Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,163 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:14 AM

How Much Would You Spend For Your First Wedding/Marriage Anniversary? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Much Would You Spend For Your First Wedding/Marriage Anniversary? (2132 Views)

GIST: Difference Between Wedding & Marriage / Traditional, Church Or Registry: The Right Date For Marriage Anniversary? / How Much Can You Spend For A Wedding In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Would You Spend For Your First Wedding/Marriage Anniversary? by Cuddlemii: 4:46pm On Sep 03, 2012
During an office training, a male colleague asked everybody this question, "how much would you spend for your first wedding/marriage anniversary?"

He said his anniversary was coming up next week and he would be spending $1000 for the hotel expenses for 2 nights. When I asked his reasons for spending $1000, he answered that, "he likes the expression on his wife's face when he surprises her".

Nairaland men, how much would you spend for your first year wedding/marriage anniversary?
Re: How Much Would You Spend For Your First Wedding/Marriage Anniversary? by Cuddlemii: 5:07pm On Sep 03, 2012
Some of the other replies he got were-

Thor: I would spend $25 because my wife would never open her legs for me again if I spend beyond $25. I am yet to buy a house at 30 and that is our priority right now.

Everyone: Thor, you would never get laid again if you spend $25 for your wedding anniversary.$25 dollars is even too small to go drinking alchohol with the boys talkless of a treat for your wife.

Thor: I am very adamant with my answer and no one can convince me otherwise because I know my wife, we are alike.

Ben: Its the thought that counts and not how much I spend. I am 22 by the way and I am scared of getting married.

Everyone: We agree with ben on this but ben you don't look 22, show us your driver's license.

Cuddlemii: I had no response to the question because I was reliably informed at the training that its the men that plan the anniversary and not the women. I was busy taking notes with the intention of creating a thread about it on Nairaland.
Re: How Much Would You Spend For Your First Wedding/Marriage Anniversary? by Johndoe100(m): 9:27pm On Sep 03, 2012
@OP
Why would you believe that most or even a large number of posters on a family board are either unmarried or newly weds?
Re: How Much Would You Spend For Your First Wedding/Marriage Anniversary? by Cuddlemii: 7:24pm On Sep 04, 2012
Johndoe100: @OP
Why would you believe that most or even a large number of posters on a family board are either unmarried or newly weds?

Oh sorry! My bad!

I didn't put the population of unmarried or newly weds into consideration, it was just a general question I decided to share
Re: How Much Would You Spend For Your First Wedding/Marriage Anniversary? by CrazyMan(m): 8:08pm On Sep 04, 2012
I can't really say for now...but don't you think $1000 is a lot of money to spend on an anniversary?

I mean you (the guy) spent a higher figure a year ago marrying her...now your spending a similar figure a year later for anniversary...don't you think its too much on the man. undecided

1 Like

Re: How Much Would You Spend For Your First Wedding/Marriage Anniversary? by Mynd44: 8:13pm On Sep 04, 2012
Why are you peep talking in dollars? This is nairaland nah

1 Like

Re: How Much Would You Spend For Your First Wedding/Marriage Anniversary? by somebodybobo: 8:21pm On Sep 04, 2012
Eba wey i buy, no bellefull me, goin back there to buy more..the woman said, garri don cost
Re: How Much Would You Spend For Your First Wedding/Marriage Anniversary? by SimplySEA(m): 9:58pm On Sep 04, 2012
For me, i'd spend as much as d marriage is worth...! Mind u, i didn't say weddin! Sincerely i believ if u married d right her, u'd do anythin not jus to make her happy, but also to create memories and more bedroom heart to heart gist..... Loue's too sweet, esp in marriage...!
Re: How Much Would You Spend For Your First Wedding/Marriage Anniversary? by pearlhapi(f): 7:29am On Sep 05, 2012
SimplySEA: For me, i'd spend as much as d marriage is worth...! Mind u, i didn't say weddin! Sincerely i believ if u married d right her, u'd do anythin not jus to make her happy, but also to create memories and more bedroom heart to heart gist..... Loue's too sweet, esp in marriage...!
liked{1000times}
Re: How Much Would You Spend For Your First Wedding/Marriage Anniversary? by pearlhapi(f): 7:30am On Sep 05, 2012
Mynd_44: Why are you peep talking in dollars? This is nairaland nah
for the first time since I know you,you just talked offpoint
Re: How Much Would You Spend For Your First Wedding/Marriage Anniversary? by Mynd44: 8:21am On Sep 05, 2012
pearl~hapi:
for the first time since I know you,you just talked offpoint
Might be in your best interest to keep your nose to yourself
Re: How Much Would You Spend For Your First Wedding/Marriage Anniversary? by pearlhapi(f): 8:28am On Sep 05, 2012
Mynd_44:
Might be in your best interest to keep your nose to yourself
another offpoint
Re: How Much Would You Spend For Your First Wedding/Marriage Anniversary? by SimplySEA(m): 11:52am On Sep 05, 2012
pearl~hapi:
liked{1000times}
tanks lady.....!
Re: How Much Would You Spend For Your First Wedding/Marriage Anniversary? by Mynd44: 12:11pm On Sep 05, 2012
pearl~hapi:
another offpoint
Keep counting

(1) (Reply)

How Much Can Mother's Love For Her Child Be Compared? (pic) / What Should I Do? / Can You Kiss Your Daughter Like This (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.