Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,488 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

Christians, Iz Dis True? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians, Iz Dis True? (678 Views)

Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? / Divorce Rates Amongst Born-again Christians Compared To Other Groups / Love Dilemma ( Strictly For Born Again Christians) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Christians, Iz Dis True? by saintvc(m): 9:49am On Sep 02, 2012
A group of preachers came to ma place yesterday evenin and shard d word with me. The topic was HOLY SPIRIT

they xplaind a lot and digressd a little. However they said somtin dat baffld me.they claimd dat anybody dat has d holyspirit must speak in tongues. Speakin in tongues is d sign of d holyspirit. Wen u pray for a longtym witout speakin in tongues,u havent started prayin in spirit.any body wu hasnt spoken in tongues dont hav d holyspirit.

I was shokd. I hav neva spoken in tongues.does it mean i havent rcvd d spirit. Is dis true?
Re: Christians, Iz Dis True? by OmoAlata(f): 5:38pm On Sep 02, 2012
saintvc: A group of preachers came to ma place yesterday evenin and shard d word with me. The topic was HOLY SPIRIT

they xplaind a lot and digressd a little. However they said somtin dat baffld me.they claimd dat anybody dat has d holyspirit must speak in tongues. Speakin in tongues is d sign of d holyspirit. Wen u pray for a longtym witout speakin in tongues,u havent started prayin in spirit.any body wu hasnt spoken in tongues dont hav d holyspirit.

I was shokd. I hav neva spoken in tongues.does it mean i havent rcvd d spirit. Is dis true?

These group of preachers are sadly incorrect.

1 Corinthians 12

7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

So according to the passages above, we can't all be speakers of tongues. We all have the gifts given to us. If you don't know yours, pray and God will show you.
Re: Christians, Iz Dis True? by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:41pm On Sep 02, 2012
OP just give bad words to jesus. that is called "speak in tongues" wink

(1) (Reply)

Egypt Court Jails Atheist Blogger Alber Saber For Blasphemy / EBUKA!GOD IS GREAT / A Must Read!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.