Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,354 members, 7,815,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

Be Careful Of What You Put In Your Mouth ~food-wise~ - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Be Careful Of What You Put In Your Mouth ~food-wise~ (1746 Views)

14 Cancer-causing Foods You Should Never Put In Your Mouth Again / Be Careful What You Eat - These Are Canned As Sadines / Be Careful Of Made In China Foods (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Be Careful Of What You Put In Your Mouth ~food-wise~ by Nobody: 2:21am On Aug 31, 2012
[size=18pt]Monsanto Toxin[/size]

Re: Be Careful Of What You Put In Your Mouth ~food-wise~ by kandiikane(m): 3:02am On Aug 31, 2012
Is it harmful to humans?
Re: Be Careful Of What You Put In Your Mouth ~food-wise~ by armyofone(m): 3:20am On Aug 31, 2012
kinda scary. i'm about to start shopping at natural food store like trader joe.

ileke, bobo yen ko? I need to give him my monthly list for natural food now.
Re: Be Careful Of What You Put In Your Mouth ~food-wise~ by Nobody: 3:22am On Aug 31, 2012
kandiikane: Is it harmful to humans?

If it raptures the stomach of any insect that digests it. . . .
Re: Be Careful Of What You Put In Your Mouth ~food-wise~ by Nobody: 3:23am On Aug 31, 2012
armyofone: kinda scary. i'm about to start shopping at natural food store like trader joe.

ileke, bobo yen ko? I need to give him my monthly list for natural food now.

Bobo wo ni yen? lol Se dayokanu? Oko e atijo?

Maa so fun. But seriously o, I dey fear to pick up food nowadays.
Re: Be Careful Of What You Put In Your Mouth ~food-wise~ by Nobody: 3:25am On Aug 31, 2012
'Toxins implanted into GM food crops to kill pests are reaching the bloodstreams of women and unborn babies, alarming research has revealed.

A landmark study found 93 per cent of blood samples taken from pregnant women and 80 per cent from umbilical cords tested positive for traces of the chemicals.

Millions of acres in North and South America are planted with GM corn containing the toxins, which is fed in vast quantities to farm livestock around the world – including Britain.
However, it is now clear the toxins designed to kill crop pests are reaching humans and babies in the womb – apparently through food.'
Re: Be Careful Of What You Put In Your Mouth ~food-wise~ by Nobody: 3:26am On Aug 31, 2012
@Kandii

[img]
It is not known what, if any, harm this causes but there is speculation it could lead to allergies, miscarriage, abnormalities or even cancer.

To date the industry has always argued that if these toxins were eaten by animals or humans they would be destroyed in the gut and pass out of the body, thus causing no harm.

There is usually a side-effect, even if we don't see them right away.
Re: Be Careful Of What You Put In Your Mouth ~food-wise~ by Nobody: 3:30am On Aug 31, 2012
From the Honest Palate Website

High food quality? You mean genetically modified produce and animals fed unnatural diets and raised in CAFOs? And you say you’ve been raising industry standards? That’s interesting because I don’t see these companies pushing for better organic standards or animal welfare laws.
Re: Be Careful Of What You Put In Your Mouth ~food-wise~ by Nobody: 3:31am On Aug 31, 2012

Dear Yum Brands. Did you know that 36.6% of Americans are overweight and 26.5% are obese? Or how about the fact that when Western diets are adopted by other cultures, it results in a health care crisis? Maybe you shouldn’t boast about your statistics.
Re: Be Careful Of What You Put In Your Mouth ~food-wise~ by Nobody: 3:32am On Aug 31, 2012

I don’t even know what to say about this. KFC Chicken shouldn’t even pass as chicken. Their hens are grown to have such large breasts that the chickens are actually unable to walk. There is nothing wholesome or high quality about KFC ingredients. You’d be better off eating dirt.
Re: Be Careful Of What You Put In Your Mouth ~food-wise~ by Nobody: 3:33am On Aug 31, 2012

Which is a good thing because their meat is practically MADE OUT OF CORN after all the corn based feed fed to animals.
Re: Be Careful Of What You Put In Your Mouth ~food-wise~ by Agiliti(m): 3:36am On Aug 31, 2012
Re: Be Careful Of What You Put In Your Mouth ~food-wise~ by Nobody: 3:43am On Aug 31, 2012
Top 25 Ingredients in Taco Bell’s ‘Beef’

1) Beef

2) Water

3) Isolated Oats product ==> Used as a cheap “meat extender” to increase shelf life and impart a savory, protein flavor.

