boys, girls, you are responsible.
Men, women, old, young, at home or abroad, you are responsible.
Whatever battle gear you want to wear, you are still responsible.

Committed to rebuilding Nigeria, take part or not, you are responsible.
Many are weak, some dying, ignore them or not, you are responsible.
We are alive, some are dead and or born, still, you are responsible.
Respect elders, parents, teachers and all or not, you are responsible.
Glorify evil interests all you want or just watch, you are responsible.
Some came, destroyed Nigeria, return or not, you are responsible.
Watch them come again and again, or not, you are still responsible.

We stand united or fall divided, you are still very much responsible.
You may not take a stand now, you will still be very responsible.
Live or die in battle or not, my people, you are still responsible.
Buy and sell all you want, rich, poor alike, you are still responsible.
Knowledge gives some power, believe or not, you are responsible.
Spend you life acquiring, wealth, wisdom, you are still responsible.
Bottom line: Nigerians, pray; like it or not, you are still responsible.

My choice is to pray fervently for Nigeria because,  am responsible.
My choice is to speak well and positively of Nigeria, I am responsible.
My choice is to be a good ambassador, because, I am responsible.
I choose to spread all that is good about Nigeria, as I am responsible.
Your choice is yours, to do or not to do same, still we are responsible.
As a leader or follower, all in all and God for all, we are responsible.
Beloved, Nigeria is calling and needs us all, we all are responsible.

Prophet Folayan Osekita MBA.
Re: For Nigeria's Health: You, My Friend, Are Responsible by segun06: 4:26am On Apr 22, 2006
Some guys decide to go on a killing spree, am i responsible?
The president decides to spend our money on new planes, am i responsible?
Clifford Oji decides to eat other people, am i responsible?
Nigeria is ranked the 2nd poorest country in the world, am i responsible?
January 27, 2002, am i responsible?
Obasanjo is still in office, am i responsible?
There are people on the streets with no where to go, am i responsible?
Africa is considered the poorest continent in the world, am i responsible?

There are things i can not be held resonsible for.
There are things out of my control
I can not be responsible for the actions of my fellow human beings,  i can only be resonsible for my own actions.
Re: For Nigeria's Health: You, My Friend, Are Responsible by ono(m): 3:56pm On Apr 22, 2006
First ever Police Strike in the nation's history, am I responsible?
Ngige and Uba tango over godfatherism, am I in the know, and responsible?
Tafa siphoning state money under the watchful eyes of OBJ, am I responsible?
Nigeria has been ranked as the country with the highest number of happy people in the world, am I responsible for that? - me, I'm not happy sha.
People Deceiving People on the prowl, am I responsible for that?
OBJ's basketmouth talking thrash all the time, am I responsible for that?
OBJ's misinformation minister telling people the wrong location of the Bellview plane crash, amI responsible for that?
Taylors escape and purported ''re-capture'' under OBJ, am I responsible for that?

The list is endless.
Re: For Nigeria's Health: You, My Friend, Are Responsible by prophet(m): 10:22am On May 21, 2006
Yes and Yes , by your actions and or inactions , perhaps you need to reflect deeply on the message , the choice I reaffirm, is yours. Prophet.
Re: For Nigeria's Health: You, My Friend, Are Responsible by ono(m): 3:14pm On May 25, 2006
I think you're a prophet of doom.
Re: For Nigeria's Health: You, My Friend, Are Responsible by prophet(m): 7:09pm On May 25, 2006
I thank that your "thinking" is not my God who Sent me. May it be unto you according to what you wish for me and what is in your heart towards me. Thanks very much. Amen.
Re: For Nigeria's Health: You, My Friend, Are Responsible by segun06: 8:40pm On May 25, 2006
Prophet, there comes a time when we all have to swallow our pride and admit we are wrong. I personally don't see how i can be responsible for what other people do or don't do. So i say this: For Nigeria's Health, We should all Unite.
Re: For Nigeria's Health: You, My Friend, Are Responsible by prophet(m): 8:14am On May 26, 2006
Does the fact that you don't see it mean that it is wrong? Then tell me: is it right for anyone to apologise for what others think is wrong , especially when the former know they are right? However, one man's meat is another man's poison? In your human wisdom? Did it occur to you to postulate that some people ought to apologise for the unwarranted abuse etc. meted out to "outlaws" (for my faith and or position on national issues) like me? The whole idea of this poem is "COLLECTIVE RESPONSIBILITY". Just in case you never get it. You may not agree, but your action and or inaction affects others whether you like it or not; and whether you acknowledge it or not!
Thank you.
Re: For Nigeria's Health: You, My Friend, Are Responsible by kimba(m): 7:42pm On May 26, 2006
I left my country when things were still good,
I came back and asked myself, "what happened"
coz it seemed to me the nation had gone back like 10years,
am I responsible too.

