Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,157 members, 7,821,933 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

At What Age Should A Man Write A ''will''? Pls Read Story. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At What Age Should A Man Write A ''will''? Pls Read Story. (1799 Views)

At What Age Should Your Parents Stop Commanding You To Cut Your Hair? / At What Age Should Children Be Left To Sleep In Separate Rooms? / What Age Is Overdue For A Man To Marry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

At What Age Should A Man Write A ''will''? Pls Read Story. by djeezy(m): 2:50pm On Aug 31, 2012
I'm not sure whether this post actually belongs here or the romance section. It is apposite for everyone to write their ''will'' in lieu of dying intestate.My chief concern here is my uncle.
My uncle is a very young man but what I do not understand is why his wife wants him to write a will now. Could it be possible that she wants to kill him? He's just been married for 7 years now and his wife is persuading him to write a will and that to me is strange. I am not saying that it is wrong to write a will but under what circumstances? Is it safe to disclose the content of your will whilst still alive? As a man can your wife influence your will ie, telling you what to write? Pls I need mature replies here, thank you.
Re: At What Age Should A Man Write A ''will''? Pls Read Story. by Kobojunkie: 2:54pm On Aug 31, 2012
djeezy: I'm not sure whether this post actually belongs here or the romance section. It is apposite for everyone to write their ''will'' in lieu of dying intestate.My chief concern here is my uncle.
My uncle is a very young man but what I do not understand is why his wife wants him to write a will now. Could it be possible that she wants to kill him? He's just been married for 7 years now and his wife is persuading him to write a will and that to me is strange. I am not saying that it is wrong to write a will but under what circumstances? Is it safe to disclose the content of your will whilst still alive? As a man can your wife influence your will ie, telling you what to write? Pls I need mature replies here, thank you.

um . .. . . your uncle, if he already has a wife, is no longer considered a 'young man'. He should have put together a will before he got married. . . . in fact the minute you get a job, you need a Will. He is married, it is IRRESPONSIBLE of him to continue without a WILL, even worse if he has children. A Will is security for those left behind in the case of early death which we all know happens.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should A Man Write A ''will''? Pls Read Story. by shushu(f): 5:10pm On Aug 31, 2012
what is your business in your uncle's marriage.This is what external interference does in marriages.Every adult should have a will.
Re: At What Age Should A Man Write A ''will''? Pls Read Story. by i1: 3:40pm On Sep 01, 2012
Actually, ur uncle can protect himself aπϑ his family with the use of trusts! With ɑ̤̈̊ trust he can be the trustee as well as the beneficiary during his lifetime. Then if he dies he can appoint anybody †☺ be both trustee aπϑ beneficiary aπϑ his wife might not be included if he $☺ wishes. Ciao. For more buzz ♏ε̲̣̣̣̥ on 08093779782
Re: At What Age Should A Man Write A ''will''? Pls Read Story. by CrazyMan(m): 9:19am On Sep 02, 2012
If you ask me, I'd say its none of your business...but he (your uncle) should know that as married man, he's supposed to have a will. Waiting for his wife to remind him of that shows that he cares less about tomorrow
Re: At What Age Should A Man Write A ''will''? Pls Read Story. by Mrsmansson(f): 9:46am On Sep 13, 2012
i.:
Actually, ur uncle can protect himself aπϑ his family with the use of trusts! With ɑ̤̈̊ trust he can be the trustee as well as the beneficiary during his lifetime. Then if he dies he can appoint anybody †☺ be both trustee aπϑ beneficiary aπϑ his wife might not be included if he $☺ wishes. Ciao. For more buzz ♏ε̲̣̣̣̥ on 08093779782
Dnt understand pls.why would one exclude his wife
Re: At What Age Should A Man Write A ''will''? Pls Read Story. by biolabee(m): 11:57am On Sep 13, 2012
i

can u provide more info on the trust thing?
Re: At What Age Should A Man Write A ''will''? Pls Read Story. by slimming: 5:55pm On Sep 13, 2012
it can be anytime, if you have something to write down as 'will'
Re: At What Age Should A Man Write A ''will''? Pls Read Story. by i1: 8:47am On Sep 14, 2012
ɑ̤̈̊ trust is ɑ̤̈̊ tool used by lawyers †☺ protect clients properties by limiting their exposure †☺ death taxes aπϑ allows seemless transfer of ownership. Also the creator of the trust can deal with the trust property during his lifetime i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ any manner whatsoever.
Why I excluded the wife Ȋ̝̊̅§ because of conflicts of interests: if he dies, she remarries, if he marries ɑ̤̈̊ new wife, divorce etc.
Re: At What Age Should A Man Write A ''will''? Pls Read Story. by biolabee(m): 12:34am On Sep 15, 2012
nice one.. however do we have a means of doing this here in 9ja... if u have done it can u recommend a vehicle i can use and hope its not too expensive

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should A Man Write A ''will''? Pls Read Story. by i1: 2:36pm On Sep 15, 2012
It Ȋ̝̊̅§ expensive. Consult ɑ̤̈̊ lawyer.
Re: At What Age Should A Man Write A ''will''? Pls Read Story. by biolabee(m): 6:15pm On Sep 16, 2012
thanks i,, i'd really like more infomation on this trust thing
which lawyer do u recoomend, also is there any coy that cna help with these
Re: At What Age Should A Man Write A ''will''? Pls Read Story. by i1: 8:06pm On Sep 16, 2012
Call ♏ε̲̣̣̣̥ on 08093779782
Re: At What Age Should A Man Write A ''will''? Pls Read Story. by biolabee(m): 11:17pm On Sep 17, 2012
will do
Re: At What Age Should A Man Write A ''will''? Pls Read Story. by nobniger: 2:24am On Sep 20, 2012
At what age? I'll say 99

(1) (Reply)

Kids Say The Funniest Things / For Wives... Habits To Let Go / She Was Lucky, She Didn't Bleed, I Bled: Uganda's 'monster Maid' Speaks Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.