Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? (17815 Views)

Which Church Program Would You Want To Attend? (Hilarious Photos) / 136 Christians Convert To Islam In Kwara State / Which Church Do You Attend And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by kelly72: 3:37pm On Sep 10, 2012
Go for any of the old churches. They have not gone far off what the Christ-like life should be and therefore is your best bet for a true Christian teaching. But you are free to choose the pentecostals if you are ready to partake in entertainment in the guise of worship, if you desire to sit and listen to economics, commerce, financial accounting, medicine, rocket science, giving to the pastor, tithe and all sorts mixed together as sermon by a pastor who tries too much to keep the soul of his audience to himself.
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by Anyigala(m): 5:17pm On Sep 10, 2012
Blessings, In the name of Our Lord Jesus Christ for His grace in your life and for the journey you are about to embark on. What you have found is the most precious thing in the world and hold on tight to it.
As a new convert, I will advise you to pray and don’t get tired of praying. Ask God to lead you to the right path but also, use your brain. He that has found you will not lead you to a false Church. When you pray, discern what the Church teaches. If they call themselves Bible believing Church, they must teach/believe the followings, otherwise they are cherry picking what suits them. God Bless you in your search .
1. Does the church have ministers who can forgive sins in the name of Jesus (John 20:21-23)?
2. Does the church have a healing rite for the dying that forgives the sins of the person who is dying (James 5:14-15)?
3. Does the church meet daily for the breaking of the bread ( Matthew 6:11, Acts 2:42-46)?
4. Does the church teach that you must physically eat the flesh of Jesus and drink His blood to have life in you (John 6:53)?
5. Does the church history date back to the time of the Apostles (Acts 1:20-26)?
6. Does the church teach that individuals can suffer for the sake of the church, because Christ’s sufferings were lacking (Colossians 1:24)?
7. Does the church teach that salvation isn't a sure thing (Matthew 10:22, 2 Peter 2:20)?
8. Does the church teach that prayers in heaven go through heavenly intercessors before reaching God (Revelation 5:8, Revelation 8:3)?
9. Does the church teach that saints in heaven are alive and can appear to humans? (Mark 9:4-5, Matthew 27:52-53)
10. Does the church teach that one must physically suffer to keep from losing one’s salvation (1 Corinthians 9:27, 1 Peter 2:19-21)?
11. Does the Church preach Christian unity, or division (1 Corinthians 1:10-13)?
12. Are the church's decisions ratified in heaven as well as on earth (Matthew 18:18)?
13. Is the Mother of Jesus considered to be the most blessed Woman, and do they call her blessed (Luke 1:42-48)?
14. Does the church teach that the church itself (rather than the Bible) is the pillar and bulwark of truth? (1 Timothy 3:15)
15. Does the church teach that the LovePeddler of Babylon is a "great city" where Jesus Christ was crucified? (Revelation 11:8 and Revelation 17:18).
16. Does the Church teach that celibacy is a good thing? (Matthew 9:12, Luke 18:29-30, 1 Corinthians 7: 25-27, 1 Corinthians 7:32-38, Revelation 14:3-5).
17. Does the Church teach that life begins at conception? (Deuteronomy 30:19, Jeremiah 1:5, Psalm 139:13, Luke 1:43-44,Luke 23: 2).
18. Does the Church teach that contraception is intrinsically evil? (Genesis 1:28, Psalm 127:3-5, Genesis 38:8-10).
19. Does the Church teach that divorce and remarriage is adulterous? (Matthew 5:3, Mark 10:11-12, Luke 16:18)
20. Does the Church teach that good works are a very necessary component of our faith? (Matthew 25:31-46, James 2:26, Colossians 1:10, Matthew 7:21, Revelation 20:12-13, Romans 2:6.
21. Does the Church teach that Jesus Christ established his earthly Kingdom on earth before He was crucified? (Matthew 3:2, Matthew 16:19).
22. Does the Church teach sexual sins are transgressions that will keep one from gaining entry into heaven, or do they now say that they are no longer sinful? (Romans 1:24-32, 1 Timothy 1:9-10, Ephesians 5:19-21, Colossians 3:5).
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Sep 10, 2012
m.k.o2005:

