Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,272 members, 7,853,334 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 02:37 PM

Is MTN Smooth Talk A Scam? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is MTN Smooth Talk A Scam? (2364 Views)

Current Whatsapp Video Calling Is A Scam! / What Is Mtn Upgrading To? / What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is MTN Smooth Talk A Scam? by adefash(m): 6:50am On Sep 03, 2012
I subscribed to MTN smooth talk sometimes last month. MTN kept deducting N5 from my account every 24 hrs as expected. My fear was what happens on the days i do not have credit for access fee, will MTN deduct money for those days the day i finally load airtime? To find out, i left my line without enof credit for 3days.the forth day i loade, i got a message 'your subscription has expired pleas dial *401*1# or send ON to 131 to renew your subscription' to cut a long stopry short,it is more than 24 hrs now i sent 'ON' to 131 yet my subscription has not been renewed.i'm charged N20/min for on-net calls and even more for off net. How long will i wait for renewal of subscription? I dialled *401*1# but kept telling me network busy.
Re: Is MTN Smooth Talk A Scam? by amblors(m): 7:06am On Sep 03, 2012
Its stated on the website, that if you don't renew ur subscription u'll b put on a plan wia u pay N12/min to mtn calls n N18/min to other networks.
Or mayb that happens if u send 'no' to 'do u want to subscribe', maybe
Re: Is MTN Smooth Talk A Scam? by adefash(m): 7:54am On Sep 03, 2012
amblors: Its stated on the website, that if you don't renew ur subscription u'll b put on a plan wia u pay N12/min to mtn calls n N18/min to other networks.
Or mayb that happens if u send 'no' to 'do u want to subscribe', maybe
thanks for the insight.i think thats whats happening. I was not charged up to N20 for my on-net. I think my lose of trust for MTN made me come up with that erroneous conclusion.it was airtel number i called that i was charged roughly N20/min.if i calculated it well,it could have been N18/min anyway.
I will still keep an eye on my credit because the MTN that i know...
Re: Is MTN Smooth Talk A Scam? by Nobody: 11:10am On Sep 04, 2012
MTN sef na wah. They should remove the on/off feature and simply charge u more when they dont collect the daily N5 and revert to normal tariff once u load.

Lets know how it goes, if u were finally able to put ur subscription back ON.

etisalat just countered back to Smooth Talk with easylife 3.0. I await Glo's move.
Re: Is MTN Smooth Talk A Scam? by adefash(m): 3:00pm On Sep 04, 2012
[quote
author=trae_z]MTN sef na wah. They should remove the on/off feature and
simply charge u more when they dont collect the daily N5 and revert to
normal tariff once u load.

Lets know how it goes, if u were finally able to put ur subscription
back ON.

etisalat just countered back to Smooth Talk with easylife 3.0. I await
Glo's move.[/quote]
ok no wahala. i await Glo's move too.i know that Glo's own will be smoother talk.competition good ooo.make den privatize nigeria sef.
Re: Is MTN Smooth Talk A Scam? by globatop: 12:58pm On Sep 09, 2012
To me, MTN is a scam, I feel they cant support that plan, hence once u dont have enough credit, u are out for life, several calls to CS for renewal yield no result. pls switcth to et isa lat, better benefits awaits u.
Re: Is MTN Smooth Talk A Scam? by Nobody: 5:56am On Sep 10, 2012
As for me trying to opt back in by sending| on" 10 "131" or by *Bleep*1# (the codes are wrong, will rectify that soon) didn't work. had to call Customer care yesterday and they swiftly corrected it from their own system. but you're right, it's not a nice look at all.
Re: Is MTN Smooth Talk A Scam? by adefash(m): 3:10pm On Sep 19, 2012
globatop: To me, MTN is a scam, I feel they cant support that plan, hence once u dont have enough credit, u are out for life, several calls to CS for renewal yield no result. pls switcth to et isa lat, better benefits awaits u.
can u pls tell me the tarrif of etisalat.i'm considering a change of network for better tarrif plan. Thanks.
Re: Is MTN Smooth Talk A Scam? by amblors(m): 4:13pm On Sep 19, 2012
adefash:
can u pls tell me the tarrif of etisalat.i'm considering a change of network for better tarrif plan. Thanks.

Etisalat offers this same service. 20k/secs to all networks n select landlines abroad.
Re: Is MTN Smooth Talk A Scam? by amblors(m): 11:38am On Sep 20, 2012
Funny enuf mtn has modified their own plan to include calls to select countries landlines too.
Re: Is MTN Smooth Talk A Scam? by folafola(m): 6:14am On Sep 21, 2012
I experienced same as well by the way I think this smoothtalk remain the cheapest plan on MTN network. to solve your issue just dial *401# and you would be welcome to smoothtalk and if you want to check your account and bonus dial *559# then enjoy the plan as I do

(1) (Reply)

Which Network Is The Best For Browsing? / Low Cost Android Phone For A Student / A Wearable Drone That Launches Off Your Wrist To Take Your Selfie(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.