Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,654 members, 7,820,274 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? (17811 Views)

Which Church Program Would You Want To Attend? (Hilarious Photos) / 136 Christians Convert To Islam In Kwara State / Which Church Do You Attend And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by exbash: 9:57pm On Sep 09, 2012
CrazyMan: Any church whose doctrine of christ doesn't contradict what we have in the bible would do.

like which one? abi e get the one wen contradict? na wa oo....
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by okpurukata(f): 10:12pm On Sep 09, 2012
All these useless threads are simply aimed at ridiculing Christianity and we always fall for them.
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by Techwriter: 11:04pm On Sep 09, 2012
Oluvan: @Techwriter,u sound like a carnal man,one dat do not have proper understandin of d scripture,if a Holiness Church is nt conducive 4 a new convert where else can he be fed-prosperity and mordern day church?...
Oluvan, notice I didnt mention my church unlike 98% of the people speaking here. It takes maturity to understand the unity of the body of Christ. Paul identified those that were denominational in their thinking as being carnal and babies, so you better understand the meaning of carnality. I've been privilieged to belong to what you call holiness preaching churches and I can tell you that rules and regulation is not "holiness" many things go on, especially suspicion, gossip etc. I am not an advocate of ostentation and materialistic display of opulence under the cloak of faith, i believe we should be moderate in all things but the modern day churches as you call them has reached more people and changed more lives. Many will be shocked on the last day to hear Jesus' judgement.
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by dyabman(m): 11:10pm On Sep 09, 2012
DEEPER LIFE BIBLE CHURCH !!

1 Like

Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by Akolawole(m): 11:49pm On Sep 09, 2012
These days its very difficult to recommend a church most especially a young convert. There are so many gymnatics happening in church now.

A church where the convert can be groomed in the word. Probably Deeper life come handy in this.

1 Like

Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by ZeusI: 12:14am On Sep 10, 2012
Any first one he visited. Then, he should read his bible, follow his conscience and observe the golden rule.
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by NNBB2012: 12:15am On Sep 10, 2012
Go to any bible believing church, where you will be grounded and grow in faith. A new convert is like a baby that needs to grow up to adulthood/maturity.

God bless you for your sincerity.
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by Kokopos(m): 12:54am On Sep 10, 2012
The church that says the our Lord's prayer everyday. How main churches say the our Lord's prayer that Christ thought us in the bible, the Catholic church saya the our Lord's pray. For those who dont know, the Catholic church does not worship our Mother Mary but honour her as the Mother of the Saviour of the word JESUS CHRIST. The Hail Mary the Catholics say is in the bible.Angel Gabriel said it to her so why cannt we say same to her.
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by Nobody: 12:59am On Sep 10, 2012
you cant just pick churches any how because of false doctrines and false teachers and decietful men. therefore, pray and let the Holy Spirit do the confirmation. And pick a church where you can grow actively spiritually with sound doctrine. I know of RCCG but there are others too.
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by Nobody: 1:03am On Sep 10, 2012
You should continue from were you got converted
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by Empyv: 1:07am On Sep 10, 2012
If am to recommend a church ill ask him to go to jehovah witness because dey teach d bible d way it is nd dont have class distinction.but he will have to subject hiself to d bibles high moral standard

2 Likes

Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by deprince0(m): 4:05am On Sep 10, 2012
Kokopos: The church that says the our Lord's prayer everyday. How main churches say the our Lord's prayer that Christ thought us in the bible, the Catholic church saya the our Lord's pray. For those who dont know, the Catholic church does not worship our Mother Mary but honour her as the Mother of the Saviour of the word JESUS CHRIST. The Hail Mary the Catholics say is in the bible.Angel Gabriel said it to her so why cannt we say same to her.
Please don't misunderstand me, I writing here with all love and humility. I have not come to criticize but to correct that the name of God will be glorified. I will like you to find out the difference btw worship and honour. When someone kneels before another praying for assistance with all adulation, please what is it called. Now hail mary yes. Gabriel said hail mary but he didn't command that such routine be carried out and if we look into the scripture. There no where that Gabriel asked mary to pray for us sinners from now till the end of our life. That is a prayer of entanglement, a prayer of someone who is not willing to repent, a prayer of someone who wishes to continue in sin till he dies. The bible says we should forsake our wicked ways. God didn't confer a mediator on Mary but on Jesus which means Jehovah our Salvation.This is my beloved son, hear ye him. Jesus now said, Come unto me all ye that labour and are heavy laddened and I will give you rest. Jesus didn't say come unto me thru my mother or some angels even some dead saints. Come let us reason together that's what the bible says. Ask my father anything in my name (JESUS) and he shall do it.john 14:13-14. Then John 16:23-27. We are commanded to pray thru Jesus Christ that was Jesus said I am the way the truth and the life, no one comes to the father but by me. God says his glory will he not share with anyone and creature can not be greater than the creator. Take away sentiments and go thru ur scripture and understand God's perfect way for man. I will also like to ask u to read Exodus 20:4-6. Please read 4 and 5 thoroughly and take time to meditate on them. I pray that the blessings of GOD be enriched in your life in Jesus name! GOD bless.

