Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,205 members, 7,780,365 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:07 PM

Problematic Nigerian VCD? Rinse With Warm Water! - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Problematic Nigerian VCD? Rinse With Warm Water! (1672 Views)

Are The Yoruba Movies 'arelu' & 'yapon Yanrin' Available On Vcd/dvd? / Living In Bondage 1 & 2, Taboo On DVD/VCD / Osoufia in London: Nigerian Home Video/VCD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Problematic Nigerian VCD? Rinse With Warm Water! by omogenaija(f): 1:42am On Apr 11, 2006
Nigerian VCD Solution

Hey Nairalanders,

Are you tried of VCDs that freeze up when your watching them. Or the Vcds thats have boxes going though them ?

Well I have a solution,

When that happens to your Vcd, you just rinse the disc for about 30 secs or 1 mintue with warm water. then wipe the water off and play the disc. it should be clearer and the freezing should stop.

I tried it and it has work for about the past 4 years that I have been doing it. I hope your Nigerian movies will be more enjoyable.
Re: Problematic Nigerian VCD? Rinse With Warm Water! by hotangel2(f): 2:52am On Apr 11, 2006
I actually hated nigerian movies cos of that. lol, so we rent nigerian movies that have been burnt on DVDs.

Anyways i'll try this when i get a VCD, thanks.
Re: Problematic Nigerian VCD? Rinse With Warm Water! by Zahymaka(m): 3:39am On Apr 11, 2006
I've also been doing this. Cool cool cool.
Re: Problematic Nigerian VCD? Rinse With Warm Water! by Ynot(m): 1:30am On Apr 12, 2006
Rinse in warm water? Can anyone explain why that works? Since such VCDs came from Naija, is it possible you are washing away the 'freezing' evil spirit
Re: Problematic Nigerian VCD? Rinse With Warm Water! by poison: 1:36am On Apr 12, 2006
i do that alot with CD's as in those ones u play on ur discman or mp3 player, i'll try the vcd's tho n see
Re: Problematic Nigerian VCD? Rinse With Warm Water! by omogenaija(f): 2:06am On Apr 12, 2006
Ynot:

Rinse in warm water? Can anyone explain why that works? Since such VCDs came from Naija, is it possible you are washing away the 'freezing' evil spirit grin

@ Ynot

i dont find your comment funny if it was suppose to be a joke.
Re: Problematic Nigerian VCD? Rinse With Warm Water! by Ynot(m): 2:09am On Apr 12, 2006
Do you really have to tell me that?
Re: Problematic Nigerian VCD? Rinse With Warm Water! by omogenaija(f): 2:24am On Apr 12, 2006
yea i had to tell you.
Re: Problematic Nigerian VCD? Rinse With Warm Water! by Ynot(m): 2:32am On Apr 12, 2006
Ok. If that makes you feel good. BTW if you're looking for something funny, visit the joke section.
Re: Problematic Nigerian VCD? Rinse With Warm Water! by omogenaija(f): 3:17am On Apr 12, 2006
thats exactly my point.

i wasnt looking for anything funny.

anyways.

back to topic
Re: Problematic Nigerian VCD? Rinse With Warm Water! by otokx(m): 9:31am On Apr 12, 2006
i will try this later in the week
Re: Problematic Nigerian VCD? Rinse With Warm Water! by taiwotee: 10:22am On Apr 12, 2006
, I will like to give this a trial , if it will work , what ever happens i will in form all the curtiers in the room . grin[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Problematic Nigerian VCD? Rinse With Warm Water! by freddie1(m): 11:16am On Apr 13, 2006
Thanks men for the info!
Re: Problematic Nigerian VCD? Rinse With Warm Water! by Eastcoast(f): 11:38am On Apr 13, 2006
wow if this really works then thatz kool cool cool cool which part of the cd should i rinse. is it both front and back?
Re: Problematic Nigerian VCD? Rinse With Warm Water! by Zahymaka(m): 11:51am On Apr 13, 2006
Just the shiny surface underneath.
Re: Problematic Nigerian VCD? Rinse With Warm Water! by blueiyke(m): 12:33pm On Apr 13, 2006
Wow, tried it yesterday and it worked like MAGIC on my cracked discs.
Re: Problematic Nigerian VCD? Rinse With Warm Water! by kennys: 2:51pm On Apr 13, 2006
That can be worth trying,if it works it then mean that ,the found of this solution is a guru.
i will give it a trial and get back to you.
Re: Problematic Nigerian VCD? Rinse With Warm Water! by omogenaija(f): 8:35pm On Apr 13, 2006
Zahymaka:

Just the shiny surface underneath.

YOU can rinse either side or both.
Re: Problematic Nigerian VCD? Rinse With Warm Water! by Zahymaka(m): 9:26pm On Apr 13, 2006
The shiny part is what the laser reads. Washing the top leaves you with the same results.
Re: Problematic Nigerian VCD? Rinse With Warm Water! by Ynot(m): 5:16pm On Apr 14, 2006
If the rinsing thing didn't work for you, use toothpaste to solve the scratch problems. Should be used as a last resort as it's a relatively high-abrasive substance.

You can also use Brasso metal polish, auto wax or basically any abrasive compound. Just polish as you would a scratch on your car. The aim should really be only to recover data for reburning not for continued use of the disk.
Re: Problematic Nigerian VCD? Rinse With Warm Water! by LoverBwoy(m): 6:07pm On Apr 14, 2006
Thanks omogenaija wink i usually just dump them

What about those stupid VCD cases that wont open or break when u tryin to hard to open them why cant they just use dvd?
Re: Problematic Nigerian VCD? Rinse With Warm Water! by omogenaija(f): 8:57pm On Apr 14, 2006
well for me

when i get those paper only covers and the VCD doesn't go back in i roll them back inside the cover. ( I hope I explained that right)
Re: Problematic Nigerian VCD? Rinse With Warm Water! by omoge(f): 6:53pm On Apr 25, 2006
I try using the warm water but it still doesn't work, what do ya think?
it's so funny cuz my friend sent me a whole lots of nigerian movies VCDs she got from ghana,
almost all of them freezes or have boxes when am watching them.
what can i do?
Re: Problematic Nigerian VCD? Rinse With Warm Water! by omogenaija(f): 9:32pm On Apr 25, 2006
omoge:

I try using the warm water but it still doesn't work, what do ya think?
it's so funny because my friend sent me a whole lots of nigerian movies VCDs she got from ghana,
almost all of them freezes or have boxes when am watching them.
what can i do?

well check to see if the actual disc is scartched. because if it is then i dont think the warm water will work. and i think it also depends on if u got an original VCD or a bootleged one. (bootleg/bootleged means fake)
Re: Problematic Nigerian VCD? Rinse With Warm Water! by enugu(f): 12:17pm On Aug 31, 2006
Omogenaija,

smiley wink cheesy grin thanks ever so much for that tip. do keep them coming. God bless

cheers smiley
Re: Problematic Nigerian VCD? Rinse With Warm Water! by awoof(m): 10:13am On May 11, 2007
@omogenaija

thanks for your brilliant discovery and sharing it with nairalanders. though i have not tried it, but from few feelers from members who have tried it its thumbs up for you. any further doubt that Nigerians are innovative? wink wink
Re: Problematic Nigerian VCD? Rinse With Warm Water! by Nobody: 10:02am On May 27, 2008
what about DVD that freezes?

(1) (Reply)

Startimes Introduces New Tv "Emmanuel Tv" / Pls Help... Enough Data But Dont Know Where To Download Movies / VIRAL VIDEO: Atalanta Teacher Twerk Video Released

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.