Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,456 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

Tried To Hire A Programmer In Lagos Today He Told Me $100 A Day Or Forget - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Tried To Hire A Programmer In Lagos Today He Told Me $100 A Day Or Forget (3607 Views)

How To Hire Good Programmers In Nigeria (an Experience Based Article) / I Want To Hire A Beginner Who Is Willing To Learn New Skills / Dear Programmer In Nigeria: How Much Is Your Salary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tried To Hire A Programmer In Lagos Today He Told Me $100 A Day Or Forget by myviewr: 7:56pm On Aug 30, 2012
why are nigerians so money orientated $100 a day he is working with 4 other programmers on the back end of the web site and to doing it from scratch. This is why they find it hard to progress. with this kind of review i would tell my friends not to go there, they just work for money now and not even thinking about bringing in more customers forgetting word of mouth advertisement is the best #we need to change
Re: Tried To Hire A Programmer In Lagos Today He Told Me $100 A Day Or Forget by Javanian: 9:17pm On Aug 30, 2012
if he really knows his onions..its not too much..
Re: Tried To Hire A Programmer In Lagos Today He Told Me $100 A Day Or Forget by myviewr: 9:27pm On Aug 30, 2012
HOW WILL you charge that to someone that is around 20 000 a day ann ann people who have jobs see am pretty sure they don't get way more than 150,000 a month if they are lucky
Re: Tried To Hire A Programmer In Lagos Today He Told Me $100 A Day Or Forget by Javanian: 10:51pm On Aug 30, 2012
may be its just me but i feel its not too much, thats about 480k a month if he works for 30 days... Like i said if he knows his onions, its not too much...
Re: Tried To Hire A Programmer In Lagos Today He Told Me $100 A Day Or Forget by myviewr: 3:29am On Aug 31, 2012
lol how much do programmers in nigeria earn. how much do you earn he is doing a freelance work and o i forgot to say he is also sharing it with 3 other programmers to make the stress easier for him and he is only coding the back end of the web site as i am employing someone else to do the front end
Re: Tried To Hire A Programmer In Lagos Today He Told Me $100 A Day Or Forget by Nobody: 7:58am On Aug 31, 2012
i like this part, $100 a day or forget

my brother, that is relatively cheap, i mean to me, it may be expensive to some, it may even be "irritatingly" cheap to some who earn $60/ hour.
i remember calling a guy, one of the developers of the popular red5 media server about spending some hours on my project,
well, he told me, $200 per hour and i have to order a minimum of 20hours. That is $4000 for a day.

My brother, you wan see as i take end the conversation?
I had to google how to fix it myself, in the process, I ended up not only fixing it but learning also

programming is not like banking where you follow basic routines neither is it "beans"
it's not cheap to learn, it takes years to master so

Forget "how much do programmers in nigeria earn", if he can do it for less, he will definitely take it
what you need to do now is look around for programmers who can do a good job at your pocket rate.

you may want to discuss the project with my team on our contact page on http://www.webdezzi.com
as we see if we can help
goodluck with your project.
Re: Tried To Hire A Programmer In Lagos Today He Told Me $100 A Day Or Forget by PasNet: 8:02am On Aug 31, 2012
myviewr: lol how much do programmers in nigeria earn. how much do you earn he is doing a freelance work and o i forgot to say he is also sharing it with 3 other programmers to make the stress easier for him and he is only coding the back end of the web site as i am employing someone else to do the front end

@Op, you'r a big boy ooo.... U employed diff. Programmer for a single job!!! Kai!!! And u'r here complaining bout how much dey charge....=))º°˚˚˚°ºlolº°˚˚˚°º‎​=))... Well left to me $100 /day is nt a bad idea, just like d other poster said 'if he knows his onions' some of us think coding is that easy, once you see the results,you'll just look at it as" a simple stuff" I have been a a job for 2months now and it is just 1 string code that's been delaying the job yet I keep burning resources and energy and note: the owner of the job will never pay more cos it's none of his biz,so if it's a contract job, $100 / day is nt a bad idea, now that is if the job really worth the price.
Re: Tried To Hire A Programmer In Lagos Today He Told Me $100 A Day Or Forget by Nobody: 8:44am On Aug 31, 2012
PasNet:

@Op, you'r a big boy ooo.... U employed diff. Programmer for a single job!!! Kai!!! And u'r here complaining bout how much dey charge....=))º°˚˚˚°ºlolº°˚˚˚°º‎​=))... Well left to me $100 /day is nt a bad idea, just like d other poster said 'if he knows his onions' some of us think coding is that easy, once you see the results,you'll just look at it as" a simple stuff" I have been a a job for 2months now and it is just 1 string code that's been delaying the job yet I keep burning resources and energy and note: the owner of the job will never pay more cos it's none of his biz,so if it's a contract job, $100 / day is nt a bad idea, now that is if the job really worth the price.

mind sharing the problem? what language?
Re: Tried To Hire A Programmer In Lagos Today He Told Me $100 A Day Or Forget by PasNet: 9:06am On Aug 31, 2012
The project is to develop a face detector dat triggers an alarm to the operator. I have codes for face recognition also for alarm trigger but to string the 2 together had been d issue. And it's on open CV using C#
Re: Tried To Hire A Programmer In Lagos Today He Told Me $100 A Day Or Forget by Nobody: 9:28am On Aug 31, 2012
i have worked with openCV on a recent project, but with python.
it has a python interface that lets you have the x,y,width, height which mostly is all you need
so you have a choice of choosing whether opencv does the slicing or your c# code

the alarm, is it external via serial/usb or just a computer sound(which should be easy) If your choice language had been python or java, i may be able to assist with the integration

what is the target machine where the code will run from, is it a computer?
i dont know what you were briefed but i guess motion detection is what you guys really want to achieve first,
if this is meant for security. mind breaking it down?
Re: Tried To Hire A Programmer In Lagos Today He Told Me $100 A Day Or Forget by Danyl(m): 9:29am On Aug 31, 2012
This is interesting, but i heard in places like canada,the average hourly rate is just $34, could that be true when a programmer is demanding 4 100usd/hour...
Re: Tried To Hire A Programmer In Lagos Today He Told Me $100 A Day Or Forget by myviewr: 10:58am On Aug 31, 2012
The problems is just to create a simply social networking website oo using php if any one is interested send email suni93@hotmail.co.uk. And how can I get in contact with seun I want to invest in this site

1 Like

Re: Tried To Hire A Programmer In Lagos Today He Told Me $100 A Day Or Forget by lordZOUGA(m): 11:23am On Aug 31, 2012
myviewr: The problems is just to create a simply social networking website oo using php if any one is interested send email suni93@hotmail.co.uk. And how can I get in contact with seun I want to invest in this site
must it be php?
Re: Tried To Hire A Programmer In Lagos Today He Told Me $100 A Day Or Forget by myviewr: 12:41pm On Aug 31, 2012
email me at suni93@hotmail.co.uk we would discuss about the language
Re: Tried To Hire A Programmer In Lagos Today He Told Me $100 A Day Or Forget by talk2hb1(m): 4:25pm On Aug 31, 2012
Cool, I think there must be a reason for such a programmer to be charging such an exorbitant price, The poster did not remember to specify the nature of their contract. Some client can tell you to design facebook in three days, I have never seen a Nigeria programmer charging on per day basis. I think I am under charging myself needs to increase my charges. maybe charging 50% per day is not bad
Re: Tried To Hire A Programmer In Lagos Today He Told Me $100 A Day Or Forget by myviewr: 7:12pm On Aug 31, 2012
`
talk2hb1: Cool, I think there must be a reason for such a programmer to be charging such an exorbitant price, The poster did not remember to specify the nature of their contract. Some client can tell you to design facebook in three days, I have never seen a Nigeria programmer charging on per day basis. I think I am under charging myself needs to increase my charges. maybe charging 50% per day is not bad

if you code php or can make logos or do the front end of a website email me suni93@hotmail.co.uk
Re: Tried To Hire A Programmer In Lagos Today He Told Me $100 A Day Or Forget by eazyd(m): 7:10pm On Sep 01, 2012
myviewr: why are nigerians so money orientated $100 a day he is working with 4 other programmers on the back end of the web site and to doing it from scratch. This is why they find it hard to progress. with this kind of review i would tell my friends not to go there, they just work for money now and not even thinking about bringing in more customers forgetting word of mouth advertisement is the best #we need to change

