Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

People Jam-packed In A Lagos BRT Bus (Pics) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / People Jam-packed In A Lagos BRT Bus (Pics) (21999 Views)

See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg / Patience: I Haven't Packed Out Of Aso Rock / Lagos Brt Buses Are Gradually Turning Into Molue, With No Remedy In Sight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: People Jam-packed In A Lagos BRT Bus (Pics) by jumobi1(m): 1:39pm On Aug 31, 2012
It's funny how the OP is talking about busses yet people are posting videos and pics of packed trains.
There is rush hour and there are packed buses in developed countries too. It's hard to cater to it because once you do, you would have empty buses in non-peak hours which isn't profitable. However buses have a standing limit and some drivers won't pick up more passengers when that limit is reached because if an accident occurrs, he becomes liable.
Re: People Jam-packed In A Lagos BRT Bus (Pics) by tpia5: 1:43pm On Aug 31, 2012
i posted a picture of a packed bus, hope you saw it.

others have mentioned the fact that this isnt unique to nigeria alone.

hope you noticed.
Re: People Jam-packed In A Lagos BRT Bus (Pics) by tpia5: 1:46pm On Aug 31, 2012
Re: People Jam-packed In A Lagos BRT Bus (Pics) by tpia5: 1:47pm On Aug 31, 2012
Re: People Jam-packed In A Lagos BRT Bus (Pics) by tpia5: 1:48pm On Aug 31, 2012
Re: People Jam-packed In A Lagos BRT Bus (Pics) by smile4kenn(m): 2:02pm On Aug 31, 2012
It is the same in New York, London and many other places. It is not a Lagos thing.
Re: People Jam-packed In A Lagos BRT Bus (Pics) by calculusx(m): 2:20pm On Aug 31, 2012
@ OP, Let us for once appreciate our government. We Nigerians complain about almost everything. Is there anything wrong from the pictures above? I have traveled to 3 advanced countries and its the same especially during peak hours. The most regrettable day was when i used train back to heathrow around 5:15am first train, i wonder if people sleep @all cos the train was too jampacked. Pls lets appreciate Lagos State Govt.
Re: People Jam-packed In A Lagos BRT Bus (Pics) by rexfada(m): 3:19pm On Aug 31, 2012
@OP; u nvr see anything. come to PH and see!
Re: People Jam-packed In A Lagos BRT Bus (Pics) by hischoice(m): 3:32pm On Aug 31, 2012
@all, I am not against having standees on BRT buses (there should be, being a mass transit option), what I have a problem with is erring on the side of the allowable number of standees in a bus. Things get so compressed in there that people resolve to sitting on the plastic gear box cover beside the driver.
The Engineer in me thinks this is not safe. Rush hours at BRT stations doesn't mean there are lesser number of buses on ground, greed only make officers mount people on top of themselves before the bus leaves station.
Those "Oyinbo" bus pictures posted are not jam-packed. You need to look at those BRT bus pictures again. I still think it is inhumane.
Thanks all
Re: People Jam-packed In A Lagos BRT Bus (Pics) by ziccoit: 3:49pm On Aug 31, 2012
The thread is dead on arrival. grin grin . No thanks to evidence video and pics from developed worlds. Why you just kill the fun on arrival now. cheesy cheesy
Re: People Jam-packed In A Lagos BRT Bus (Pics) by surveycash(m): 3:50pm On Aug 31, 2012
hischoice: Lagos BRT, Is This What The Governor Had In Mind?

These are pictures taken in a Lagos BRT bus en route CMS from Ajah.
It is now a commonplace at earlier morning rush and closing hours to see how Lagosians are jam-packed in these buses without health and safety considerations of passengers.
Worse is that, officers/"ticketters" will not give an all-clear to the "pilot" (that is what they call their drivers) until people are this pressed together.
By, the way, I picked the pictures from this website http://go.engineer-ng.net/profiles/blogs/lagos-brt-one-two-many-flaws. They have an article that vehemently criticize this inhumane treatment. I encourage everyone to visit, share on Twitter and Facebook. Let's take this to the Governor!

Note: The last picture is from the good old molue.

