Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Tinubu Invited To US Democratic Party Convention - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Invited To US Democratic Party Convention (14650 Views)

Labaran Maku Emerges As New APGA National Secretary At Party Convention / Tinubu Lied About Obama’s Invitation To Democratic Party Convention Says DNC / Tinubu, Fayemi, Ikuforiji & Alake At Democratic Party Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Invited To US Democratic Party Convention by nduchucks: 2:10am On Sep 03, 2012
Na wa o. No other Nigerian was given a gold card invitation. We are watching.

National leader of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, is to attend the three-day National Convention of the United States Democratic Party that kicks off today in Charlotte, North Carolina.

Tinubu, who was invited to the convention by the party in recognition of his political activities as leader of opposition in Nigeria, will be at the ring side to watch the nomination of President Barrack Obama as the party’s presidential candidate for the November election.

The Republican Party at the weekend confirmed the nomination of Mitt Romney as its candidate.

A statement by Special Adviser on Media to the former Lagos state governor, Mr Sunday Dare, reads: “Tinubu receives a gold card invitation which is prime and with this, he will be joined by three other eminent personalities - Governor Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti state, Speaker Lagos state House of Assembly Adeyemi Ikuforiji and former Commissioner for Information and Strategy in Lagos state, Mr Dele Alake.

“On Thursday, at Bank of America stadium, President Obama and Vice President Joe Biden will deliver their nomination acceptance speeches.

Four years ago when President Obama was inaugurated, Tinubu also enjoyed a ring side seat at the event in Washington.

Tinubu’s invitation to attend the convention comes after a successful one week lecture tour, town hall meeting and book launch in Washington and Chicago.

He delivered a lecture at the prestigious Wilson Center for International scholars on the challenges facing Nigeria’s democratic experiment and offered solutions to problems of under development facing the country.

Similarly at a town hall meeting in Chicago with Governors Rauf Aregbesola and Abiola Ajimobi on hand, Tinubu spoke extensively on Nigeria’s search for true federalism and highlighted the fault lines in the country’s practice of federalism.

At the convention, Tinubu is expected to discuss how to entrench true federalism in Nigeria in his private discussions with the leading figures of the Obama administration and seek the US support for Nigeria to hold a free and fair election in 2015.

Source

7 Likes

Re: Tinubu Invited To US Democratic Party Convention by PhysicsQED(m): 2:17am On Sep 03, 2012
I'll try and spot him in the audience.
Re: Tinubu Invited To US Democratic Party Convention by DuduNegro: 4:17am On Sep 03, 2012
The invitation has expected gains for both Tinubu and DNC. Tinubu is thinking of retaining James Carville for consulting on 2015.

Carville has helped secured political success for people like Tony Blair and Ehud Barak and as well several other world leaders but most prominent is Bill Clinton's defeat of George Bush 41. The loss of that election is still a sore pain in the old man's heart. I watched a CNN documentary of him yestrday and even though its been 20yrs ago, he lamented bitterly about that loss to Clinton,.

When I get ready to run for Lagos Governor I know who to contact - the Cajun strategist! :-)

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Invited To US Democratic Party Convention by Nobody: 4:27am On Sep 03, 2012

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Invited To US Democratic Party Convention by DuduNegro: 4:53am On Sep 03, 2012
musiwa6: tinubu is not sellable... he knows that, that why he did not seek election to be president... tinubu was not the reason why ACN won... if i say they should not vote for the ACN or pdp and put another party name.. that party will win against ACN or pdp... do a small research about me.. if you doubt my statement.. ACN can test with ondo state election.

let put it this way.. by his grace that no man can boost i can make 1 million people stand in one stop to show you.. my word means alot.. i had a divine background.