2 Likes

Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by charles424(m): 4:27am On Sep 10, 2012
Well in my own opinion,all the amen churches are not for dis wicked african abode,where mothers are now behind the childlessness of her daughter,wrechedness of son and a lot of vices..God send the cherubim and seraphim,CAC and the CCC,
All others are all for the white land where their mothers don't av rivals...think about dis....

1 Like

Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by truely: 6:29am On Sep 10, 2012
DAYSTAR WOULD BE PERFECT TRUST ME ON THAT......
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by Moukafoam(f): 7:23am On Sep 10, 2012
italo:

How could you KNOW what I meant? Couldn't I have been talking about any other church?..like Christ Embassy, RCCG, Lord's Chosen, Household of God, House on the Rock, Celestial Church of Christ, Cherubim and Seraphim, Living Faith, Miracle Ministries, Emeka and Sons Church, Synagogue, MYJOE MIND-READERS CHURCH or any of the other tens of thousands of Churches around the world...

Or could there be no one among them that was founded by Christ and maintains his doctrine as is passed down from the apostles?

Why do you associate only the Catholic Church with that description?

Is there something you know that you are not telling?

As long as I sound truthful... Thank you.

u where insultive in ur third post. the way u attacked him was uncalled for jare.
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by gbanga02: 8:51am On Sep 10, 2012
i will ask him to go for Jehovah Witnesses

3 Likes

Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by Joagbaje(m): 9:14am On Sep 10, 2012
If you lead a should to Christ the best place to worship is your church. Simple
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by jamp: 9:18am On Sep 10, 2012
deprince0: Please don't misunderstand me, I writing here with all love and humility. I have not come to criticize but to correct that the name of God will be glorified. I will like you to find out the difference btw worship and honour. When someone kneels before another praying for assistance with all adulation, please what is it called. Now hail mary yes. Gabriel said hail mary but he didn't command that such routine be carried out and if we look into the scripture. There no where that Gabriel asked mary to pray for us sinners from now till the end of our life. That is a prayer of entanglement, a prayer of someone who is not willing to repent, a prayer of someone who wishes to continue in sin till he dies. The bible says we should forsake our wicked ways. God didn't confer a mediator on Mary but on Jesus which means Jehovah our Salvation.This is my beloved son, hear ye him. Jesus now said, Come unto me all ye that labour and are heavy laddened and I will give you rest. Jesus didn't say come unto me thru my mother or some angels even some dead saints. Come let us reason together that's what the bible says. Ask my father anything in my name (JESUS) and he shall do it.john 14:13-14. Then John 16:23-27. We are commanded to pray thru Jesus Christ that was Jesus said I am the way the truth and the life, no one comes to the father but by me. God says his glory will he not share with anyone and creature can not be greater than the creator. Take away sentiments and go thru ur scripture and understand God's perfect way for man. I will also like to ask u to read Exodus 20:4-6. Please read 4 and 5 thoroughly and take time to meditate on them. I pray that the blessings of GOD be enriched in your life in Jesus name! GOD bless.

you are right. What role did mary play at the wedding in cana. was it not her request that made Jesus perform his first miracle? what is wrong by asking someone to pray for u. dont u ask ur friends to pray for u? Kneeling Before somebody means worship baa?that means we all are guilty cos we bow to judges and call them my lord. yorubas lie flat on the floor to greet and so on. i am a catholic BUT I DONT WORSHIP MARY AND WILL NOT.

