Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,102 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

How Can I Browse With The 3GB That Comes With My Glo Comonth BIS Plan - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Can I Browse With The 3GB That Comes With My Glo Comonth BIS Plan (47306 Views)

How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet / How Do I Browse On My Laptop With My GLO BIS Plan..pls / Now That MTN BIS No Longer Works On PC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Browse With The 3GB That Comes With My Glo Comonth BIS Plan by split007: 3:53am On Sep 04, 2012
I have once used the 1GB data limit that comes with Airtel's BIS to browse successfully on with my Glo modem. I assumed it would be the same with the 3GB that usually comes with the Glo BIS CoMonth plan which I subscribed to only to discover that it isn't working out as I thought. I have tried different Glo APNs such as glosecure, glowap, Glo3gvideo with their respective username and password but no avail. Guys what am I doing wrong? I know there are peeps out there using their BlackBerry Glo data plan for browsing as I did with Airtel and MTN. Am I suppose to type blackberry.net somewhere? Anyone who has knowledge on now to solve this should please assist.
Re: How Can I Browse With The 3GB That Comes With My Glo Comonth BIS Plan by folafola(m): 6:45am On Sep 04, 2012
create a profile on your modem with this APN blackberry.net if this did not work out then will need to install desktop manager that will make a communication between your BB and system feasible. In the alternative, use MTN BB plan to surf unlimited using any of those VPN or better still Multilinks modem with wi-free proxy it is damn fast like jet and it is unlimited but not FREE. you will upgrade with a token and then you. surf throughout the month UNLIMITED without any obstruction. Try me

1 Like

Re: How Can I Browse With The 3GB That Comes With My Glo Comonth BIS Plan by split007: 12:53pm On Sep 04, 2012
I have already tried that APN - 'blackberry.net' using 'web' for the username and password which connect and seem to browse except that it won't browse. I think there's something I'm doing wrong. I have also been told about the MTN and MultiLinks stuff you are talking about but I just want to make use of this 3GB before jumping to any of those because I don't want my N1,400 to waste.
Re: How Can I Browse With The 3GB That Comes With My Glo Comonth BIS Plan by folafola(m): 7:23pm On Sep 04, 2012
Just use desktop manager I have explained this on my blog just now
Re: How Can I Browse With The 3GB That Comes With My Glo Comonth BIS Plan by split007: 1:37am On Sep 07, 2012
folafola: Just use desktop manager I have explained this on my blog just now

Desktop manager isn't working either except you know something I am suppose to do to make it work, like the right configuration.
Re: How Can I Browse With The 3GB That Comes With My Glo Comonth BIS Plan by benzion72(m): 10:53am On Sep 07, 2012
Glo APN is on there server. I doubt if guys have cracked Glo BIS subscription I may be wrong
Re: How Can I Browse With The 3GB That Comes With My Glo Comonth BIS Plan by horladmejy(m): 11:33am On Sep 07, 2012
Wat of etisalat bis....it neva browse for ma laptop bfore sef....ℓ̊ need A̶̲̥̅♏ die...mak una help nah
Re: How Can I Browse With The 3GB That Comes With My Glo Comonth BIS Plan by benzion72(m): 5:27pm On Sep 07, 2012
Etisalat will be drawing from your credit except you buy Internet bundle
Re: How Can I Browse With The 3GB That Comes With My Glo Comonth BIS Plan by split007: 11:33pm On Sep 07, 2012
benzion72: Glo APN is on there server. I doubt if guys have cracked Glo BIS subscription I may be wrong

If Glo's APN is on RIM's BlackBerry server is what I think you meant, then how's that obstructing one from browsing using the 3GB data allocation that comes with the Glo BIS package? Because if I can successfully browse with the 300mb MTN BIS and 1GB Airtel's BIS data allocation, why not Glo's 3GB data allocation on their CoMonth or SoMonth?
Re: How Can I Browse With The 3GB That Comes With My Glo Comonth BIS Plan by seir405: 6:34am On Sep 08, 2012

1 Like

Re: How Can I Browse With The 3GB That Comes With My Glo Comonth BIS Plan by split007: 5:07am On Sep 09, 2012
seir405: Guy or gurl no disturb urself bis no dey work with 3g modem i don try am dieeeeee

I don give up teey!
Re: How Can I Browse With The 3GB That Comes With My Glo Comonth BIS Plan by benzion72(m): 6:27pm On Sep 09, 2012
@seir you missed it, Airtel does work. infact I am using Airtel 1gig bis the one for 1400 with WIFI on my tablet posting this. I believe global can also work with necessary intelligence in IT
Re: How Can I Browse With The 3GB That Comes With My Glo Comonth BIS Plan by split007: 12:25am On Sep 10, 2012
benzion72: @seir you missed it, Airtel does work. infact I am using Airtel 1gig bis the one for 1400 with WIFI on my tablet posting this. I believe global can also work with necessary intelligence in IT

Ofcourse Airtel BIS do connect by default provided the APN is correct. I agree with you concerning the possiblity of making the Glo connect but trying every Glo APN and still isn't working is due to what?

