Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,051 members, 7,821,619 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

300 Taxis To Replace 'Okadas' In Bayelsa State - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 300 Taxis To Replace 'Okadas' In Bayelsa State (7272 Views)

BREAKING: Heavy Gun Fire As Hausa Okadas Engage Lagos Police / Nazim Mimiko Nominated To Replace Jega From March 1, 2015 / Lagos Destroys 3,000 Seized Okadas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 300 Taxis To Replace 'Okadas' In Bayelsa State by Adeuwa444(f): 7:31pm On Sep 01, 2012
An excuse for enriching his "cabal", while the masses trek. How many can afford taxi fares?
Re: 300 Taxis To Replace 'Okadas' In Bayelsa State by queensmith: 7:31pm On Sep 01, 2012
Did the government compensate the okada riders? If not then they should all strike- how can you just ban peoples means of income. mshew. besides okadas are only at that extent because of the poor roads, people still need to get to their houses and transport in nigeria isnt efficient- this is the way any natural economy will work. The solutions often being more of a nuisance when the government doesnt create enough guidance.

They should have just tried to train and regulate the okadas a bit more.

1 Like

Re: 300 Taxis To Replace 'Okadas' In Bayelsa State by kuntama: 7:35pm On Sep 01, 2012
So. Could somebody help me understand. I thought The major causes of RTAs were
1. Reckless driving
2. Poor roads
3. No road laws ( or road traffic laws not being adhered to)
4. Criminals
Please, please i'm begging you to educate me on this ocada
Regards.
Re: 300 Taxis To Replace 'Okadas' In Bayelsa State by Valto(m): 7:36pm On Sep 01, 2012
queensmith: Did the government compensate the okada riders? If not then they should all strike- how can you just ban peoples means of income. mshew. besides okadas are only at that extent because of the poor roads, people still need to get to their houses and transport in nigeria isnt efficient- this is the way any natural economy will work. The solutions often being more of a nuisance when the government doesnt create enough guidance.

They should have just tried to train and regulate the okadas a bit more.
did i hear u say compensate .... pdp govt no send u!....u need to see how many okada they impounded early this morning
Re: 300 Taxis To Replace 'Okadas' In Bayelsa State by UyiIredia(m): 7:39pm On Sep 01, 2012
The guy no serious.
Re: 300 Taxis To Replace 'Okadas' In Bayelsa State by queensmith: 7:49pm On Sep 01, 2012
Valto: did i hear u say compensate .... pdp govt no send u!....u need to see how many okada they impounded early this morning

ah ah? they cant even use it for personal use? what of going to the farm? or selling it in another state?
Re: 300 Taxis To Replace 'Okadas' In Bayelsa State by ijigbamigb(m): 7:50pm On Sep 01, 2012
Well, I laugh when i read about state governors purchasing cabs and tricycles and handing them over to prospective drivers on hire purchase...then to say they are working on evolving a good transportation system for the state...it is funny because it is not sustainable...who maintains the cabs? who regulates their billing system and routes they will be plying, are they just gonna hand the taxis over to them and after sometime, they become abandoned taxis.

This is a good policy but should come after all the roads in the state are upgraded, when the private-sector is carried along in the management of the state transport system...then u can invest heavily in bringing in a thousand cabs, hire and train unemployed youths for the taxis, and then move to focus on light rail projects (cus una get the money) etc....
just my opinion sha...
Re: 300 Taxis To Replace 'Okadas' In Bayelsa State by taharqa: 8:24pm On Sep 01, 2012
dasparrow: @Post

I hope they can maintain them because we lack a maintenance culture in Nigeria. The cabs that El-rufai introduced in Abuja back then are now almost all packed up. I hope these cabs in Bayelsa don't end up the same way.
They will almost certainly disappear.. I do not see any reason why govt wud buy and run taxis in a state or even d coun3. Eida d govt helps private drivers to buy d taxis nd run it demselves OR d govt partners a private company to run d taxis just as Lagos did wit Lagbus
Re: 300 Taxis To Replace 'Okadas' In Bayelsa State by SamAfrik(m): 8:52pm On Sep 01, 2012
300 taxis is even too much 4 Yenagoa a city wit 1 major road. And am almost sure not 1 aboki (d okada operators) wil be given a taxi. I hope those denied their source of livelyhood wont turn to robbers.
Re: 300 Taxis To Replace 'Okadas' In Bayelsa State by mathskill: 9:32pm On Sep 01, 2012
With all the oil money at thier disposal i believe Bayelsa can do better.Light rail,tram services are what they should provide.
Re: 300 Taxis To Replace 'Okadas' In Bayelsa State by ijawkid(m): 9:37pm On Sep 01, 2012
The last time I check yenagoa no get enough roads wey go fit Àllow the taxi'z carry people go there house.....

Sometimes I wonder if yenagoa is reallÝ a or the capital.........yeyÉ unplanned city

2 Likes

Re: 300 Taxis To Replace 'Okadas' In Bayelsa State by mrperfect(m): 9:47pm On Sep 01, 2012
Once that solves a problem is fine.
Re: 300 Taxis To Replace 'Okadas' In Bayelsa State by doctokwus: 10:08pm On Sep 01, 2012
Can't help but wonder if Bayelsa can ever produce one intelligent person of note.GEJ,Dickson,Alamasiegha,boyloaf,tompolo;these are all visionless,brainless pple,what a state!