4) Salt

5) Chili Pepper

6) Onion Powder

7. Tomato Powder

8. Oats

9. Soy Lecithin

10. Sugar

11. Spices

12. Maltodextrin ==> An additive used as a sweetener, typically corn-based.

13. Soybean Oil

14. Garlic Powder

15. Autolyzed Yeast Extract ==> Autolyzed yeast extract contains monosodium glutamate and is used as a less expensive substitute for MSG.

16. Citric Acid ==> Used in this instance as a meat tenderizer.

17. Caramel Color

18. Cocoa Powder

19. Silicon Dioxide ==> Silicon dioxide is used as an anti-caking agent in food, but is also used to make silica gel desiccants.

20. Natural Flavors

21. Yeast

22. Modified Corn Starch

23. Natural Smoke Flavor

24. More Salt

25. Sodium Phosphate ==> Used as a meat preservative in food, sodium phosphate is also an effective laxative found in enemas.

Re: Be Careful Of What You Put In Your Mouth ~food-wise~ by ayobase(m): 12:58pm On Aug 31, 2012
Ileke, which one be ''~food-wise~'' again?
Is there any other thing we dey put for mouth ~banana-wise~?

1 Like

Re: Be Careful Of What You Put In Your Mouth ~food-wise~ by kandiikane(m): 1:31pm On Aug 31, 2012
cry cry cry

....But I love corn soooooooo much.

I'm like sooo addicted to it. Buying organics would make it harder for me to eat it everyday.

..Tbh, everything causes cancer.
Re: Be Careful Of What You Put In Your Mouth ~food-wise~ by Nobody: 5:45pm On Aug 31, 2012
kandiikane: cry cry cry

....But I love corn soooooooo much.

I'm like sooo addicted to it. Buying organics would make it harder for me to eat it everyday.

..Tbh, everything causes cancer.

LOL eating corn in its natural form does us no harm. It's harmful when we feed them to animals who don't naturally eat corn or when we chemically modify them for everything we eat.

I love corn too lol

@Ayo
So banana no be food again? wink
Re: Be Careful Of What You Put In Your Mouth ~food-wise~ by ayobase(m): 10:57pm On Aug 31, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

LOL eating corn in its natural form does us no harm. It's harmful when we feed them to animals who don't naturally eat corn or when we chemically modify them for everything we eat.

I love corn too lol

@Ayo
So banana no be food again? wink

Of course, it is...OGEDE AGBAGBA is it!
Re: Be Careful Of What You Put In Your Mouth ~food-wise~ by marvinsmith078: 6:42am On Sep 01, 2012
Of Course, when we go for food at outside we careful about what is method of being food and they maintain quality or not? At home also check food packets and all the materials that are used in making food. Quality of food is require for quality of health.
Re: Be Careful Of What You Put In Your Mouth ~food-wise~ by Nobody: 5:17pm On Sep 01, 2012
marvinsmith078: Of Course, when we go for food at outside we careful about what is method of being food and they maintain quality or not? At home also check food packets and all the materials that are used in making food. Quality of food is require for quality of health.

LOL Some companies are shaddy. They'd dangerous items with undecipherable (by the average person) label in their ingredient.
And nobody has time to be looking up ingredient source.

(1) (Reply)

How To Portion Nigerian Meals For Weight Loss. / Cooking Recipes / Homoretaller Cakes N More Free Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.