Mary was the mother of Jesus-the Christ of course HE JESUS HAS TO BE BORN BY A WOMAN,just one woman and not two and Mary was the fortunate woman according to the plan.
Our case now is like the one who received an envelop,and is expected to take the letter in the envelop and digest it's content leaving the envelop cos it's just a means of carriage.But the reverse is the case as the ROMAN catholics received an envelop -(Mary),cared less of it's content-(Jesus).See Mathew 12 :46-50.I know for sure The beloved Mary mother of Jesus won't be happy that the praises and worship that could have been given in whole to her son is been shared 50-50 or some times all to her as against the messiah due to ignorance of the world.See the book of luke 17:27-28 how Jesus rebuked the woman who tried to praise human as against the WORD-Jesus. The bible said all have sinned.mary also was a sinner who only found favor in the sight of God.I love Mary but she will never want us to worship her or honour her in that manner.Jesus said,what so ever ye ask in my name....no in the name of HIS mother.May the soul of Mary rest in peace.We love her.

Sir beg God for the gift of the Holy Spirit,
The relationship between our Lord and Holy Mary is a strong one, it is so strong that when Our Lord Appeared τ̅☺ The Pastor Founder Of Our Church Pastor Prophet SBJ OSHOFFA Holy Mary was also there..The World exist if you're an African you should understand me.
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by Adematic(m): 7:00pm On Sep 10, 2012
Brand_new: On point and spot on. I would prefer to embark on a self study program.
i would advice d new convert to read d 4buks whr d gospel of christ was written b4 attending a church due to d fact dat he might b too young to identify gud church cos fake church plenty no b small,am luking forward to d first church to b listed on Nigeria stock exchange
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by emmasege: 7:00pm On Sep 10, 2012
A Bible-believing church which seeks to make her members heavenly-focused and earthly-relevant. And these days, i believe the testimony of a born again christian who attends any of these churches (Baptist, methodist, anglican, catholic, ECWA) more than any one attending one of these new generation churches where emphasis is on prosperity and success, and where G.Os. are being worshipped.
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Sep 10, 2012
joj123: International Church of Christ (ICOC). That is the only church he/she can live a true discipleship/christian life.
How can you say 'only' ?? We are the body of Christ
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by Agimor(m): 8:50pm On Sep 10, 2012
MyJoe:
Interesting. But what evidence - Biblical and otherwise - is there that Peter was ever the head of the Roman Catholic Church?
I commend you because you
remember me in everything and
maintain the traditions even as I
have delivered them to you. 1
Corinthians 11:2
Most Protestant Christians
believe that the Bible is the only
source concerning faith.
According to them, there is no
need for Apostolic Tradition or
an authoritative, teaching
Church. All that they need is the
Bible in order to learn about the
faith and to live a Christian life.
The "Bible Alone" teaching can be
appealing in its simplicity, but it
suffers from fundamental
problems. A few are considered
here.
First the Bible itself states that
not everything important to the
Christian faith is recorded in it.
For example, not everything that
Christ did is recorded in the
inspired Books:
But there are also many other
things which Jesus did; were
every one of them to be written,
I suppose that the world itself
could not contain the books that
would be written. [John 21:25;
the catholic church is the one apostolic church.
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by owascoke: 9:05pm On Sep 10, 2012
I WILL ADVICE THE PERSON TO GO TO ANY LIVING BIBLE CHURCH WHERE HE CAN HEAR THE TRUE SERMON ABOUT HOW TO MAKE HEAVEN NOT ONLY ON HOW TO MAKE MONEY. SO WATCH BEFORE U LEAP DONT JUST FOLLOW THE MULTITUDE. KNOW WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR AND GO TO THE CHURCH THAT SUPPORT YOUR THE SALVATION OF YOUR UNDYING SOUL
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by chikaor(f): 10:57pm On Sep 10, 2012
Christ Embasy ofcourse cos dats were d word of God is broken dawn,he wil get 2 no nd learn 2 meditate on d word
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by Olanifesi: 7:04am On Sep 11, 2012
Innalillahi wa innalilehi rajhul!
We are from almighty Allah, and to him is our return!