He does not need sellability to secure political success. Look at how much Sarah Palin is hated but she scored huge success at the polls sponsoring candidates.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Invited To US Democratic Party Convention by Nobody: 4:56am On Sep 03, 2012
.hjh

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Invited To US Democratic Party Convention by segunjowo(m): 7:04am On Sep 03, 2012
But of cause. Tinubu is da bomb!
Re: Tinubu Invited To US Democratic Party Convention by truth4meal(m): 7:42am On Sep 03, 2012
musiwa6: tinubu is not sellable... he knows that, that why he did not seek election to be president... tinubu was not the reason why ACN won... if i say they should not vote for the ACN or pdp and put another party name.. that party will win against ACN or pdp... do a small research about me.. if you doubt my statement.. ACN can test with ondo state election.

let put it this way.. by his grace that no man can boost i can make 1 million people stand in one stop to show you.. my word means alot.. i had a divine background.

if u are not a paid "Hater" of Tinubu can u just leave d man and go to the work where u get paid.
Re: Tinubu Invited To US Democratic Party Convention by ACM10: 7:45am On Sep 03, 2012
choi

Re: Tinubu Invited To US Democratic Party Convention by ACM10: 7:45am On Sep 03, 2012
Choi

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Invited To US Democratic Party Convention by Demdem(m): 7:45am On Sep 03, 2012
But some NLers especially the pro-Retardeens believe this Tinubu guy is a criminal and wanted in the US Something is definitely not adding up

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu Invited To US Democratic Party Convention by DuduNegro: 8:01am On Sep 03, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
Where are the 40 paid retarrded lapdogs and their supporting south eastern fools to tell how "thiefnibu" is wanted by FBI cry ? Pathetic.

.you know!.......sound more like he is loved by fbi if he is invited to two conventions back to back + a Presidential inauguration.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Invited To US Democratic Party Convention by DuduNegro: 8:06am On Sep 03, 2012
Demdem,

No mind them abeg..........awon abinuwaiye! Tinubu' s Eagle has landed, PDP chicklets are sweating.... :-)

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Invited To US Democratic Party Convention by Clerverly: 8:10am On Sep 03, 2012
I thought they said Tinubu is barred from entering The United States Of American. Why is he getting Invitations here and there? Is Beaf dead? Questions and questions!

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Invited To US Democratic Party Convention by Demdem(m): 8:15am On Sep 03, 2012
ACM10: choi

He looks more like a jury member than an accused IMO. The same court that threw away the Govt case and lambasted the numerous lawyers that came to represent the govt. Up till date, they still have nothing to rope on Oju-yobo's head grin
Re: Tinubu Invited To US Democratic Party Convention by Rhino5dm: 8:18am On Sep 03, 2012
Maza!!!! Kwana biyu kashare ni, haba maye duniya?

Dudu_Negro:

.you know!.......sound more like he is loved by fbi if he is invited to two conventions back to back + a Presidential inauguration.
Re: Tinubu Invited To US Democratic Party Convention by gidiMonsta(m): 8:22am On Sep 03, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin

Aare Musiwa, future presido of 'wester niger' abeg no kill person with your comedy abeg...where are the maps sef?
Re: Tinubu Invited To US Democratic Party Convention by Rhino5dm: 8:32am On Sep 03, 2012
Tinubu is criminal only in the mind of the likes of Beaf the fool, Wesley-idiot, Were-dunce,Djustice-goat, PoinB the tout and the remaining pack of sub Saharan-shyte rolling mantis spamming this board with forged documents in desperation to satisfy their pay masters. The shameless PDP paid hybrid goats should endeavor to tell us if the US government was bribed into making Tinubu one the highest recognisd democrat world wide and be regarded with such an esteem which Jonathan can only dream of.

Clerverly: I thought they said Tinubu is barred from entering The United States Of American. Why is he getting Invitations here and there? Is Beaf dead? Questions and questions!

