Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,148 members, 7,815,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

Daily Trust Newspaper Lied Against Me-aviation Minister - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Daily Trust Newspaper Lied Against Me-aviation Minister (1527 Views)

This Did Not Happen In Edo State. See How They Lied Against Gov Oshiomhole. PICS / Radio Biafra Lied Against Me - President Buhari / Aviation Minister Paddles A Canoe To Her Flooded Anambra Hometown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Daily Trust Newspaper Lied Against Me-aviation Minister by pipiko: 11:52pm On Aug 29, 2012
Nigerian aviation minister, Mrs Stella Oduah said Daily Trust Newspaper lied against her in report alleging that she stopped some airlines from flying into Abuja and Kano.She also said it is wrong to brand her as anti-north.

A statement signed by her media aide, Joe Obi reads “Our attention has been drawn to publications in some sections of the media to the effect that Aviation Minister, Princess Stella Adaeze Oduah ordered that some foreign airlines, particularly Emirates, Etihad and Turkish airlines be stopped or prevented from operating into the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja and the Mallam Aminu Kano International Airport, Kano”

There is no truth whatsoever to this publications as the minister had at no time even attempted to prevent the said airlines from operating into the said destinations. To the contrary, the minister has been an advocate of allowing all the international airports in the country to operate direct international flights.

Given the wrong impression created in the media on this issue and the sentiments it is currently generating, it has become necessary to state as follows:

Emirates Airline has never applied for any permit to operate into either Abuja or Kano international airports. Anyone, including the airline concerned with contrary documentation should please make such available to the general public

Etihad that was supposed to commence operations from Abuja in line with an old MOU of 2003 with the UAE has refused to do so but rather insisted on starting from Lagos, thereby necessitating an amendment of the MOU IN 2012 to accommodate their desire

Turkish Airline had in fact applied to operate into Abuja and Kano, an application which the Honourable Minister approved without any hesitation. In fact, IRS Airlines was nominated on the 1st of August 2012 to work with Turkish airline in this regard.

In view of the foregoing, we make haste to declare that we have no records anywhere indicating that the Aviation Minister either stopped any airline from operating into Abuja and Kano or forced any particular one to operate into the Enugu International Airport. To be sure, the Hon. Minister has been making strenuous efforts to convince KLM, in conjunction with the Kano state government, to continue to operate into Kano airport for which it had earlier stopped its operations.

Unfortunately, some commentators, relying entirely on the unfounded news reports, have begun to insinuate ethnic agenda over the purported directive to forced airlines to fly into Enugu rather than Abuja or/and Kano. Nothing can be further from the truth.

Perhaps, it is pertinent, given the sentiments the false publications has generated to state that the very first tangible projects embarked upon by the current Aviation Minister was the rehabilitation of the Kano and Kaduna Hajj Terminals. The terminals have since been completed, commissioned and put to use. The Sokoto Hajj terminal is currently under-going rehabilitation too.

Moreover, out of the 11 airports currently being reconstructed and remodelled simultaneously across the country, five are domiciled in the northern part of the country. The 11 airports include MMIA and the GAT Lagos, Port Hartcourt, Benin, Enugu, Owerri, Calabar, Abuja ,Kano, Kaduna, Yola and Jos airports. Therefore, it is clearly inappropriate to insinuate that the Aviation Minister is Anti-North.
source http://niyitabiti.net/2012/08/daily-trust-newspaper-lied-against-me-aviation-minister/

Re: Daily Trust Newspaper Lied Against Me-aviation Minister by Callotti: 4:31am On Aug 30, 2012
Hmmmmmmm!!!
Na wah o!
Nigerians and gossip! grin

Turkish Airline had in fact applied to operate into Abuja and Kano, an application which the Honourable Minister wink approved without any hesitation. In fact, IRS Airlines was nominated on the 1st of August 2012 to work with Turkish airline in this regard.
Re: Daily Trust Newspaper Lied Against Me-aviation Minister by AustineE1: 8:15am On Aug 30, 2012
Dailytrust newspaper is becoming notorious in making false accusations!a nothern propaganda machine,fashioned in the likes of Iran press TV....doing what is known as ethnic,religious-gutter journalism!
Re: Daily Trust Newspaper Lied Against Me-aviation Minister by SlyIg(f): 8:31am On Aug 30, 2012
Where on earth did the reporter get that news from for goodness sake. Do they gather their news from the dreamland?
Re: Daily Trust Newspaper Lied Against Me-aviation Minister by Nobody: 8:52am On Aug 30, 2012
Nonsense, does that woman know the road to the court at all? this is libel and the so called DailyTrust should be sued! If they pay heavily one time they think again next time before going to the press.
Re: Daily Trust Newspaper Lied Against Me-aviation Minister by agent22: 12:08pm On Aug 30, 2012
mods will not put this in d front page so tribalist will see.but they will put where she was accused

(1) (Reply)

ONDO DECIDES Results:mimiko Defeats Akeredolu, Oke In Their Wards / Media Chat War : Between Dialogue And OBJ'S Odi And Zakibiam Approach(pix) / Seun Fakuade Is A Scam Activist Who Hates Criticism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.