Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,329 members, 7,822,582 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

How Can I Browse With The 3GB That Comes With My Glo Comonth BIS Plan - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Can I Browse With The 3GB That Comes With My Glo Comonth BIS Plan (47305 Views)

How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet / How Do I Browse On My Laptop With My GLO BIS Plan..pls / Now That MTN BIS No Longer Works On PC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Browse With The 3GB That Comes With My Glo Comonth BIS Plan by gafmod: 1:52pm On Feb 12, 2013
[quote author=Chikebrain]

The Glo BIS tweak still works. I'm currently using it. Airtel don't need much config.
APN: internet.ng.airtel.com
Username: internet
Password: internet
That's all you need[/quote

Help o!!! After using the tweak for Glo BIS on my universal modem I still cannot connect. Is there anything am doing wrong?
Re: How Can I Browse With The 3GB That Comes With My Glo Comonth BIS Plan by Chikebrain: 3:29pm On Feb 12, 2013
GLO BIS CONFIG IS
APN: BLACKBERRY.NET
USERNAME: FLAT
PASSWORD: FLAT

THANKS
Re: How Can I Browse With The 3GB That Comes With My Glo Comonth BIS Plan by michaelbiz: 12:52pm On Feb 18, 2013
I just received credible info this morning.
Glo 3GB BIS subscription stopped working yesterday. Please ask around, I want to know if you have the same confirmation.

It seems APN: blackerry.net has been altered from Glo somehow. At least, that is what the IT expert told me and he said it just happened yesterday, so please everyone confirm and post here.
Cheers.
Re: How Can I Browse With The 3GB That Comes With My Glo Comonth BIS Plan by tunamania(m): 3:14pm On Feb 18, 2013
i think youre correct mine is no longer working,but i wanted to confirm first because i thought it was the rain that fell yesterday that caused the network failure,now i know better.thanks,any way out?
Re: How Can I Browse With The 3GB That Comes With My Glo Comonth BIS Plan by mrcrome: 8:41pm On Feb 18, 2013
Yeah.. Same thing 2.. Not working on my Tablet anymore.. so sad..

Do u guyz have an alternative to this
Re: How Can I Browse With The 3GB That Comes With My Glo Comonth BIS Plan by mavtrevor(m): 11:03pm On Feb 18, 2013
Tablet users should consider DroidVPN
Re: How Can I Browse With The 3GB That Comes With My Glo Comonth BIS Plan by mrcrome: 12:18am On Feb 19, 2013
mavtrevor: Tablet users should consider DroidVPN

And how does it work
Re: How Can I Browse With The 3GB That Comes With My Glo Comonth BIS Plan by MrSinister(m): 6:43am On Feb 19, 2013
mavtrevor: Tablet users should consider DroidVPN

What about PC users?
Re: How Can I Browse With The 3GB That Comes With My Glo Comonth BIS Plan by Anayordike(m): 5:01pm On Feb 19, 2013
Guys! I don't think the glo BIS is still working on Laptop/Pc. I've been trying to connect it since Yesterday to no avail. It would just respond "the Remote computer is not responding so it has to stop the connection" or something like that sha. Anyone with idea what's happening?
Thanks
Re: How Can I Browse With The 3GB That Comes With My Glo Comonth BIS Plan by Nobody: 1:22am On Feb 28, 2013
I posted this as a new post but I guess it will be on the last page of this computer topic so, I am doing this for the sake of us all....I am so happy I discovered this trick on time. Few days back the Glo BIS which everybody was enjoying was blocked and it stopped browsing , now am about to show you a little tweak and configure that you can use to continue browsing with your Glo BIS on your different computers.

HOW TO BROWSE WITH YOUR GLO BIS BOTH ON PC AND PHONE

Step1; Load #400 naira on your glo sim card, send COWEEK TO 777 or Load #1400 naira and send COMONTH TO 777

Step2; Go to your modem and configure it using the settings below:

PROFILE NAME: GLO BIS || DIAL NUMBER: *99# || APN(Access point Name): Rim.blackberry. net || USERNAME: Web || PASSWORD: Web

Set Others to Automatic, Save Your Setting and Connect. Enjoy Your Fast Browsing!!!