These pictures do not look like Fashola's BRT...
Re: People Jam-packed In A Lagos BRT Bus (Pics) by henryskywalker2003(m): 3:57pm On Aug 31, 2012
@OP. Dude, stop the lies. Am a regular user of BRT and that is no f**king BRT bus, for starters, they don't have fans inside the buses and neither do they sit 3 on a row rather they sit 2. Even the luggage space looks different from the BRT bus'.
Re: People Jam-packed In A Lagos BRT Bus (Pics) by Exponental(m): 3:57pm On Aug 31, 2012
I board BRT every day 2 work.
Standing is by choice. At d point of entry, u r made 2 know dat d seats are occupied, so if u dont mind, u board.....leave fashola out of it.
Re: People Jam-packed In A Lagos BRT Bus (Pics) by miredia(m): 4:32pm On Aug 31, 2012
hischoice: @all, I am not against having standees on BRT buses (there should be, being a mass transit option), what I have a problem with is erring on the side of the allowable number of standees in a bus. Things get so compressed in there that people resolve to sitting on the plastic gear box cover beside the driver.
The Engineer in me thinks this is not safe. Rush hours at BRT stations doesn't mean there are lesser number of buses on ground, greed only make officers mount people on top of themselves before the bus leaves station.
Those "Oyinbo" bus pictures posted are not jam-packed. You need to look at those BRT bus pictures again. I still think it is inhumane.
Thanks all
Wetin sef. Y people no dey hear word. Ur strong head many. There's absolutely nothing bizzare about that transit scene u posted. It is a norm anywhere in the world. Haba a city 8 times more populated than Chicago is what u are ranting and whining over. Abegi ma hear word.
Re: People Jam-packed In A Lagos BRT Bus (Pics) by Nobody: 4:35pm On Aug 31, 2012
mekuslogan:

Lagos' problem is intractable. It is in the interest of Yorubas to support a program of even development of the country so that the number of those moving to Lagos (Nigeria's former capital developed with our collective wealth) from all parts of Nigeria will reduce. The more they keep playing tribalism with the developement of other places, the more Lagos is swamped, to the disadvantage of the Yorubas. Now Igbos even rent houses to Yorubas in some parts of Lagos (Festac, Satellite town, etc)

What are you not talking tongue
Re: People Jam-packed In A Lagos BRT Bus (Pics) by Nobody: 4:40pm On Aug 31, 2012
dayokanu: Maybe if Igbos go back to their region that would be a good start

Are you planning that

Where is your liver!
Re: People Jam-packed In A Lagos BRT Bus (Pics) by Nobody: 4:44pm On Aug 31, 2012
smile4kenn: It is the same in New York, London and many other places. It is not a Lagos thing.

My village is an exception. grin grin
Re: People Jam-packed In A Lagos BRT Bus (Pics) by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 31, 2012
rexfada: @OP; u nvr see anything. come to PH and see!

NIGERIANS !!!

UNA TOO DEY BORN PIKIN. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: People Jam-packed In A Lagos BRT Bus (Pics) by mapet: 4:59pm On Aug 31, 2012
mekuslogan:

Lagos' problem is intractable. It is in the interest of Yorubas to support a program of even development of the country so that the number of those moving to Lagos (Nigeria's former capital developed with our collective wealth) from all parts of Nigeria will reduce. The more they keep playing tribalism with the developement of other places, the more Lagos is swamped, to the disadvantage of the Yorubas. Now Igbos even rent houses to Yorubas in some parts of Lagos (Festac, Satellite town, etc)

This is arrant rubbish and illogical nonsense. In as much as I don't want to get involved in any ethnic laced comments, I dare ask you;
1. What development is going on in Nigeria that Lagos is behind?
2. So Lagos should slow down her development is your reckoning to reduce the population? Haba! did this come from the keyboard unaided?
3. So in developmental strides, Lagos is playing tribalism, how?
4. It is a welcome development if Igbos have properties for rent to Yorubas in Lagos. Anybody that works hard deserves his reward.
Re: People Jam-packed In A Lagos BRT Bus (Pics) by kunlekunle: 5:00pm On Aug 31, 2012
hischoice: @all, I am not against having standees on BRT buses (there should be, being a mass transit option), what I have a problem with is erring on the side of the allowable number of standees in a bus. Things get so compressed in there that people resolve to sitting on the plastic gear box cover beside the driver.
Thanks all

if youve ever worked where your wages are deducted for coming late, you will beg the driver to hang like in molue.
Re: People Jam-packed In A Lagos BRT Bus (Pics) by mapet: 5:10pm On Aug 31, 2012
duni04: We shouldn't always be in a haste to compare what goes on in Nigeria with what goes on in other countries, and also the fact that we have crowded buses and trains in more developed countries doesn't mean its 'normal' or we should accept it as a norm. I'm sure these developed countries we're always very quick to compare ourselves with are already mapping out ways to make rush hour traffic more convenient and efficient while we're here accepting that its a norm. In a few years time, after these countries would have thought out and implemented ways of improving their transport system, we'll be here alone with our 'norm'. Lets also seek out ways of improving our transport system and making it convenient and inexpensive to commuters.

@Duni04,

The OP's submission is baseless. Since I've been traveling to UK, I take the underground and except weekends, rush hour is not any different from Lagos. With all the control of movement, major cosmopolitan cities witness crowd and governments just keep working out solutions till they can manage the situation. If you go to Abuja during rush hour, it's like you are 1/100th of typical Lagos traffic, meanwhile you can leave any location in my hometown and get to the office in 20minutes. I laugh when I see my folks having breakfast before leaving. London rush hour is crazy, meanwhile cities like Birmigham looks sane.... I was at Barcelona, and the underground was also comparable to london.... and Lagos.