Subuhannalah!
Why must the sister convert to a khafr (disbeliver in Allah, the creator and his prophet Muhammad, including Al-Qur'an). When ALLAH (swt) says in the Qur'an that any mankind nd jinn must not die except in the state of Al-Islam! ie u must not die except as a "muslim" and any religion will never be accepted before Allah except "Al-Islam".
Can u imagine, which church will she attend? She is the one that put herself into trouble. Is there any thing like that in "ISLAM" that which musque will someone be attended? She now disblieve in Allah because of "worldly benefit", have you ever forgot that this life is "EPHEMERAL". Or have you ever forget that Allah is Al-RASHIK, "the provider". Any way, my sincere advice to you is that, you better go back to Islam, so that you will not be among those that will lost in this "duniyah" life and in the Hereafter "al- ahkirah". MAY ALLAH GUILD US FROM THE DIFFICULTY THAT WILL SPOIL OUR IMAN (FAITH).
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by muffins99(f): 8:08am On Sep 11, 2012
Olanifesi: ....Why must the sister convert to a khafr ...

I don't mean any disrespect to your faith and belief, but your comment has no relevance here. Nowhere was it stated that the convert was previously muslim and also, no where did the poster ask for your opinion on islam. Maybe you should start your own thread where you can advice people not to convert from islam - this is not the place to do so.
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by thorpido(m): 9:14am On Sep 11, 2012
Olanifesi: Innalillahi wa innalilehi rajhul!

Subuhannalah!
Why must the sister convert to a khafr (disbeliver in Allah, the creator and his prophet Muhammad, including Al-Qur'an). When ALLAH (swt) says in the Qur'an that any mankind nd jinn must not die except in the state of Al-Islam! ie u must not die except as a "muslim" and any religion will never be accepted before Allah except "Al-Islam".
Can u imagine, which church will she attend? She is the one that put herself into trouble. Is there any thing like that in "ISLAM" that which musque will someone be attended? She now disblieve in Allah because of "worldly benefit", have you ever forgot that this life is "EPHEMERAL". Or have you ever forget that Allah is Al-RASHIK, "the provider". Any way, my sincere advice to you is that, you better go back to Islam, so that you will not be among those that will lost in this "duniyah" life and in the Hereafter "al- ahkirah". MAY ALLAH GUILD US FROM THE DIFFICULTY THAT WILL SPOIL OUR IMAN (FAITH).
If Jesus was sent by this allah,then why be against those who follow Him?I know why;it's because this allah didn't send Jesus.
And this is life eternal,that they may know You the ONLY TRUE God AND Jesus Christ Whom Thou has sent(John17:3
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by Olanifesi: 10:16am On Sep 11, 2012
MrBible: Jesus never recommended a church for his followers to attend. The churches today are man made, the church of Jesus is a spiritual church that duels in the hearts and minds of those that accepts Jesus Christ as their Lord and savoir.

hello, pls which did Jesus established during His life time?
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by plappville(f): 11:34am On Sep 11, 2012
ujchief:
the poster said 'A NEW CONVERT'. A new convert needs to be thaught about the holy spirit and how He functions b4 he wil be able to comunicate wit the holy spirit efectively. Paul said 'as new born babes (new convert) desire the sincere milk (un-diluted word of God)'. U need the sincere word of God for u to learn the workin of the holy spirit. B4 then, u need a church that wil tend to u and help u grow to spiritual maturity.

