Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,043 members, 7,810,862 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:10 PM

Appreciation - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Appreciation (806 Views)

What can you do or say to show appreciation to your spouse/significant other? / Appreciation With Sex. Men Why? / Showed Appreciation And Feeling Guilty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Appreciation by Mrsmansson(f): 11:44am On Sep 02, 2012
Happy sunday to my NL family.I really dont know how to start but i want to talk about my husband's true love to me and my 8months old daughter.While growing up i never imagined that one could still find a nice guy out there and God really blessed me with one.I met my husband on my way to get some fruits for my mum and i thank God i actually went out that night.am not perfect,i tell some lies,quick to anger but he has been so patient with me,encouraging me that change is a gradual process.some of my friends were wondering then why i accepted his proposal because he is not the handsome and swagg guy dey expected to see me with because i was the most beautiful girl in our class,but Tank God i neva listened to them,now they wish for my kind of husband.Cant begin to say all because my story will be too long.My point now is,How do i repay him.Last night i asked how i could show him a sign of appreciation,he said he doesnt need any gift from me that all he needs is my honesty and my ability to manage our family resources/his company when he is not around.so incase he dies anyday cos nobody lives forever he will be rest assured i would be able to take care of myself and our kids.pls is there still any thing i can probably do,because am so grateful honestly.Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Appreciation by Nobody: 12:07pm On Sep 02, 2012
I am so happy to read this, I have been drained from all the negative posts about marriage. I am so happy and relieved to read this. God bless and keep your home, May He shower His Love and Blessings and your good kind, generous husband, as he has loved you may Christ shower the same love on him.
Please dont let conceited women and advisers lead you astray to ever take his love for granted, as he has loved you i urge you to submit as Christ commanded
Re: Appreciation by EfemenaXY: 12:25pm On Sep 02, 2012
Awww...this is so sweet!

I'm really happy for you Mrs Mansson. Wish we had more stories like this here.

Well, my suggestion to you, is to show your hubby how much you really care for him. Ever heard the saying "actions speak louder than words"? So simple things like sending him a couple of texts during the day, to let him know how much he is really loved, making sure he comes home to a clean home, clean and happy kids, a well cooked hot meal awaiting him.

Be as wildly romantic as you can be with him, induldge in both your fantasies, scented candles, romantic music, run a warm bath for him in the evenings, join him in there, scrub his back, give him a thorough massage in bed with baby oil to loosen up those tense muscles, and lots & lots of kinky bedmatics....

Phew! I'm out of breath here! Basically, just keep on doing what it is your doing to make you both happy. But above all, always ensure you have a good, open communication channel with your hubby.

Good on you girl! smiley
Re: Appreciation by zayhal(f): 12:27pm On Sep 02, 2012
Give him a lot of respect and be very sincere with him.

God bless your home.
Re: Appreciation by Mrsmansson(f): 1:08pm On Sep 02, 2012
debrief08: I am so happy to read this, I have been drained from all the negative posts about marriage. I am so happy and relieved to read this. God bless and keep your home, May He shower His Love and Blessings and your good kind, generous husband, as he has loved you may Christ shower the same love on him.
Please dont let conceited women and advisers lead you astray to ever take his love for granted, as he has loved you i urge you to submit as Christ commanded
Amen and Thanks alot
Re: Appreciation by safeLove(f): 1:08pm On Sep 02, 2012
Kinky bedmatics indeed..
Babe,nice one. Be very respectful to your husband. Men appreciate respect more than anything else. Show him you are capable of being his "help meet".
Never take his kindness for granted. Put him FIRST after God. Never listen to gossip as no one is perfect. Be always cheerful around him and if anything ever bothers you,seek his opinion before anything else.
He's your friend and by his action towards you,you know he means well for you.
They say a wise woman buils her home and a foolish one does whaaaat?...
Re: Appreciation by Mrsmansson(f): 1:12pm On Sep 02, 2012
Efemena_xy: Awww...this is so sweet!

I'm really happy for you Mrs Mansson. Wish we had more stories like this here.

Well, my suggestion to you, is to show your hubby how much you really care for him. Ever heard the saying "actions speak louder than words"? So simple things like sending him a couple of texts during the day, to let him know how much he is really loved, making sure he comes home to a clean home, clean and happy kids, a well cooked hot meal awaiting him.

Be as wildly romantic as you can be with him, induldge in both your fantasies, scented candles, romantic music, run a warm bath for him in the evenings, join him in there, scrub his back, give him a thorough massage in bed with baby oil to loosen up those tense muscles, and lots & lots of kinky bedmatics....

Phew! I'm out of breath here! Basically, just keep on doing what it is your doing to make you both happy. But above all, always ensure you have a good, open communication channel with your hubby.

Good on you girl! smiley
Noted and thanks alot
Re: Appreciation by Nobody: 1:29pm On Sep 02, 2012
these are the type of stories i want to be reading - may u and ur family remain blessed
Re: Appreciation by Nobody: 1:57pm On Sep 02, 2012
@OP,
Lovely post.
Nice to read the story of a woman who has something nice and positive to say about her husband for once.
Madam,there is no way to repay your husband except to keep doing what you are doing.
I pray that you continue to be an asset to your husband and child.
There is hope for the family section yet.
Re: Appreciation by JallowBah(f): 2:03pm On Sep 02, 2012
You sound like me. I have the same feeling for my husband. He has brought out the best in my, and makes me WANT to be a better person.

Like one said before; do small things in the everyday life. Cook his fsvourite meal, bring home his favourite snack/drink when you`re in the shop. Enjoy some time together when the baby is sleeping, dont forget to be lovers AND parents as well. Do things for him he has told you he likes.
Get someone to watch the baby one night, go out and eat and dance and enjoy.

Take good care of the lovesmiley
Re: Appreciation by Mrsmansson(f): 2:58pm On Sep 02, 2012
safeLove: Kinky bedmatics indeed..
Babe,nice one. Be very respectful to your husband. Men appreciate respect more than anything else. Show him you are capable of being his "help meet".
Never take his kindness for granted. Put him FIRST after God. Never listen to gossip as no one is perfect. Be always cheerful around him and if anything ever bothers you,seek his opinion before anything else.
He's your friend and by his action towards you,you know he means well for you.
They say a wise woman buils her home and a foolish one does whaaaat?...
So true
Re: Appreciation by Mrsmansson(f): 3:01pm On Sep 02, 2012
cotton101: these are the type of stories i want to be reading - may u and ur family remain blessed
Amen

(1) (Reply)

Should A Man Have A Say On What A Woman Does With An Unplanned Pregnancy? / Does Budgeting Really Work? / The Worst Obituary Written For A Dead Mother By Her Kids.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.