Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,961 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:59 PM

What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? (20982 Views)

How To Stream Videos With Etisalat Paygo Trick / Did Mtn Migrate You From Paygo To Family & Friends / MTN PayGo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by mcnepow(m): 7:08am On Jan 20, 2011
My fellow NLanders, MTN is at it again!

I refused to migrate to the Happy, Fun or SmartLink tariff plans because I never understood what they 'really' were & MTN never cared to explain, so I remained and was comfortable in XtraConnect.

To my surprise I woke up this morning and discovered my XtraConnect and my mums FunLink had turned PayGO! I hope this is not the trap I have been tryna avoid for long.

Also, is MTN authorised to switch you to other tariff plans without your consent?
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by mcnepow(m): 7:19am On Jan 20, 2011
Also, Stingy MTN gave free text messages (mine was close to 2000) and the bonus has an expiry date which cant be viewed.
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by NnamdiN: 7:35am On Jan 20, 2011
Oh shyt!!!
Mine too, wtf
Lemme check my f&f nos, I'll brb
God save mtn if I don't find em
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by BankoleO1: 8:03am On Jan 20, 2011
Yes thats true just check mine, what the hell is Paygo?
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by Nobody: 8:10am On Jan 20, 2011
I just noticed that mine too has been changed to paygo!

What the fk is wrong with this mtn! they will just wakeup one day and do whatever they like to your line and dont give a shi-t how you feel abt it!

You cant even reach their DEAD customer care!

I THINK ITS TIME FOR A NETWORK CHANGE!
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by chidike(m): 8:19am On Jan 20, 2011
Did you also notice that you can make calls at N12 per minute to 4 mtn numbers, one international number and one number from another network. I'm sure in the next few days they'll tell us wats it's about.
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by BankoleO1: 8:24am On Jan 20, 2011
mtn is at it again o!  grin more details http://www.mtnonline.com/index.php/paygo.html
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by frgy1: 8:29am On Jan 20, 2011
All I know is , they are offering me 114 free sms to all networks and am taking it .
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by BankoleO1: 8:34am On Jan 20, 2011
frgy_:

All I know is , they are offering me 114 free sms to all networks and am taking it .

where did u see 114 sms o grin
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by Donseaun(m): 9:39am On Jan 20, 2011
Na true o! Me i can see any free sms here o! And the site sef no dey open
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by justlaw(m): 9:58am On Jan 20, 2011
To check your free sms bonus, simply dial *559# to view that.

With MTN, more lives are enriched!
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by tomiade1(m): 10:30am On Jan 20, 2011
justlaw:

To check your free sms bonus, simply dial *559# to view that.

With MTN, more lives are enriched!

i keep gettting a "supplementary service error:System Failure
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by ayusman16(m): 11:17am On Jan 20, 2011
MTN PayGo has the following features

6 registered F&F numbers at N12/min ( 20kper/sec
Free call to one Magic number @ N250/month.
Free Midnight calls
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by WackyJ1(m): 11:27am On Jan 20, 2011
I didn't get any free sms and that *559# thing isn't working
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by Joe50(m): 11:51am On Jan 20, 2011
MTN PAYGO
MTN-to-MTN = 50 kobo per second

Other Voice Calls
MTN-to-Other: 58 kobo per second

West and Central Africa:
53 kobo per second

MTN Group Networks:
58 kobo per second

International Zone 1:
67 kobo per second

Zone 2 - Small Island:
NGN1.25 per second

Zone 3 - Satellite and Thuraya:
NGN11.67 per second
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by mcnepow(m): 11:59am On Jan 20, 2011
I got this from Mtn Loadedng (a group on FaceBook)
MTN PayGo is a simple tariff plan that we designed with the aim of empowering you to do so much more with your mobile phone without having to pay more. With PayGo, you can talk to 6 Family & Friends @ N12 per minute, including one international number and one from other networks. You also get free calls to 1 Magic number @ N250 / month and free midnight calls.
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by mcnepow(m): 12:02pm On Jan 20, 2011
MTN LoadedNG also made mention of MTNTalkON but didnt explain wat that was.
I ask - is the magic numba a 24/7 tin and more clarificatn is needed as to how the nite call works.
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by Joe50(m): 12:15pm On Jan 20, 2011
the free sms no dey go again self, grin grin grin