The policeman the points a gun at my head and collects 20naira,
am I responsible for that too,
If I had got shot in my skull, who would be responsible.

Prophet, lets begin to live in the reality.
Re: For Nigeria's Health: You, My Friend, Are Responsible by Nobody: 9:48pm On May 26, 2006
I was in the United States when Obasanjo decided to scuttle democracy via third term agenda, am i responsible?
Liyel Imoke has said Nigeria cannot dream of stable electricity supply until 2056, is it my fault? Did i steal the NEPA cables?
Because of Galadima and Sambawa, FIFA is about to ban Nigeria from international football for two years, am i responsible?
You, prophet MBA come here blabbing about the "God" that sent you, did i put words in your mouth?
Re: For Nigeria's Health: You, My Friend, Are Responsible by prophet(m): 11:00pm On May 26, 2006
Home training is a must for all children. What is your responsibility? In Nigeria, as far as Nigeria is concerned, do you then have any responsibility, since the greatest barrier to learning together is very poor communication. Someone speaks and others thought they heard; but even though they did hear physically, emotional trips muffled the actual message. The quality of communication is evidenced in the reality of mutual understanding. When communication breaks down, then no progress can occur. You abuse me and insult me because I said something. Forget who sent me or not; however, I said something. Rather than ask me what am saying and give me the opportunity to open it up further or simply make your own disposition known, you heap abuse on me. Are you responsible for that? The poem was to stimulate reflection not bile. If we cannot be mature in communication, how can we complain that things are not right no our country. What is your responsibility to the nations you reside in and compare Nigeria with? Very interesting indeed and very very amusing. If you and I are not responsible for the well being of Nigeria, who is?
Re: For Nigeria's Health: You, My Friend, Are Responsible by segun06: 3:16am On May 27, 2006
In Nigeria, as far as Nigeria is concerned, do you then have any responsibility, since the greatest barrier to learning together is very poor communication

Maybe you should explain yourself. Maybe we would have understood better if the title read: For Nigeria's Health, WE are responsible.
Re: For Nigeria's Health: You, My Friend, Are Responsible by prophet(m): 11:21am On May 27, 2006
Many fail to understand no matter what one does and or says. Some understand alright; but it is inherent in them to make a mountain out of a molehill and get personal for no reasonable cause. "We" is very much embeded in the poem for those with an open mind who are not intent on casting aspersions. I am sure if you read the whole piece again with a fair/just mindset and with the openness to learn, you will decipher the message very easily. I however applaud the fact that you are doing your best to keep civil. My choice of title and words used to communicate the message are very deliberately to stimulate reflection, thoughts and contributions from all. We are all responsible anyway. So, for God and country, let us join hands and help rebuild Nigeria. Nigeria must not be left to the oligarchy and cohorts who held us bound for so many years! I am very sure that their intention (being "born to rule"wink is to take over power and "rule" us again. We all have a choice. Peace.
Re: For Nigeria's Health: You, My Friend, Are Responsible by kimba(m): 6:08pm On May 27, 2006
hello Prophet,

I would like to assist you with some other info that may be in your interest. There is another Prophet on Nairaland. His name is Mr. Filch, aka Reverend. He sees so many things wrong with Nigeria, just as I suppose you see it.

Perhaps the two of you could meet and discuss ways in which we as NLs can move this nation forward.
Just search through the other threads and maybe you would see his nickname,

cheers
Kimba
Re: For Nigeria's Health: You, My Friend, Are Responsible by prophet(m): 6:23pm On May 27, 2006
Thanks Kimba for the kind thoughts.
I know so much is wrong with Nigeria but see so much that is good and choose to highlight the latter. Anything I can, I will do to lend a hand to all who are determined to rebuild Nigeria. The Lord is my Shepherd. As for NLs, I don't know what that means. However, I am for the best interests of Nigeria anytime anyday. Peace.
Re: For Nigeria's Health: You, My Friend, Are Responsible by ono(m): 6:47pm On May 31, 2006
Kimba,

That's one of the most useful of all suggestions I've come across on NL.

Prophet,
Please heed the words of Kimba. With Revvy, you pair will definitely become a great force to reckon with when it comes to prophesying and looking at things differently, or should I say upside down?

I guess I'm right, Kimba.
Re: For Nigeria's Health: You, My Friend, Are Responsible by kimba(m): 7:26pm On Jun 01, 2006
Bros Ono,

Yes o, you are right. We should leave the elders to do their job, while those of us, we'll follow as led by the Holy Spirit. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: For Nigeria's Health: You, My Friend, Are Responsible by segun06: 7:58pm On Jun 01, 2006
Now this turning into a christian thread.

(1) (Reply)

The Nigerian Press Are Complete Disgrace To The Nation / Lawmaker Fights On The Street Sorry Car Park / Somalia One Country,one People,one Language? Case Study Abi For Seperatist!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.