Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,579 members, 7,812,882 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:17 PM

VANGUARD - TB Joshua’s Prayers Ended My 14 Year Smoking Addiction – Tonto Dike - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / VANGUARD - TB Joshua’s Prayers Ended My 14 Year Smoking Addiction – Tonto Dike (888 Views)

Mercy Aigbe’s 14-year-old Daughter, Michelle, Shares Lovely Photo; Fans React / TB-Joshua Delivered Tonto-Dike From Smoking Addiction / Ebube Nwagbo:how Journalists Ended My Hot Romance With Ogbonnaya Kanu? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

VANGUARD - TB Joshua’s Prayers Ended My 14 Year Smoking Addiction – Tonto Dike by Makweembo: 1:57pm On Aug 31, 2012
Popular Nollywood actress has revealed reasons behind the sudden end to her fourteen year old smoking addiction. She says the prayer of Pastor T.B Joshua through his Christian TV station, Emmanuel TV healed her. It would be recalled that the daring actress had battled with her smoking addiction for years.

Tonto who started chain-smoking at the age of 13 had earlier in the year revealed in an interview that smoking is her life and didn’t care what people thought about it.

“If I want to smoke, I handle a stick of cigarette and I smoke it hard. It is my life I can decide to smoke myself to hell. It’s nobody’s business.”

But as against what many thought, Tonto recently took to social network cite, Twitter, announced to the whole world that she’d stopped smoking.

“I’ve good news for those who wish me well. Its silly good news but ya’ll going to love this. I quit smoking!”

Dazed, many wondered how and who had preached to her against the fourteen year old ‘love of her life’.

As a matter of fact, recently, her heavy smoking habit led to a war of words between her and Ghanian actor, Van Vicker, who complained about her uncontrollable cigarette addiction.

Many thought her new year resolution wouldn’t last. However Tonto, last week in an interview revealed that she was healed by pastor T.B Joshua’s prayer.

“I didn’t quit smoking by myself. I was watching a program on TV with Prophet T.B. Joshua and he was laying hands on people and praying for them. I love to watch his programs on Emmanuel TV. When he was praying, he said, ‘Lay your hands on the TV’ and I just laid my hands that day. I actually needed something else from God, not to quit smoking because I loved smoking!

However, after praying I sat back and I think I slept off. When I woke up, I took a stick of cigarette and I felt crazy. I couldn’t even imagine that I took it up to smoke in the first place. It felt like poison!”

Three months down the line after she made the announcement via Twitter, Dikeh has remained clean from smoking.

SOURCE: Vanguard Nigeria - http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/08/tb-joshuas-prayers-ended-my14-years-smoking-addiction-tonto-dike/

(1) (Reply)

Tonto Dike Healed Of Smoking Habit By Pastor TB Joshua / M.I "Mr Incredible" Lists Winners Of 2012 / MI And Ice Prince Into Drugs? Read This Lyrix Nd Decide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.