Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,281 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

Only Justice Can Solve Boko Haram Insurgency, Says Ex-sultan Dasuki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Only Justice Can Solve Boko Haram Insurgency, Says Ex-sultan Dasuki (672 Views)

PDP Laments Obasanjo’s Exit, Says Ex-president Rejected Pleas / Fayose Attacks Obasanjo, Says Ex-president Is Nigeria’s Main Enemy / The North Needs To Solve Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Only Justice Can Solve Boko Haram Insurgency, Says Ex-sultan Dasuki by Mrchippychappy(m): 9:43am On Sep 04, 2012
http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/news/60223-only-justice-can-solve-boko-haram-insurgency-says-ex-sultan-dasuki.html

Only Justice, served without discrimination can end Boko Haram insurgency, former Sultan of Sokoto Alhaji Ahmed Dasuki, said yesterday.
The ex-Sultan whose son, Col. Sambo Dasuki (rtd) is the National SecurityAdviser (NSA), also criticised North’s governors’ approach to security in the region.
The North has been battered by violent killings and attacks for which Boko Haram (western education is a sin) has claimed responsibility.
Although the governors recently set up a committee to look into the security situation in the north, the former Sultan is not convinced about their approach to the problem. He spoke at a news conference in Kaduna.
The former Sultan who was deposed by the Abacha regime and banished to Kaduna said the nation was going through a serious mess.
He urged leaders to urgently correct the negative state of things if the nation must move forward.
He said he had personally alerted the governors of the north to security challenges, but they did not show any interest in his suggestions for peaceful co-existence.
He kicked against the agitation for state police, aligning himself with those who argue that governors will misuse such security outfit.
He said: “Justice is very important, justice means everywhere. Everyone is entitled to justice and we must do justice.... Last year, somebody asked me how to solve Boko Haram problem and I said let the government from local government to Aso Villa declare justice and the problem of Boko Haram will finish.
“But if injustice continues, I don’t think the problem will be solved. The Boko Haram leader was killed and somebody who was responsible for it is still moving freely without any arrest. That is injustice.

“Only fairness, justice, transparency and honesty will solve Nigerian problems including security challenges. Let the government at all levels declare justice everywhere and stand by it. Our country is in a mess”.
Speaking on the ability of Col Dasuki to address the security challenge, he said: “my son was given the job and I think we have started seeing the positive results. My son is a mature person with his family and he is capable of taking decisions. Now, I go out every day to pray without being afraid of any attack”
On the agitation for state Police, he said: “State police will not help.
“Governors will run state police like local government councils. The courts are corrupt, people buy justice now in this country. Only in this country we have over 700 first ladies from president, governors to local government council chairmen’s wives.
“I sent ten copies of my Peaceful Co-existence plan to northern governors but none of them showed interest. Only the federal government and Kaduna state showed interest in the book. Kaduna State government set up committee to that effect.
“The security system is a licence for oppression. Think of someone arrested on an unproved offence. He will be asked to pay something before he could be given bail. Or think of the recent past whereby security officers wrote fake reports on someone else then collect large sum of money to establish the truth of that given case.
“They go to their villages, keep the money, come back with another false report in order to collect more money. This will go on and on until they report that the person they were pursuing had died in a car accident. That is the end of the matter. We have got very cheap and unbiased security system through the traditional institutions,” he said.
Re: Only Justice Can Solve Boko Haram Insurgency, Says Ex-sultan Dasuki by jamace(m): 10:05am On Sep 04, 2012
Sultan, na you de talk dis kain thing? I comment my reserve. angry
Re: Only Justice Can Solve Boko Haram Insurgency, Says Ex-sultan Dasuki by rash47(m): 10:29am On Sep 04, 2012
Who knows,may be its because of dirty talks like this that abacha deposed,justice my foot
Re: Only Justice Can Solve Boko Haram Insurgency, Says Ex-sultan Dasuki by rash47(m): 10:30am On Sep 04, 2012
Who knows,may be its because of dirty talks like this that abacha deposed him,justice my foot...

(1) (Reply)

Bakassi: Nigeria’s Territorial Integrity Under Threat —imoke / Breaking News: Igberebreaking People Booed Eunice Kalu, Mother Of Ex Gov Kalu. / Governor’s Wife Pays Fines To Free 40 Prisoners In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.