What is your budget for the project and how soon do you want it developed. There are so many open source out there that can get your project live in a matter of days if you get in touch with the right person. Your budget can even be cut half and the rest used in marketing. The main issue is to get a MVP (minimal viable product) and see how users respond to it, you might get the buzz to continue or reconsider.
Re: Tried To Hire A Programmer In Lagos Today He Told Me $100 A Day Or Forget by myviewr: 9:22pm On Sep 01, 2012
Eazyd email me so we can discuss
Re: Tried To Hire A Programmer In Lagos Today He Told Me $100 A Day Or Forget by myviewr: 9:22pm On Sep 01, 2012
Suni93@hotmail.co.uk
Re: Tried To Hire A Programmer In Lagos Today He Told Me $100 A Day Or Forget by eazyd(m): 3:22pm On Sep 02, 2012
myviewr: Eazyd email me so we can discuss

check your email.
Re: Tried To Hire A Programmer In Lagos Today He Told Me $100 A Day Or Forget by talk2hb1(m): 1:31pm On Sep 03, 2012
Check your mail I have mailed you.
Re: Tried To Hire A Programmer In Lagos Today He Told Me $100 A Day Or Forget by myviewr: 2:35pm On Sep 03, 2012
i didn't receive anything send it again it is suni93@hotmail.co.uk
Re: Tried To Hire A Programmer In Lagos Today He Told Me $100 A Day Or Forget by talk2hb1(m): 3:09pm On Sep 03, 2012
well since I cant reach you maybe you reach me with talk2hb1[at]gmail[dot]com or you call me on 08064620491
Re: Tried To Hire A Programmer In Lagos Today He Told Me $100 A Day Or Forget by myviewr: 3:58pm On Sep 03, 2012
i just sent it
Re: Tried To Hire A Programmer In Lagos Today He Told Me $100 A Day Or Forget by cursorsystem(m): 8:11pm On Sep 03, 2012
I know that before the guy charged you for $100 per day, he must have seen all your programming request,he must have calculated the money for his senior consultants would charge him because he can not say he knows all the code to used for the projects. I have heard such a story from one of my students before he came to me for software development training.
Re: Tried To Hire A Programmer In Lagos Today He Told Me $100 A Day Or Forget by myviewr: 8:45pm On Sep 03, 2012
my request event and groups that just it
Re: Tried To Hire A Programmer In Lagos Today He Told Me $100 A Day Or Forget by Bossman(m): 4:59pm On Sep 06, 2012
First of all, it's all relative. It will depend on what needs to be done, and how many hours per day is expected to be spent. Generally, rates should be quoted in hours. it makes it much easier to quantify. If he spends 2 hrs/day that's not a bad rate for Nigeria standards.
Re: Tried To Hire A Programmer In Lagos Today He Told Me $100 A Day Or Forget by ogzille(m): 8:18pm On Sep 06, 2012
I wonder what the issue is with $100 per day. In a month, its $3,000 which is equivalent to: N472,476.

The question is what is wrong with an IT professional earning this much: N472, 476

Anyway, life is about options!
Re: Tried To Hire A Programmer In Lagos Today He Told Me $100 A Day Or Forget by myviewr: 11:27pm On Sep 06, 2012
ogzille: I wonder what the issue is with $100 per day. In a month, its $3,000 which is equivalent to: N472,476.

The question is what is wrong with an IT professional earning this much: N472, 476

Anyway, life is about options!

if it was a full time job that would be understandable, lets even be honest that nearly half a million naira a month for an which is highly unlikely which you know its true now this is, a freelance job where all you have to do is make a simple website just with the features of groups and events no chats no forums. he is likely going to use a cms. Now lets say he uses a cms he being a nigerian he would probably us wordpress and get a free buddy press and install it to the wordpress so really all he is doing is setting up the wordpress for me at 472,476 lets be honest is that reasonable. Now lets say he uses joomla and buys jomsocial which retails for 150 pounds which is nearly 25,000 naira that is still no where close to 472,476. This is the problem with NIgerians you never think ahead, just what can i eat now, how can i get this person to pay me this so i can take an extra 5 naira, Imagine nigerian would want you to pay before a work starts, you haven't done anything, but you want money your customer satisfaction rate is at -100. They drive of potential customers with their greed of just stealing 5,000 instead of them to be thinking if . Do this thing for one person and he is happy about it, nice rate he would recommend me to a friend. This is the part that annoys me the most, after doing all of that to their customers and they don't return, they start saying somebody is destroying their business. When they started doing it from the start they are took SELFISH everything they do is whats in it for me such a bad way of LIFE. LIKE IT OR NOT THIS IS THE BITTER TRUTH
Re: Tried To Hire A Programmer In Lagos Today He Told Me $100 A Day Or Forget by logica(m): 2:45am On Sep 07, 2012
Wait a minute...I suppose you've gotten another programmer to do what you want...or why are you still griping about it? If what you want can be done by someone else at a cheaper rate then go for it. Or you could even do it yourself. What's all the noise about?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Need Help On This Basic Php / . / Sine Wave Inverter Using Arduino

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.