You are right, but that church who thier prayers are said through a Woman to intercide for them. That one that keeps decieving the whole world in pretence to be the true church. That church that have break God commands, they made images of Mary, Peter etc they disobey God in many ways.....leviticles 26:1
You shall not make for yourselves idols, nor shall you set up for yourselves an image or a sacred pillar, nor shall you place a figured stone in your land to bow down to it; for I am the LORD your God. @OP, now that you are converted, it is not by ur power, we get converted with the help of the Holy spirit. Not everyone who hear the word of God embrass it. So try and study ur bible. In addition to the very first comment. Becareful do not let men decieve you with forgery words claiming they are the true Church. The symbol of the true Church is the one that Put in practice of the true doctrine of Christ. Ur bible has the answer.
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by 2tangle123(m): 11:58am On Sep 11, 2012
2864: Which Church will you advice a new convert to attend ? Celestial Church, Cherubim and Seraphim ? Christ Embassy ?...The Redeemed , Mountain Of Fire ? ..... AND WHY ?
For a new convert, I think Deeper life or Assemblies of God Church will..The convert can get solid foundational teaching from this Churches, that can make them identify false teachers in the future.
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Sep 11, 2012
A biblical and heaven loving church. not the worldly type.
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by Olanifesi: 11:45am On Sep 12, 2012
thorpido: If Jesus was sent by this allah,then why be against those who follow Him?I know why;it's because this allah didn't send Jesus.
And this is life eternal,that they may know You the ONLY TRUE God AND Jesus Christ Whom Thou has sent(John17:3
Prophet Isa "Jesus" is the messanger of Allah. But do you aware That Allah sent Jesus to his people"ISREALITE" and not the NATION. When 1 prophet goes, another 1 come and the last messanger sent by Allah was Muhammad. Allah sent Him to the "NATION", ie the GLOBE. Those that followed Jesus during His life time will have their full reward by Allah. And when another prophet came, they still believe in Him as the messanger of their Lord (ALLAH) Will have double reward. But those among "Isrealite" who believe in Jesus during His life time as the prophet but not God, and they do not believe in Muhammad that was sent after Jesus, their reward will be rendered VOID BY THEIR lord "ALLAH". Now bros, my question is that, ARE YOU AN ISREALITE?
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by plappville(f): 9:34pm On Sep 12, 2012
Olanifesi:
Prophet Isa "Jesus" is the messanger of Allah. But do you aware That Allah sent Jesus to his people"ISREALITE" and not the NATION. When 1 prophet goes, another 1 come and the last messanger sent by Allah was Muhammad. Allah sent Him to the "NATION", ie the GLOBE. Those that followed Jesus during His life time will have their full reward by Allah. And when another prophet came, they still believe in Him as the messanger of their Lord (ALLAH) Will have double reward. But those among "Isrealite" who believe in Jesus during His life time as the prophet but not God,
and they do not believe in Muhammad that was sent after Jesus, their reward will be rendered VOID BY
THEIR lord "ALLAH". Now bros, my question is that, ARE YOU AN ISREALITE?

Stop blablaring my dear...u do not know deeper things about the religion u belong to. Dont allow me to expose things. Just this verse is good for you. Did mohammed contradict this verse or not?

galations 1: 8-9) 8But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be accursed! 9As we have said before, so I say again now, if any man is preaching to you a gospel contrary to what you received, he is to be accursed!
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by 2864: 3:35am On Oct 28, 2012
Olanifesi: Innalillahi wa innalilehi rajhul!

Subuhannalah!

My friend, your problem starts from when you have to use some foreign language to explain your points. Its only useful to the Arabs.
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by Nobody: 12:17am On Mar 02, 2015
A bible believing church where the gospel of Jesus Christ is taught and practiced.
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by Nobody: 8:07am On Mar 02, 2015
italo:

If you look at my post again, you'll see that I didn't mention the Catholic Church, its you who thinks that my description of the Church founded by Christ fits the Catholic Church. So I shouldn't be the one proving anything to you, it should be the other way round.
keep on deceiving urself
Re: Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Mar 06, 2015
2864:
Which Church will you advice a new convert to attend ? Celestial Church, Cherubim and Seraphim ? Christ Embassy ?...The Redeemed , Mountain Of Fire ? ..... AND WHY ?

Jehovah's Witnesses

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kukah Visits EFCC, Prays For FFK, Obanikoro, Reuben Abati / TB Joshua Prophesied Colorado Cinema Shooting / Happy 68th Birthday To Bishop David Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.