Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,990 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

FG Protests To Canadian Embassy On Poor Treatment Of Nigerians - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FG Protests To Canadian Embassy On Poor Treatment Of Nigerians (19035 Views)

Photos Of Nigerians Who Were Deported From The UK Today / Canadian Embassy- Lagos / The Canadian Embassy Lagos- Study Permit: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Protests To Canadian Embassy On Poor Treatment Of Nigerians by moshmusth(m): 6:31pm On Sep 02, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

LMFAO! You ask a question then turn around and answer it.

Lemme ask you this. . . How many Nigerians are going to establish business in Canada??!!!

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Bwhahahahaha!!

Check for urself now.. Do u know anything about diplomatic relations between countries if yes,then the FG has done the right tin in calling them to order.. You don't scorn citizens of a country u claim to be in a relationship with and the Canda should come and atone for this by saying we are sorry.. This is how e go start now abi u don foe get about d African cup between nigeria and south Africa over foish vaccine

2 Likes

Re: FG Protests To Canadian Embassy On Poor Treatment Of Nigerians by redsun(m): 6:32pm On Sep 02, 2012
Soon oyinbos will be recapturing africa,because that is last resort for earth salvation. Yet africans are running away because of bad leadership.

Get rid of bad elders,rotten leaders and ur land will be fertile.
Re: FG Protests To Canadian Embassy On Poor Treatment Of Nigerians by Eking: 6:34pm On Sep 02, 2012
but seriously how does this stop our government official from being corrupt

2 Likes

Re: FG Protests To Canadian Embassy On Poor Treatment Of Nigerians by KokoBeware: 6:38pm On Sep 02, 2012
FG is very right on this issue... How can u sieze someone's passport for 45 working days wich normally increases to 60 working days...... Why can't Canadian embassy do as US dos even if it takes 90 days to wait for an interview... And collect the passport only when you want to issue a VISA...

For those saying FG should make nigeria good first..and not bother about how canada treats us..Even if the country is very good there is something called 'Holiday' and am sure there is no crime in going abroad for holiday...

5 Likes

Re: FG Protests To Canadian Embassy On Poor Treatment Of Nigerians by UyiIredia(m): 6:45pm On Sep 02, 2012
45 days to get a reply ! that's ridiculous.

1 Like

Re: FG Protests To Canadian Embassy On Poor Treatment Of Nigerians by Siga: 6:54pm On Sep 02, 2012
Hmm.....Its not 45 days but 42days....and also, not every application takes that long....my mama applied and she got her visa back in 4days....my brother and hin family apply and they got all dem passports with visa back in less than 2weeks....So...its not every case....if they have to for any reasons doubt the application and waiting for more docs...dem it may take that long....Its just fair to say Nigeria has the longest wait time....if they can reduce it to 10 business days or lower, it will be good....becus Ghana na only 1day...

1 Like

Re: FG Protests To Canadian Embassy On Poor Treatment Of Nigerians by SisiKill1: 6:57pm On Sep 02, 2012
mosh_musth:

Check for urself now.. Do u know anything about diplomatic relations between countries if yes,then the FG has done the right tin in calling them to order.. You don't scorn citizens of a country u claim to be in a relationship with and the Canda should come and atone for this by saying we are sorry.. This is how e go start now abi u don foe get about d African cup between nigeria and south Africa over foish vaccine

Dude you are missing the point. . .this isn't about Canada or diplomatic whachmacallit!

They have no problem treating you with scorn because your country treats you with scorn. . .don't you get it?!!

Will they treat a Brit like that (not that they need Visa to go to Canada?)

Will they treat South Africans like that?

Even Ghana sef, they won't treat like that.

When you start demanding your right from YOUR govt and getting it, everything else will fall in place.

1 Like

Re: FG Protests To Canadian Embassy On Poor Treatment Of Nigerians by lillaowow(m): 7:00pm On Sep 02, 2012
'em 'em 'em....ma passport is wif dos ppl ooooo

well, dey can hold it for 40 days + as Long as i'll hear a positive response from them.