Why not let's rub mind together on how to figure a way out to make the Glo BIS connect to a PC using a modem.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Browse With The 3GB That Comes With My Glo Comonth BIS Plan by folafola(m): 10:36pm On Jan 01, 2013
It is now possible to use your computer and other browsing gadjets like Android, Ipad, Iphone and others just follow this simple steps and you are done. Now you can enjoy your Glo BB data plan on your system and other devices see my speed snapshot below

CODEs FOR GLO BIS SUBSCRIPTION PLAN

To get Glo BISWEEK load 400 airtime on your Glo Simcard and send send COWEEK as sms to 777 is 700 MB worth of data
To get Glo BISMONTH load 1500 airtime on your simcard andsend COMONTH as sms to 777 you get 3GIG worth of data.
SETTING ON MODEM AND PHONES
On your modem Insert your Glo Simcard and create new profile with this settings

APN: blackberry.net
IP: Leave Empty
DIAL NO: *99#
PORT: Leave Empty
USERNAME: Leave Empty
PASSWORD: Leave Empty
Create this profile on your mobile and tablets to enjoy this internet plan. Kindly share this post and comment in case you have a problem with this guide
Now you can browse on your system and other internet enabled devices using Glo BB data plan. Though I have not confirm if this is unlimited but I know it work on your system and some data are attached, I will try and tell you if this is unlimited if mine break the boundary.
Re: How Can I Browse With The 3GB That Comes With My Glo Comonth BIS Plan by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jan 03, 2013
How to Browse Using MTN/GLO/ETISALAT/ZAIN BIS on Laptop/Desktop

Hi everyone,

Yes its no more news you can now browse on your laptop or desktop Using BIS Subscription, this is real and I have been using this to browse for some time now.

I have an application that can make this happen for you if you are interested.

Benefits:
1.24 hrs Internet service
2.No down time
3.Unlimited downloads at superb download speed
4.Suitable for both business purpose and Students.
5.Update your antivirus.
6.Browse all sites with no limitations such as Facebook,yahoo mail,Ebay,Paypal etc.
7.Watch videos online, Its Safe secure and Super F@st!

What you need:

1. Your Laptop or Desktop computer

2. MTN/GLO/ETISALAT OR ZAIN registered simcard

3. Your blackberry phone and a usb cable

4. And finally the Application.

I am giving you assurance that this will work for you because it's what the people abroad use when they are on the road. It will take you five minutes to setup and then you are good to go.

If you are interested contact me: ubongino4sure2001@gmail.com and i will send you the instructions and the Application.

You may consider paying just N1000 as you will use this for life.
Re: How Can I Browse With The 3GB That Comes With My Glo Comonth BIS Plan by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jan 03, 2013
How to Browse Using MTN/GLO/ETISALAT/ZAIN BIS on Laptop/Desktop

Hi everyone,

Yes its no more news you can now browse on your laptop or desktop Using BIS Subscription, this is real and I have been using this to browse for some time now.

I have an application that can make this happen for you if you are interested.

Benefits:
1.24 hrs Internet service
2.No down time
3.Unlimited downloads at superb download speed
4.Suitable for both business purpose and Students.
5.Update your antivirus.
6.Browse all sites with no limitations such as Facebook,yahoo mail,Ebay,Paypal etc.
7.Watch videos online, Its Safe secure and Super F@st!

What you need:

1. Your Laptop or Desktop computer

2. MTN/GLO/ETISALAT OR ZAIN registered simcard

3. Your blackberry phone and a usb cable

4. And finally the Application.

I am giving you assurance that this will work for you because it's what the people abroad use when they are on the road. It will take you five minutes to setup and then you are good to go.

If you are interested contact me: ubongino4sure2001@gmail.com and i will send you the instructions and the Application.

You may consider paying just N1000 as you will use this for life.
Re: How Can I Browse With The 3GB That Comes With My Glo Comonth BIS Plan by Rexyl(m): 2:13pm On Jan 04, 2013
folafola: It is now possible to use your computer and other browsing gadjets like Android, Ipad, Iphone and others just follow this simple steps and you are done. Now you can enjoy your Glo BB data plan on your system and other devices see my speed snapshot below

CODEs FOR GLO BIS SUBSCRIPTION PLAN

To get Glo BISWEEK load 400 airtime on your Glo Simcard and send send COWEEK as sms to 777 is 700 MB worth of data
To get Glo BISMONTH load 1500 airtime on your simcard andsend COMONTH as sms to 777 you get 3GIG worth of data.
SETTING ON MODEM AND PHONES
On your modem Insert your Glo Simcard and create new profile with this settings

IP: Leave Empty
DIAL NO: *99#
PORT: Leave Empty
USERNAME: Leave Empty
PASSWORD: Leave Empty
Create this profile on your mobile and tablets to enjoy this internet plan. Kindly share this post and comment in case you have a problem with this guide
Now you can browse on your system and other internet enabled devices using Glo BB data plan. Though I have not confirm if this is unlimited but I know it work on your system and some data are attached, I will try and tell you if this is unlimited if mine break the boundary.