NOTE: some people do subcribe with the #1200 naira method and it was working for them. You can do so too by sending SOMONTH to 777
some people do subscribe with the BIS Month or BIS Week and it will also work for you too..
That is what I am using now!! cheesy
Hope I help..... You can get me on FB... Sylvanustosyn@yahoo.com

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Browse With The 3GB That Comes With My Glo Comonth BIS Plan by MrSinister(m): 11:50am On Feb 28, 2013
welch: I posted this as a new post but I guess it will be on the last page of this computer topic so, I am doing this for the sake of us all....I am so happy I discovered this trick on time. Few days back the Glo BIS which everybody was enjoying was blocked and it stopped browsing , now am about to show you a little tweak and configure that you can use to continue browsing with your Glo BIS on your different computers.

HOW TO BROWSE WITH YOUR GLO BIS BOTH ON PC AND PHONE

Step1; Load #400 naira on your glo sim card, send COWEEK TO 777 or Load #1400 naira and send COMONTH TO 777

Step2; Go to your modem and configure it using the settings below:

PROFILE NAME: GLO BIS || DIAL NUMBER: *99# || APN(Access point Name): Rim.blackberry. net || USERNAME: Web || PASSWORD: Web

Set Others to Automatic, Save Your Setting and Connect. Enjoy Your Fast Browsing!!!

NOTE: some people do subcribe with the #1200 naira method and it was working for them. You can do so too by sending SOMONTH to 777
some people do subscribe with the BIS Month or BIS Week and it will also work for you too..
That is what I am using now!! cheesy
Hope I help..... You can get me on FB... Sylvanustosyn@yahoo.com

I'll try this later in the evening. Hope it works!
Re: How Can I Browse With The 3GB That Comes With My Glo Comonth BIS Plan by mrcrome: 12:41am On Mar 01, 2013
Someone should abeg paste the working settings nah.

Tried the one above it does not work.
Re: How Can I Browse With The 3GB That Comes With My Glo Comonth BIS Plan by speak2cent(m): 5:23am On Mar 01, 2013
I tried this but is not working now. Can someone pls send the working cheat! Thanks
Re: How Can I Browse With The 3GB That Comes With My Glo Comonth BIS Plan by Nobody: 3:45pm On Mar 04, 2013
I was the one who post the setting.. It was working when I posted it, but I was surprised when they stopped it the following day.. It will connect though, but won't have access to the internet.
Will try to look for a new setting pals.. Calm down..
speak2cent: I tried this but is not working now. Can someone pls send the working cheat! Thanks
Re: How Can I Browse With The 3GB That Comes With My Glo Comonth BIS Plan by dljbd1(m): 8:49am On Mar 06, 2013
lol...now ds is outta ds world
Re: How Can I Browse With The 3GB That Comes With My Glo Comonth BIS Plan by shfizle(m): 10:37am On Mar 06, 2013
dl_jbd: lol...now ds is outta ds world

So how did you get that sir?
Re: How Can I Browse With The 3GB That Comes With My Glo Comonth BIS Plan by jtenna: 5:42pm On May 10, 2013
Abeg make una find new cheat for glo oh! I wan browse with my glo BIS. Abeg oh all the IT witches and wizards.
Re: How Can I Browse With The 3GB That Comes With My Glo Comonth BIS Plan by k2kay(m): 1:42pm On May 13, 2013
j.tenna:
Abeg make una find new cheat for glo oh! I wan browse with my glo BIS. Abeg oh all the IT witches and wizards.
use ur bb as a modem and connect to ur pc via bb desktop manager cool
Re: How Can I Browse With The 3GB That Comes With My Glo Comonth BIS Plan by jtenna: 10:37am On May 14, 2013
k2kay:
use ur bb as a modem and connect to ur pc via bb desktop manager cool
Thanks oh my dear, but you fit break am down for me? Show me d steps abeg
Re: How Can I Browse With The 3GB That Comes With My Glo Comonth BIS Plan by AmenJoan(f): 12:27pm On May 14, 2013
1. Go to tools on your blackberry desktop software. then click on mobile internet settings.
2. Enter these settings in a new profile. you can pick any name- Username- Glo bis. pasword- Flat. Apn- blackberry.net
if you leave the password blank it should still work.
thats what av bn using

**note of warning tho, if u exhaust your 3gb on 2 occassions you cant subscribe for the 3rd time, u;ll have to wait till your subscription expires.