But, really, that "waiting game" ain't easy at all...
Re: FG Protests To Canadian Embassy On Poor Treatment Of Nigerians by patoski96(m): 7:05pm On Sep 02, 2012
That's a good move from the government,We deserve to be treated with dignity because they also need us cos we have be-lateral trade with them I guess, Recently I close was blatantly refuse entry into south korea even with a valid visa,My Question; Can a korean man be denied entry into Nigeria when he is valid ? FG pls let them seat up or ship out,thanks
Re: FG Protests To Canadian Embassy On Poor Treatment Of Nigerians by AZeD1(m): 7:13pm On Sep 02, 2012
mosh_musth:

If our Government respects us other people will respect. Ask yourself why they don't treat nationals of developed countries any how...
Re: FG Protests To Canadian Embassy On Poor Treatment Of Nigerians by moshmusth(m): 7:25pm On Sep 02, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

Dude you are missing the point. . .this isn't about Canada or diplomatic whachmacallit!

They have no problem treating you with scorn because your country treats you with scorn. . .don't you get it?!!

When you start demanding your right from YOUR govt and getting it, everything else will fall in place.

Nna, shattap lemme take u down to memory lane between liberia n USA as a case study, the shoe bomber is a britico, abu khaled al-sahrawi shaqil is a french citizen and he was a co-conspirators of 9-11 those 2 countries were never listed as among terrist but the lockerbie bomber megrahi from libya was prosecuted it is high time africans stand upto these motherfuckers n sh*t in thier faces.. as for ghana thy are not even relevant just like britico n french u no wat julian asange mother called britico she called them american puppet.. nigeria is nobody puppet shey canadians no dey come our naija na so we dey treat them ? as our country bad reach them still dey come here con do business

2 Likes

Re: FG Protests To Canadian Embassy On Poor Treatment Of Nigerians by greaterlove(m): 7:29pm On Sep 02, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

I think u r the one missing the point, that the government is standing up to its responsibility now should be applauded, they have been treating us with scorn because our past leaders don't care. We all know that our image has been affected but we have to start building it by the government showing they care about how their citizens are treated. The united state still lookout for their citizens who are caught in mexico and columbia for drug trafficking, ours shouldn't be different, I am not saying those who commit crime abroad should not be tried and jailed, but when a government shows it cares, that nigerians who r being tried abroad get good representation and are tried on a level playing ground then will those nations start taking us serious.

3 Likes

Re: FG Protests To Canadian Embassy On Poor Treatment Of Nigerians by Aigonline(m): 7:34pm On Sep 02, 2012
good step in the right direction

1 Like

Re: FG Protests To Canadian Embassy On Poor Treatment Of Nigerians by UfuomaUN(m): 7:35pm On Sep 02, 2012
I'm not suprised! Norma!!!!!
Re: FG Protests To Canadian Embassy On Poor Treatment Of Nigerians by moshmusth(m): 7:44pm On Sep 02, 2012
A-ZeD:

If our Government respects us other people will respect. Ask yourself why they don't treat nationals of developed countries any how...

This is how it is everywhere..if nigeria govt no treat u well kindly pls apply for Somalia,liberia,congo,madagascar,swaziland or sudan.. No citizens of any countries in the whole wide world go tell u say her govt treat ham well... Russia citizens dey complain, French, turkey,Syria, Iran, and co na every country get her own internal probs this one na external no mix d 2
Re: FG Protests To Canadian Embassy On Poor Treatment Of Nigerians by chreldb(m): 7:54pm On Sep 02, 2012
Sisi_Kill: It's gotta be something in the water. . .how else do you explain how the Govt consistently gets it wrong?

Instead of wondering why Nigerians are seeking Visas out of the country in droves, they are asking Canadians to treat them right.