please confirm it abeg,
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by blackboy12(m): 12:40pm On Jan 20, 2011
MTN PAYGO is the new tariff plan that MTN has introduced to show real value for money with no hidden charge whatsoever. on PAYGO, you have the opportunity of registering 6 numbers comprising; 4 MTN Numbers, 1 other number plus an international number on your Friends and Family and make calls for 20k/sec or N12/min to those special numbers.
Also you can register one special number ( Magic Number) for N250 flat rate and call that number free of charge, all day, all night for one MONTH!!!!!! can you beat that?
Also you can purchase bundles that will enrich your calling experience Text (HAPPY to 131) - 22 Onnet mins, 30 Onnet SMS @N400 valid for 30 days
(FUN to 131) - 60 Onnet mins, 200 Onnet SMS @N1500 valid for 30 days
(SMART to 131) - 250 National mins, 250 National SMS @N6000 valid for 30 days
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by NnamdiN: 2:44pm On Jan 20, 2011
^^
U sound like u work for/wit dem.
If that's d case, help me tell em everybody including my grandma in d villa has at least 2 phones, one(mtn for receiving calls) two (glo/etisalat/airtel for making calls).
I tot d right to swap plans was reserved to d customers?
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by Guddy(m): 3:03pm On Jan 20, 2011
Check today's punch and u'll see dat mtn has done d xplanation u nid
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by vyruscool(m): 3:28pm On Jan 20, 2011
Guyz, i tink iz a gud development, bt wot am MAD about iz daht dey did it wiv out our knwlge. . . .so we have no ryt n dey forgot dia iz a Terms n conditions on evry SIM card. . . . .wch we cn sue dem on such issues. . . . .
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by pkv(m): 3:37pm On Jan 20, 2011
mtn is d devil,crafty,trickish and wit no free gift, blive me their r latent charges attached 2 this so cald guddys.una ting say una dey chop dem whereas na dem dey chopulate una!
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by frgy1: 7:51pm On Jan 20, 2011
Bankole_O:

where did u see 114 sms o grin
Guess you would have seen yours by now , some even got about 2000
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by Tokotaya: 8:05pm On Jan 20, 2011
http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=17576:mtn-launches-new-price-plan&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=50

MTN launches new price plan .
Thursday, 20 January 2011 16:45 Bill Okonedo

.L-R: General Manager, Corporate Communications, Mrs. Funmi Omogbenigun; General Manager, Consumer Marketing, Mr. Kola Oyeyemi; and Chief Marketing Officer, Mr. Bola Akingbade, all of MTN Nigeria at the launch of MTN’s new Value Proposition in Lagos on Thursday, 20 January, 2011.
.…offers free on-net calls for 30 days

MTN Nigeria Communications Limited has heightened the price wars in Nigeria’s telecom sector once again, with a revolutionary discount on its tariff structure that brings succour to its over 35 million subscribers.

MTN rolled out three pocket-friendly initiatives namely: MTN Magic Number; MTN Talk-On and MTN Family and Friends. Explaining the true value inherent in the tariff discount in Lagos yesterday
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by ciscostaz: 8:12pm On Jan 20, 2011
hahaha. this one MTN STEALGO
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by mcnepow(m): 9:50pm On Jan 20, 2011
ciscostaz:

hahaha. this one MTN STEALGO

lol, U sabi them. Stil no one has explained why MTN FORCEFULLY PUSHED us there.
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by Stallion84(m): 4:12am On Jan 21, 2011
To me, the whole package is RUBBISH. whilst other networks are slashing call rates massively, MTN dey do cunny cunny. u can imagine that thier on net mtn- mtn calls still go for 30 naira while to other networks is still 35 naira. Previously, family and friends used to be 15 naira, and all they could do was a 2naira cut off it (now 13naira). do they think i only have 6 contacts on my phone or what. As far as i am concerned, Aitel and Etisalat are better choices and henceforth my MTN is meant for recieving kols only. am going airtel asap. MTN waayo
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by Mobinga: 6:23am On Jan 21, 2011
Unlike majority here, I didn't see any need to migrate out of xtracool. I'm still using it, no qualms.
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by pkv(m): 9:14am On Jan 21, 2011
shocker!mtn r at it again,i woke yestamorning 2 discover mtn has given me 1386 free national sms,i just dialed *559 ash this a.m 2 discover every detail was zero!!wetin dey hapen?!even d magic numba i reg yestaday n N250 was slashd 4rm my airtym is stil billd!!
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by aieromon(m): 9:28am On Jan 21, 2011
mcnepow:

lol, U sabi them. Stil no one has explained why MTN FORCEFULLY PUSHED us there.

They can't and they won't.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Smartphone Batteries Explode And How To Prevent It / Who Has Used A Phone With A Very Long Lasting Battery? / Apple To Scan Iphones For Child Sex Abuse Images

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.