happened to me cos am a heavy data user, now am thinking of how to port to mtn or sth
Re: How Can I Browse With The 3GB That Comes With My Glo Comonth BIS Plan by jtenna: 3:45am On May 15, 2013
Thanks so much Amen, you are a darling.I will try it as soon as possible.
Re: How Can I Browse With The 3GB That Comes With My Glo Comonth BIS Plan by jtenna: 12:21am On Jul 17, 2013
Amen Joan: 1. Go to tools on your blackberry desktop software. then click on mobile internet settings.
2. Enter these settings in a new profile. you can pick any name- Username- Glo bis. pasword- Flat. Apn- blackberry.net
if you leave the password blank it should still work.
thats what av bn using

**note of warning tho, if u exhaust your 3gb on 2 occassions you cant subscribe for the 3rd time, u;ll have to wait till your subscription expires.

happened to me cos am a heavy data user, now am thinking of how to port to mtn or sth
Abeg I try am, e nor dey work. I tried using it as a modem by clicking on the 'mobile connection' in d tOols on my desktop manager after setting it. Any other way? Plss ooo
Re: How Can I Browse With The 3GB That Comes With My Glo Comonth BIS Plan by papaking1(m): 1:41pm On Sep 23, 2013
folafola: It is now possible to use your computer and other browsing gadjets like Android, Ipad, Iphone and others just follow this simple steps and you are done. Now you can enjoy your Glo BB data plan on your system and other devices see my speed snapshot below

CODEs FOR GLO BIS SUBSCRIPTION PLAN

To get Glo BISWEEK load 400 airtime on your Glo Simcard and send send COWEEK as sms to 777 is 700 MB worth of data
To get Glo BISMONTH load 1500 airtime on your simcard andsend COMONTH as sms to 777 you get 3GIG worth of data.
SETTING ON MODEM AND PHONES
On your modem Insert your Glo Simcard and create new profile with this settings

APN: blackberry.net
IP: Leave Empty
DIAL NO: *99#
PORT: Leave Empty
USERNAME: Leave Empty
PASSWORD: Leave Empty
Create this profile on your mobile and tablets to enjoy this internet plan. Kindly share this post and comment in case you have a problem with this guide
Now you can browse on your system and other internet enabled devices using Glo BB data plan. Though I have not confirm if this is unlimited but I know it work on your system and some data are attached, I will try and tell you if this is unlimited if mine break the boundary.

Please is this settings still working as at 23/9/2013?
Re: How Can I Browse With The 3GB That Comes With My Glo Comonth BIS Plan by Kangol99(m): 12:38am On Sep 30, 2014
The same thing is happening to me rit now. I subcribe for the GLO 3GIG BB PLAN by sending Comonth to 777. I inserted it into my modem but it's not working. Abeg help me out ooooo
Re: How Can I Browse With The 3GB That Comes With My Glo Comonth BIS Plan by Kangol99(m): 6:51pm On Sep 30, 2014
This is shit!! I subscribed to glo 3GB bb plan but its not working on my modem. Av been trying connecting it since yesterday to no avail...... Please help me.
Re: How Can I Browse With The 3GB That Comes With My Glo Comonth BIS Plan by oyince(m): 5:06pm On Nov 14, 2014
How can I use my Bb Glo BIS to serve as modem for my laptop
Re: How Can I Browse With The 3GB That Comes With My Glo Comonth BIS Plan by maxibrainz: 8:02pm On Nov 14, 2014
glo bis doesn't work on modem or any device apart from bb again without tweaking, glo bis works fine now on android but you must tweak your imei for it to work, then you can tether the connection from your android phone to pc, that is what am using

1 Like

Re: How Can I Browse With The 3GB That Comes With My Glo Comonth BIS Plan by speak2cent(m): 6:13am On Nov 27, 2015
For ur glo bis configuration on Android phone kindly call or whatsapp me on 08077880800
Re: How Can I Browse With The 3GB That Comes With My Glo Comonth BIS Plan by haychPee(m): 8:11am On Dec 06, 2015
You contact me through my signature too...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

√√ Huawei Old/New Modem Unlocking Codes Request [ ONLY HERE ] / Post Your Laptop Problem Here / Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.