God!! undecided

I normally concur with your views but this time I think your getting it wrong. Its a good call by the FGN and the minister of information deserves some kudos for doing his job right. After all even if the FGN in its generality treats its own citizens like crap as you have rightly pointed out, its not out of place for an individual ministry in this case the ministry of foreign affairs to play its role in the right manner. if every other ministry play their role and do their job as they are meant to then the issue of treating Nigerians like crap by the FGN will not arise in the first place. But everything cant happen all @ once so if one ministry/minister decides to make a difference it/they should be commended. You dig?

1 Like

Re: FG Protests To Canadian Embassy On Poor Treatment Of Nigerians by otondo55: 7:56pm On Sep 02, 2012
canadian embassy is a poo!
weldone minister

1 Like

Re: FG Protests To Canadian Embassy On Poor Treatment Of Nigerians by Nobody: 8:15pm On Sep 02, 2012
Vicjustice:
Nonsense, let the Federal Government first "protest" the ill treatments of Nigerians by its own authorities, also, let them "protest" the abuse of citizens by systematically denying them social welfare and cares.
And also, let them "protest" against Police and Soldiers brutality: some time ago, I saw soldiers severely beating up petty traders. Shame.

Na fela talk longtime ago, when oyinbo say no to africans we called that racism nd when africa leaders say no to africans what do we call that?
Re: FG Protests To Canadian Embassy On Poor Treatment Of Nigerians by SisiKill1: 8:16pm On Sep 02, 2012
mosh_musth:

Nna, shattap lemme take u down to memory lane between liberia n USA as a case study, the shoe bomber is a britico, abu khaled al-sahrawi shaqil is a french citizen and he was a co-conspirators of 9-11 those 2 countries were never listed as among terrist but the lockerbie bomber megrahi from libya was prosecuted it is high time africans stand upto these motherfuckers n sh*t in thier faces.. as for ghana thy are not even relevant just like britico n french u no wat julian asange mother called britico she called them american puppet.. nigeria is nobody puppet shey canadians no dey come our naija na so we dey treat them ? as our country bad reach them still dey come here con do business

What. . . the. . . eff . . are you blabbing about??!!

Deep breaths dude, DEEP BREATHS!!

LMFAO!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

greaterlove:
I think u r the one missing the point, that the government is standing up to its responsibility now should be applauded, they have been treating us with scorn because our past leaders don't care. We all know that our image has been affected but we have to start building it by the government showing they care about how their citizens are treated. The united state still lookout for their citizens who are caught in mexico and columbia for drug trafficking, ours shouldn't be different, I am not saying those who commit crime abroad should not be tried and jailed, but when a government shows it cares, that nigerians who r being tried abroad get good representation and are tried on a level playing ground then will those nations start taking us serious.

LMFAO! Yeah, they stand up for you against the fly perching on your shoulders. . .meanwhile, they own the elephant sitting squarely on your chest.

Great Job! FG. . .Fantastic!! cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: FG Protests To Canadian Embassy On Poor Treatment Of Nigerians by greaterlove(m): 8:27pm On Sep 02, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

What. . . the. . . eff . . are you blabbing about??!!

Deep breaths dude, DEEP BREATHS!!

LMFAO!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

LMFAO! Yeah, they stand up for you against the fly perching on your shoulders. . .meanwhile, they own the elephant sitting squarely on your chest.

Great Job! FG. . .Fantastic!! cheesy cheesy
Forget the elephant and the fly story, don't always go back on the ills of our government and the ones of the past governments to rubish the good work they are doing. On this matter just own up and give them a thumbs up atleast the minister got it right, on the issue of electricity own up and give them a thumbs up, when it gets to areas they are messing up criticize them on that issue that is how to be a good critique.