Awaiting comments from people using this setting successfully
Re: How Can I Browse With The 3GB That Comes With My Glo Comonth BIS Plan by Nobody: 7:20am On Jan 06, 2013
ok
Re: How Can I Browse With The 3GB That Comes With My Glo Comonth BIS Plan by Rexyl(m): 1:12pm On Jan 06, 2013
Somebody please explain how to use this with the android phone that only allows default settings, no provision for manual settings to manually set blackberry.net

1 Like

Re: How Can I Browse With The 3GB That Comes With My Glo Comonth BIS Plan by folafola(m): 5:42pm On Jan 06, 2013
check your andriod settings and mobile networks i think you should be able to create your personal profile i use xperia8 and it is an android phone but sony ericsson i can create profile on it so i think you should be able to do same, anyway just tell us your phone model and make maybe an help could come your way
Re: How Can I Browse With The 3GB That Comes With My Glo Comonth BIS Plan by Rexyl(m): 5:54pm On Jan 06, 2013
folafola: check your andriod settings and mobile networks i think you should be able to create your personal profile i use xperia8 and it is an android phone but sony ericsson i can create profile on it so i think you should be able to do same, anyway just tell us your phone model and make maybe an help could come your way

I mean LG-P698 android phone.
Re: How Can I Browse With The 3GB That Comes With My Glo Comonth BIS Plan by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jan 08, 2013
i can help you if you are still looking for a way to browse with GLO 3Gb BIS. Mail me at ubongino4sure2001@gmail.com
Re: How Can I Browse With The 3GB That Comes With My Glo Comonth BIS Plan by Chikebrain: 3:44am On Jan 09, 2013
Browsing on PC with Glo BIs is relatively very easy. All you need to do is to subscribe to a GLO BIS data plan and then configure your modem with the following
Username: web or flat
Password: web or flat

And VOILA!! you are good to go to browse with your BIS. Although MTN BIS is unlimited it still requires a vpn to create a wormhole in the network.
You can mail me on chike.louis@yahoo.com or follow me on twitter @chikebrain for more info.
Thanks
Re: How Can I Browse With The 3GB That Comes With My Glo Comonth BIS Plan by maxibrainz: 4:13am On Jan 11, 2013
Pls i hope the browsing on pc using Glo BIS is still working and pls if anyone has the settings for using Airtel BIS on pc should help me with it. Tanx

1 Like

Re: How Can I Browse With The 3GB That Comes With My Glo Comonth BIS Plan by Chikebrain: 7:55am On Jan 11, 2013
maxibrainz: Pls i hope the browsing on pc using Glo BIS is still working and pls if anyone has the settings for using Airtel BIS on pc should help me with it. Tanx

The Glo BIS tweak still works. I'm currently using it. Airtel don't need much config.
APN: internet.ng.airtel.com
Username: internet
Password: internet
That's all you need

1 Like

Re: How Can I Browse With The 3GB That Comes With My Glo Comonth BIS Plan by maxibrainz: 9:52am On Jan 11, 2013
Chikebrain:

The Glo BIS tweak still works. I'm currently using it. Airtel don't need much config.
APN: internet.ng.airtel.com
Username: internet
Password: internet
That's all you need
so you don't need to do any configuration on your browser when using the Airtel and what are the codes to subscribe BIS when using Airtel. Tanx
Re: How Can I Browse With The 3GB That Comes With My Glo Comonth BIS Plan by Chikebrain: 4:44pm On Jan 11, 2013
maxibrainz:
so you don't need to do any configuration on your browser when using the Airtel and what are the codes to subscribe BIS when using Airtel. Tanx
You dont need any configuration on your browser. Just Plug and Play and you are ready to browse ( Note that they give only 1GB)
To subscribe, load N1200 and dial *440*4#.
Thats all Boss.
Thanks
Re: How Can I Browse With The 3GB That Comes With My Glo Comonth BIS Plan by maxibrainz: 11:22am On Jan 12, 2013
Chikebrain:
You dont need any configuration on your browser. Just Plug and Play and you are ready to browse ( Note that they give only 1GB)
To subscribe, load N1200 and dial *440*4#.
Thats all Boss.
Thanks
Tanx alot
Re: How Can I Browse With The 3GB That Comes With My Glo Comonth BIS Plan by folahann(m): 1:25am On Feb 09, 2013
This doesn't work for Etisalat does it?
Re: How Can I Browse With The 3GB That Comes With My Glo Comonth BIS Plan by MrSinister(m): 7:55am On Feb 09, 2013
folahann: This doesn't work for Etisalat does it?

Pls give me the settings for MTN BIS to browse on laptop. I've been online and tried all i've seen to no avail.
Re: How Can I Browse With The 3GB That Comes With My Glo Comonth BIS Plan by Nobody: 6:45am On Feb 11, 2013
Can glo work for my iphone
Re: How Can I Browse With The 3GB That Comes With My Glo Comonth BIS Plan by Chikebrain: 10:51pm On Feb 11, 2013
lekibraky: Can glo work for my iphone
Yes, it will work on Iphones.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

√√ Huawei Old/New Modem Unlocking Codes Request [ ONLY HERE ] / Post Your Laptop Problem Here / Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.