1 Like

Re: 300 Taxis To Replace 'Okadas' In Bayelsa State by buoye1(m): 10:09pm On Sep 01, 2012
[left][/left]
Valto: [url]http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/09/01/bayelsa-injects-taxis-to-replace-motor-cycles/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PmNewsNigeria+%28PM+News+Nigeria%29&utm_content=FaceBook[/url].............. this is a tough time for most bayelsa residents cos there are some areas that cars cant easily access. moreover am yet to see the newly purchased taxi on the road. i heard its distributed to top politicians and civil servants
Valto: [url]http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/09/01/bayelsa-injects-taxis-to-replace-motor-cycles/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PmNewsNigeria+%28PM+News+Nigeria%29&utm_content=FaceBook[/url][b].............. this is a tough time for most bayelsa residents cos there are some areas that cars cant easily access. moreover am yet to see the newly purchased taxi on the road. i heard its distributed to top politicians and civil servants
[/b]
Valto: [url]http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/09/01/bayelsa-injects-taxis-to-replace-motor-cycles/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PmNewsNigeria+%28PM+News+Nigeria%29&utm_content=FaceBook[/url].............. this is a tough time for most bayelsa residents cos there are some areas that cars cant easily access. moreover am yet to see the newly purchased taxi on the road. i heard its distributed to top politicians and civil servants
gbam..u nailed it
Re: 300 Taxis To Replace 'Okadas' In Bayelsa State by Dainfamous: 10:13pm On Sep 01, 2012
eduson33: madam abeg,mix peper soup and beans,add okporoko and kpomo joing and spray some stew if posible.no time
wha da f****kk grin grin
Re: 300 Taxis To Replace 'Okadas' In Bayelsa State by nipeks001(m): 10:18pm On Sep 01, 2012
.bbpreye:
This is my state we are talking about here so pls seun don't ban me as I humbly ask how thgis news will affect the price of ................ In the market?

Dickson is the man, GEJ for 2015

President, LIVE from otueke, ogbia LGA, Bayelsa
Guy grow up now
Re: 300 Taxis To Replace 'Okadas' In Bayelsa State by johnstar(m): 10:22pm On Sep 01, 2012
Ow dose dis consign lag ppl undecided :- \
Re: 300 Taxis To Replace 'Okadas' In Bayelsa State by ceejayluv(m): 10:28pm On Sep 01, 2012
doctokwus: Can't help but wonder if Bayelsa can ever produce one intelligent person of note.GEJ,Dickson,Alamasiegha,boyloaf,tompolo;these are all visionless,brainless pple,what a state!

And don't forget SYLVA....
Re: 300 Taxis To Replace 'Okadas' In Bayelsa State by Dejiro(m): 11:03pm On Sep 01, 2012
Congratulations to all Bayelsans on this very big achievement.
Re: 300 Taxis To Replace 'Okadas' In Bayelsa State by sylve11: 9:51am On Sep 02, 2012
doctokwus: Can't help but wonder if Bayelsa can ever produce one intelligent person of note.GEJ,Dickson, Sylva, bbpreye, Alamasiegha,boyloaf,tompolo;these are all visionless,brainless pple,what a state!
grin grin cool
Re: 300 Taxis To Replace 'Okadas' In Bayelsa State by Nobody: 2:10pm On Sep 02, 2012
Kobojunkie: ANother Visionless Governor. . . Nigerians wake up and stop hiring fools!!!
oga be more logical with your opinions we bayelsans are not fools.
Re: 300 Taxis To Replace 'Okadas' In Bayelsa State by Nobody: 2:15pm On Sep 02, 2012
sylve11:
grin grin cool
imagine your public display of ignorance .how many bayelsans do you know for you to open your mouth to say such.
Re: 300 Taxis To Replace 'Okadas' In Bayelsa State by juman(m): 7:24pm On Sep 02, 2012
SamAfrik: 300 taxis is even too much 4 Yenagoa a city wit 1 major road. And am almost sure not 1 aboki (d okada operators) wil be given a taxi. I hope those denied their source of livelyhood wont turn to robbers.

Hmmmmm!!!!
Re: 300 Taxis To Replace 'Okadas' In Bayelsa State by NeuroBoss(m): 9:20pm On Sep 02, 2012
I feel for the poor Bayelsans that'll be made to suffer this nit-wit change but you know what? It's good news for us garri dealers! That means better way of moving our garri loads as we can always charter those cabs.

#IRepTeamGarri
Re: 300 Taxis To Replace 'Okadas' In Bayelsa State by Callotti: 10:05pm On Sep 02, 2012
Like it will solve any problems?
More traffic.
No road maintenance for the vehicles.
More pollution.
More accidents.
More cancer.
More fuel shortages.

Back to minus square ONE! kiss

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ezekwesili Got It Wrong! By Labaran Maku / GEJ Spends Thousands Of Dollars For Interviews With Foreign Media - PremiumTi / I Heard That Biafrans Are Protesting In Aba Right Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.