1 Like

Re: FG Protests To Canadian Embassy On Poor Treatment Of Nigerians by Nobody: 8:28pm On Sep 02, 2012
Pd
Re: FG Protests To Canadian Embassy On Poor Treatment Of Nigerians by SisiKill1: 8:34pm On Sep 02, 2012
greaterlove:
Forget the elephant and the fly story, don't always go back on the ills of our government and the ones of the past governments to rubish the good work they are doing. On this matter just own up and give them a thumbs up atleast the minister got it right, on the issue of electricity own up and give them a thumbs up, when it gets to areas they are messing up criticize them on that issue that is how to be a good critique.

See me see wahala oh. . .you wanna give them thumbs up for the little bread crumbs they throw your way abi? Go ahead, knock ya sef out. . .ain't nobody is holding your hand naa. Just don't cry foul when people who have seen other countries give their citizens whole loaves of bread think nothing of your crumbs. cheesy cheesy
Re: FG Protests To Canadian Embassy On Poor Treatment Of Nigerians by Nobody: 8:36pm On Sep 02, 2012
Fellow nairalanders i want u all to know that africa is a car Nigeria is d driver, if Nigerians can wake up and fight their leaders to their face for betterment of d nation d rest of africa we emulate Libya is a role model but their population ll not move africans, So together let us change this continent for good, your unborn children ll cause u if u don't, I'm an activist I'm currently fighting Nigeria government from grass root (local government) soon i ll be in state and federal
Re: FG Protests To Canadian Embassy On Poor Treatment Of Nigerians by moshmusth(m): 8:39pm On Sep 02, 2012
greaterlove:

@greaterlove, am all with u.d gurl no get wetin dey go on joor she just dey divert point she be anti gej
Re: FG Protests To Canadian Embassy On Poor Treatment Of Nigerians by greaterlove(m): 8:42pm On Sep 02, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

See me see wahala oh. . .you wanna give them thumbs up for the little bread crumbs they throw your way abi? Go ahead, knock ya sef out. . .ain't nobody is holding your hand naa. Just don't cry foul when people who have seen other countries give their citizens whole loaves of bread think nothing of your crumbs. cheesy cheesy
Good you mentioned a whole loaf, now what do u think the government will do that will make u beat ur chest and say yes I have been given a whole loaf?
Re: FG Protests To Canadian Embassy On Poor Treatment Of Nigerians by moshmusth(m): 8:58pm On Sep 02, 2012
greaterlove:
Good you mentioned a whole loaf, now what do u think the government will do that will make u beat ur chest and say yes I have been given a whole loaf?

@sisi, make u tell the country we don meet up wit all her domestic needs and her citizens no dey complain,y n if she know anything about developed n developing ao she she go dey compare a country of 270+ of independent to 50+naija .. Oga fun eee oo
Re: FG Protests To Canadian Embassy On Poor Treatment Of Nigerians by greaterlove(m): 8:59pm On Sep 02, 2012
mosh_musth:

@greaterlove, am all with u.d gurl no get wetin dey go on joor she just dey divert point she be anti gej
Thanks man, but its good to be anti government sometimes but we should know when to draw the line or we will be seen as being foolish.
Re: FG Protests To Canadian Embassy On Poor Treatment Of Nigerians by SisiKill1: 9:01pm On Sep 02, 2012
greaterlove:

Aaaah! No wonder you are clapping for bread crumbs!!

You know if you had stated from jump that you have no clue what having a good, comfortable and respectable life as a citizen of a Nation means, we woulda saved ourselves a lot of typing and for you. . . the wasting of electricity (considering how far and few between it comes along)

Well now that I know where you are coming from, I think I understand you. . .I think. undecided

Carry on with you thumbs upping ojare, don't lemme spoil ya fun!!

Marra of fact, lemme help you small. . .UP FG! UP FG!! You are the Best!!!

Hip! Hip! Hip! Hurrrrrrrrrray!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerians Create Problems In Goa, India: India Minister Dilip Parulekar / For Nigerian Illegals In The Netherlands, It Is A Tough And Risky Life / 5 Simple Ways Low Income Earners Can Save Cost On Transportation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.