So this is the reality and in this case not a comparison for excuse sake.

Lagos actually put a long term plan (and I dare say robust)for transportation from the days of Tinubu and this is what is being built. Even when we do have trains in the next 25years, the population would have grown so bid that it would still be a challenge.

Cosmopolitan city are always like this....
Re: People Jam-packed In A Lagos BRT Bus (Pics) by erico2k2(m): 6:10pm On Aug 31, 2012
dangerzone:
Abeg tell them some words,you will see worst of this in Denmark when it comes to rush hour a country with the total population of about 6million.anybody that think this ain't normal should go to togo and b expose to life a bit rather than coming on nl n be proud of their foolish ignorance
Even Ken livingston use to stand on the tube during his time as MAYOR grin grin grin, and Im not Joking, that ginger head dont want to stand hence he ride his bike to work.
Re: People Jam-packed In A Lagos BRT Bus (Pics) by nurmanteasynoni: 6:23pm On Aug 31, 2012
make una come FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY KUM SEE JAM PACKING,this one na nothing nw
Re: People Jam-packed In A Lagos BRT Bus (Pics) by Callimo(m): 9:16pm On Aug 31, 2012
Billyonaire: It is ignorant to think that standing in a bus is a Lagos thing. It does happen worldwide. OP, you need a little travel experience.

Res..pect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! man
Re: People Jam-packed In A Lagos BRT Bus (Pics) by emiye(m): 10:07pm On Aug 31, 2012
You choose to either STAND on the queque Or STAND in the bus.
Re: People Jam-packed In A Lagos BRT Bus (Pics) by Krucifax(m): 10:53pm On Aug 31, 2012
Dude even modern mega cities the world over have the same problem. Sometimes on my way back from work no difference from crowds packing here and molue crowding in Naija. It's a permanent side effect of economic migration.
The first pic is London.
The second pic is New York.
The third pic is Tokyo.

Re: People Jam-packed In A Lagos BRT Bus (Pics) by stpat1(m): 11:11pm On Aug 31, 2012
Whose fault is it? The passengers will do all they can to get on the bus even when its obviously packed because its cheaper that going for other buses. You also know people are impatient as they could have easily waited for the next bus with available seats. (that's if the next one is in sight anyway).

It does not happen in Lagos alone. PH is worse as they are not only packed, THEY ARE JAMMED sad
Re: People Jam-packed In A Lagos BRT Bus (Pics) by oladapoa1(m): 11:22pm On Aug 31, 2012
Guess, the poster is from benin republic. You used the word jam-packed, but you got the chance to take some scenes in the same bus....mtcheew. I understand u're just in Lagos, where were u? During d Molue colony, that would have helped u!
Re: People Jam-packed In A Lagos BRT Bus (Pics) by Blyss: 2:56am On Sep 01, 2012
hischoice: [b] http://go.engineer-ng.net/profiles/blogs/lagos-brt-one-two-many-flaws. They have an article that vehemently criticize this inhumane treatment. I encourage everyone to visit, share on Twitter and Facebook. Let's take this to the Governor!

Note: The last picture is from the good old molue.

Damn, I bet it's crazy funky up in that piece. cheesy
Re: People Jam-packed In A Lagos BRT Bus (Pics) by TEEZERO(m): 8:28am On Sep 02, 2012
I actually thought that this would be about the way the buses are becoming ram shackles. People stand in buses everywhere. Especially during the rush hours. It's no big deal.
Re: People Jam-packed In A Lagos BRT Bus (Pics) by mbhs139(m): 9:51am On Sep 02, 2012
mekuslogan::

cogitoErgo:
what politics are the yorubas/lagosians playing that made other regions not to develop?
if Kano is as accomodating and religiously tolerant as Lagos, I can tell you that Kano would have been as populated as Lagos is today!
Is Nigerian money not being used to develop Kano? Is it the fault of Yorubas/Lagosians that Kano is non-religously accommodating?

@cogitoErgo: that was a very appropriate response to an otherwise warp reasoning.

Nobody can hold anybody not to develop their state and nobody is holding anybody not to develop their state.

The fact that Igbos rents houses out to Yorubas in Lagos is a testimony of the fact of the hospitality of the Yoruba people.

Should I also remind you that Igbos are HODs in Lagos owned public institutions. Can that happen anwhere in Igbo or Hausa land?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Edo 2020: PDP Says No Automatic Ticket For Obaseki / Emeka Anyaoku Endorses 'Nigeria Youth Decide' As Dr Odims Leads Delegation / FIRS Gives 30-day Grace For Tax Clearance Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.