i hate arguments cos it will lead us no where. u will not believe me and i will not believe u if u are a protestant continue with ur faith as long as it will lead u to heaven.
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by joj123(f): 9:19am On Sep 10, 2012
International Church of Christ (ICOC). That is the only church he/she can live a true discipleship/christian life.
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by viruz007(m): 10:24am On Sep 10, 2012
I recommend the Church of Christ for you OP. You'll get the truht undiluted and in its purest form. Watz ur location so dat d closest 1 to u can b recommended to ya?
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by mko2005: 10:53am On Sep 10, 2012
[quote author=italo]

How could you KNOW what I meant? Couldn't I have been talking about any other church?..like Christ Embassy, RCCG, Lord's Chosen, Household of God, House on the Rock, Celestial Church of Christ, Cherubim and Seraphim, Living Faith, Miracle Ministries, Emeka and Sons Church, Synagogue, MYJOE MIND-READERS CHURCH or any of the other tens of thousands of Churches around the world...

Or could there be no one among them that was founded by Christ and maintains his doctrine as is passed down from the apostles?

Why do you associate only the Catholic Church with that description?

Is there something you know that you are not telling?

Guy relax ur mind.
Peter never prayed with the Rosary,he never prayed to dead or living saints,never bowed down to image of 'mary' or any other graven image.He never instructed us to ask mary to forgive us our sins or to help us tell Jesus to in turn tell God to forgive us our sins!He never baptized any infant.He never sprinkled water on any one and called it baptism -i.e baptizo meaning putting something inside water .He never burnt candle and incense during worship and instructed the church to do so.Was any of the churches then called a Roman Catholic church ?He never advised us to follow the traditions of men but of God. Where did you guys get all these that made you consider Peter to be the foundation of ur ROMAN catholic church ?People dnt convert to Roman Catholicism except wen dey are forced to do so wen they are getting married to a catholic partner or dey are born into such families.No hating words please.One they God will show us all the way to go.
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by mko2005: 11:35am On Sep 10, 2012
jamp:

you are right. What role did mary play at the wedding in cana. was it not her request that made Jesus perform his first miracle? what is wrong by asking someone to pray for u. dont u ask ur friends to pray for u? Kneeling Before somebody means worship baa?that means we all are guilty cos we bow to judges and call them my lord. yorubas lie flat on the floor to greet and so on. i am a catholic BUT I DONT WORSHIP MARY AND WILL NOT.

i hate arguments cos it will lead us no where. u will not believe me and i will not believe u if u are a protestant continue with ur faith as long as it will lead u to heaven.

Mary played the mother to son role.Which even an un believing mother would have done and the son would have listened becos mother is mother! If Jesus said come unto me all ye that labor and heavy laden i wil give you rest,so why go to other means always wen i have a short cut -Jesus.Nothing wrong in asking some one pray with me or for me but not always unless i see myself as not having any relationship at all with my lord.Do i bow to Judges in worship or spiritually ?If i bow to judges spiritually,then i worship him.But bowing to an image u call mary durring worship is actually worshiping mary.I know for sure the Mary mother of Jesus is not happy becos you guys worship her either knowingly or unknowingly.When you call the Judges lord does not mean they are ur spiritual lord and over the lord JeSUS.After all Sara callas Abraham lord but not spiritual lord ! The yoruba's prostrate to elders and so on but not in worship but greetings and that's all.So my friend,i am not saying any denomination is the best but let's not go contrary to d word of God knowingly or knowingly. Surprisingly most ROMAN catholics do this things unknowingly but those at the top know too well.We pray for his grace and some day God will bring you out from that entrapment as HE has done for many.Let's set the foundation straight first and start a solid building.You dnt build on a faulty foundation.No hatings but just to bring to ur knowledge that which is right !
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Sep 10, 2012
EPOMA:
Roman catholic is not the holy catholic church mentioned in the bible and that is why the Romans had to differentiate it by adding the the roman
Mind you, I never mentioned Roman Catholic. You guys should continue bringing out your ignorance. You are just assuming that I meant the catholic church. Assumption in itself is a grievious sin. Finally, you know the truth. And the truth shall set you free.
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by deprince0(m): 12:33pm On Sep 10, 2012
jamp:

My dear, i don't indulge in arguement too. i am not a protestant, i simply practice christianity according to bible standard. if we check the book of ezekiel, it says if a guard hears a sound of war or danger and refuses to warn the people, that the blood of the people will be required from the guard's hand. ezekiel 33:4. you can read more if you wish. roms 2 says oh man u r without excuse. I am bringing a word of condemnation but of edification that the church will presented to Jesus will neither have spots nor wrinkle. let me address the case of cana in galilee. Remember what did mary tell the disciples. Mary bluntly told the disciples to do whatever Jesus asked them to do. Jesus now commanded to fill the jar with with water and the disciples obeyed. take note "obeyed". This same Jesus has asked us come to him directly that he is final high priest and our mediator. God frowns at any other mediator if not Jesus who happens to be God himself Rev 1:7-8 and 11. At the upper room, Mary the mother of Jesus was also there praying to God in the name of the Jesus. Mary obeyed Jesus, why won't we obey him knowing that Jesus Christ is LORD GOD ALMIGHTY.All I will ask you to do is pray ernestly that God should teach u more. Then Study the scripture and believe the scripture. Call a spade a spade while reading. GOD bless.
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by Homebaked: 1:43pm On Sep 10, 2012
jamp:

Jesus is the Word made flesh. He is God the Son. If this is true then Mary is the mother of God. The womb that carried God cannot be stained, therefore Mary is special. She must have been concieved sinless herself. And so the few scriptures that refered to her must be magnified to suit the new office created for her by religious men. The office is that of the queen mother. What better way to curry the kings favour than through his mum. He will never refuse her anything. And so the catholic story goes...

1 Like

Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by Nobleking23: 1:55pm On Sep 10, 2012
I wil advice him to attend chatolic church.
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by mko2005: 2:20pm On Sep 10, 2012
Homebaked:
Jesus is the Word made flesh. He is God the Son. If this is true then Mary is the mother of God. The womb that carried God cannot be stained, therefore Mary is special. She must have been concieved sinless herself. And so the few scriptures that refered to her must be magnified to suit the new office created for her by religious men. The office is that of the queen mother. What better way to curry the kings favour than through his mum. He will never refuse her anything. And so the catholic story goes...

Mary was the mother of Jesus-the Christ of course HE JESUS HAS TO BE BORN BY A WOMAN,just one woman and not two and Mary was the fortunate woman according to the plan.
Our case now is like the one who received an envelop,and is expected to take the letter in the envelop and digest it's content leaving the envelop cos it's just a means of carriage.But the reverse is the case as the ROMAN catholics received an envelop -(Mary),cared less of it's content-(Jesus).See Mathew 12 :46-50.I know for sure The beloved Mary mother of Jesus won't be happy that the praises and worship that could have been given in whole to her son is been shared 50-50 or some times all to her as against the messiah due to ignorance of the world.See the book of luke 17:27-28 how Jesus rebuked the woman who tried to praise human as against the WORD-Jesus. The bible said all have sinned.mary also was a sinner who only found favor in the sight of God.I love Mary but she will never want us to worship her or honour her in that manner.Jesus said,what so ever ye ask in my name....no in the name of HIS mother.May the soul of Mary rest in peace.We love her.
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by Bella3(f): 2:39pm On Sep 10, 2012
A Church in which The Lord Jesus is the head and reason for worship nt saints, nt immaculate mother, nt pastors revs or bishops or popes.
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by gidson12(m): 3:04pm On Sep 10, 2012
Laalamed: Jehovah witnesses, to enjoy true freedom of sons of God.
Are you one
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by tpnatuzzi: 3:10pm On Sep 10, 2012
Sincerely speaking of the best church I can advice person to go to is the church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints..y I said so is because it is in only this church u can have the fulness of gospel of Jesus Christ and is the only the truest church upon the surface of the whole earth...am a member av tasted it and is really nice I will enjoin you all to come around and enjoying wot am enjoying.
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Sep 10, 2012
He should go to an organization that base their teachings on Bible people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Surrogate Mother: What Does The Bible Say? / TB Joshua Prophesied Colorado Cinema Shooting / Love Or Submission....which Should Come First In Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.