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Invited To US Democratic Party Convention by Rhino5dm: 8:42am On Sep 03, 2012
Don't be deceived cos that's not Musiwa, that's another handler of the PDP paid goons trying to deflect the attention of people from asking questions as to why was the "most wanted" Tinubu allowed and invited into the US to participate in one of the most recognised political assembly. afteral, they spammed this board with several forged copies of arrest warrant issued by FBI and Interpol to effect his arrest.

gidiMonsta: grin grin grin grin grin

Aare Musiwa, future presido of 'wester niger' abeg no kill person with your comedy abeg...where are the maps sef?
Re: Tinubu Invited To US Democratic Party Convention by Gbawe: 8:58am On Sep 03, 2012
The truth is that others are not be 'infested' with the madness of retrogressive self-delusion and ethnic jingoism Nigerians wallow in. Even as folks from a certain region of Nigeria obsess about attacking Tinubu daily, neutral non-Nigerians will only look at them as self-delusional and hypocritical because they are only left to conclude Tinubu is sane from dispassionately looking at the madness called Nigeria and observing the character of her 'major players'.

Non-Nigerians will, for example, look at how GEJ , the current President with the power to deliver progress, is empowering corrupt individuals (like Anyim, Allison-Madueke, Adoke Bello, Okupe, Haliru Mohammed et al) who are not currently getting things done and wonder about the lack of focus and dearth of critical thinking afflicting Nigerians to the extent some shout "Tinubu" daily when he is not even in Government.

Condoleeza Rice, as an example of a pragmatic US Political strategist, will no doubt come to conclude Tinubu is better than most others using critical indices that matter even if Nigerians want to show idiocy to the entire world maligning the man daily. US unspoken shift in foreign policy now includes aiding African Nations to succeed to faciliate the idea of "Africans remaining in Africa". Rice, in that context, will therefore conclude that Nigeria is hideously corrupt and that all top-level Party bosses/supremo and political players have to thrive deploying a certain level of corruption. She then faces the task of looking at those who remain progressive and still get things done even in that ultra corrupt environment. Who is close to Tinubu in this regard? OBJ, Anenih, Bode George, Ahmadu Ali, Atiku, Ciroma, Yakassai, IBB, Kalu et al? They are all corrupt yet totally indifferent to developmental political strategy !!!!!

Accepted also, by those who don't fool themselves, is the fact that Tinubu is a 'man of ideas' while the political ruminations of most of our cretinous leaders consist of running to Abuja for allocation. Tinubu is an advocate of States increasing their IGR and relying less on the centre for developmental cash. He championed the usage of PPP (public private partnership) as a way to develop society using private sector cash. He introduced bond issuance as a way for States to raise funds at a stage other neanderthals laughed because their minds limited them to seeing Abuja as the only source of cash.

Most importantly, the balanced and neutral non-Nigerian political observer will note that while others, ten times out of ten, will support the most indolent, criminal-minded and clueless retrogressive 'tools' available like Andy Uba, Oyinlola, Alao Akala et al, Tinubu gave Nigeria one of it's best Governor ,i.e Fashola, and supported social radicals, undoubted achievers and progressive men elsewhere. The USA, UK and even our African neigbhours will be impressed by such behaviour given the reality they accept about Nigeria we ourselves display too much emotion and ethnic bias to factor into our thoughts or talk. The sum total of their pragmatic thoughts will be that Tinubu s a very sane and 'useful' Nigerian leader. Perhaps the sort they must support even if out of self-interest. Others remain too greedy, unintelligent, extremist and callous to the extent they have no reverse gear and will only encourage the sort of chaos we are seeing now.

In case some have not appreciated what Americans and others know to be true about Nigeria, our challenge remains finding 'crooks' who give back and aid development while we continue our evolutionary march towards an age of the "beautiful ones".

9 Likes

Re: Tinubu Invited To US Democratic Party Convention by SamMilla1(m): 9:12am On Sep 03, 2012
PhysicsQED: I'll try and spot him in the audience.

That wont be difficult. Just have a monkey in mind and you will find him as fast as locating Obama at the podium.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Invited To US Democratic Party Convention by alienware(m): 9:29am On Sep 03, 2012
Having power is like being a lady,if you have to tell people you are - Then you are not. Tinubu is too loud, i don't like him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pigeons: Buhari Has No Time For Idle, Wailing Wailers - Femi Adesina / Amosun Attends Swearing In Of Ogun LG/LCDA Chairmen (Photos) / Osinbajo: You Are Unenlightened, Mischievous, Tony Momoh Blasts Afenifere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.